Ghandi

No PK server: * The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen *

i personally love the idea of some no pvp servers.. some people want to just be left the fuck alone FFS whats the harm in giving people what they want?

I also love the idea of a server where ppl wont suspect ill shoot them and will simply run in the open, i wanted to get some practice with the SVD scope anyway, guess there is no harm in getting myself some practice

And why shouldn't people be able to choose no PK servers?

Sure it isn't how the vanilla game works, but there IS an element of zombie survival/survivor building in the game. Given the gross over-abundance of non-bandit styled PK'ers the alpha is currently suffering, it seems only right. I would like to see a beta that's had some real alpha play, not free deathmatching.

I just got killed on this server, very much magically

I was in cherno near the church on a low populated server, and i aggroed one crawler accidently. I aim my m1911 at him and once i shoot, i die instantly. I heard no other shots than mine !

I respawn really close to the location i died, and i sprint to there.

Once i'm there in a minute or even less, the body is not there anymore.

- I had quite a lot of stuff on me, if someone would get me, he would have to take his time to loot the body

-If it was a sniper, the body shouldn't have dissapeared

my guess ? i think something bugged, or the server kills you if you shoot a damn crawler, or just the admin having fun

...we should also atart a server without zombies... one where the map is reduced to just inner ´Cherno!

Better yet, a server without zombies where only a single player is allowed in - then you just have to watch out for doorways and stairs...

no, wait wait wait! A server with only 1 active player, no zombies, and no buildings. Just spawns laying on the ground! YES!

seriously, there is basically no threats in the world aside from other players, why would you take them out? It like running around in a happy-fairy-land made of fine milk chocolate and infected puppy dogs!

:confused:

seriously' date=' there is basically no threats in the world aside from other players, why would you take them out?

[/quote']

Dehydration, hunger, zombies?

So I don't understand why is this server still up and running?

isn't good that more players can access more content and test it? I mean dayz' pvp is just that of arma 2 and that is already finished and doesn't really need any more testing, so I say lets just leave this server up and see how things change.

Personally' date=' I think Rocket should make a version with everything BUT zombies. This way the pk'ers can all get on there and have fun killing themselves while the rest of us play the game trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. You know, like what the game is supposed to be about.

[/quote']

Surviving other human beings is just as much a part of the zombie apocalypse as zombies themselves. It's all one big delicious wrap of apocalypse. It's funny that you don't think that inherently.

isn't good that more players can access more content and test it? I mean dayz' pvp is just that of arma 2 and that is already finished and doesn't really need any more testing' date=' so I say lets just leave this server up and see how things change.

[/quote']

Arma 2 pvp is already finished, Dayz PVP on the other hand isn't. If the server wasn't linked to the hive and the items not able to be transferred then sure your argument is sound, but currently leaving that server the way it is just makes it into a giant loot farm.

It's fun to read all those PvP kids blaming at ppl on that server.. if you really want to do PvP go play elsewhere, why the hell you want this server to be closed? Nor that they can collect more stuff, in fact you can collect the weapons so easy that you don't need a "friendly" server to do so.. to not count the moltitude of cheaters in the game.

Plus: did you realized that there's private server now? With their own rules? That cannot be closed/banned .. on some of them PvP is authorized, on other PvP is banned.

Stop pretending that anyone plays the game as you like.. there's chaps that doesn't like PvP and they want to play this game as a zombie survival only and do RPG, it's not your affar, you have thousand of other kids to shoot to! ;)

seriously' date=' there is basically no threats in the world aside from other players, why would you take them out?

[/quote']

Dehydration, hunger, zombies?

If u remove bandits Dehydration, hunger and zombies, are not a threat... LOL

U just take and akm and go into town guns blazing, or simply run through loosing zeds around corners and in houses with 2 exits

-----------------------------------------------------

Does anyone consider this game hard in anyway if there were no bandits? bandits are the only thing that makes this game hard and unique, and without them there is no point in getting most of the best gear like gillies, nvgs, sniper rifles, rangefinders, etc since an akm is as good as it gets while disposing zombies, maybe u could chnage it to mk 48 or a M4A1 SD but thats it... most of the stuff is really redundant without bandits

I've not read the whole thread so dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet,

But I tried the single player mission before it was taken down and to be honest it was very boring knowing the only threat was zombies.

I was somewhere up north last night and the paranoia of having to cross an open field in daylight is why this game is so good. You dont get that if other players arent a threat. Whenever I come across a new town or village the first thing I do is get my binoculars out and scan the tree lines, check the buildings, constantly looking over my shoulder. Zombies are a distraction, its the other players that get the heart racing.

You don't think that they might disallow bandits because of disconnecting exploiters ruining the mod do you? That certainly cant be it, no, never.

You don't think that they might disallow bandits because of disconnecting exploiters ruining the mod do you? That certainly cant be it' date=' no, never.

[/quote']

That's an extremely narrow-minded and naive argument to make.

They can 'disallow' banditry all they want - the simple fact is I've killed 13 loot farmers on their server in the last week.

isn't good that more players can access more content and test it? I mean dayz' pvp is just that of arma 2 and that is already finished and doesn't really need any more testing' date=' so I say lets just leave this server up and see how things change.

[/quote']

Arma 2 pvp is already finished, Dayz PVP on the other hand isn't. If the server wasn't linked to the hive and the items not able to be transferred then sure your argument is sound, but currently leaving that server the way it is just makes it into a giant loot farm.

thats the point i'm making is that more people getting loot and what not means more testing of the dayz mechinics, like the zeds, loot spawns, heli-crashes, bugs with c-wire, seeing if making a fortification is practical or not. why does not focus on those things instead of the finished pvp?

Why is this thread 20 pages long?

To anyone in support of this server needs to just stop posting.

Rocket has set specific rules that all servers need to follow, this server is blatantly ignoring those rules. The server should and will be blacklisted in the near future

end of story

Rocket has set specific rules that all servers need to follow' date=' this server is blatantly ignoring those rules. The server should and will be blacklisted in the near future

end of story

[/quote']

well I'm saying the concept of the server is good because more people can test more content

Rocket has set specific rules that all servers need to follow' date=' this server is blatantly ignoring those rules. The server should and will be blacklisted in the near future

end of story

[/quote']

well I'm saying the concept of the server is good because more people can test more content

With the amount of a playerbase DayZ has there is no way this is needed. There are more then enough people "testing" the exact same aspects on normal, legitimate servers. There are enough remote unpopulated areas and towns on low pop or 25 man servers that you can perform whatever unique "testing" you want.

This is a lame excuse for no pk. If you want it that bad, talk to the guy who had the SP version of the mod going, i'm pretty sure it still works for older versions and does not connect to the Hive, which you do not need for your "testing"

Even if you agree with the concept of the server, NO MATTER WHAT, IT IS STILL BREAKING THE RULES. For that it needs to be blacklisted/banned.

Haha anyone else then me gonna join this server just to kill some fkers before you get banned?

IT dosent matter if you get banned since the server is going to get blacklisted for breaking the rules anyway!