Sign in to follow this  
NinjaTurkey

Allow 2 seperate hand slots

Hey guys, so i was thinking it would be a good idea to change the current hand slot into 2 seperate slots depending on what you are carrying/holding.

For example, a rifle takes up 2 hand slots. Meaning both hands required to hold the rifle.

Or you could carry 2 pistols. (I realise this might not sit well with certain people here). Or my personal favourite is carrying a backpack by the handle in one hand and a pistol/knife or other one handed weapon in the other.

I believe by doing this, many possibilites would be available.

What do you guys think?

Only two handed thing I would wana see is a pistol and a flashlight thats it.

Akimbo pistols lol.

• Like 3

Dual wielding acceptable 1 handers would be nice or a combination of a melee and pistol. Or just allout melee in both hands. But idk it they would have to probably have to mess around with the basic melee mechanics and gun mechanics allot for that to work right. Plus melee is pretty wonky on hits right now.

Edited by Deathlove

Dual pistols omg, this is not CoD.

But I agree with you. I would like to carry a pistol with my right arm and be able to take out and use my compass/watch/canteen/handcuffs/keys/walkie-talkie and so on with my left hand. And, above everything else, my flashlight.

Edited by p4triot
  • Like 2

Dual pistols omg, this is not CoD.

But I agree with you. I would like to carry a pistol with my right arm and be able to take out and use my compass/watch/canteen/handcuffs/keys/walkie-talkie and so on with my left hand. And, above everything else, my flashlight.

It is quite realistic to an extent but i think one of the big draw backs should be longer loading time of pistols mags

• Like 4

Dual pistols would be useless, but people are bound to see action movies and do it anyways. I say why not? If someone wants to shoot at me (and miss every shot) with two pistols, more power to them. It'll be easier to kill them.

The "this isn't CoD" excuse is kind of nerve grating because I'd like to have the opportunity for maximum freedom. Just don't dual wield - let others do it and kill them when they can't connect a single shot and have to reload very slowly. Think of it as a conduit for Darwinism.

• Like 1

Dual pistols would be useless, but people are bound to see action movies and do it anyways. I say why not? If someone wants to shoot at me (and miss every shot) with two pistols, more power to them. It'll be easier to kill them.

The "this isn't CoD" excuse is kind of nerve grating because I'd like to have the opportunity for maximum freedom. Just don't dual wield - let others do it and kill them when they can't connect a single shot and have to reload very slowly. Think of it as a conduit for Darwinism.

Longer load time and yes i think greater pistol inaccuracy should be a big negative for using two instead of one. Like it should be in game but there should be just as many cons as there are pros.

But i don't think being able to fight like this should be completely rendered useless though ether. It should be really good for close quarters combat and getting out of tight spaces quickly.

• Like 1

It is quite realistic to an extent but i think one of the big draw backs should be longer loading time of pistols mags

Or not being able to reload at all. It isnt like I will go with watching at my compass all the time. Back in the mod, or also in Arma games, you could press 'O' and watch appeared on your screen or a compass if 'K' was pressed. In DayZ they intend to make it realistic without any HUD at all, but it could be done same way: pressing 'K' shows the compass with left arm, and you can't reload while holding it (plus lose of accuracy).

Edited by p4triot
  • Like 1

Or not being able to reload at all. It isnt like I will go with watching at my compass all the time. Back in the mod, or also in Arma games, you could press 'O' and watch appeared on your screen or a compass if 'K' was pressed. In DayZ they intend to make it realistic without any HUD at all, but it could by done same way: pressing 'K' shows the compass with left arm, and you can't reload while holding it (plus lose of accuracy).

Yeah that would work to. To be honest i have WAY to many pistols in my pack not to want to do this every once in awhile lol.

Edited by Deathlove

I like the idea of dual wielding a weapon and an instrument/utility. It would be very nice to run with a pistol and check the compass. This would allow you to stop and check your surroundings, while allowing you an opportunity to fire back at someone.

The cons should be prevalant with the obvious factor of dramatic reduction in accuaracy and also the well-thought-out idea of no reloading capabilities. You could potentially kill off someone approaching with a shotgun or at least cause a wound to him.

I'm not sure about dual wielding pistols. Even if we did implement the idea in a balanced manner, I feel it's more silly than any true improvement. In real life you would most definitely feel more comfortable with one pistol in your hand. As soon as you attempted to dual wield, the realization of how innaccuracte you are would befall you.

I like the idea of dual wielding a weapon and an instrument/utility. It would be very nice to run with a pistol and check the compass. This would allow you to stop and check your surroundings, while allowing you an opportunity to fire back at someone.

The cons should be prevalant with the obvious factor of dramatic reduction in accuaracy and also the well-thought-out idea of no reloading capabilities. You could potentially kill off someone approaching with a shotgun or at least cause a wound to him.

I'm not sure about dual wielding pistols. Even if we did implement the idea in a balanced manner, I feel it's more silly than any true improvement. In real life you would most definitely feel more comfortable with one pistol in your hand. As soon as you attempted to dual wield, the realization of how innaccuracte you are would befall you.

This would really only be useful in pvp situations in house fights and stuff like that. Against zombies you'd want to conserve ammo so single pistols or rifle work better for that kind of stuff.

Longer load time and yes i think greater pistol inaccuracy should be a big negative for using two instead of one. Like it should be in game but there should be just as many cons as there are pros.

But i don't think being able to fight like this should be completely rendered useless though ether. It should be really good for close quarters combat and getting out of tight spaces quickly.

In CQB accuracy wouldn't matter too much and I guess the maneuverability and rapid-fire ability of two pistols would be nice - however, it's common sense that it wouldn't be useful yet people will still do it. I don't see why not.

If they added the ability to have two hand slots I think it'd be a given that dual wielding pistols/one-handed weapons would be a given. Sure, it's ineffective at all but point-blank range, but it is badass.

I'm not saying they need to do two hand slots now, but if they did I'd prefer dual-wielding just to add to the realism.

Games had dual wielding long before CoD. (original counter-strike, 1998)

I think dual wielding pistols is acceptable. Except of course you would lose tons of accuracy. Your shots would be all over the place.

In CQB accuracy wouldn't matter too much and I guess the maneuverability and rapid-fire ability of two pistols would be nice - however, it's common sense that it wouldn't be useful yet people will still do it. I don't see why not.

If your fighting for your life in real life your probably going to be to scared to think about it logically. I think in a real situation your going to use whatever means to live.

YES, SO WE CAN AKIMBO PEOPLE TO PUT IT IN THE FRAG MONTAGE VIDEOS, YAY.

-nope.

Hey guys, so i was thinking it would be a good idea to change the current hand slot into 2 seperate slots depending on what you are carrying/holding.

I believe by doing this, many possibilites would be available.

What do you guys think?

Ive had to use 2 hands also since I was about 14.. 

wait.  :| ...nevermind

YES, SO WE CAN AKIMBO PEOPLE TO PUT IT IN THE FRAG MONTAGE VIDEOS, YAY.

-nope.

My main reason for a yes is precisely to watch people make frag montages and fail miserably.

And while we're at it: 

Cxv6eeh.jpg

• Like 1

I'm sorry but if a guy runs up to you and barrel stuffs you with two pistols, you die.  I honestly wouldn't mind dual wielding pistols as long as they don't let u aim both pistols at the same time (however that would work) and make it about as inaccurate as the cone on the sawn-off shotgun maybe even less.  Two hand slots is a great idea.

Yeah yeah yeah "akimbo" pistols, 1337proskillzfragmontages and all that shit, but I want a MINIGUN!

No good news for me huh?

Well duel wielding pistols was just an example. If this did happen it would have to have reduced accuracy and you wouldnt be able to reload unless you put one down.

But surely holding a one handed weapon and like others have said, a compass would work?

Lol could you imagine trying to dual wield one of these pistols? XD

Yeah that would work to. To be honest i have WAY to many pistols in my pack not to want to do this every once in awhile lol.

OMG THEY DID IT ON MYTHBUSTERS ON A RANGE A TWO METERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 TOTALLY BELIEVE I CAN RUN AROUND DOING JOHN WOO STYLE ROLLS IN MAX PAYNE BULLET TIME IRL THEREFORE IT SHOULD BE IN DAYZ