SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

2 zombies hit me once in .54 broke my legs and i barely shot them.

friend got hit 1 time by a zombie, ruined all his gear and died.

It must have been a super zombie in .54, or some dev flying around the map saying ill get this bastard, really i will this time :)

Run away sneaks run!

I had most weird zombie issues on high ping glitchy servers. You know were they can hit you from 10 feet away or ruin your gear with one strike. I noticed when I play on lower ping servers the zombies still go through walls but there is less of the other issues.

I think maybe on the reason is on high ping servers, the server it self maybe sees it that you got hit more then once, but from your end you saw them hit from 10 feet away and ruin your gear....I think its connection related, and ping realated when that happens. Thats my theory. I could be wrong. But in the past playing on 70 ping and below servers I dont see as many glitches with mechanics, of cource minus the known issues. If that makes since. Its the same thing when you playing grouped, and you see your freind stuck in a animation. Dsync and all that other crap that happens. What you see might not be what everyone else see..... 

This game is wonky though. Its in alpha state, which is a part of dev that most of the time your avarage player dosn't even see with most games. Its this new fad of early access, which I am begining to wonder is even a good idea anymore. So many people just have a really rough idea of what that mean. Why not just finish the game 1st then release it. LOL I mean like I we have any say so what so ever in how its going to end up. The devs already know what there going to do.

Edited by CJFlint

Don't the items in ruined clothing get damaged more easily? I often find that when a jacket or something is ruined most of the items in it get ruined too.

Have to say I do prefer how ruined clothes look, though.

One would think, however my counter to that is I place high tier items in my backpack.  Rags and such go in the front and absord damage, where I can hit them with a tincture from my backpack and they remain fine.  You figure majority of damage you take will be from head on, so putting high end items in your bag would make sense to begin with.  My logic is my own, and I refuse to wear anything but ruined clothing and get along just fine.  Sometimes if I feel the need I'll patch up a vest and backpack, but everything else I just leave ruined.  This also has shown on the camo end to be quite useful as players hardly ever see me, the furthest camo wise I have gone is a ghillie cap and wrap for my rifle at which point with ruined items if you lay down your pretty much camo'd to the teeth.  

+1 on the camo effect of damaged clothing.

Surprisingly, I've found myself caught in a rain shower in a ruined raincoat and I never got wet. Oh, hell ... I hope that the devs don't read this and "fix" the raincoat.

• Like 1

I usually mix ruined and pristine as this can balance temperatures in some instances and still be waterproof, while also providing some low maintenance camo.

The latest experimental AI makes fighting the infected very different from what you see on stable now and we will likely see many more updates for them in the future as well.

Not in the way one would think.  I just keep myself hydrated/energized so regardless of hits taken I regen overtime ultimately.  Surely there are arguments to be pointed, but I truly only ever wear ruined clothing and have characters that have been alive for a few weeks, well recently I died, but I blame Fluxley for running me over.

so you're saying ruined clothing offers no protection from a truck! now to try with pristine, my friend! :)

The zombies v players combat needs to be better before you add hordes of zombies please. The current system is terrrrrrible. No offense but it really needs to be addressed I have trouble dealing with zombies in a realistic manner so I just walk in circles around them and hit them. You cannot approach zombies headon at all because you'll miss htis half the time and they take boat loads of damage from anything you'd think would be a decent weapon to fight them with. For example the shovle why do you hit the zombies with the blunt end and not lop there heads off with the sharp part?

Bottom line... You really need to fix PvE before the new AI is implemented. please.

For example at how bad combat is now...

Edited by ZachG81

Harder ?

You have to be kidding...

On a LRS,barely even able to see the Zombie from way up in the woods he suddenly turns and runs right at me

They can see for miles now,this "re-spawning" is bullshit once you shoot them or axe them to death they should be gone forever!

Doesn't make sense having them respawn afterkilling one,that is not very realistic at all

They can run faster than a human now,especially if your suffering from all the Lag in and around cities

I myself can not even think of going anywhere near anywhere that has food or water do to this as it is absolutely impossible for me to enter a village or city without getting killed by being swarmed by Zombies.They hit once,your bleeeding and then can not even run away to badage the wound.

They state of the new Zombies makes the game not only unplayable,but so difficult the game is no longer fun at all!

Of coarse,this is all just IMHO

I complety agree!

I complety agree!

I completely disagree. I have yet to find a zombie I cannot outrun on foot. If a zombie hits you and you start bleeding, for the love of everything ever, KILL IT and then bandage yourself. If there's more of them coming at you, start running immediately. Weave through streets, hop over fences, anything you can do to put a few more yards between yourself and them. If you've got any spatial awareness, escaping from a bunch of zombies long enough to bandage yourself really isn't difficult.

And it is supposed to be difficult to survive in cities. That's why you already have a myriad of options to survive without having to go to big cities. 

my first 10 seconds of the DayZ 0.55 update.

Zombie sees me and starts hitting me

I shoot the zombie in the head with an AK-74

Zombie keeps hitting me

I spray the zombie down after I begin bleeding

3 more zombies see me and begin running in place as if they were on a treadmill

2 seconds later the zombies teleport over to me and I'm hit 17 times at once and instantly die.

Best update ever

This really should have been a high priority from the start.

First - Plain and simple the zombies don't act like zombies at all. I hope that part is whats being changed with the new ai. It would be pretty messed up if the animals end up acting the same way. If anything the animals should be more aggressive than the humans. Of lesser importance, should consider the zombies having an actual animation of trying to eat you and not just smack you around. Smacking people around doesn't exactly cause people to bleed or get infected.

Second - The zombies being able to walk through doors and building walls should of been a high priority to be fixed from the beginning. When is planned on getting fixed?

my first 10 seconds of the DayZ 0.55 update.

Zombie sees me and starts hitting me

I shoot the zombie in the head with an AK-74

Zombie keeps hitting me

I spray the zombie down after I begin bleeding

3 more zombies see me and begin running in place as if they were on a treadmill

2 seconds later the zombies teleport over to me and I'm hit 17 times at once and instantly die.

Best update ever

So you logged off out in the open? Chernarus delivers swift punishment!

Finally they are like the ones we loved - the ones from the mod. But even better - they have very fluid animation and don't stop moving while attack you!

They are awesome!  :thumbsup: 

P.S.

Didn't read forums yet, bet it's full of KOSers and general PVPers tears.

Edited by SonicSonedit
  • Like 7

Magic zombies that throw invisible punches very fast without moving their arms, its very sci-fi.

I walked through Kamyshovo purposely shooting off mosin rounds and no zombies came... -_-

I'm sure I wont have that problem when I'm a newspawn.

• Like 1

They are faster than Usain Bolt, and punch faster and harder than Muhammad Ali.  
I'd rather be a zombie at this point.

Edited by aimbot.eXe
  • Like 2

I walked through Kamyshovo purposely shooting off mosin rounds and no zombies came... -_-

I'm sure I wont have that problem when I'm a newspawn.

They all went off chasing the bambis that came before you, probably :p

While the new zombies have problems, I think the difficulty in dealing with them is being a bit overblown on the forums. They certainly are more difficult. I can't dodge them as effectively by dancing around them. They don't move like robots anymore. Looks much better. I played all afternoon, looting small to medium sized towns. Even made a trip to the NE airfield. Never had more than two of them on me at a time, and I killed all but two of them with a fire axe. It does take 3-4 hits from the fire axe to kill them now. Either they nerfed the axe or buffed the zombies. They did beat the hell out of me when I had to deal with more than one at a time.

Oddly enough, as much as I was pummeled, the only articles of clothing that took any damage were pants and shoes, both ruined. I was wearing a plate carrier so that may have protected me and my jacket from taking damage. From what I've seen, it seems that the best strategy is to head inland off the coast immediately after spawning and start looting small villages. I actually saw a ton of military clothing and vests and such in civilian buildings. Like a high-cap vest spawning on a civilian car. I saw fewer guns than I normally do in civilian areas but besides that I quite like the changes to the loot economy. For anyone having problems I'd suggest heading inland and staying away from larger cities.

So you logged off out in the open? Chernarus delivers swift punishment!

nah I was under a canopy beside a house

I miss the days when zombies were strong but you could just run into a building and have them form a conga line walking while you headshot them one at a time.

Oh wait no I don't. That was crap, this is great people actually have to use their brains a bit to avoid dying.

I also use the term brain very loosely.

Good work devs keep tweaking!

Edited by JPWiser

The only thing is left to do is increase the amount by 2 or 3 times and they will be just at they were in the mod, forcing players to join up against them instead of KOSing each other.

Magic zombies that throw invisible punches very fast without moving their arms, its very sci-fi.

Something is wrong on your side, I can clearly see their attack animation.

They are faster than Usain Bolt, and punch faster and harder than Muhammad Ali.  
I'd rather be a zombie at this point.

I was attacked by 3 as soon as I logged in Svetolyarsk. Also there are some military loot in Svetloyarsk now - along with 1-2 military zombies. But yes there are too few right now.

• Like 2

The only thing is left to do is increase the amount by 2 or 3 times and they will be just at they were in the mod, forcing players to join up against them instead of KOSing each other.

Something is wrong on your side, I can clearly see their attack animation.

I was attacked by 3 as soon as I logged in Svetolyarsk. Also there are some military loot in Svetloyarsk now - along with 1-2 military zombies. But yes there are too few right now.

I did for science stand next to one and it hit me like 5 times very fast and broke my arm and I almost died shortly after that AND it did only swing its arm like 2 times of those 5~ hits.

I think they're kind of broken. One punch shouldn't break my arm and that punch shouldn't come from a magical flailing zombie ten feet away. Plus they make no sound at all aside from ambient grunting (and I heard that about once.)

nah I was under a canopy beside a house

That's in the open. Always go inside, even if it's just a little shed.

I did for science stand next to one and it hit me like 5 times very fast and broke my arm and I almost died shortly after that AND it did only swing its arm like 2 times of those 5~ hits.

I just did it for science.

1 hit = 1 animation.

Perhaps your issue is related to desync or lag because without lag and desync every animation of an attack lead to only 1 hit on my screen.

Zombies are hard, When you shoot with an ak101 pretty much every zombie nearby comes running, I love it.

I like the speed of zombies, they use to be slower than us, but not any more. Big thumbs here :thumbsup:

We going to have hard times when stamina system arrives.

Cant wait how the zeds evolve.

• Like 1