-Gews-

Another new pistol...

Nah, noone ever wrote such a thing. But you sure do like your lies.

Oh quit whining you butthurt little twit. You obviously hate BIS and Hate dayz so why are you even here? All you do is bitch about how you know every single fact in the universe and you know everything there is about game development and the gaming industry and you know fuck all but please, prove me wrong. Let's see your resume. Let's see the proof of your industry experience. Let's see the evidence of your research and let's see all the articles you've written on the gaming world. You're the ignorant one here and you're pathetic.

Yes you're right, BIS are a bunch of money grabbing assholes and we're all fan boys now piss off Sergey - Warz was utter shite just as much as Big Rigs was and you're not fooling anyone here.

yeah, someone definitively wrote something like that.

funny thing: mods dont hide posts like that, but if you're not a fanboy type and get a little hot on some argument, you almost get yourself banned for much less, like what happened with Rick1633 in some random topic here on these forums.

DayZ serious business.

Edited by lipemr
  • Like 2

yeah, someone definitively wrote something like that.

funny thing: mods dont hide posts like that, but if you're not a fanboy type and get a little hot on some argument, you almost get yourself banned for much less, like what happened with Rick1633 in some random topic here on these forums.

DayZ serious business.

I like how you, Rick1633 and others like you, try to appear as victims of oppressive moderators regime  :D .

Also if you think that spouting random bollocks will make game better, then you are very lying to yourself.

I bet that most of you so vocal critics just want the game to be finished tomorrow latest.

And when you wake up and realise, it will take a lot longer, you can't accept it and have to rant on forums to ease up the pain.

• Like 1

if this is actually real then it is a little concerning, while overall I think that the devs have done a great job my biggest concern is with the lack of direction regarding the items we are getting, it just seems like the devs are a bit lost on this one. Payday Masks? Amphibia S (how obscure can you get!)? Crossbow? Colt Python? Blaze Rifle? TACTICAL BACON???? ROTTON KIWI???? ENCORE?????? This game shouldn't feel like a big Easter egg hunt!

Couldn't we get more clothing items: a few jumpers, some new camos and backpacks, maybe some headscarf's and balaclavas? And some sensible soviet/czech weapons like maybe a CZ rifle?

Its just a pity because the art team are clearly really talented and the models look fantastic, its just the things they model in the first place are very odd.

Hey! Tactical bacon is the shit! Watch yourself.

The Art team are not the programming team and so they are adding their content as per roadmap no doubt. I cant see how this is surprising to anyone? To re-phrase: It is NOT the same devs fixing bugs and adding pistols in game.

I understand this perfectly, my complaint is with the choice of the content being added by the art team, not with the fact that the art team is adding content.

I understand this perfectly, my complaint is with the choice of the content being added by the art team, not with the fact that the art team is adding content.

I honestly rather see them add stuff like that instead of crazy over the top things like m14 ebrs or some keltec crap.

• Like 1

I like how you, Rick1633 and others like you, try to appear as victims of oppressive moderators regime  :D .

Also if you think that spouting random bollocks will make game better, then you are very lying to yourself.

I bet that most of you so vocal critics just want the game to be finished tomorrow latest.

And when you wake up and realise, it will take a lot longer, you can't accept it and have to rant on forums to ease up the pain.

nah, it's just you and your 'friends' that are a little bit too much tolerant with the consecutive delaying of the development. It's 1/3 till the beta and we're not even close to having a decent netcode/framework, zombies still clip through walls like they're nothing, the ballistics are still bullshit, etc.

you'll see that as time passes, and things get slower and slower, we'll see less and less fanboys crawling through these forums.

• Like 1

Hello there

Stick to the pistol talk, please.

The devs including this weapon has nothing to do with fanbois or haters.

Rgds

LoK

I honestly rather see them add stuff like that instead of crazy over the top things like m14 ebrs or some keltec crap.

True, but it seems that they have got the message that people want less modern high grade military loot and taken it mean we want extremely obscure novelty weapons...

Also seeing as this pistol isn't a troll does it use ammunition that's already in game or will it come with its own rounds? And anyone know the magnification on that scope?

Edited by YorkMorgan
  • Like 1

same gun ?

When it comes to big game hunting, Lance Henriksen approves of the Thompson Center Contender.

iubnu2U.jpg

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

We know this argument.  But..... For the love of God, there is no evidence the core is being improved on by a talented team.  What evidence do we have that the core is making progress that would run on any servers?  Forgive me if there is a dev message board somewhere and dont know about it.

Well would ya look at that garcon!

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Oh my bad. Well in this case yeah perhaps your point is valid but then you would probably find 100s of divergent opinions on what should be added next. I want my fishing rod!

I personally think this "pistol" is a bit silly...  The good news is it's not going to use mags which would have further diluted the loot pool making finding a pistol and mag combination even less likely.

edit: The team needs to diversify the 7.62 round asap...  This means both 7.62x51/.308 and 7.62x54r...

Looks "cool" but that's about it... Not a fan of this really.

Well.. Its kind of out of place, I'd rather have a makarov/tokarev than this, these are better and fit in with the gameworld. But I guess adding a new caliber would complicate things

it's still not in the game yet

Neither is the Thompson Contender, when in the context of the original post I quoted made it seem like the Contender was in game and working prior to the AKM was even considered.

You have a big head and an air of self righteousness, that doesn't make you right either.

True, but it seems that they have got the message that people want less modern high grade military loot and taken it mean we want extremely obscure novelty weapons...

Also seeing as this pistol isn't a troll does it use ammunition that's already in game or will it come with its own rounds? And anyone know the magnification on that scope?

I don't think they've really got any message from anybody. They're clearly just doing their own thing, creating a fictional lineup of weapons for fictional Chernarus. Do I support all of the weapon inclusions? Maybe. Does it ruin the experience for me? Not in the slightest.

Torchia has expressed interest in a FN FAL, HK G3, and a mid-length AR-15. I don't think so-called "high-end" (whatever meaning you ascribe to that) weaponry is going anywhere. Just the same, I don't think so-called "civilian" weaponry is going anywhere either. We can all have our cake and eat it together at the table of brotherhood.

I say bring it on, so long as certain weapons are justifiably rare, I have no issue with so-called "high-end"/"obscure"/"tactical" weaponry.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

If anything this update gives me hope for more hunting weapons.

Fingers crossed for a Bolt .22lr and bolt .223/5.56 nato next.

I'll make sure not to pick up that peace of crap and wait for throwing to be added so I can just as effectively kill someone with it and not waste my time or life trying to reload that POS...

I'll make sure not to pick up that peace of crap and wait for throwing to be added so I can just as effectively kill someone with it and not waste my time or life trying to reload that POS...

You think a 7.62 bullet to the chest is not effective ?

• Like 2

You think a 7.62 bullet to the chest is not effective ?

unless it's a x54r then no. Not in Dayz SA at least. Ive have personally survived over 5 shots to the body with the SKS in SA..Just my 2cents.

Add to that Ive survived countless single shots to the body without even bleeding from the x54r is SA so even then yea, no its a POS.

Edited by RyBo

unless it's a x54r then no. Not in Dayz SA at least. Ive have personally survived over 5 shots to the body with the SKS in SA..Just my 2cents.

Add to that Ive survived countless single shots to the body without even bleeding from the x54r is SA so even then yea, no its a POS.

SKS is x39. This pistol is more powerful than that. The Mosin is x51 (in DayZ), not x54R. the Mosin one shots just about everything and the SKS has a lot of OHK potential up close (I've been OHK'd with that thing more than I've been killed with multiple shots from it). Considering the handgun would be somewhere inbetween those, I'm content.