SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Just played for one hour on UK 17 exp. no rubberbanding at all. It was a regular server. Looks like they make progress.

Tried everything to force rubberband. sprint trough Houses going fast trough police station.

All went well. Found a prestine M4A at a crashed helicopter.

Good morning for me.

• Like 2

Just played for one hour on UK 17 exp. no rubberbanding at all. It was a regular server. Looks like they make progress.

Tried everything to force rubberband. sprint trough Houses going fast trough police station.

Good morning for me.

seems to be getting better then 

Good morning for me.

They have but I did get some last night randomly out in the open which didn't happen before so fingers crossed!!!!

Firstly, I'd like to ask you a question. What causes rubberbanding?

Secondly, there is a very simple solution to his. Don't play experimental. Problem solved.

We want to play with the new updates (hunting, fire place, new weapon balance) .... This is only on experiemental! Everyone waiting a long time for the things to come to stable

• Like 1

Good morning for me.

How busy was the server? More people seems like more rubberbanding happens.

So is there any chance we could get it this week? Or have the devs said anything about this wait? Seems like it's taking strangely long perhaps they're trying to fix a bigger issue they've not told us about as a surprise, like the zombies.

I cant wait for the next update to EXP tbh!

We want to play with the new updates (hunting, fire place, new weapon balance) .... This is only on experiemental! Everyone waiting a long time for the things to come to stable

Experimental - play the newest build

Stable - play the least buggy version

You can't have your cake and eat it too this early in development. Sorry!

• Like 3

After not playing exp. for about 2 weeks,I tried again.

First server - I think UK 0-19:

No rubberbanding, slik responsiveness in inventory, hot bar - well as slik as it gets in DayZ

Second server - I think UK 0-4:

Rubberbanding deluxe, responsiveness in inventory, hot bar - not so great. Often transported back when a zed attacked me somewhere else, got plenty of ruined stuff because of that. WAY MORE ZEDS running around than on the other server.

There was about the same number of players on the servers. I am pretty sure about the server names. Are there different experimental states out there? Lost my connection in stary, did the town twice and it was reaaaalllly different. BTW, crafting leather improvised backpack did still not work.

Do you also have different experiences on different servers?

EDIT: Well different servers that have the same ping and are at the same locations that is...

Edited by bautschi

Experimental - TEST the newest build

Stable - play the game

I fixed for you. ;)

• Like 1

How busy was the server? More people seems like more rubberbanding happens.

There were 14 players out of 30. So yes maybe a full server means more Rubberbanding. But as smooth as this morning was a while ago for me (on exp.) 

This patch should have been pushed to stable by now, i feel sorry for the one guy sat there doing the code, must be a sad time knowing you're the only one working whilst everyone else is off taking holiday..

Your knowledge is immense, oh great one. Share with us more of your vast understanding of game development.

And everytime they fix it, they break it. It's the same repeating issue, should have been stamped out by now, at this rate the next EXP build will be up straight after this one goes in stable, is there even a point to stable at this moment? May aswell unify the builds and forget the roadmap and planning, everytime there's a delay and it simply is not good enough.

Stuff like that happens as you develop a game. You add things and sometimes that breaks other things. Crazy, I know right?!! :rolleyes:

The amount of "arm chair" devs and programmers on this forum is ridiculous. Don't like the game right now? Simple. Stop testing and come back when it's in Beta or better yet, when it's actually Released. Just because there's a roadmap doesn't mean that problems can't arise thus delaying implementation. This is a pretty straight-forward logical concept but it seems a some people have issues understanding just what game development is about, more specifically alpha development, despite the numerous warnings before and after you've bought the software.

A lot of these types posts remind me of a spoof take on the J.G. Wentworth commercials lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Am9jhwFps

Edited by haknslash

Good amount of rubberbanding for me on the experimental server.

The worst is that all zombies are invisible. Either that or they are beating on a different version of me somewhere on the server.

The worst is that all zombies are invisible. Either that or they are beating on a different version of me somewhere on the server.

Interesting. I made some videos of zombies standing around beating into the air randomly today.

They only struck me when I got within a range of about 5 meters. 

Interesting. I made some videos of zombies standing around beating into the air randomly today.

They only struck me when I got within a range of about 5 meters.

The thing is that normally I'd say the zombies are invisible, but the actual zombie noises are not in my face. They're perhaps 10-30 meters behind me, while I'm being punched. That's why it seems like they're punching a lagged or rubberbanded clone of me from where i was 10 seconds ago or something.

At the same time I was completely unable to see them ever chasing me despite running around in circles and through buildings quite a lot, so it really seems like they are invisible. The sounds were close enough that I should have seen at least one.

The thing is that normally I'd say the zombies are invisible, but the actual zombie noises are not in my face. They're perhaps 10-30 meters behind me, while I'm being punched. That's why it seems like they're punching a lagged or rubberbanded clone of me from where i was 10 seconds ago or something.

At the same time I was completely unable to see them ever chasing me despite running around in circles and through buildings quite a lot, so it really seems like they are invisible. The sounds were close enough that I should have seen at least one.

Just had the same issue, but I did see them, so I could run back and kill them. Earlier today I was usually pulled back to the zed, where it hit me. One zed now was really problematic, it hit me while standing in a garage wall and was continuously hitting me. That sucked, but I did somehow hit it before it killed me off. The really strange thing is that I had different experiences with zeds today. One server with everything ok and few zeds, one with them hitting me which teleported me back and there being really a lot of them and now one with hitting me where I was before and I had to run back to kill them. Maybe it's a performance thing that decides just what happens, don't have any other idea. Maybe their number changes had to do with me going further and further west...there are different numbers of zeds in different towns after all.

Edited by bautschi

The zombies are not invisible. They are attacking your "duped self". Server says your are here <-. Client says you are here ->. Zombie and Server win out every time.

Edited by haknslash

I fixed for you. ;)

Most people that play DayZ are not testing, they're simply playing; hence the number of people complaining about bugs. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Most people that play DayZ are not testing, they're simply playing; hence the number of people complaining about bugs. :rolleyes:

Preaching to the choir Mos.. but I still hear ya :P

I think people have a right to complain, it's called constructive criticism, ever heard of it? Probably not, Whether or not it's an Alpha, we still had to pay for it, even if we are testing, if we don't like something we should be allowed to mention what/why because it's paid for, i'd understand if it was a free beta, or had to sign up for it. But since we had to pay we do have a right to mention and point out the flaws with the game, and it's development, in fact even if we didn't pay we'd still have a right. We ARE the tester after all, or so we keep hearing from the same recycled posts by the egotistical people who most likely couldn't care less how this game develops, or even if it progresses.

"It is an ALPHA STFU." "It's an Alpha expect these things" blahdy blahdy blah, and? They're developers. This game needs developing. It has bugs, they need fixing. IT has hackers and has for the past 3 months, that needs stopping. The game's still early, it needs content. Add it, the rate of this is really really poor. I could care less how many times i'm told it's an Alpha, end of the day i'm not happy with the speed the progression is, it's questionable, almost like the devs don't even give a shit but hey why would they right? They have people defending them. They have our money, and they can hide behind the excuse "It's only an alpha" you can say what you want in response but it won't change anything about my expressions here, i love the game. I love the concept and idea. Only problem is the progression, the bugs and hacks i can deal with as strenuous as they are, but the progression seriously needs to be looked at.

• Like 1

They're not invisible.  It's because of the rubberbanding.  The server is saying your in a certain spot and the client is saying your in a different spot(which is what is causing the rubberbanding).  The "invisible" zombies that are hitting you are wailing on where the server is saying you're located and it is doing damage to you.

• Like 1

I think people have a right to complain, it's called constructive criticism, ever heard of it? Probably not, Whether or not it's an Alpha, we still had to pay for it, even if we are testing, if we don't like something we should be allowed to mention what/why because it's paid for, i'd understand if it was a free beta, or had to sign up for it. But since we had to pay we do have a right to mention and point out the flaws with the game, and it's development, in fact even if we didn't pay we'd still have a right. We ARE the tester after all, or so we keep hearing from the same recycled posts by the egotistical people who most likely couldn't care less how this game develops, or even if it progresses.

"It is an ALPHA STFU." "It's an Alpha expect these things" blahdy blahdy blah, and? They're developers. This game needs developing. It has bugs, they need fixing. IT has hackers and has for the past 3 months, that needs stopping. The game's still early, it needs content. Add it, the rate of this is really really poor. I could care less how many times i'm told it's an Alpha, end of the day i'm not happy with the speed the progression is, it's questionable, almost like the devs don't even give a shit but hey why would they right? They have people defending them. They have our money, and they can hide behind the excuse "It's only an alpha" you can say what you want in response but it won't change anything about my expressions here, i love the game. I love the concept and idea. Only problem is the progression, the bugs and hacks i can deal with as strenuous as they are, but the progression seriously needs to be looked at.

You didn't pay for the the beta/alpha, you basically pre-ordered with the perk of having access to the alpha/beta. Sounds like you're upset you paid for a game that now having played a not even half done version of it you want your money back. How about just not playing the alpha/beta and wait until release, it'll cost the same either way, you just don't have to be getting turned off it because its full of bugs, hackers and missing content.

I can see what the devs are up to, they've had to do some major architecture changes like being able to remove the graphics engine or transferring to 64bit servers, which I'm assuming why not too much bug fixing has happened. They add new content as well to keep those testing actually interested and new stuff to test/do. It'll get done eventually it takes years to finish a game though.

• Like 2

Chopping tree and bush are good features but I just want to ask something. As you know when you go near tree and select chop tree option,theres is no proper animation.He just slash axe afew times and tree falling down with ROOT. Theres no cutting MARK on tree, and no proper sound effect. Its really killing ambient and realisim in game. Is it really so hard to put proper cutting animation and cutting marks on tree also make tree fall down not from root.

Chopping bush not that bad  its acceptable for me. Just need to delay chopping like 5-10 second and make bush go flat slowly not suddenly.

Also when you take meat from animals, theres no blood at least we should see when you dig knife in to animal,

When you minnig, again theres no effect like spark. I jsut want to know those visual effects and animations will be in final relase or, they will stay like that. Also someone let me know, what I asking for are they really hard to do ? If I know, what I looking for is really hard to put in game I wont expect proper visual effects and animations on this game.

Edited by KingofTheWorld

Haven't noticed any rubberbanding since the latest server maintenance.