kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

As always there are also those complaining about it now being a twitch shooter. Can't see that with the weapon lagging. I always thought messing around with mouse input to simulate the weight of a gun only simulates a defunct brain - mouse = sending messages on how far to turn. Even if it takes longer (weapon lagging) to aim exactly there, in real life you will turn as far as you want, you don't have to put conscious thought into turning farther when holding something heavy. Stopping midway is clearly a neurological problem, not a simulated heavy backpack. Personally I could almost light a candle every day for Saint New Mouse Input.

Very well said, the new mouse input is great.

I also got killed by kids using the pbo exploits. Also one of my friends each time he reconnects he is freshly respawned as a bambi. If you consider this rants , I must say that you have no respect for your customers. I understand that this is an alpha but prioritising useless shit over fixing gamebreaking mechanics denotes either disastrarous project planning or stupidity or full lack of any management skills.

Edited by mishu
  • Like 1

I also got killed by kids using the pbo exploits. Also one of my friends each time he reconnects he is freshly respawned as a bambi. If you consider this rants , I must say that you have no respect for your customers. I understand that this is an alpha but prioritising useless shit over fixing gamebreaking mechanics denotes either disastrarous project planning or stupidity or full lack of any management skills.

Who are you talking to? Developers are not reading this forum and Moderators have nothing to do with the game.

The game is already available for you as a raw product, Alpha. You are getting warned each time you launch the game. Even Dean said not to buy the game yet, not worth it. But here you are so deal with it.

It seems they are neither reading their bug list. I am hoping that someone capable will start building a good foundation for this potentially great game instead of continuing breaking it or leaving it broken from the core.

Edited by mishu
  • Like 2

Who are you talking to? Developers are not reading this forum and Moderators have nothing to do with the game.

The game is already available for you as a raw product, Alpha. You are getting warned each time you launch the game. Even Dean said not to buy the game yet, not worth it. But here you are so deal with it.

well he's clearly stating his opinion.. I partly agree with him  'the devs don't read these forums' then WHY are these forums there?? WHY? explain and it better not be BS.. like most of your posts and answers..

yes dean said not to buy it.. well he should have said that a bit earlier.. like 4 monthes BEFORE actually 'releasing' an alpha game.. fact is (as seen in recent update!!) they promise something.. show it off on reddit or whatever show their visiting.. put it on exp. run it for 2-3 MONTHES! while adding 'new' stuff.. it runs on exp. so they've 'tested' it enough.. so they release it to stable.. and practically screw up more then 30 things they've worked on since the last BIG update.. there's logic for you..

yes this is an alpha, but if I remember correctly dean hall delayed the release for 'security' reasons.. improving the security against hackers/script kiddo's etc. well judging by mishu's reaction and many others.. clearly its not that 'secure' yet so to speak.

alpha means constant developments.. SURE but if you get something 'working' on exp. servers then state its 'in working order' (NOT finished!) then you release it to stable.. and it screws up your other updates? I don't call that 'working' I call that a exp. update in its early release ;) just saying.

they want SO much new stuff.. if people are using modded PBO's to hack the game.. then first make sure you stop them from doing so by making it more 'secure' for example: *deletes/replaces PBO file/starts game* 'PBO file error/PBO file not found this game will now close'

making it impossible for scripters/hackers whatever to actually play.. thats a crude 'solution' to a security issue for you!

and it 'fixes' a huge game breaker. making people a bit more forgiving if you set out deadlines and talk about certain updates and things you as a well paid game dev. (yes they are) can't even finish/release on the set dates.. now *1 entire month* after the initial release date its still NOT there.. since it still being worked on..

have a nice day MetapoliC

Edited by Tigermonk
  • Like 2

Session lost is a server restart now on experimental huh

Kinda been that way for a long time bud.. not played exp branch much, eh?   

But anywho.. was playing stable branch tonight a bit and spawned in with my kitted toon on top of the roof of one of the 2 story apt/houses.  Not much of a way to get down unless you take the quick route.. jumping to your death.  So, I logged out of the server, then rejoined, only to be unconscious with broken legs.  lol.. goodtimes, but didn't end well for me.  :P

• Like 1

What are the artists, map makers, animators, designers, researchers, modellers gonna do while the programmers work on these bugs?

Planetside 2 focused there entire team on Make game faster watch the video and you can see how they get map makers, animators, designers all to work on one thing and the end result is it worked.

Point is if managed properly they would be fixing knowing game breaking problems.

Planetside 2 focused there entire team on Make game faster watch the video and you can see how they get map makers, animators, designers all to work on one thing and the end result is it worked.

Point is if managed properly they would be fixing knowing game breaking problems.

Not to be rude, but you do realize that it took SOE months after actual release to finally start doing all that stuff right?

Unacceptable is that a lot of people talks about one of the most critical bug and they still do not reopen the ticket. I personally sent private message. No repsone. Bug must be reopened, people must know that they can be killed through the walls. Also, people must know that if they adjust video settings for their low performance graphic card, they actually won't be able to see players above 300 meters. And again, this bug is not acknowledged at least.

I just want to say that there is apparently no feedback to our tickets.

I see you're probably new here on the forums. If you didn't know there are groups of people willing to provide medical assistance to people in dire situations.

If you're interested: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160262-need-medical-assistance-in-dayz-sa-find-your-medic-here/

Why in the hell would I need a dedicated group to kill me? This is easily solved. Really, a non-issue. 

Why in the hell would I need a dedicated group to kill me? This is easily solved. Really, a non-issue. 

Their medics, they heal people. Strange that it's such a non-issue since you posted in this thread to complain about how there is no suicide button.

Kinda been that way for a long time bud.. not played exp branch much, eh?   

But anywho.. was playing stable branch tonight a bit and spawned in with my kitted toon on top of the roof of one of the 2 story apt/houses.  Not much of a way to get down unless you take the quick route.. jumping to your death.  So, I logged out of the server, then rejoined, only to be unconscious with broken legs.  lol.. goodtimes, but didn't end well for me.   :P

Nope not that much ^^

Edited by MetapoliC

Loving the new spawn points, on the coast it's so easy to find you bearings and figure out where to go. Last few spawns I've had i actually had some trouble staying alive and figuring out where the hell i am.

I'm lonely. So lonely. Thought I would go to the nwaf with my buddies Mosinsky and Professor LongRair Scoper. The fullest server I found was with 11 ppl.  Probably all drinking in that pub in Berezino. Heard it's a real party there now. Even my trusted companion Frank Noodle Xavier is all silenced these days. So lonely. Rice and beans turn to ash in my mouth, I need the warmth of human blood contact.

Where are you all? So lonely. First time ever having Professor LongRair Scoper with me and not seen a stable soul forever. Or am I simply too far north and west?

Please remember, that this is the stable branch discussion.

Experimental discussion can be found here.

• Like 1

I don't know what the hell everyone is talking about, I have had like 1 issue in stable.  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't get too many bugs.  

The only issue I had was, I put a can of tuna in my pack and the graphic didn't show, but the slot it was in was taken up.  It's like the can of tuna was invisible, but I was still able to see the drop down menus when I right clicked on the invisible spot.

Edited by twinturbonet

...The only issue I had was, I put a can of tuna in my pack and the graphic didn't show, but the slot it was in was taken up.  It's like the can of tuna was invisible, but I was still able to see the drop down menus when I right clicked on the invisible spot.

Was the same in experimental before the stable update. Same with sardines. Both get visible after opening them. Seems to be somewhat fishy.

Used up slots with invisible things have a different grey in the inventory than empy slots, so you can find invisible things.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Can't seem to register on the Feedback Tracker, so I'll mention it here: I was hiding in one of the red brick houses in Gvozdno with a friend - we were hiding at the top of the stairwell in the middle of the hallway (there's a door at the top that you can't open). Anyway, my friend bumped into me while I was on the stairs and it caused my leg to fracture. He said I was invisible and he didn't see me when it happened. I we were both crouching at the time.

Was the same in experimental before the stable update. Same with sardines. Both get visible after opening them. Seems to be somewhat fishy.

Used up slots with invisible things have a different grey in the inventory than empy slots, so you can find invisible things.

Beans for "fishy"

I have discovered Canina berries to be of infinite use (or of 20+ uses, with no amount indicator).  I have replicated on twelve servers (all Hardcore, stable branch),  they are providing the usual nourishment and using stomach space, but are not consumed on use.

Posting this information here, as I am unable to use the bugtracker at present.

Edited by _Mandrake_

What are the artists, map makers, animators, designers, researchers, modellers gonna do while the programmers work on these bugs?

Work on new content, but this is not the point here.

For sure they have categories of bugs and new features.

On the stable branch:

In a new release the main focus should be to fix severity A bugs.  ( severity A bug - hacks, exploits, any game breaking bug ). 

New content could reach the release

- if this new features are not huge ( like physics ... ).

- if the new feature was tested in the experimental build and it's stable

On the experimental branch:

- The main focus should be adding the new features. This features should stay in experimental branch until all major bugs are fixed. When a new feature is stable, it should be moved in the stable branch.

I get that bugs that happen once, or don't have the steps to reproduce will be a pain in the ass, and will take a while to fix, but

I still don't get how bugs, that have 100% reproduce rate are not fixed.

Edited by RaduV
  • Like 1

that new village Karmanovka is so awesome!!

Any pictures?

sure! here u go one:

error404-240x180.jpg

• Like 6

cmon ppl,nobodys found a tracksuit jacket or the new hat???? would prefer screens of real peeps not dev ones all glamoured up

• Like 2