SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

you wanted respawning loot , you get to enjoy some rubberbanding with it too.

Loot was already respawning.

Wait, Respawning loot is on .45? Can I grab a link to the source?

you wanted respawning loot , you get to enjoy some rubberbanding with it too.

Edit : Found it, Nevermind. And, Holy shit, Respawning loot is on .45. o.o

Edited by Preach

Loot was already respawning.

Not in .43/.44 it wasn't, only on server restart. They have been working on a prototype for in-game respawning loot and I guess this is it.

Not in .43/.44 it wasn't, only on server restart. They have been working on a prototype for in-game respawning loot and I guess this is it.

rPrbw4y.gif

Edited by ManInTheWall
  • Like 2

So much for the respawning loot! We got respawning rubberbanding...

Oh well thats whats Exp is for....to test..sometimes its good...44 sometimes not so good .45

keep up the hard work Devs.. still doing a good job.

That's nice, shame they stopped bothering with patch notes.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

This is good to know.. will wait for stable tomorrow. I dont like being

• Like 3

That's nice, shame they stopped bothering with patch notes.

Although I agree with you to a point about patch notes, if you look you will usually find the info you seek.  ;)

Although I agree with you to a point about patch notes, if you look you will usually find the info you seek.  ;)

I always do the Twitter and Reddit run-around, but the only place I actually find real "patch notes" is this forum as users discover changes on experimental that have gone completely undocumented. I just get frustrated because I am here to test as much as I am to play and when a new patch comes out I just have to throw my hands in the air and say "I have no idea what they want us to do".

• Like 6

Twitter and Reddit suck balls.

Reddit is for hipsters and liberals (seriously reddit bans/blocks and edits conservative posts.)

And twitter is for yuppies.

Use the damn game forums.

• Like 6

People shouldn't play on experimental if the name experimental itself doesn't tell them anything.

• Like 4

People shouldn't play on experimental if the name experimental itself doesn't tell them anything.

Duh.

Still needs to be fixed

• Like 1

I saw your point that experimental version changing too often to realise patch notes , but anyway I would like to see a bit more information about changes. Cause today I noticed, that steam updated exp DayZ.. I launch DayZ, join server and everything looks the same as logout in previous version. What should I test if I dont know what exactly have been changed? I'm confused.

• Like 5

Are the 100 pop servers gone?? i can only see 30 ppl servers

Player count reduced while they test/tweak loot respawning.

After 1 hour.

-Not sure if loot really respawn, but sometimes loot teleports to another building. I threw some stuff on the floor and it teleported to the building 10 metres away.

-Zombies respawn again.

-OMG! Zombies walk and respawn in the deep forest.

-Rubberbanding not fixed.

• Like 1

Good thing its experimental! huh? yeah it is! wouldnt want this in a finished game do we now? nope.. oh thats right its both on experimental branch in alpher stage. strange.. i wouldnt have expected big bugs in this stage.

WHERES CARS!?!?! 

• Like 2

This is getting ridiculous.  The amount of bellyaching not only in an alpha but on the goddamn experimental "testing" branch is astounding.  Moderators of this forum, I tip my hat and give you the utmost respect for having to deal and put up with the bullshit that goes on here.  

• Like 6

Twitter and Reddit suck balls.

Reddit is for hipsters and liberals (seriously reddit bans/blocks and edits conservative posts.)

And twitter is for yuppies.

Use the damn game forums.

If you think conservative posts are edited or removed on Reddit then you are probably in the wrong sub Reddit. The only people with the power to actualy remove posts are mods and even then is posts that violate the terms of service. You can see videos of murder ,genocide,abuse of all kinds on Reddit and say anything you wish. Its only on Subs where you see abuse like that. As long as you are not being racist generally you'll never have an issue.Report abuse of mods.

Edited by Canned Muffins
  • Like 1

I agree, took me 3 minutes to cross a street because of rubberbanding.

Also, I was on the 2nd floor of a building when I suddenly broke my legs.

lmao that sucks dude

Figured that's what was meant. Quote from Dean:

"Experimental is a branch for us to experiment with. We were experimenting with large player numbers to gather metrics. We are currently experimenting with loot respawn mechanics to gather metrics for that. We then use these metrics to improve the game for stable patches."

So get on there and loot a bunch of shit to help add to the data they are pulling :)

If you think conservative posts are edited or removed on Reddit then you are probably in the wrong sub Reddit. The only people with the power to actualy remove posts are mods and even then is posts that violate the terms of service. You can see videos of murder ,genocide,abuse of all kinds on Reddit and say anything you wish. Its only on Subs where you see abuse like that. As long as you are not being racist generally you'll never have an issue.Report abuse of mods.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84023101/