Vidura

Why wont people play in the night ?

They bought this game to have an authentic survival experience right ? But even now with accelerated time I see full servers emptying out once the sun starts going down. We are given a torch in the beginning for a reason and the whole dynamics of the game changes during the night.

If only the servers all ran on the same time..................

They bought this game to have an authentic survival experience right ? But even now with accelerated time I see full servers emptying out once the sun starts going down. We are given a torch in the beginning for a reason and the whole dynamics of the game changes during the night.

if all servers ran on the same time anyone whose in a time zone away from what ever thiey're synched to would be only getting night. ever.

But now we have accelerated time. 

They could also take into account the difference in the time zones and still have groups of servers belonging to that zone run at the same time, peple usually join the nearest server right?

Edited by Vidura

if all servers ran on the same time anyone whose in a time zone away from what ever thiey're synched to would be only getting night. ever.

As above and regardless of that night time has been poorly implemented, I can't see shit. If I can't see what is the point. As I have stated in other threads exactly like this, in a real zombie apocalypse, at night time I would be doing the same thing as I would in normal times..... sleeping not rumaging around zombie invested towns when I can't see shit lol.

Edited by NexVentor
  • Like 1

As above and regardless of that night time has been poorly implemented, I can't see shit. If I can't see what is the point. As I have stated in other threads exactly like this, in a real zombie apocalypse, at night time I would be doing the same thing as I would in normal times..... sleeping.

I have no problem playing night time. the current lighting/rendering of night time in game tho is bad. I have camped, stayed out on all night hunts, etc IRL. Its NO WHERE near as pitch-black as in the game. yes its dark. Yes you do struggle to make out finer details, but you can see a picket fence or sizeable bush quite easily without tripping on it.

• Like 4

I enjoy the nights, it really brings out the creepiness of the game, sadly, gamma exploits and people leaving makes it less fun.

Private Hive, anyone?

• Like 3

Gamma exploit. As long as that is in the game I wont bother with nighttime.

This. Night just isn't fair as long as the gamma exploit exists. You're basically forced to use it at night or you'll be at a big disadvantage!

• Like 5

I don't know, but I dislike night time unless I crank up gamma/brightness.

I mean yeah, we start with flashlight...but can we defend ourselves with flashlight in hand?

So I should always drop flashlight on the ground to fight zombies or players that go after me?

For me night is just not good when it's pitch black. If it was tad less black, I might like it.

Btw would love nicely done fog or snowing.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

Hmm, lets think:

Lack of flares, chemlights, bugged flashlights, zeds seeing you perfectly during pitch black nights?

• Like 4

Hmm, lets think:

Lack of flares, chemlights, bugged flashlights, zeds seeing you perfectly during pitch black nights?

I thought they actually cant see you well at night. only if you have like a flashlight turned on all the time.

Gamma exploit.
I would love to play at night, but I do not enjoy being at a huge disadvantage just for the added atmosphere, especially in DayZ where a mistake can be costly like hell.

• Like 2

I thought they actually cant see you well at night. only if you have like a flashlight turned on all the time.

yeah I've never had a problem with zeds at night. I've only ever been attacked by one zed at night and that was after I shined my light in his face (was a pistol light so he died quickly). I have run right into them at night with no problems (yes actually running into them - no agro). the nights are just too dark and lights shine thru walls so I don't run at night anymore.

Why complain.  Use night servers to legitimately loot up since you dont have to server hop.

Because I have better things to do that get killed by zombies and players I can't see unless I turn the gamma way up, at which point everything looks like crap anyway?

• Like 1

The gamma exploit needs to be fixed (mayble disable the gamma option in the menu).

And btw, i love to run in the night with my portable gas lamp ^^

Edited by Edoissimo
  • Like 1

For me night is just not good when it's pitch black. If it was tad less black, I might like it.

This. Make the night lighter.

If you argue with realism now I tell you that a vanilla M4 doesn't shoot straight even within 30 meters in this game. So don't get me started with that.

Oh and Flashlight going through walls.

Edited by Khanarac

20 hour day cycle, so if you play same time everyday still will experience all time sets within a week and still make day/night last enough to make it enjoyable.

• Like 1

Gamma exploit. (I can't use it because it doesn't work for me, it just makes it even harder to see.)

Super Jesus ninja zombies with hawk-eyes.

Flashlights are buggy and effectively a huge come kill me beam.

Its so dark I can't tell if I am running into an object.

Day seems to last 1 hour and night lasts 4. 

No ambient lighting such as the moon and stars.

No. Fucking. Campfires.

• Like 1

Because it runs on real time and you cant see anything. It makes game play allot more miserable than authentic.

Other than the issues listed previously, people just like playing in the daytime. It's really that simple.

If you look at games with night maps, they are markedly less-played than their daytime alternatives. Even in games like BFBC2 and BF3, where the darkness isn't really prohibitive, people just don't like playing at night.

I do, I love both daytime and nighttime. But, the reason I abhor night in DayZ as it stands is because it's absolutely unplayable. It's inky black, making the game unplayable for me unless I jack up my gamma. I've used this anecdote before, and it is true, that I have trouble telling whether my monitor is on or off when playing DayZ at night. The lighting needs to be reworked.

Fiddling with the diffuse lighting on flashlights is a good stop-gap, but the nights still need to be made playable. Not easy, but playable.

Because I don't see sh!t captain, meanwhile some gamma exploiting phaggot is going to kill me.

Rather stick to day.

To be fair, if it was completely dark and you had no light source, you wouldn't be moving anywhere if you were smart (in reality that is). I'd say that makes it authentic. The only problem I have with it is that you can't utilize both of your hands, so you can't have the torch in one hand and a weapon in the other, like you could in reality.

I have no problem playing night time. the current lighting/rendering of night time in game tho is bad. I have camped, stayed out on all night hunts, etc IRL. Its NO WHERE near as pitch-black as in the game. yes its dark. Yes you do struggle to make out finer details, but you can see a picket fence or sizeable bush quite easily without tripping on it.

What?

I looked out the window at 21:00 and all i saw was a faint blue sky and everything else that was silhouetted was pitch black where there was no light...even a half moon doesn't give as much light as in hollywood movies...full moon is quasi day in there.