SmashT

Experimental Branch saw many changes in 0.44

by conveniently i meant on the official forums, rather than on external sites, so although the devs are the source of the information, it was the forum staff who brought it to the dayz forum, rather than the devs themselves

by conveniently i meant on the official forums, rather than on external sites, so although the devs are the source of the information, it was the forum staff who brought it to the dayz forum, rather than the devs themselves

This was discussed before and it does seem logical to be more dependent on the forums for sharing information about the development. From what I've heard, Rocket mentioned that Reddit had a more "mature" community than the forums (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I hope to see more varieties to wildlife :)

cant wait, disappointed this stuff didn't make it into april though but that clothing man"!

all bla bla bla... propaganda, to jolly us people of dayZ so long ^^

they should first succeed their latest blog ... OR how about to write annother new dev-blog only about BUG-FIXING?

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I really hope to see zeds also wearing all this clothes ....policemen zeds...UN soldier zeds....zeds waering track suits...etc

and I still want CLOWNS !!! 

• Like 3

The pig looks cool... but that is not a pig you would find in the wild.

You could find them if they were farm pigs released into the wild due to the zombie outbreak. It's plausible, although it's much more likely to find boars on the wild.

cant wait, disappointed this stuff didn't make it into april though but that clothing man"!

still a week to go  ;)

Played nearly two hours on DE exp hardcore this morning...game runs smooth like hell...found a P1 (extremely sexy thing).

I am also under the impression that zeds are slowly getting better  ....improved pathfinding...following player upstairs in a lot of buildings now...more challenging to fight...and as it seems better working animations and idle animations ..of course still a lot to do  :) but defenetely the right direction

• Like 3

I guess the pig will be in pens at edge of rural towns? For the wild what you want is a Boar.

People are in here talking about domesticated pigs when this optimization section is quite possibly the biggest news we've gotten since the release. This. Would. Be. Huge.

Marek (CEO) posted this on twitter also

• Like 3

Zombies are too Op , You need to hit like 10 times with Fire axe and its done , please low hp for zombies ! :(

Zombies are too Op , You need to hit like 10 times with Fire axe and its done , please low hp for zombies ! :(

Aim for the head. They won't be much of a problem after that.

• Like 1

Pigs and boars are the same. A domestic boar will grow tusks in a generation or two once left in the wild. Any feral hog - meaning let loose its fencing - will thrive in the wild and reproduce like rats. All of the feral hogs in the southern US are from domestic pigs that got loose at one point or another. They are taking over the land and highly destructive and prolific.

On a hiatus until hunting and cooking is fully implemented but looks like good progress.

• Like 1

Could we perhaps have the zombie system fixed first? How about the horrible mass of bugs released into the latest stable branch?

Could you guys perhaps stop for a moment, fix all the annoying bugs that people have been screaming about, then look into forward progression?

Sorry to spit fire, but I'm not sure what's going on over there in the way of priorities lately. Normally in development, you don't move anything to the "stable" branch unless it's actually something you can call stable. The zombies are way OP at the moment. I love a challenge and realism. But if you want to crank up the difficulty, fix the rest of the stupidities like zombie wall clipping, hits from 10meters, and other blatant stupidities that should have been addressed before moving to stable.

I also really dislike the new login timer. If you want to nail the hoppers, I'm totally in agreement. BUT make arrangements so that if a person joins the same server, they don't get nailed with the stupid timer. This fixes the issues of disconnects etc (Which have become common again I see).

Also perhaps some server admin tools that people have been screaming for?

I notice there's a lot of restrictive/challenging aspects being introduced, but completely at the wrong time where the game isn't ready for it. The timer being a prime example. The timer is needed (And I even agree with 600seconds!) but this is NOT the time to put it in place when the server/client session communications is still problematic. You just rolled a new system for this, test it before clamping down on it!

You guys are polishing the windows, when the foundation for the house isn't even straight. I'd much rather have a limited but stable/realistic game experience, than a clusterfuck of a mess that it is now.

• Like 4

Could we perhaps have the zombie system fixed first? How about the horrible mass of bugs released into the latest stable branch?

Could you guys perhaps stop for a moment, fix all the annoying bugs that people have been screaming about, then look into forward progression?

Sorry to spit fire, but I'm not sure what's going on over there in the way of priorities lately. Normally in development, you don't move anything to the "stable" branch unless it's actually something you can call stable. The zombies are way OP at the moment. I love a challenge and realism. But if you want to crank up the difficulty, fix the rest of the stupidities like zombie wall clipping, hits from 10meters, and other blatant stupidities that should have been addressed before moving to stable.

I also really dislike the new login timer. If you want to nail the hoppers, I'm totally in agreement. BUT make arrangements so that if a person joins the same server, they don't get nailed with the stupid timer. This fixes the issues of disconnects etc (Which have become common again I see).

Also perhaps some server admin tools that people have been screaming for?

I notice there's a lot of restrictive/challenging aspects being introduced, but completely at the wrong time where the game isn't ready for it. The timer being a prime example. The timer is needed (And I even agree with 600seconds!) but this is NOT the time to put it in place when the server/client session communications is still problematic. You just rolled a new system for this, test it before clamping down on it!

You guys are polishing the windows, when the foundation for the house isn't even straight. I'd much rather have a limited but stable/realistic game experience, than a clusterfuck of a mess that it is now.

Well sounds like you want to wait for another 6 months for a patch so better opt out now and come back later. They don't polish things too much because they will be broken again later so it's a waste of time.

Maybe in the future we will be able to mount pigs and use them as meanings transportation.

pig-riding_3238441.jpg190833_Riding_Pigs_into_Battle_on_the_Ne
screen grab

Edited by raynor009

Maybe in the future we will be able to mount pigs and use them as transportation.

ir7i4_DDDMk.jpg

Anyway, i wish for a bicycle 

Marek (CEO) posted this on twitter also

This also sounds important, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the details of programming and optimization and all that. What are the consequences of this? Essentially, what does it MEAN for the players?

EDIT: Will it be a consequence of "disconnecting the renderer directly from the simulation" and potentially changing or completely replacing it?

Also, this sounds like the sort of thing that proves why it will be better than any mod. Is this considered a fundamental change to the engine? It sounds like it.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

This also sounds important, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the details of programming and optimization and all that. What are the consequences of this? Essentially, what does it MEAN for the players?

EDIT: Will it be a consequence of "disconnecting the renderer directly from the simulation" and potentially changing or completely replacing it?

Also, this sounds like the sort of thing that proves why it will be better than any mod. Is this considered a fundamental change to the engine? It sounds like it.

Sounds like a pretty massive change. Right now the game cannot use more than 2GB of memory due to being 32-bit, there would be little benefit right now to changing it because the game client doesn't currently use more than that but it would allow you to use a lot more memory in the future, if it happens it is a long way off though as no 64-bit client even exists so considering dropping 32-bit support is purely an academic argument. 64-bit server however will have a much greater impact right now, thankfully they have that done already and will be in experimental soon.

• Like 1

Have the experimental DE-01  thru DE-04 been taken offline, or changed IP address? I can't find them .

Edited by just4me

Dat roll of leather/fur tho. 

Please tell me we're gonna be able to craft some mountain man gear.

If we were able to do that..... I would wear nothing but a pelt and knock out people and start chanting tribal verses :P

Good point, wild pigs are going to be boars basically... with the tusks and such.

yay but maybe they got loose from a farm after the apocalypse , lol