SmashT

Experimental Branch saw many changes in 0.44

Indeed. I would so like to play again after two months abstinence from the game, but at the moment the game is nothing but annoying due to the worst zombies the game has ever had, including DayZ Mod. I wish they'd just roll back to the old ones until they got them fixed.

They are much too fast, they all of a sudden appear from nowhere so you can't sneak in to a twon or building with any sort of control over the situation by estimating potential threats around you, they can be invisible or appear without making a sound until they punch you from behind...

And I can't believe they even haven't managed to fix the random sounds getting triggered. How hard can it be? Rocket had been talking about a massive team upgrade for the second time in the SA history, making promises after promises, but instead of crucial improvements we get NOTHING but a few eyecandy features and more diverse loot, i.e. features that are not ESSENTIAL.

Please fix the game! I miss it dearly!!

If you have fists, you have a weapon, also running in a straight line is a stupid tactic. Run in zig zags so the zombies can't beat you, also makes it harder for players to shoot :P

lol, well someone has got to, since the devlopers at their snails pace arent adding sweet F A. Roll on when they release it and the modders can get their hands fully on to it i say. We will actually get a good game then. 

Yeah, 'cause that's what happened to the mod, right? It became good once it started getting modded?

WRONG...

Pigs are known to be one of the fastest evolving animals known to man. A farm-raised pig and grow tusks and turn into a wild boar within a few months.

That isn't how evolution works, if wild farm pigs get horns commonly then so do farm pigs because of recessive alleles and such.

That isn't how evolution works, if wild farm pigs get horns commonly then so do farm pigs because of recessive alleles and such.

I meant adapting. Would be better if you'd have asked which I meant before trying to explain how evolution works.

I meant adapting. Would be better if you'd have asked which I meant before trying to explain how evolution works.

I'm too mean to be reasonable.

Not sure you can just magically adapt horns when it suits though.

It happens. Do they magically grow tusks? No, but apparently through research, they seem to grow pretty fast when the pig has to scavenge for his own food, rather than given slop.

It's explained earlier in this thread...

It happens. Do they magically grow tusks? No, but apparently through research, they seem to grow pretty fast when the pig has to scavenge for his own food, rather than given slop.

So there's a bit in the DNA of pigs telling them to grow tusks when times are tough and they're digging up the ground?

So there's a bit in the DNA of pigs telling them to grow tusks when times are tough and they're digging up the ground?

*sigh* It's the same reason dogs shed in the summer. Do they have a say in the exact moment it happens? No, it's just their body adapting to its surroundings. If you walk around in rough gravel barefoot, the first several times you're possibly going to receive cuts and scrapes on the bottom of your foot. Eventually, you'll build up enough callus so your feet will be more resilient to cuts and scrapes.

All I'm trying to say is a feral pig you'll find in the wild is the exact same pig you'd find on a farm. And that they can adapt faster than other animals.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 1

*sigh* It's the same reason dogs shed in the summer. Do they have a say in the exact moment it happens? No, it's just their body adapting to its surroundings. If you walk around in rough gravel barefoot, the first several times you're possibly going to receive cuts and scrapes on the bottom of your foot. Eventually, you'll build up enough callus so your feet will be more resilient to cuts and scrapes.

All I'm trying to say is a feral pig you'll find in the wild is the exact same pig you'd find on a farm. And that they can adapt faster than other animals.

Okay, just seems weird to me. I've always thought of wild pigs and pigs being significantly genetically different.

Okay, just seems weird to me. I've always thought of wild pigs and pigs being significantly genetically different.

Common misconception.

Common misconception.

Are you a biologist?

Hey wait, says tusks are needle teeth.

That are removed when the pigs are young.

Edited by AP_Norris

Are you a biologist?

Hey wait, says tusks are needle teeth.

That are removed when the pigs are young.

No. Not a biologist. Just well read. 

No. Not a biologist. Just well read.

Well look at you.

Well look at you.

I don't quite understand why you're being a snarky smartass. 

Graphics Optimization and the Renderer

Work has commenced on disconnecting the renderer directly from the simulation. This would then free us to change (or even replace) the renderer much easier, allowing greater optimization and new functionality such as better particle effects. We have no timeframe for this completion no any specific goals beyond preparing it for future goals, but it’s exciting for us to start this work.

This work will offer us the potential for future very significant client FPS optimizations, such as better scene management, to solve issues people experience such as low FPS in cities.

As soon as this is fixed and i have decent FPS without turning down all the settings....i will go on my journey to steal beans once again ;P