SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Well, i've posted a long ago a "suggestion" knowing that no one would see it ever but well, in my "suggestions" i gave some ideas about how to fix the problem with the spawn of zombies, if you guys wanna check it here is the link:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/189570-a-fix-for-zombie-spawn/

Meh, who cares anyway... :rolleyes:

i'd rather see zombies spawn IN buildings as well as on the roads.

This way it makes looting a challenge. Each town should randomly spawn between 0-6 zombies per building. Military barracks and control towers should be ram full of soldier zombies, so you have to think twice before raiding them. This would add realism to the amount of zombies (balanced per building amount). It would spawn them out of site, so when you open the house door they are in there. And you could also not respawn them into house which have door opened, to allow clearing of towns. I see this as a good solution for some of the problems.

You guys are adding more stuff into the game. Which causes more bugs.

So why don't you guys fix the biggest threat, before getting more (Zombies going through walls, and sees you from long distance)?

And people can't wait for veichles, cause they waited so long. I know it have been confirmed, and you are working on it. But you are even more occupied in making more stuff, and more bugs. Instead of making what people mostly wan't. And what actually annoys them. So start fixing the Zombies, and add some veichles into the game, before getting more stuff, and more bugs.

And yes, this is a suggestion!

Merged.

Do yourself a favor, make reasearch and look up the progress on the Zomibes, though. The complete system is being reworked and almost finished already.

You guys are adding more stuff into the game. Which causes more bugs.

So why don't you guys fix the biggest threat, before getting more (Zombies going through walls, and sees you from long distance)?

And people can't wait for veichles, cause they waited so long. I know it have been confirmed, and you are working on it. But you are even more occupied in making more stuff, and more bugs. Instead of making what people mostly wan't. And what actually annoys them. So start fixing the Zombies, and add some veichles into the game, before getting more stuff, and more bugs.

And yes, this is a suggestion!

Hey man. I suggest you read the dev blog. That way you'd have known the answers to your questions. This time it's free:

Pathfinding is worked on and some progress have been made.

Vehicles is a no-go until physics is in.

I have summarised my zombies tweaks I would love to see a lot more challenge when it comes to the zombies.

-Firing a bullet should draw almost hundreds of them from a huge 1 or 2km range

-zombies should KILL in 2 or 3 swipes only, and bite with 50% chance of infection. More varied attacks (low kick or swipe, lunch bite, bite your arm if you punch)

-Amounts of zombies should be thick and heavy , 0-6 zombies per every building in towns, military buildings and barracks should be filled up with soldier zombies

-also we need stamina system considering soon? to stop people going rambo on zombies

-with stamina then: Zombies can outrun someone jogging with gun out, but people can outrun zombie with weapons put  on back and sprinting.

No one should be charging towards zombies, they should be running scared. Punching zombies in the head should be impossible!

I have two suggestions for zombies, although they wouldnt work together.

1. To my understanding due to books, Zombies are able to track humans like dogs, and will follow the player

until they either catch him or lose the scent, the longer a zombie is on a trail, the more attention it gets and more zombies join

in the  pursuit. This will cut down on the players roaming around looking for players to KOS.

2.Right now shooting has no consequences, which just wouldnt work in RL, since zombies are attracted to noise. I suggest  making it more like State of Decay, where if you empty out a clip with no silencer, you have a horde of zombies  on you, rushing in for the kill. Of course a few shots would still be ok, since they have to get

their bearings and direction, but anything more and the player will be in for a real challenge.

Has you can see implementing both just wouldnt work together in a game. Thanks for viewing and any suggestions would be nice. 

• Like 1

The mod recently added "blood trails" on the patch.

If this is implemented on the SA version,maybe the zombies can pick up the scent

of the trail of your blood and track you down.

Generally speaking,we can make it so that bleeding may arouse zombie's attention

and start searching for you around the area(sniffing around and growling for that horror effect).

The mod recently added "blood trails" on the patch.

If this is implemented on the SA version,maybe the zombies can pick up the scent

of the trail of your blood and track you down.

Generally speaking,we can make it so that bleeding may arouse zombie's attention

and start searching for you around the area(sniffing around and growling for that horror effect).

Do not want shark-zombies.

Just get rid of zombies until they finally get around to being fixed. They are the most annoying thing pleguing this game, in my opinion. The horrible pathing and aggro is very frustrating. How is it that I can run through a small bush to get rid of one, but if I go through multiple buildings and around corners in a city I will still have the same one on me. The animations are just horrible, too. They stop to attack and I back off yet they still hit me. Just make it so they run and attack rather than stopping and glitching out.

Zombies are fine, not too easy and not too hard.

Only bad thing is you can't sneak past them like in DayZ mod.

• Like 1

A small thing I wondered is when the new navigation mesh system comes in, will this eventually be compatible with other arma maps like for example Tavania or Altis, that modders might eventually bring to Standalone, will the maps work easily or would the guys have to program all these meshes into their buildings and things.?

because im in balota and zombies are still chasing me thru buildings..

Wasyn't there a downgrade actually? I remember them walking nicely up the stairs but now they again run under the floor.

I guess it takes months before they learn to climb ladder like DayZ mod zombies.

Zombies are fine, not too easy and not too hard.

They are far too easy right now. Dumb as a lamp post, few in number and squishy as hell. I liked the 0.44 "aim for the head" zombies.

..//..

they need to make stealth work too. crawling prone for example should not get you aggro from 150m+ when in grassy fields. Making them dangerous, but avoidable will put more emphasis on things like bows, mele, and suppressed fire arms and reward cautions play over run n gun.

..//..

STEALTH

yes !  I agree.

Good gameplay.

Remember in the mod trying to crawl up to a helicrash in an open field with 5 zombie pilots wandering around ?

Edited by pilgrim

Imo they are still hardly a threat. Equip your machete run back+left/right and turn mouse to keep crosshair on head and keep hitting them until they die. Still works like a charm.

I think before tweaking anything in regards to animations the new pathfinding should be finished and the position updating should be improved so that you can tweak the zombie strength based on a well working base system.

In addition to that the LoS checks and view ranges from the mod should also be brought back before tweaking zombie speed and strength. Being stealthy should be  apart of gameplay also versus the Zeds.

bleeding and damage to gear is better. Still happens but I believe it is at the right amount

Imo they are still hardly a threat. Equip your machete run back+left/right and turn mouse to keep crosshair on head and keep hitting them until they die. Still works like a charm.

I think before tweaking anything in regards to animations the new pathfinding should be finished and the position updating should be improved so that you can tweak the zombie strength based on a well working base system.

In addition to that the LoS checks and view ranges from the mod should also be brought back before tweaking zombie speed and strength. Being stealthy should be  apart of gameplay also versus the Zeds.

thats one of my biggest gripes about the SA zombies (aside from pathing thru buildings) is that there is no longer ANY sort of smar or strategic gameplay involved in beating or avoiding them. it's just run in backwards circles flailing at them like an idiot till they die because even if you brone the have the same dang detection range. I liked in the early days of the mod coming to a dead stop prone in a field and letting the zombies pass before contining on.

thats one of my biggest gripes about the SA zombies (aside from pathing thru buildings) is that there is no longer ANY sort of smar or strategic gameplay involved in beating or avoiding them. it's just run in backwards circles flailing at them like an idiot till they die because even if you brone the have the same dang detection range. I liked in the early days of the mod coming to a dead stop prone in a field and letting the zombies pass before contining on.

While I do agree that individually they aren't a threat, im sure this problem will be combated (at least slightly) by increasing the numbers. So while its easy to dance with that one zombie and keep him occupied, the other 10-20 attacking you will just swamp you and deal damage from all directions.

Basically one zombie should never really be much of a threat....there power comes from there numbers :)

I bought the game about four days ago, and enjoy it to a certain extent, but there are game breaking elements ( or hopefully a bug) that ruins the game, and wastes my time.

Zombies are just a retarded idea; no offense, but who designed these zombies, or chose how they spawned in? Because the way they do spawn in, and act, is completely retarded, it also breaks immersion from the game.

When im walking to a city, and going through houses, and then i encounter a zombie; i expect closing a door would surely not allow the zombie in, or atleast for a matter of time, so there is not why to break away from chase with a zombie.

I also notice zombies tend to just spawn relative to where you are; zombies tend to spawn in at random, and know where you are, so there is not way to stealth through these zombies.

It can get frustrating when you crawl into a town full of gear ( in the grass) and all of a sudden  a zombie is running after you; in which the zombie is just as fast, and impossible to shake off.

Why even add zombies? The main point of the game is to survive, and not die; i'm fine with human vs human combat, because the zombies are just a immersion breaking element in the game, and don't act realistic at all. 

I know that zombies are cool with the mass majority of people, and are trendy, but why bother? Why even dabble in a setting that you cannot deliver; i rather have some hardcore survival game; rather than a hardcore survival game with zombies that don't work, and ruin the feeling of reality that this engine delivers. 

I have had zombies spawn in just randomly chasing me multiple times, so this is not a one time thing; it happens every server i play, and finnaly lost all my gear due to a zombie i didn't know about running through walls, and trapping me inside a small room

read some topics on the forums, get familiar with what you have just bought into, play a few more hours and hopefully you will continue to enjoy this alpha game, with a new perspective,

• Like 2

they are place holders atm new pathing and navmesh is being worked on