crazyandlazy

Anyone getting bored of Standalone?

I really think it doesn't matter how many hours you got but how you use them.

For example: At some point, there may be some use for all the tools like pliers, hammers, stuff that no one picks up. Why not prepare a bit and treasure hunt for items that may come in handy with the next update or the one after that?

Try to stalk people without being noticed, run around without pants... just try something new, crazy or plain different.

That's what I do. It can be way more fun than just running around killing or being killed ;-)

I took a swim to Skalisty Island yesterday, just because I wanted to explore it. Try to find monuments, see if the Green Mountain really is haunted, find some Easter Eggs...

There really is a lot of stuff to do, just form it into something that is different and new.

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change :-)

I truly admire your take on the game. It would make me go absolutely crazy if I tried doing that. 

660 hours? Damn. I probably won't even have that much play time a year from now. Any one would be lucky to get that much play time from any game, let alone an unfinished one...

And no, nowhere near bored.

Edited by t1337Dude

Me too. 7dtd is so much fun right now, building my base underground, im making mines of moria.

I want dayz to be realistic, but is it too realistic ? I dont think adding cars or helicopters will solve anything, for me 7dtd is fun because of base building, and trying to find ways to hide my entrance from other players. Zombies are slower but still a threat.

i reckon dayz goes over a lot of peoples heads, not tryin to be elitist or anythin, i get that some people just wana have "fun" in a game

i think it was the same in far cry 2, when people have too much freedom they get confused or bored

I like to go on shore trips with friends from the far north to Electro/Cherno and then work our way back. We don't kill people but rather meet people along the way, take some with us and become friends. I've done that many times. Some of the people I befriended- I still play with, I met some famous dayz youtubbers, I met some insane bastard and some really funny guys.

Btw, being an Israeli I had to resist the urge of a normal ping and NOT play on the European servers but rather play on the American servers.

On the European servers its like a session of Call of Duty with tons of hackers, most dialogue i'll get will be "&*%*& you" in a strange accent. Americans from my experience tend to be nicer and give me an entirely different experience. oh, and since I do much less fighting my high ping is less noticed. 

wHENEVER i GET BOARED i PLAY mILEY cIRUS wREAKING BALL AND SPRINT NAKED WITH A CROWBAR AND HELMET THROUGH ELECTRO

Americans from my experience tend to be nicer and give me an entirely different experience. oh, and since I do much less fighting my high ping is less noticed. 

Independence-Day-united-states-of-americ

1) - Americans are a bunch of loud mouth annoying control freaks for the most part in the game. Give a yank a gun; and he'll go terrorise a bunch of bambi's/civilans; just like real life. Although they usually go over seas to go murder some women and kids.

2) - Im tired of getting to the point where you learn nothing from your death anymore. In the mod you at least got the name of the player that killed you, and most importantly range and weapon type. In standalone you don't for immersion purpose's; which I understand, but I can be a little suspicious of my legitimisy of my death sometimes; not all the time of course, just some of the time, it seems a little fishy. Like when your in the middle of a forest away from any town or city, just taking a quick rest; then the sound of a single shot hitting my character and im dead. I just sit there thinking why the hell did I even bother finding green camoflage gear, an assault vest and military helmet when only 1 long range shot can kill me instantly. I feel like I don't learn anything from those type of death's; thus I don't feel the want to play the game. 

Edited by Chiefo69
  • Like 1

I did some sightseeing on my way to the NWAF from the NEAF. I use my time to explore now, since I have a crew with me. Went to Devil's Castle to take some vacation photos today.

1) - Americans are a bunch of loud mouth annoying control freaks for the most part in the game. Give a yank a gun; and he'll go terrorise a bunch of bambi's/civilans; just like real life. Although they usually go over seas to go murder some women and kids.

Liberal, regulation-loving, educated, American firearm owner here!

Sounds like you've made some sweeping generalizations there!

On topic...

Yes, I get bored with the game. But it's fairly early on in the process, in the next few quarters, I'm sure there'll be much more stuff to do to keep us occupied.

That said, dying to re-gear a new character shouldn't be the only form of repeatable/persistent fun in DayZ.

• Like 1

100 hours in, in under a month and .. yes and no, it's alpha; I got more hours of this than tons of complete $60 pricetag games and had tons of fun on the way. It'll get better, add more content, and I'll be even more enthused, as it stands I've pretty much decided to take a month break or so, go wall running-mass murdering in Titanfall for some mindless fun and return renewed for something more complex, tactical and engaging than just a sheer adrenaline rush.

Iv been playing Origins. Thats pretty freaking awesome lol.

Could not play origins even if they payed me

http://pastebin.com/D4DRthV8

http://pastebin.com/YmnpLtfL

http://pastebin.com/LJbQcG4C

As for SA not bored yet, keep finding new people to get drunk and run the chernarus marathon with.

Ive  bought the game, so i could get it on a cheaper price instead of paying a shitload more money for a finished product. also to fund the project. But i'm not playign this game, day in and out. I just jump in the game, once a week and play it for a couple of hours. And usually make an episode out of it. This game would be boring to play every day... Atleast in this stage of the development

I am as of today in my 901st hour of game play. I still don't get bored. When I do I join a full pop server, get killed and start over :-)

pix plz

Pic coming up in a few moments here :-)

My next question would be: how?!

Followed by: why?!

How can I share the screenshot? It won't let me upload with certain extensions.

It's easy when you are a housewife and gaming fanatic B)

I will say, that yes, I idle a couple of hours a day altogether, but I start running the game at 6 a.m. and barely stop until it's bedtime around 10 p.m or so.

Edited by Demonica

How can I share the screenshot? It won't let me upload with certain extensions.

It's easy when you are a housewife and gaming fanatic B)

I will say, that yes, I idle a couple of hours a day altogether, but I start running the game at 6 a.m. and barely stop until it's bedtime around 10 p.m or so.

Meh, I believe you, I just rarely find people with more played time than me:

3Y4Eb4e.jpg

So let me ask you the same questions then: How and why? :D

I stopped playing after 50 hours. I'll come back when hunting and crossbows are in :)

Got 420hrs so far. Got a little bored at around 200 and took a break (up till then had mostly lone-wolfed it). But when I came back I quickly met a bunch of cool guys and now we've formed a clan. Playing with others is a totally different experience and completely revitalises the whole game. Now I couldn't possibly think of how i'd get bored, despite all the calls from people to "go to the mod, it's way better". But yeah, couldn't recommend groups more.