This is my Dayz suicide note as of now. It was fun while it lasted but I am tired of shooting people 7 times with blood pouring out of their chest and they shoot me once and i die. This game is in serious need of a revamp and I choose to not further my testing. I may pick the game back up upon full release but I expect to put it back down immediately. I sincerely hope these hit registry issues will be addressed before my return so I may enjoy the game as I did before the updates that ruined my gameplay. 

Good luck to Bohemia and thank you to all you testers, I will be getting my eagle back in GO. 

• Like 5

Hmm weird, if you really hit somebody SEVEN times with anything more powerfull then .22LR, then they would be dead.

Might be that the server was desyncing / lagging a lot ofcourse.

Arma engines generally takes a second to register hits. If you hit him quickly 7x and he managed to score a headshot on you right after receiving first hit, then you both would die I think.

Happens mostly in extreme close quarters.

Also seeing you came from Counter-Strike, it might be tad harder for you to adjust.

Arma games are vastly different from twitch shooters and shine in different situations.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

Arma engines generally takes a second to register hits...

^ This.

When you hit someone move to cover and wait for it, they will fall.

Also you might notice if you fall from ~1m height, character just pauses there for a second, like it needs that much time to calculate if player should take damage or not.

^ This.

Also you might notice if you fall from ~1m height, character just pauses there for a second, like it needs that much time to calculate if player should take damage or not.

And sometimes you jump from a silo and you live. The game thinks for a second and says "Nea'... I'm a mercifull game, you may live this time." Heh.

• Like 3

Hmm weird, if you really hit somebody SEVEN times with anything more powerfull then .22LR, then they would be dead.

Might be that the server was desyncing / lagging a lot ofcourse.

Arma engines generally takes a second to register hits. If you hit him quickly 7x and he managed to score a headshot on you right after receiving first hit, then you both would die I think.

Happens mostly in extreme close quarters.

Also seeing you came from Counter-Strike, it might be tad harder for you to adjust.

Arma games are vastly different from twitch shooters and shine in different situations.

One of the most frustrating issue with the engine. I hope that in time they will be able to do something about it.

• Like 1

I will be getting my eagle back in GO. 

I LOL'd pretty hard at that part.. thanks man.

See you when the next big patch comes out. ;)

You consider CS a twitch shooter? In my 20+ years of gaming, I've always considered CS an "arcadey tactical shooter", where as Doom/Quake/Unreal were "twitch shooters"..

bad game is bad. 

If wanted to play a KOS game I wouldnt do it on one that takes 15 minutes to get gear on. Also what you said plus the extraordinarily bad game mechanics is why I stopped playing. Desync and game engine is derp. 

• Like 3

bad game is bad. 

If wanted to play a KOS game I wouldnt do it on one that takes 15 minutes to get gear on. Also what you said plus the extraordinarily bad game mechanics is why I stopped playing. Desync and game engine is derp. 

Then why are you still here posting?

I don't get some people... when I stop playing a game, I also stop posting on the forums.

• Like 1

bad game is bad. 

Hello there

Unfinished game is unfinished.

I recommend you wait until we go "gold" before playing again.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I don't blame OP. Almost all of my deaths are instant. I don't even get to hear the sound of a rifle firing. Just *thump* "You are Dead". With literally no warning. Yet, whenever I'm in a firefight with someone, they take quite a few shots. By the time I'm done, they have at least 4 - 5 blood spurts. It gets really frustrating. I love dying in a firefight after having a good go at it. But I despise getting OHKO'd by someone 800m away who has no intention to loot my body.

• Like 1

if your dying, its because you arent being careful enough, thats all there is to it.

if people want to stop testing, thats up to them, but everyone bought an alpha testing game, so what did they expect to be playing

• Like 1

Then why are you still here posting?

I don't get some people... when I stop playing a game, I also stop posting on the forums.

Sorry to say it but not everyone is you. I get on the forums when I want to see whats going on. It is rare but I still stay in touch with the game to see if it has progressed more OR at least to a point I feel it should be tried again. 

My original post was my opinion and one that many share. Many think its not enough yet even for alpha and are choosing to wait. People can stop QQ that others don't like the same stuff as them.

edit: Yea most games are not in production still. If the game was complete I would not be on the forums. The fact that it is still being put together means I am here every once and a while to see how it is going. Maybe stop being so pushing with what people can and can not do.  

Hello there

Unfinished game is unfinished.

I recommend you wait until we go "gold" before playing again.

Rgds

LoK

Exactly. People fan boy attack those who don't play then say exactly what you say... I am not playing it anymore and stay on the forums to do exactly as you said... wait until it is worth playing IMO again. If that is not your opinion then why try and be smart about it.

I swear to god.. people get so snotty at others who try the game then leave. Ever thought that maybe JUST maybe because its alpha some people will leave and then stay up to date with things just until a point in which they feel it is good enough to come back to?...

Edited by Mopa
  • Like 2

sounds like you are being headshot to me. :P

I just lost 4 hours of gear with my friend because we got KOS'd at the NEAF by some guys inside that glitch room.

We lost everything.

But I don't care because we had fun.

I also laughed my ass off, though...

You consider CS a twitch shooter? In my 20+ years of gaming, I've always considered CS an "arcadey tactical shooter", where as Doom/Quake/Unreal were "twitch shooters"..

CS is most definitely twitch. (;

As far as shots not registering, it's quite a piss off when you pop a handful of 5.56 rounds into someone to have them turn around, blast you with a shotgun, fall over dead, and then you yourself fall over unconscious. I live on a 22 acre property in northern Canada and I bet my neighbours were able to hear my rage 8 kilometres away.

• Like 2

Sorry to say it but not everyone is you. I get on the forums when I want to see whats going on. It is rare but I still stay in touch with the game to see if it has progressed more OR at least to a point I feel it should be tried again. 

My original post was my opinion and one that many share. Many think its not enough yet even for alpha and are choosing to wait. People can stop QQ that others don't like the same stuff as them.

edit: Yea most games are not in production still. If the game was complete I would not be on the forums. The fact that it is still being put together means I am here every once and a while to see how it is going. Maybe stop being so pushing with what people can and can not do.  

Exactly. People fan boy attack those who don't play then say exactly what you say... I am not playing it anymore and stay on the forums to do exactly as you said... wait until it is worth playing IMO again. If that is not your opinion then why try and be smart about it.

I swear to god.. people get so snotty at others who try the game then leave. Ever thought that maybe JUST maybe because its alpha some people will leave and then stay up to date with things just until a point in which they feel it is good enough to come back to?...

Hello there

My post was a response to YOUR "bad game is bad" post. 

I would advise most people NOT to play if they are unhappy playing a buggy test bedrock phase.

But making a daft statement like that IS going to get people's backs up, so you must expect some comment back.

If you didnt post silly things like that then you might find more people actually agree with you.

Rgds

LoK

Don't feel bad OP, happens to us all.  Yesterday I logged out fully geared, and when I came back a few hours later, while it was loading and my screen was frozen, it just turned into "YOU ARE DEAD".

^ This.

If this isn't fixed before beta I'm going to cry. No more excuses guys. 

• Like 1

bad game is bad. 

As per your usual comments, zero substance.

OP, I've had the same thing happen, pain in the ass. Usually it only happens in very close quarters or on high pop servers while in Electro. It will improve with time.

I like how anytime someone speaks bad against DayZ, everyone gets a pact mentality and treats the offender as if they just committed sacrilege.

DayZ is a bad game. It's in alpha, yes I know. But Alpha is no excuse for a horrid game with updates few and far between.

Rust is alpha and all of the shit problems are being worked out. Just a month or so ago, simple things like animation looked awful. Now? They have vastly improved. Yet in DayZ we're still glitching through walls to kill eatchother.

I like DayZ and play it every now and again (Recently had a kick with it but have came off of it) And I like it. The concept is fantastic. But that's all that is good. The game is a borderline abomination. If it wasn't so well received by the community for it's concept, it'd have been left in the dust like WarZ was. (And H1Z1 will be, mark my words)

I mean, Rocket is talking about horses and bows and hunting, all while I can get all the food I'll ever need without leaving spawn.

We still have wall glitchers and the occasional hacker. We still have horrid dsync and shitty animations.

Don't get me wrong. I like DayZ. But it isn't perfect. Far from it. Alpha is no excuse. And if you ever want this game to be balanced, then stop shutting down "QQ" threads and publicly stoning people who are bitching. Without people whining, how would the Devs know what to fix? They already have their money. If we stop complaining, they'd probably push for Beta and release before Summer is over.

• Like 1

I like how anytime someone speaks bad against DayZ, everyone gets a pact mentality and treats the offender as if they just committed sacrilege.

DayZ is a bad game. It's in alpha, yes I know. But Alpha is no excuse for a horrid game with updates few and far between.

Rust is alpha and all of the shit problems are being worked out. Just a month or so ago, simple things like animation looked awful. Now? They have vastly improved. Yet in DayZ we're still glitching through walls to kill eatchother.

I like DayZ and play it every now and again (Recently had a kick with it but have came off of it) And I like it. The concept is fantastic. But that's all that is good. The game is a borderline abomination. If it wasn't so well received by the community for it's concept, it'd have been left in the dust like WarZ was. (And H1Z1 will be, mark my words)

I mean, Rocket is talking about horses and bows and hunting, all while I can get all the food I'll ever need without leaving spawn.

We still have wall glitchers and the occasional hacker. We still have horrid dsync and shitty animations.

Don't get me wrong. I like DayZ. But it isn't perfect. Far from it. Alpha is no excuse. And if you ever want this game to be balanced, then stop shutting down "QQ" threads and publicly stoning people who are bitching. Without people whining, how would the Devs know what to fix? They already have their money. If we stop complaining, they'd probably push for Beta and release before Summer is over.

Did anyone ever say DayZ was perfect?

No.

I have my own complaints.... here are a few:

-Constant global noises

-Shitty dispersion on weapons

-Glitchy desync player/zombie movement

Yeah, all of those are legit complaints. But "bad game is bad" is not a constructive post. If you have some bugs to report, report the bugs.. If you have a legit complaint about the game and the direction development is taking, go ahead and mount your argument in a way which comes across as CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

"Bad game is bad" just makes you look like a massive twat. If Rust is so fantastic, go over to the Rust forums and tell them how horrible DayZ is and how Rust is so fantastic. I'm sure they'll give a shit...

..oh wait.. they won't. Just like we don't, here.

Did anyone ever say DayZ was perfect?

No.

I have my own complaints.... here are a few:

-Constant global noises

-Shitty dispersion on weapons

-Glitchy desync player/zombie movement

Yeah, all of those are legit complaints. But "bad game is bad" is not a constructive post. If you have some bugs to report, report the bugs.. If you have a legit complaint about the game and the direction development is taking, go ahead and mount your argument in a way which comes across as CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

"Bad game is bad" just makes you look like a massive twat. If Rust is so fantastic, go over to the Rust forums and tell them how horrible DayZ is and how Rust is so fantastic. I'm sure they'll give a shit...

..oh wait.. they won't. Just like we don't, here.

He didn't write a thesis on why he doesn't enjoy the game. That makes his argument invalid?

"desync and game engine is derp"

"-Glitchy desync player/zombie movement"

Both of you dislike the same shit yet because he made a negative comment at the beginning of his post, he's being a massive twat.

And I used Rust as an example. I knew as soon as I used a different game as comparison, some chode would reply with "if its so gr8 den go pl4y it"

"If Rust is so fantastic, go over to the Rust forums and tell them how horrible DayZ is and how Rust is so fantastic. I'm sure they'll give a shit...

..oh wait.. they won't. Just like we don't, here."

Yeah, you're a whole lot better than the guy who said "bad game is bad."

Edited by BiGoDeViN
  • Like 1

Yeah, you're a whole lot better than the guy who said "bad game is bad."

Thanks. Glad we agree. Now off to the Rust forums with you...

...Maybe you can figure out how to properly edit your post over there. Looks like your keyboard threw up.

Edited by Etherimp