SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

I just got pummeled by a hoard of 7-8 on a milk run between my home of Grishino and the wrecked convoy and back. I survived but I'm considering Red's idea now.

The Rak is a pos even on zeds btw.

Perhaps we could have a way of regenerating this stat through food and drinks high in potassium such as milk?

So in 0.55 zombies are now a lot harder to kill with weapons, even the fire fighter axe. They hit harder and seem to get in five hits per hit anomation and you can't kit them without being hit yourself. This plus the fact that there are more zombies per town/city and the fact that guns are difficult to come by then you have a shitatorm of people hating the game for being too difficult. I understand that DayZ is meant to be a difficult zombie survival game but I think the zoms are a little too over powered if you ask me. What are you views on this?

• Like 1

So in 0.55 zombies are now a lot harder to kill with weapons, even the fire fighter axe. They hit harder and seem to get in five hits per hit anomation and you can't kit them without being hit yourself. This plus the fact that there are more zombies per town/city and the fact that guns are difficult to come by then you have a shitatorm of people hating the game for being too difficult. I understand that DayZ is meant to be a difficult zombie survival game but I think the zoms are a little too over powered if you ask me. What are you views on this?

Their attacks are bugged, as are sounds, but as far as AI and aggro goes, I think they're a vast improvement. You can actually sneak fairly close past them, and they no longer spot you from a mile away. If they do come after you, they run out of steam after chasing you for a while, and if you're in a town, you can lose them between houses. Be careful though, if enough of them are after you at once, you should just run unless you have a good gun and enough ammo. Fighting more than one or two zombies in melee is just not worth it right now.

• Like 1

So I was a wee little fresh spawn earlier today (died from an unknown reason probably accidental fall) but a zombie snuck up behind me, jumped at me, and with all its might, smacked me and insta-KOed me. Of course, I had just a t shirt on and regular jeans, nothing fancy, but I had no idea what happened. I then laughed my ass off because I realized that a zombie just one hitted me, all while remembering that this is DayZ and wierd shit happens.

Any thoughts or facts on this? I feel like I just got unlucky and somehow was a victim of a random bug, but if you have any info, please share. I find it funny, but geared players might not so if you have anything, I kinda wanna know. Thanks!

• Like 1

Spinal Fracture.  Your back was Ruined.

• Like 3

I haven't had a one hitter quitter that killed/Ko me, but I did have one zed unleash a bad-ass hay-maker on me and ruined my pristine leather jacket and anti-stab vest....I was kinda impressed and sad at the same time

Spinal Fracture.  Your back was Ruined.

why do i find this so damn funny.

Very well explained by Aggathor from WOBO.

Every time someone posts that video I'm going to post this reply...

• Like 1

Every time someone posts that video I'm going to post this reply...

We know that, at least I know it's only placeholder/WIP. but the information gathered from the community, while we are testing the game is precious. We don't really have any official words on various stats and mechanics of the game, so what the scientific community of WOBO is very welcome in my opinion. 

Might not be final, but is currently real. It really helps to understand how things work, instead of just getting "it's a WIP, deal with it...."  <_<

Ex: We have access to an early version of the "medical" system. Painkillers don't work. We shared this information, so players having sway with their firearms could fix their problem by using either morphine or splints, and not painkillers as it was in the mod. Without us sharing this, a lot of mistakes could have been made.

I understand it if it was false information, but the "bone condition" is currently proven and is in fact "in" the game. 

When this gets "fixed" the information shared should just be that this was a thing of the past.

P.S.: No one said it was final or finished at this phase, only that this was a real thing and people should know about it. Just like not logging back into a server that just restarted to avoid risking loosing our character and spawning as a fresh spawn, or not getting close to a V3S' door when it's getting opened by another player as you will die.

What the hell does "WIP sqf/fsm" mean?

WIP stands for "work in progress".  As for sqf/fsm I have no clue...

when I feel that I've taken too many hits from zombies, I store my gear and go kill myself so my gear can be on a character that's less likely to be killed by a strong breeze.

dear developers:  that ^^^ is what this element has added to gameplay.  good job.

I Do this too, But can you blame me? fully kitted eveyrthing , all the rarest items in the game and they let us die in 1 hit to a zed, Nawww i dont risk that BS either.

I Do this too, But can you blame me? fully kitted eveyrthing , all the rarest items in the game and they let us die in 1 hit to a zed, Nawww i dont risk that BS either.

So don't get hit. 

So Apparently Zeds Can Now Clip Through Doors

Was running from about 6 or 7 at west fire station in elektro and I tries to get away but they just followed me into the fire station, but just walked straight through the closed doors. I made it out alive but god damn Bohemia... If you're gonna release updates and hotfixed at least make sure that they don't screw up the game further. Yes this is an alpha, but you've been working on the game for long enough to know to test things before they're released. Now, I could be wrong andd it could be just me, but I would like to see because absolutely nothing was wrong on my end, so I don't know what it could be. I'm not mad, just frustrated yet again at this game.

Happy Gaming!

• Like 1

It's a game based on latency and server load...then your internet takes the load of an aggroed zombie. So, if you have a ping over 100, you will always have this problem. No clipping zombies have nothing to do with the game. If your internet is shit(based on server location), it will never go away.

Edited by DanicaHamlin
  • Like 1

It's a game based on latency and server load...then your internet takes the load of an aggroed zombie. So, if you have a ping over 100, you will always have this problem. No clipping zombies have nothing to do with the game. If your internet is shit(based on server location), it will never go away.

Sounds about right. Last time I saw a zombie clipping through a door was back in .50 or so.

It was fixed

Sounds about right. Last time I saw a zombie clipping through a door was back in .50 or so.

It was fixed? Never noticed that hahaha, they clip through all the time for me

It was fixed

It was fixed? Never noticed that hahaha, they clip through all the time for me

Probably the latency issue Danica mentioned then. Next time you have a no-clip zombie, check your ping and desync.

I have a question about the new zombie mechanics since I really don't understand the devs train-of-thought on this one.

So, was it necessary to change the zombie's running speed in order to implement the new stealth-mechnics or some new animations?

I mean, I kind of like how the Zombies now are more challenging and the new stealth-mechanic combined with the new (harder) way zombies attack players adds a lot more tactical gameplay overall....but...

...but was it really necessary to have the zombies running 1 inch behind you and when you turn to face them they constantly teleport to your back? Also they stopped making noises like footsteps when 'aggroed'.

Please, enlighten me. Let me continue to believe that the devs didn't add this "feature" out of sheer thoughtlessness or even to annoy players.

I think this question has already been done...

Also their running speed hasn't altered much has it? They sprint like they always have, but they do tire now which is a good thing.

so, what's the answer then?