Sign in to follow this  
furynation

Gas masks

When people use gas masks do you guys think they are raiders or bandits? Every time when me and my crew are running around whenever we see someone with a gas mask they are usually hostile.  

I used to wear them simply because it looked hella cool with a ballistic helmet, but since the general perception of people wearing gas masks is pretty much what you said, I stopped that as I'm not hostile.

i don´t like the gas mask, because it makes me look like a bandit, and i want to look like a soldier, i look like some social force with the gas mask.

Obviously kids. Ever tried to walk 20 km or more with a gas mask? Or even better with full (even the light one) ABC clothing? Sometimes I thought I'd rather die than marching on...

So I will only start to use gasmask when there is a reason for doing so...

Gas mask is great in a room full of CS gas until your instructor tells you to take it off and call out your name and number and maybe what your dogs name is....

Like Spartan alludes, it would be great if they had a use.

Thanks guys I see you all agree! Thanks for replying! 

Gas masks are mandatory, too many  lactose intolerant nerds on these servers.  ;)

I think as long as they are just cosmetic all types of face cover is being viewd as bandit, still only KOS clowns though.

• Like 1

"Gas mask? Yep, a bandit."

Edited by AntonioAJC

The only people I contemplate (note: keyword contemplate) KoS are people who wear gas masks, Pay Day masks, or obvious killers/bandits.

This discrimination based on cosmetic choice is kind of silly.

I know plenty of friendlies who will wear gas masks, just becayse.

• Like 1

Never used a gas mask, never will, unless they release toxic gases and such

having the NW airfield full of toxic waste forceing you to find a gasmask to enter it, if you dont wear a gasmask you can become very ill quickly...seems like a good idea to me for a future idea

• Like 1

I'll shoot anyone with those stupid masks just because I hate the masks,

having the NW airfield full of toxic waste forceing you to find a gasmask to enter it, if you dont wear a gasmask you can become very ill quickly...seems like a good idea to me for a future idea

Or a mysterious fog that rolls in, meaning you have to get to high ground like a hill or a tall building or you die and turn into  a zed. You would know the fog was coming because you'd see animals running passed you trying to get away from it.

• Like 2

Or a mysterious fog that rolls in, meaning you have to get to high ground like a hill or a tall building or you die and turn into  a zed. You would know the fog was coming because you'd see animals running passed you trying to get away from it.

You sir have just made my day...this seems like a cracking idea :) have a tin of beans on me :)

but, it's not simply "cosmetic" just because someone unwittingly dresses as a bandit is their problem, they need to level up :)  You can see in all the discussion on the matter that it's generally becoming accepted that heroes don't cover their faces and bandits do ,  you can either go with the lore or not, but there are consequences for how you dress in the game whether the player is sufficiently aware of it or not.

You sir have just made my day...this seems like a cracking idea :) have a tin of beans on me :)

Nice one :)

I think a game like this needs events like this. Something fairly rare and random to keep the players on their toes. When u have forever to play a game, you need a few things thrown in to keep things interesting. A dev team coming up with new things to throw in every few months would be good too. :)

Nice one :)

I think a game like this needs events like this. Something fairly rare and random to keep the players on their toes. When u have forever to play a game, you need a few things thrown in to keep things interesting. A dev team coming up with new things to throw in every few months would be good too. :)

I totally agree.. random things would be great. air drops in random locations. hearing messages over the walkies talkie giving you times and dates, would be awesome to see. first get the game all stable etc them move onto to something like this would make the game even more interesting :) good shout about the fog again

• Like 1

Never used a gas mask, never will, unless they release toxic gases and such

STOP SPREADING TOXIC GASES EVERYWHERE WOMAN! GAWD! >.<

I never really worn the gasmasks because of them clipping all over the place.

I like my character looking nice.

NZ beret + rocket (endgame) aviators

Mhmmmmmm  :lol:

But yeah, I KOS gasmaks wearers. They be scary.

• Like 3

I got rid of the gas mask a few toons ago, i've been sporting the burlap sac for a few weeks. (looks like a scare crow) but at least I match..lol

mUHXlgh.jpg

Edited by Dawgstyl