srgntpepper

New Experimental?

I fully agree, I think that 80 and 100 servers are awesome.

I had a really funny experience at the unnamed town west of Svetlojarsk. We were about 10 people, and arguing about who would be the town's mayor and name it. Also had an intense situation at the N/E Airfield, I shot one out of two people, and got shot at back. Ran into one of the prisons where I stayed for about 15 minutes, the guy who was left and I were communicating through the walls, and he said if I dropped my weapons and came out I would survive. I agreed after a while, and went out but unfortunately the server crashed so it really went nowhere.

TL;DR:

Keep 80 and 100 servers for those who want

Just saw a bit of preview, and the tossing physics... sheesh... I'm normally pretty optimistic, but it looked like shit. Not just aesthetically, it's apparently dependent on server FPS... so it stutters in mid air.

I am really having doubts about the progress now, every time they patch the game and add something, it's one system that doesn't work quite right. I mean, fair enough, it's alpha. But, damn, I dunno how to offer a solution at this point.

Not that the game isn't better off with each patch, and not that I don't have faith that it'll look great further on down the line, but it's just making it hard to stay stoked! :(

When does it start to get easy/straightforward?

I'm actually surprised they got this update in already, I was expecting adding in the physics engine would be the most difficult and tedious thing for them, but it is working, which is awesome.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure since they have objects being thrown working, it will take less time for them to tweak it in a way that works well.  Maybe not, who knows, maybe tweaking it will still take a while, but this update isn't like all the rest, where they add in a few items, try to fix a few bugs etc.

I think this update opened up new doors for them, now they can focus on making the rag-doll feature work, as well as other things.  If their only problem is that items being thrown are affected by fps alone, then maybe it won't be that hard to fix. In the meantime they get to mess with features that previously required physics

• Like 2

The new free aim mechanics are awesome.

Free aim + 1:1 mouse movements rock like how heavier guns are slower to move around.

I really like the idea of the 80-100 man servers but until loot respawn is fixed they should not even consider releasing them.  Also, unless there is a crazy special for server hosting, that's going to be extremely expensive to rent.

Edited by Caboose187

Ive been tired of Dayz for a month now. Maybe its time to come back and play some experimental! ;)

Does anyone have any idea of when the EXP servers restart? If it's any help I was playing on the US-1 80 man accelerated time Regular mode server and it reset at 9pm CST. Didn't play long enough to see the next restart (played for about an hour and a half).

I've merged a couple of Topics (80/100 servers & 10 min log in timer).

Lets keep this alive please.

Now some may have noticed (or not) that Z's are a little bit tougher to take down with melee weapons.

I am led to believe this will be reviewed.

Carry on.

Just saw a bit of preview, and the tossing physics... sheesh... I'm normally pretty optimistic, but it looked like shit. Not just aesthetically, it's apparently dependent on server FPS... so it stutters in mid air.

I am really having doubts about the progress now, every time they patch the game and add something, it's one system that doesn't work quite right. I mean, fair enough, it's alpha. But, damn, I dunno how to offer a solution at this point.

Not that the game isn't better off with each patch, and not that I don't have faith that it'll look great further on down the line, but it's just making it hard to stay stoked! :(

When does it start to get easy/straightforward?

YOU HAVE MY BEANS. THATS ALSO WHAT I SAID..

The make 100 of construction-sides in the alpha - and nothing works well. They should make the things first good, until they move to annother new contend

Edited by TiMEDANCE

YOU HAVE MY BEANS. THATS ALSO WHAT I SAID..

The make 100 of construction-sides in the alpha - and nothing works well. They should make the things first good, until they move to annother new contend

That's why it's on the experimental  :rolleyes:   To test it and see how it works.  Don't go stomping your feet over bugs that are happening on that branch.  That's what it's there for.  If it comes to stable then we have an issue.

• Like 2

TL;DR:

Keep 80 and 100 servers for those who want

I also quite enjoyed the experience, although it is pure pandemonium. They should definitely be an option in the future, but not the only one, I think most people would prefer low pop servers for a bit more control of what is going on.

Spawning in the middle of the night in Svetlo, with the moving flashlight beams of countless other new spawns. I took a few punches, and all hell broke loose when I found an unlooted street and got some good gear. Luckily I managed to escape Svetlo alive, and as daylight broke I ran through Cherno, the sight of the splitting axe and rifle on my back deterred most randoms, but I had to take out one unarmed guy with my axe as he kept following me and raised his fists as he got near to me. Going to Polana and down the coast, and everywhere signs of looting, but still plenty of loot left for me to get my character to healthy status and I even found a can opener.

It seems on 100 player servers by far the majority of players never leave the spawn area still.

It seems on 100 player servers by far the majority of players never leave the spawn area still.

Of course they don't.  They then come to the forums or reddit and create post after post of how loot is too hard to find and everything should be handed to them.  Honestly I can't wait now for H1Z1 to come out, it will take s good chunk of the underlings with them.

• Like 2

i just threw a book and it took 10 punches to kill a zed and 20 from a farming hoe

Yeah, even the invincible fire are is less efficient than fists.  I was beating and beating on one that just would not go down, it was a "badly damaged" farming hoe.  Is this as intended?  That fists are better than any other melee weapon in the game right now?  Doesn't seem that should be right....

Found a engraved 1911.

Was it added this patch 2?

Dunno but first time finding it.

To bad the 1911 is not to gread of a hand gun.

I still prefer a magnum for a sidearm until suppresor's work.

Though m4 suppresor at hand rocking magnum prob still better.

http://i58.tinypic.com/10ydk7n.jpg

Edited by (DD)DutchB4k

even longer server hop penalty?

people do realise that there are other reasons to leave a server right? for example the server lagging like f*cking crazy

i would love to see a server performance tab on the server browser, not just ping and the amount of people then, please

Natural Selection 2 has something like that

Its a bug when we tried to work on the logout timer not affecting joining the same server, this will not make it to stable.

So I finally managed to find a 7 round mag for the 1911 on the experimental branch. It was a bit difficult to insert into the pistol, but I think I managed to nail it with a bit of blunt force:

2014-04-17_00001.jpg

2014-04-17_00003.jpg

• Like 5

does it shoot backwards?

Dunno, haven't tried to fire it yet. I'm afraid I will blow my own head off (also I don't have more than the 7 bullets that came with the mag).

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 1

Dunno, haven't tried to fire it yet. I'm afraid I will blow my own head off (also I don't have more than the 7 bullets that came with the mag).

wait, i thought the M1911 uses .45ACP like the FN FX?

i am finding these all day long while looking for more 9mm for my CZ75...

the best sidearm though still is the revolver i guess, until M1911 mags are more common

Edited by Zombo

wait, i thought the M1911 uses .45ACP like the FN FX?

i am finding these all day long while looking for more 9mm for my CZ75...

the best sidearm though still is the revolver i guess, until M1911 mags are more common

It does. But I haven't been finding anything but shotgun shells, 9mm ammo and .22 ammo with that character (my other experimental character has tonnes of acp ammo though, but no mag).

It does. But I haven't been finding anything but shotgun shells, 9mm ammo and .22 ammo with that character (my other experimental character has tonnes of acp ammo though, but no mag).

that damn murphy and his law...

Im sceptical on this update atm, not tried the mouse controls yet but thats a biggie for me....best still feel like a human being not superman. For those that are finding the gamma not working.....that "trick" is entirely dependant on the ingame time of month. If its in a late lunar phase there will be very little moonlight for the gamma to pick up. A full moon night would see much better results, been this way since the mod.

Could that be the solution though, make all servers have "full moon nights" that way we all have washed out greys and blacks all the time. Instead of one guy having pitch and one having very visable. Id prefer pitch black all the time but i could live with full moon nights just in the interests of fair play :)

Something i've noticed, sometimes the "eat" and "eat all" options will stop appearing and the on menus.

Only way i've been able to solve this is relogging.