kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Anyone else have issues with drinking/eating now? I'm not sure how to replicate it reliably, but sometimes, when I click on drink/eat/eat all, nothing happens and the game acts like it just didn't recognized the input. But then it doesn't even give me the option anymore! It only shows "inspect" for everything (including bandages, ammo, etc.) and that's it. This has forced me to log out several times - once because I couldn't bandage myself while bleeding heavily!

I also get that weird "it's getting dark far too quickly but apparently not for everyone" bug which is really annoying because I have to wait the full 600 sec. several times after switching servers until I finally find one where it doesn't happen. At first I thought it was a problem with the server settings but then I've read it's actually on the client's side...

But I like the changes all things considered. Mouse movement is much better now - quick and direct when just looking around, heavy and slow while aiming. The binoculars are a great addition for scouting, even though I'll never understand why someone thought it would be a good idea to match the POV with the actual polygon model (which is why you're looking at the ground when you try to use them while crouching) - why not simply zoom in with the overlay? Oh well, maybe in the next patch...

Anyone else have issues with drinking/eating now? I'm not sure how to replicate it reliably, but sometimes, when I click on drink/eat/eat all, nothing happens and the game acts like it just didn't recognized the input. But then it doesn't even give me the option anymore! It only shows "inspect" for everything (including bandages, ammo, etc.) and that's it. This has forced me to log out several times - once because I couldn't bandage myself while bleeding heavily!

I also get that weird "it's getting dark far too quickly but apparently not for everyone" bug which is really annoying because I have to wait the full 600 sec. several times after switching servers until I finally find one where it doesn't happen. At first I thought it was a problem with the server settings but then I've read it's actually on the client's side...

But I like the changes all things considered. Mouse movement is much better now - quick and direct when just looking around, heavy and slow while aiming. ... (snip)

Eating/Drinking - had that a few times, the char was "blocked" as doing something for some time, on the left side there was some item or other "error" displayed. That was a few weeks ago on experimental, so it might be in now. From the responsiveness of the complete game I had the impression it has to do with desync. Guaranteed messaging or not, there is still some trouble in paradise there. But usually I had only the "Receiving" option in desync cases, not the inspect (I think).

Darkness - Is there really a new bug or are you talking about people using the gamma "option" to be able to somewhat see in the dark? More info about the right brightness / gamma / HDR settings are here - I don't consider it unfair to use, after playing some night, I think really everyone does it or does a quick escape to daylight: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158703-night-time-gamma-fixed-in-some-servers/ - in short, put gamma and brightness up, HDR NOT on "very low" but "low".

Then there was also someone who said that turning off the clouds will help as they filter out light from the moon...haven't tried that yet. The speed of it getting dark might vary, can anyone say, how fast the time is currently running on stable and if admins can change that yet? Be careful at night though, using lights has only brought bullets flying in my direction to this date, I have not met a single friendly guy during night, even on experimental. And I always had the feeling that friendly encounters are more likely there.

EDIT: Ok, it went dark quite fast just now.

As always there are also those complaining about it now being a twitch shooter. Can't see that with the weapon lagging. I always thought messing around with mouse input to simulate the weight of a gun only simulates a defunct brain - mouse = sending messages on how far to turn. Even if it takes longer (weapon lagging) to aim exactly there, in real life you will turn as far as you want, you don't have to put conscious thought into turning farther when holding something heavy. Stopping midway is clearly a neurological problem, not a simulated heavy backpack. Personally I could almost light a candle every day for Saint New Mouse Input.

Edited by bautschi

have you guys noticed when you deal a killing blow at a zombie while he is trying to hug you?( they are so friendly)

they fall of with inertia, has the physics engine been already introduced on them??

it looks awesome!!

(...) Is there really a new bug or are you talking about people using the gamma "option" to be able to somewhat see in the dark? (...)

I'm talking about the day/night circle. Like when I join a server at midday (server time) and it's getting dark within 10min. - I thought it affects everyone (on the server) but apparently it's still day for everyone but me. I can actually see the stars moving on the horizon, that's how fast it is!

(...) the char was "blocked" as doing something for some time, on the left side there was some item or other "error" displayed. That was a few weeks ago on experimental, so it might be in now. From the responsiveness of the complete game I had the impression it has to do with desync. (...)

Well, I still could do everything else - picking up stuff normaly, shooting my gun, chopping zeds, getting hit and start bleeding. Desync usually doesn't allow that.

Edited by DCpAradoX

I'm talking about the day/night circle. Like when I join a server at midday (server time) and it's getting dark within 10min. - I thought it affects everyone (on the server) but apparently it's still day for everyone but me. I can actually see the stars moving on the horizon, that's how fast it is!

Well, I still could do everything else - picking up stuff normaly, shooting my gun, chopping zeds, getting hit and start bleeding. Desync usually doesn't allow that.

Ok, same here, it was realllly bright, midday, I flew of the server, reconnected and it got dark pretty fast. Can't tell what it was for the others though. Definitely faster than during the experimental tests with accellerated time.

To your second point, true. But I could not eat until some time went by. It was some error with eating as such, if that is not shown on the lower left side bottom messages, we have different trouble.

EDIT: had that problem in experimental just before the stable update, not now.

It would be really useful to know what / if / how much is now done through guaranteed messaging. I was just on a server with 40 ppl and it was soooo laggy. Took multiple times to equip a weapon, because it was always waiting some time and then it would be equipped and again unequipped. Once it probably took 10 tries to take out my FNX. It's really stupid if you want to switch between pistol and mosin when entering/exiting buildings in a military area. Kept standing around like an idiot in the open for about 30 seconds at a time. Other inventory stuff worked without any lag at all, so I can only guess that maybe some things are handled by guaranteed messaging, others not. I don't think anyone here knowsmore. But I always had the regular inventory right klick options, so...not the same problem exactly. Nevertheless the performance I had just now was abysmal. At the end I could not even crouch or lay down any more. I just ran for it and logged out. Never had such problems on full high pop experimental servers a week ago. Never had so bad responsiveness before period.

Edited by bautschi

just had a weird bug. my melee weapon disappeared in the middle of a sprint out of my hands and is not even in my inventory anymore. as if i had dropped it somehow, which i didn't, because i was just holding W the whole time.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=10931

Edited by joe_mcentire

Is it just me that finds the zeds not that difficult even with the current glitch in melee power against them? More time consuming, sure, but once you know the arc of your weapon, and where to aim to get a head hit to knock them down, you can have them dead in 3-4 blows at most with most weapons.

Yea, I had that in experimental with taking drinks, and then had it when trying to apply a bandage on stable during the weekend when I didn't do my manual workaround.

I've only ever had it when I was already holding something, usually a weapon, and directly tried to drink/eat/bandage with it still in my hands. On experimental I found that if I put away whatever was in my hands first, then go to eat/drink, then it would be fine. I used to always have issues where I'd select to eat something once, nothing would happen so I'd select it again, and I'd get a message saying 'you're already using something' and then have to select to eat a third time before I could use the item.

I guess the update removed that whole 'you are already using something' message and now you seem stuck with being unable to use ANYTHING until you relog. It's a pain, but I guess manually putting things away is better for now than having to log out just to be able to stop bleeding.

Just died. Killer by player using by pbo hack.

But, at least I found a rotten zucchini....  >:(

Really, DEVS, stop wasting time on new content, and start fixing the game.

• Like 2

(...) I had that in experimental with taking drinks, and then had it when trying to apply a bandage on stable during the weekend when I didn't do my manual workaround. I've only ever had it when I was already holding something, usually a weapon, and directly tried to drink/eat/bandage with it still in my hands. (...)

Ohhhhh, that might be it! I found that eating/drinking stuff w/o picking it up first works much quicker and more reliable now and I do it far more often since the patch came out. Thanks for the tip! I'll empty my hands before eating from now on and see if it happens again.

Edited by DCpAradoX

...but the game isn't completed yet. Things are going to be broken. Deal with it.

• Like 1

...but the game isn't completed yet. Things are going to be broken. Deal with it.

oh, boy, that s a relief... :))) a new world out there, bambis, a new world. battleye is impotent like a 90 years old eunuch. meanwhile, bohemia is releasing the new summer 2014 hat collection =)))) priceless. 

• Like 1

oh, boy, that s a relief... :))) a new world out there, bambis, a new world. battleye is impotent like a 90 years old eunuch. meanwhile, bohemia is releasing the new summer 2014 hat collection =)))) priceless.

Yeah lets just ignore the new guaranteed server messaging, sdk physics and loot respawn testing thats been implemented in the last week eh?

• Like 1

Ohhhhh, that might be it! I found that eating/drinking stuff w/o picking it up first works much quicker and more reliable now and I do it far more often since the patch came out. Thanks for the tip! I'll empty my hands before eating from now on and see if it happens again.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=10978

CHANGELOG:

• Items: Dexterity of shotguns, pistols and rifles configured
  • Server: New guaranteed messaging system for network traffic

Actions: You can no longer empty magazines or ammunition boxes laying on the ground (and loose ammo)

• Actions: moved quantity manipulation and item removal directly into action on self
  • Actions: added config entries to actions for single use food and drinks
  • Animations: Iron sights now use all 3 parameters for min, max and init zoom. Values of these params tweaked.
  • Gear: Resolved chambering issue with 22 related to stack quantity

Can anyone please explain what this all means? (& why they implemented that you can no longer empty mags & ammo boxes on the ground?)

Sorry if this was said somewhere before, but I really don't feel like scrolling through 25 pages of posts right now  :|

Edited by Snowball

CHANGELOG:

• Items: Dexterity of shotguns, pistols and rifles configured
  • Server: New guaranteed messaging system for network traffic

Actions: You can no longer empty magazines or ammunition boxes laying on the ground (and loose ammo)

• Actions: moved quantity manipulation and item removal directly into action on self
  • Actions: added config entries to actions for single use food and drinks
  • Animations: Iron sights now use all 3 parameters for min, max and init zoom. Values of these params tweaked.
  • Gear: Resolved chambering issue with 22 related to stack quantity

Can anyone please explain what this all means? (& why they implemented that you can no longer empty mags & ammo boxes on the ground?)

Sorry if this was said somewhere before, but I really don't feel like scrolling through 25 pages of posts right now  :|

I think it's meant to say that the ammo will no longer disappear when you empty a ammo box or magazine.

• Like 1

yeah it used to be when you find an ammo box (as in a box of 9mm rounds for example) if you scrolled and hit empty, it would just disappear

• Like 1

just had a weird bug. my melee weapon disappeared in the middle of a sprint out of my hands and is not even in my inventory anymore. as if i had dropped it somehow, which i didn't, because i was just holding W the whole time.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=10931

I've had this happen to me with my machete multiple times. I look down at my hotbar and its just gone

THE BOW IS NOT WORKING :'''''(

This is a known issue: https://twitter.com/DragonBlade117/status/460826260877635584 Bows will maybe be working in the next exp/stable build.. ?

Just died. Killer by player using by pbo hack.

But, at least I found a rotten zucchini....  > :(

You do realize there are different "teams" within the said Dev team itself working on different aspects of the game, right?  While those devs are wasting time on new content, as you nicely put it, there are others who are working on other areas of the game.. i.e., bug fixing, art, etc.  In the meantime, relax.  Enjoy the game and stop worrying about people using their silly hacks.  IMO, I really don't give a flying @#$% if I get killed by a hacker.  The way I see it, if you need to use a hack to kill me, lol.. then you must really suck at playing DayZ without using the hack.  

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1

Congratulations on your first alpha. 

You do realize there are different "teams" within the said Dev team itself working on different aspects of the game, right? 

I'm working in the software dev industy, and yes, i do know a thing or two about how a project is done.

But let's get the facts:

1. On the feedback, this issue is marked as fixed. ( poor testing on their side )

2. On the forum a lot of players are complaining about this problem.

3. It is a game breaking problem, because it allows you to remove buildings, trees, and gain a huge advantage.

4. It should be really easy to fix. When you load the pbo, just check it is the right one, and not corrupted.

I'm not against adding new content to the game, but if it was a matter of choice, i would say: let's fix the old serious problems, and then add new stuff. And who is to say that the new stuff will not bring even more bugs?

I'm working in the software dev industy, and yes, i do know a thing or two about how a project is done.

But let's get the facts:

1. On the feedback, this issue is marked as fixed. ( poor testing on their side )

2. On the forum a lot of players are complaining about this problem.

3. It is a game breaking problem, because it allows you to remove buildings, trees, and gain a huge advantage.

4. It should be really easy to fix. When you load the pbo, just check it is the right one, and not corrupted.

I'm not against adding new content to the game, but if it was a matter of choice, i would say: let's fix the old serious problems, and then add new stuff. And who is to say that the new stuff will not bring even more bugs?

What are the artists, map makers, animators, designers, researchers, modellers gonna do while the programmers work on these bugs?

What are the artists, map makers, animators, designers, researchers, modellers gonna do while the programmers work on these bugs?

Do their job better.

Like fixing the magazine for the 1911.

I am not able to see anything just because I am running in the direction of the sun (not actually looking to the sun, keeping my eyes on the ground). I know that this effect is great and realistic, but for me it is just too exaggerated. So, until yesterday I have played with clouds set to "very low" (HDR very low) and now I disabled clouds and it's much better. The effect is not so annoying anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 1