Sign in to follow this  
lolwat

Blurry buildings at medium distance.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613923354706237259/B8E58E9A3B319274DEF84C1C153F1A9A7D16057D/

As you can see in the link, i see buildings at a certain distance so blurry, but I see them in normal resolution in far or closer distance. What causes this? Which command should I change in the config file? Help please.

Edited by lolwat

I think terrain and texture quality need to be set higher.

I'm probably wrong;  I play everything at low-as-possible on this laptop.

It could also be related to the most recent patch!!

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 1

I think it may have something to do with the patch, I never used to get it pre patch, But seem to get it now at 300-400m.

I have my texture settings maxed.

• Like 3

They have depth of field build into post processing while aiming down the sights now. It's a bit much in my opinion and should really only cause a blurry viewpoint to the right of the firearm and very edges of the screen anyways. Both eyes open shouldn't have as bad of a depth of field blur as it does currently

Edited by akafugitive

They have depth of field build into post processing while aiming down the sights now. 

what if i have post processing turned off?

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613923354706237259/B8E58E9A3B319274DEF84C1C153F1A9A7D16057D/

As you can see in the link, i see buildings at a certain distance so blurry, but I see them in normal resolution in far or closer distance. What causes this? Which command should I change in the config file? Help please.

also: holy carp that is terrible!

Well on the bright side  turning down your settings really low in dayz gives you a disadvantage and not an advantage.

Yeah, I noticed this with the ACOG. Unsure if it's intentional, kind of just annoying. Randomly focuses in on objects themselves, rather than what's in your field of view.

• Like 1

The only thing I can think of on your end is check to ensure your OBJECT quality is at normal or higher.. it will look like this if you do have it set below normal, but not usually that damn close. Seems like a bug. 

Edited by lrish

I think it may have something to do with the patch, I never used to get it pre patch, But seem to get it now at 300-400m.

They fucking broke the games distance rendering.  Did you not see the 10 posts today about how the game can no longer render the small dust poof from bullets hitting walls over 100m away?  Before the latest update, all hits to 900m or so rendered so you can zero scope shots.

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with how high you set your graphic settings. I mean it does get a little better but at a certain distance you still see blurry, although not to the extend that the OP posted.

Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 1

They fucking broke the games distance rendering.  Did you not see the 10 posts today about how the game can no longer render the small dust poof from bullets hitting walls over 100m away?  Before the latest update, all hits to 900m or so rendered so you can zero scope shots.

Quick question: Of your 389 posts, how many use the words "broke the game"?  :)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

When updates stop breaking the current version of the game, I will stop.    If you cant see and bullet hit an object past 100m now, sniping is no longer a playable option for the game since follow up shots are useless.  It was fun learning to adjust and zero scopes.  Now every bastard is going to use more m4s.

All of them.

And yes, I did see the 10 posts. However, I also saw the post from rocket stating that he has an idea what's causing it and is looking into it.

• Like 1

Isn't it amazing how when the devs are adding in new code and they put that in the game and it's broken they suddenly get tto hear about it by us, the aplha testers. The process is working as intended and we're happy to have you on the team and helping test the game :)

All of them.

And yes, I did see the 10 posts. However, I also saw the post from rocket stating that he has an idea what's causing it and is looking into it.

Looking into it?  He got caught being surprised at how fast zombie bodies disappear when playing his own game.  

Isn't it amazing how when the devs are adding in new code and they put that in the game and it's broken they suddenly get tto hear about it by us, the aplha testers. The process is working as intended and we're happy to have you on the team and helping test the game :)

Wtf?  Isnt it more amazing that they didnt know this was happening on experimental before they pushed it out to more players?   How is it possible that a casual gamer like me sees major glitches on regular but hardcore players and the devs didnt see this on experimental weeks ago?  So, no, this testing is not working at all.  Why have experimental at all that just wastes time if they are happy with their additions anyways?

Wtf?  Isnt it more amazing that they didnt know this was happening on experimental before they pushed it out to more players?   How is it possible that a casual gamer like me sees major glitches on regular but hardcore players and the devs didnt see this on experimental weeks ago?  So, no, this testing is not working at all.  Why have experimental at all that just wastes time if they are happy with their additions anyways?

You have to realize that once they put the roadmap in place they now have deadlines they absolutely cannot miss. If a minor bug makes its way into stable branch, so be it. Not a game-breaker and I'm sure as shit the devs know about it.

What I find amazing is the lack of tolerance by the community at large. Fixes bring bugs, its the name of the game. They will fix it my friend.

• Like 2

Hello there

Perhaps devs were already aware, remember the game is in alpha and will often be "broken" during this Bedrock stage.

Has anyone bothered to check the Bugtracker?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I had the same problem after a changed some values of my profile.

Iam not sure but i guess it was

sceneComplexity=500000; to sceneComplexity=100000;

After i set it back to default all buildings where shown with correct LoD

Ahh, the never ending need to tweak settings. I too have noticed this and figured it was just a bug. I realized when I bought this game that it was going to have numerous bugs throughout its development. It cracks me up that people actually complain about the bugs.Silly, silly people.

Just like it was posted perfectly before, all these crazy bugs(or at least most) should get smoothed out. Have faith beaniacs!

Edited by RustyWar

I haven't played this month. I should before suggesting help next time :)

the weird thing for me is i have Dayz on my laptop at work which is crappy so all detail is turned down and on my high end machine at home the detail is turned up all the way; I do not have blurr while zooming or aiming down sights or through scopes at work but i do on my pc at home....

EDIT:

Problem solved.  Disable your post processing.  Blurr goes away entirely.

Edited by authenticx