srgntpepper

New Experimental?

This is incorrect in my experience. With HRD on Low the exploit works just fine with no moon, as it did when I was testing a few hours ago. When the moon came out it worked even better. (I thought it was turning to day but it was just the moon) This was all done with clouds on max.

I'll try to post some pics today if I have time.

No go here on Exp, its pitch black unless moon is there.

Night is still unplayable for me, the lighting is horrible, i finally found a head torch and thought yes im sorted but it doesn't really sync with your head, and with Mosin drawn the torch faces down so i cant see! it is completely pointless!!!

Night is still unplayable for me, the lighting is horrible, i finally found a head torch and thought yes im sorted but it doesn't really sync with your head, and with Mosin drawn the torch faces down so i cant see! it is completely pointless!!!

did u try freelooking?

Our characters are squeamish and don't want to witness a shooting, so when you point your gun at someone, they look away.

Anyone else noticing zombies are much more resistant to melee damage from fire axes now?

It's a balancing issue, designer got a bit carried away, will be addressed.

• Like 5

In my experience, gamma/brightness exploiting only works with HDR on "Low" instead of "Very Low".

That might explain it, I had mine on very low!

So having played 30 mins on experimental i found the mouse felt no different. How is everyone else finding the mouse?

Something is wrong there, the mouse is totally different on experimental now. A lot less influenced by your character/items.

Yeah it works but still useless if you need to shoot someone!!

Night is such a mess until they fix stuff like that (head torch alignment) and add hotkeys for that and weapon flashlights, also stuff like flares would be nice. Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

Few hours of exp. and heres my random thoughts.

Mouse was great.

No rubberbanding at all.

Didnt notice any major desync.

Couldnt  kill single dummy with melee, Not sure yet was that good or bad thing, but those fuckers are tough atm.

Eating was slow and laggy.

Sardines and tunas looks "invisible", ( possibly no graphix at all?).

Good time, good update!

Night is such a mess until they fix stuff like that (head torch alignment) and add hotkeys for that and weapon flashlights, also stuff like flares would be nice.

Gas lamps are better than roadflares in mod imo.

They don't see fit to post them any more. It's that simple. Here is what I said in the announcements sub-forum:

This doesn't even make sense unless the game takes place in North or South America.  :huh:

total lunar eclipse will occur on April 15, 2014. It will be visible from North America, South America and Australia. Parts of Asia, Africa and Europe will see a partial eclipse.

Can confirm..saw it in Australia.

• Like 1

No go here on Exp, its pitch black unless moon is there.

I'm positive there was no moon when I did it. I have been able to replicate it 2x more but it was cloudy so I could not verify if the moon was out.

I have been able to gamma glitch EVERY night thus far as long as HDR is on Low.

In experimenting with cloud settings, I've found that they have nothing to do with the glitch. Turning clouds low/off only makes the sky brighter, everything else remains unchanged.

Edited by solodude23

Also put in some time. A dude gave me some sardines to open for him, like mentioned above, they were invisible. Sync seemed great, was once in a group of 5 and at least 3 others were in the immediate vicinity, all with no rubberbanding. The real problem was fighting a zed in total darkness, I had no light source, and I actually don't know if you can fight with a flashlight equipped...never played night before. Running away worked, I was just able to make out railroad tracks and follow them. Don't really know where night gaming will go, but there is definitely a possibility for some scary gameplay. Seeing practically nothing at all though was not nice.

I really liked how I was able to meet like 10 people total and no one was aggressive, everyone just testing the new features. Tried to throw stuff at each other, items fly way to slowly, or maybe dayz is on the moon ;). Nevertheless throwing is great and offers many new possibilities.

Running on different floors is really changed, but the character certainly has some lung problems (played female), puffing like a train there... . All in all, some great changes.

Oh, I had to turn down mouse sensibility :).

Edited by bautschi

total lunar eclipse will occur on April 15, 2014. It will be visible from North America, South America and Australia. Parts of Asia, Africa and Europe will see a partial eclipse.

Can confirm..saw it in Australia.

Tiny parts of Not-America™ saw it in its totality, former USSR did not see it (which is where the fictional Chernarus is located).

You really don't want to nit-pick an astronomy nerd on this. :D

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

Anyone else noticing zombies are much more resistant to melee damage from fire axes now?

It seems they nerfed all melee weapons. 4-6 hits with fire axe (although I got one zombie in one strike to the head, but it was standing still), 10-12 with splitting axe (same amount of hits or more required to kill players as well), and so on.

It's a balancing issue, designer got a bit carried away, will be addressed.

No!!!!   It's perfect!!!!!!!!!!  

I didn't notice any wild animals around for, ahem, hunting........... <_<

That's definitely not in.  That will be a whole new patch that will need to include a few things.  They'd have to add in the animals and make sure they work, they need to make sure cooking works, otherwise whats the point of hunting, and to do that they need to make sure fireplaces are working, which would also come with catching other things on fire I believe.  I'm sure after they tweak the current mouse controls and messaging system, and get the physics engine to be able to have things launch smoothly in the air, they'll add in that new content.

Hopefully it's soon, the second half of the month will come by pretty fast, especially with people on holiday for easter and spring break, they're gonna have to work hard if they want to make their date.

Edited by srgnt.pepper
  • Like 1

Tiny parts of Not-America™ saw it in its totality, former USSR did not see it (which is where the fictional Chernarus is located).

You really don't want to nit-pick an astronomy nerd on this. :D

I was just pointing out the obvious that it wasn't a solely American event as he stated  ;) We had a pretty good view here ( east coast of aus) of the total eclipse :)

Wow, after playing an 80 man experimental server for quite some time tonight, I don't know how I'll ever go back to 40 man servers. I was actually traveling inland for food and gear...and running into people! No lag at all on these servers either, RELEASE IT TO STABLE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

• Like 3

I am not advocating server hopping I would very much like to not see it happening, but doesn't a 10 minutes log out timer seem rather harsh? I just downloaded DayZ experimental and jumped into a 100 man server respawning my character to find it pitch black. I wanted to explor a bit so I decided to find a light server and stubmeld into the 10 minute timer. I am confused by the design choice for this, can a developer or someone argue for it I am just confused why its this long.

Please don't hate, havn't played DayZ in two months so I havn't seen al the changes or followed every developer tweet.

Edited by LeeFriendField

WTF 10 mins are you serious?? What is the world coming too.

I'll happily wait 10 minutes any day if it stops combat loggers. 

• Like 3

Its a bug when we tried to work on the logout timer not affecting joining the same server, this will not make it to stable.

• Like 1

Just saw a bit of preview, and the tossing physics... sheesh... I'm normally pretty optimistic, but it looked like shit. Not just aesthetically, it's apparently dependent on server FPS... so it stutters in mid air.

I am really having doubts about the progress now, every time they patch the game and add something, it's one system that doesn't work quite right. I mean, fair enough, it's alpha. But, damn, I dunno how to offer a solution at this point.

Not that the game isn't better off with each patch, and not that I don't have faith that it'll look great further on down the line, but it's just making it hard to stay stoked! :(

When does it start to get easy/straightforward?

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2