Sign in to follow this  
gianni001

Have people in this game gone insane?

So, I dont mind getting killed, im actually quite bad at this game as I only give it a few hours here and there due to playing way too much Arma 3 breaking point (which rocks btw), and due to it being so horribly optimized at the present time.

One thing I notice though, is every time I get killed I have some fuckwit 12 - 20 year old yelling the crudest shit, either while trying to kill me or after hes killed me. This isnt a WAAHH KOS rant, I enjoy KOS, its part of the game and its what makes it great but for fuck sakes do we need all the "naww you dirty c**t I fwaaarkin nailed you son" 

If I walked into my kids room and he was talkin shit like half the smack heads in this game I reckon id jam his head phones down his throat.

Someone show me the light, cause I want to enjoy this game, I just dont want to listen to these idiots.

• Like 22

We could encourage the developers to put a series of tests each person would need to pass in order to play the game. Tests 12 and 14 year olds can't possibly pass. I'm tired of these spoiled brats as well, they don't let you enjoy the game. All they want is an open-world Call of Duty.

Edited by Hunter4
  • Like 8

I am never at direct talk range to hear them talk the few times that I have been the guys are funny and not disrespectful they just laugh or play along.

I got killed by two 13 year old sounding Russians who seemed to only know the words "FU*K U NIG*ER" in English, since they shouted that around 20 times before my respawn.

We could really do with purging the kids from the playerbase, this really isn't a game to let your children play.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 6

Turn VOIP down when you get into a firefight? :P

P.S: You might wanna change that 'r' word into something else, the mods on this forum don't take it lightly.

Edited by Zedertone

So, I dont mind getting killed, im actually quite bad at this game as I only give it a few hours here and there due to playing way too much Arma 3 breaking point (which rocks btw), and due to it being so horribly optimized at the present time.

One thing I notice though, is every time I get killed I have some fuckwit 12 - 20 year old yelling the crudest shit, either while trying to kill me or after hes killed me. This isnt a WAAHH KOS rant, I enjoy KOS, its part of the game and its what makes it great but for fuck sakes do we need all the "naww you dirty c**t I fwaaarkin nailed you son" 

If I walked into my kids room and he was talkin shit like half the smack heads in this game I reckon id jam his head phones down his throat.

Someone show me the light, cause I want to enjoy this game, I just dont want to listen to these idiots.

Its easy.. get the hell off the coast.

• Like 6

Its easy.. get the hell off the coast.

More than 1km from the east coast is just me and the zombies and they're not exactly chatty. :(

• Like 1

More than 1km from the east coast is just me and the zombies and they're not exactly chatty. :(

Are you kidding me? I had a long conversation with a zed yesterday.. or was it a can of peaches being eaten? Maybe both.. either way, them Zeds are very chatty kathy if you get close to em. Just grunting and whining about the weather and how things seem to go so much faster now that they are infected.;)

• Like 6

I'd say just wait for things to calm down, right now a lot of people bought Dayz, the game got on the steam front page or something and even more people bought it, so in the lot there has to be some unenjoyable (i'm keeping it polite) players who will soon get bored of dayz and go on the super cool brand new revolutionary next gen FPS. Also when Survival and actual environmental dangers will be implemented it should reduce the number of players (you can't KOS the weather y'know).

• Like 1

I (luckily) haven't made the experience of kids, overexaggeratedly yelling crap at me. But I consider it a problem too that kids sounding like 12 or so, play this game. Not because they are playing it, but because they don't know how to play it. Now and then I've been in the same TS channel as some kids and my over all conclusion is that they consider DayZ as just another shooter.

They play this game as if it was a light version of CoD. Some of them didn't even care about scavanging as soon as they find their first weapon. Seriously? Why waste your time searching for a weapon just to kill players? Playing Arma MP or shooters makes it way easier and does not annoy players like me who want to actually enjoy the whole array of DayZ.

• Like 1

This part made me laugh, because I am the same way, my kids know I won't tolerate that shit.

But in the end...

You encounter idiots in life and in games, DayZ provides us with baseball bats to beat their heads in with at least.

• Like 3

They play this game as if it was a light version of CoD. Some of them didn't even care about scavanging as soon as they find their first weapon. Seriously? Why waste your time searching for a weapon just to kill players? Playing Arma MP or shooters makes it way easier and does not annoy players like me who want to actually enjoy the whole array of DayZ.

That's the entire playerbase at the moment, can run around coastal towns and see armed newspawns and unlooted food in every building, with all the weapons spawns picked clean.

Why bother getting food when you're just going to die and respawn anyway? ;)

Meh, I ignore them. If someone is genuinely friendly and non-aggressive, I'll leave em be. But when they're screaming every profanity they've learn from their schoolmates at me whilst wildly swinging their fists, I go out of my way to murder them.

My and two friends once tied a pair of quite nasty kids up against a gas station feed. We wasted a lot of ammo, but the end result was quite satisfying.

I suggest you handle them the same.

I (luckily) haven't made the experience of kids, overexaggeratedly yelling crap at me. But I consider it a problem too that kids sounding like 12 or so, play this game. Not because they are playing it, but because they don't know how to play it. Now and then I've been in the same TS channel as some kids and my over all conclusion is that they consider DayZ as just another shooter.

I enjoy your stance and opinion, but having played DayZ for so long I have a viewpoint I'd like to share.

DayZ is just another shooter. But its vast unlike most shooters out there. Its essentially Arma Wasteland with Zombies. This is not a survival sim like many perceive it to be. It tries to achieve that, but this is why Dean states the game is fundamentally flawed.. its a shooter from the ground up. Not a survival sim. Even the SA fails to differentiate itself from the Arma series. You can fill up with food or ignore it for up to 2 hours with little consequence. In that time you can be fully geared and in several firefights on a full server these days. There is no real threat from Zombies when you consider you can just run away from them. They stop following eventually no matter how slow you travel, if you never stop that is. The survival elements are so thin and unfleshed out its hard to even call it that. But the PvP elements are thoroughly fleshed out and have been since day 1. If its a survival game, why be missing almost every element of survival on launch and to this day? No hunting, cooking, persistent containers, farming, and very limited crafting. People forget that this game is Arma with Zombies. That is the premise. It stemmed from a mission that tasked that player to collect loot while staying alive from the NPC threats. Dean added in Zombies, and later other modders and BIS/Dean added in so much more. DayZ is and always will be a PvP oriented sandbox. Sure you can choose to survive. You can choose to just go off and read books until you starve to death too. But dont judge others for PvP, or KOS, or banditry.. their presence is what makes this game so dangerous and tense. Imagine playing single player... would you play it for very long and truly enjoy it as much as DayZ now? Now add in players that can do nothing to hurt or help you. You can only have conversations together. Imagine that option. Now think if they could only help you, not cause harm in any way. Which option sounded best to you?

#end viewpoint. Thank you for your time ;) 

• Like 7

As a wise man once said "the beauty of the internet is, anyone and everyone can get on, the bad part is, anyone and everyone can get on"  - or something similar to that 8)

• Like 1

Why bother getting food when you're just going to die and respawn anyway? ;)

Well, considering your touch of irony, this is not ment personally, but only for the record and general readers:

Questioning the purpose of scavenging and looting is very close to questioning the meaning of DayZ which would lead to the "Y R U Playin' this?" question.

I know, DayZ SA does not provide much compared to Origins or Epoch (Mod), but at many places, many persons have stated many times "DON'T BUY THIS GAME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT!!!".

It's an alpha for a reason, but most players just don't realized it, not even now. And I can't understand that ignorance which a lot of people seem to have. Or how would someone explain 1.9 million Alpha sales?

Edited by Heeeere's Johnny
  • Like 1

DayZ is just another shooter. But its vast unlike most shooters out there.

Can't agree. Mostly, because I make the distinction between "Shooter" and "Military Simulator" like Arma, DayZ is based upon.

Its essentially Arma Wasteland with Zombies. This is not a survival sim like many perceive it to be.

Partly agreed. DayZ is/was intended to be a zombie survival game. But the players made it sort of an "Arma Wasteland with Zombies", because they had too many possibilities to do so, meaning they didn't have to worry about starving and they had too much too powerful gear.

So what do you do when you find a nice sniper rifle? You want to shoot it, no matter what!

Edited by Heeeere's Johnny

tumblr_m26c0zzBWJ1rs7dsho1_500.gif

Hello there

Im going to edit the title of this thread as we dont approve of the use of the R word, even if it IS a meme/quote etc.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

Im going to edit the title of this thread as we dont approve of the use of the R word, even if it IS a meme/quote etc.

Rgds

LoK

Thanks, and sorry =)

• Like 3

IMO... all games need to start requiring people to provide true proof of age to play.

• Like 4

chill, they're just antisocial losers whose life is so bad they need to use a game to win something.

that's older in online games than walking forward, it wouldnt happen so much on the mod cause the amount of children/immature people playing would be much smaller.

they more than likely get bullied as hell on school and need to release their frustration somewhere.

Edited by lipemr

IMO... all games need to start requiring people to provide true proof of age to play.

Couldn't agree more, I get so tired of playing daycare to some lazy asshole's foul mouthed spawn. We have age ratings on games, for online games that should be enforced. I don't care if people let their kids play mature single player games, but if it's an 18 certified game you should be able to play it online without being forced to deal with loud, verbally abusive brats who want to try out all their cool new swears and express their dislike for people of colour and non-heterosexuals.

Ruins my fun far too often.

I haven't gone completely insane.  I just twitch a little.  Also my friend, Shane, tells me that there are bad people trying to take my food.