Sign in to follow this  
RoterBallon

Sneaky server update! (confirmed)

Since when is this in effect? I haven't seen anything in the tents.

Since yesterday I would assume. For some reason not all servers are updated.. try one of the Multiplay Gameservers..it worked on these for me.

Edited by buuky
  • Like 3

checked the tents on 4 different severs just right now in the NWAF, didnt find a thing in any of them...

Only the official server spawn loot !

And.. yeah first it was great, but then I realized it is back to the beginning. Get an unlooted balote/NWAF -> be fully geared in one run. zZZzZZ

Edited by RoterBallon

I wonder if this tweaked existing spawns too. I mean I had checked the NE fire station about 6+ times looking for protective cases. Each time the fire station was untouched, but no cases to be found. Yesterday I logged on real quick, checked it and found 2 cases just sitting there. Maybe I just got lucky though.

Who wants to bet there's a character wipe coming up wherein they add loot respawn and make things like: axes, M4, mosins, and weapon attachments very, very rare. To me at least that would be the way to go. Let people have their fun with all the new loot locations, collect everything to become the ultimate badass, and the BAM! Remind people this is DayZ, not COD.

I agree considering it was quite easy gearing before all the loot areas was fixed. If this jump in gear being available makes everyone decked out in gear much faster and easier than before.. That doesnt sound like the hardcore survival Dean was hoping for.. Yeah, I see a wipe coming soon as well as certain items spawns being made rare again.

Edited by cels

As of today i saw someone streaming on public servers and was looting the military tents at balota and they had loot spawned, someone had said that the loot only spawns there on servers hosted by MultiplayGameServers? can anyone confirm this is true or not? 

Not sure about that but iv been seeing ALLOT of loot in houses that have been long empty since around January. So i mean allot of houses previously vacant are getting good to decent items and food.

As of today i saw someone streaming on public servers and was looting the military tents at balota and they had loot spawned, someone had said that the loot only spawns there on servers hosted by MultiplayGameServers? can anyone confirm this is true or not? 

Merging

I have only heard that it works on Hardcore, what about regular? And lol seems they did the sneaky hotfix on their own servers. xD

So I was looting the NWAF, when I noticed another person looting the tent area through my LRS. At first I thought he was new to the game and didn't know that those spawns are turned off.  After he left, I went to loot the leftovers and noticed that loot was spawning in the tents, the pallet-floor tents, and the medic tents too! Can anyone confirm that these loot spawns are re-enabled?

Yesterday I looted those tents to great success.

I found a tent with 3 LRS for the mosin in them.  No bull.  Found a 4th in another tent.

On my standard character, I ran through the same tents and was able to fully equip my M4.  Pristine ACOG, Pristine RDS, Pristine Magpul buttstock, worn bipod, I have like...600 rounds for 5.56 now?  More than that including whats in my magazines.  Also found a worn silencer.  Only thing I didn't find was a weapon light and the rail foregrip.  

Even though they fixed the loot (Hurray!), it seems they still need to tone it down a little on the rarity of stuff. xD

This is just an experimental patch right?

It was seen to be on even the stable patch on hardcore servers being hosted from official servers.

It was seen to be on even the stable patch on hardcore servers being hosted from official servers.

So it's on all the official servers now?

For those who can't read (more than the last post written).

THIS IS ON STABLE. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. CLICK THE LINKS ON THE FIRST POST. STOP ASKING, "IS THIS $ REAALZZZ?!?!?!".

Lol

On another note. I quite like the fact that there is a metric fu$k ton of gear at Balota and NWAF. It is going to draw so many pvp'ers to those specific areas. In my opinion this will help balance things out a bit. Military bases will be war zones, clan battle areas etc. Fresh spawns who are sad about being killed by pvp'ers in spawn locations can risk it all and mad dash the military bases to gear up and exact revenge rather than trying to avenge their previous deaths with a kids back pack and a screw driver. 

It's the end of an era, the world is in chaos. Military and police strong holds have been overrun and are now open for business, (looting). Weapons cases, crates, military bases etc would have THOUSANDS of firearms, ammo, gear etc. Surprisingly enough i can actually buy a LRS right now and choose from 1 of a 100 different variations and thats not even considering the sheer volume of crazy shit one could get if allowed access to a military base. Making these type of items extremely rare gives ass holes who do find them an unfair advantage over newer players or freshies that would have to search for hours to equip comparably. 

NVG's, helicopter parts etc should be rare but finding run of the mill military/police/civilian items and "gearing up" by stumbling onto a military base shouldn't be frowned upon. This is Dayz not "Treasure hunter 2014". If we want to get technical here, every military zombie that dies; at one point had firearms. Just be glad you can't loot zombies for hand guns ammo and slung m4's. I live in Canada and own 8 different firearms..........soooooo realistically one should be able to break into a house and fully gear up with weapons once in a while. I feel Civilian Russians have a thing for firearms as well.

The argument against military items like scopes, guns etc being more readily available goes against everything realistic if the same infection were to spread across the world today. Worst case scenario bases get looted and all the items are bulked up and hidden by a faction of survivors in which case we all would start looking for the Holy grail of weaponry and murder whoever had the stock pile. 

DayZ in a nutshell to me is:

1) Eat

2) Find shelter from pvp'ers

3) Find clothes

4) Go somewhere to get weapons to defend myself

5) Go treasure hunting for medical supplies and protector cases

6) Link up with survivors that are geared

7) Go hunting.............for PVP'ers KOS'ing scavengers. Elecktro has been great for the last couple months. Balota and NWAF will be great spots now as well.

(All of this with a don't shoot onsite mentality.)

More guns the merrier. If you don't like PVP go site seeing in some less hostile locations. I for one hate treasure hunting for hours for items that give me a fighting chance to defend myself against large groups/clans that re-gear each other up whenever one of theirs die. 

Thanks for reading my novel of random poorly put together thoughts.

Edited by vvidovvmaker

Thank god loot is spawning in those tents again, I thought I would never find an LRS or Pistol magazines

Nice to see loots are re-spawning now , which was really boring to see empty towns after 20 minutes servers restarts. 

Thanks bunch for the server side fix  as i can confirm as well it works now!  Good days ahead!

"We gone for testing a bit (One of us looted Police Station and then moved away from the town) , after a while another member went  in  and saw the loot again in police station. So deffo loots are re-spawning. 

Not sure it will be a temp/Testing though, but for sure they are working on it now as it seems.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=
  • Like 1

I kinda got lucky. Looted them last night before anyone new about it. Got 4 prestine LRS for the team but for whatever reason I could not find an ACOG that wasn't all busted up. I grew suspicious when I saw there was loot in sheds

Nice to see loots are re-spawning now , which was really boring to see empty towns after 20 minutes servers restarts. 

Thanks bunch for the server side fix  as i can confirm as well it works now!  Good days ahead!

"We gone for testing a bit (One of us looted Police Station and then moved away from the town) , after a while another member went  in  and saw the loot again in police station. So deffo loots are re-spawning. 

Not sure it will be a temp/Testing though, but for sure they are working on it now as it seems.

Holy shit loot's respawning? Awesome!

Edited by solodude23

So it's on all the official servers now?

Yes on official, although no word on for unofficial servers. I'ma check on my server, right now.

Holy shit loot's respawning? Awesome!

Not fully implemented yet.

This is really good news to me.. I was growing tired of feeling like one of few that could get geared up fully in an hour or 2, consistently.

This way more players will be able to gear up quickly, allowing more flexibility in the game rather than being restricted by 10% of the player base finding all the loot first, and the rest getting the scraps for the next 3.5 hours of each server cycle. Also the reasons for players to go North are there now. And that is my home.. so please come say hi ;)

I mean I had checked the NE fire station about 6+ times looking for protective cases.

Try not server hopping so much and look in other places.

Stellar first post, you'll fit in here just fine  :facepalm:

Back on topic.

I just confirmed the hell out of this. All tents are spawning loot, loot is everywhere. Its amazing. No more scavenger hunt from hell.. now its time to focus on having some fun and playing the game, rather than hoarding and coveting my loot for days on end. Found a pristine LRS, first ever in that condition on the ground in a tent, then I proceeded to find so much ammo and attachments/scopes it was crazy.

One thing I did notice though.. entire NWAF = 1 FNX. No other weapons. Not saying thats normal, but did seem a tad off in my previous experience. 

It was actually a 1 hr reset server. :P I think the admin may have been on purposely reseting it though, because it didn't always seem like an hour had passed.
  • Like 1

I haven't confirmed this on my server which is hosted by Vilayer as I've been at work. I'll check when I get home

• Like 1

I haven't confirmed this on my server which is hosted by Vilayer as I've been at work. I'll check when I get home

Please do, would be good to know if those are affected as well.