Sign in to follow this  
denman1992

thermal scope

give beans to the creator and lead developer of the game

but i think you knew that so i lol'd

Yea rocket and all that. 

However he said that and so many people had no idea what he meant and ignored it. 

Im not against thermal scopes being in-game, as long as they are rare as hell. Really like the idea in OP that they could burn through batteries quickly, maybe even use a special type of battery that is as rare as they are.

On the subject of global item economy, I have a concern. People said they were against persistent storage, as clans could stockpile weapons. Now, wouldn't global item economy only foster that. What I mean is, on the mod, a group could have a big camp, 20 as50, 5rpg, plenty of rockets......but as50's, and rpg's would still spawn. So no matter how well entrenched they were, me (or any other) could always find the same hardware to fight back with. Now if one group has all of the 5 AS50 in existence they truly have the monopoly on that weapon, no more will spawn to balance things out :)

wow didnt expect this much talk of the thermal but im glad everyone is pretty much on the same page thermal does not belong but this made me think of these so called *ubers* weapons or gear they may have maybe some high explosive rockets or  maybe like a mortar launcher that you have to use a range finder for it and aim manually  maybe it can shoot up flares to so that it illuminates everything in like a sq mile or 2 idk these might be op but i mean what could uber imply ??

in a game when any item can be duped, balance is key

thermals throw off balance so much.

prone shooting at the coloured blip in your view is not legit, and never has been

pure scrub trash

Longest distance i was able to recognize object and measure distance to it was little over 7km. Weapon thermal optics obviously are not able to zoom in that long but 100-200m nerf would then be pointless and I would vote no to Thermal anyway.

well we could scrap 2) and still go with 1) & 3). while i agree that thermal in the mod is op, i wouldn't like completely leaving something out of the standalone. it should have at least the same content/items like the mod

Hey guys I really hope they add a thermal scope to the game, don't you?

because once one does it becomes popular server owners see a drop on theur server so follow suit.

so yes it does effect all.

what starts out as 100 percent vanilla end up being 5 percent of servers left. rest just become buy as you win donation for gear.

that is going to happen anyhow, and it has nothing to do with loot.

You crafty bastard. First I thought  "Oh no, not another thermal thread." Then I started reading and thought: "Oh wait, it's contra thermal." And then we land at le pièce de résistance:

""And if for some reason they do put this in the game i hope it is like twice as rare as the lrs maybe even 3x or 4x as rare and have it burn through batteries insanely fast or maybe even special batteries you find throught the game which are also super rare . What are peoples thoughts on this ?""

NO!

that is going to happen anyhow, and it has nothing to do with loot.

yep sadly the main reason i brought the SA was do to the admn based powers wouldnt have an effect on how we play. i should of realized this was never going to stop and the very same admin abuse will return as soon as modding happens . oh well. other projects have taken steps to stop it and ill stick to those when it does happen.

its annoying when the dev team could stop it totally from ever happening but wont for the sake of pressure from the very people who mostly likely do exactly what im talking about.

l85a2lwti.jpg

People who complain about this masterful piece of art either didn't play the mod, or are horrible at this game and need something to excuse why they're constantly looking at "YOU ARE DEAD". As said previously, this gun was never the problem, it was hackers spawning them that was. This rifle was a fantastic piece of squad equipment, and absolutely invaluable to any lone-wolf lucky enough to have one.

yep sadly the main reason i brought the SA was do to the admn based powers wouldnt have an effect on how we play. i should of realized this was never going to stop and the very same admin abuse will return as soon as modding happens . oh well. other projects have taken steps to stop it and ill stick to those when it does happen.

its annoying when the dev team could stop it totally from ever happening but wont for the sake of pressure from the very people who mostly likely do exactly what im talking about.

if they didn't let people mod or have private servers this game would be dead.

The AS50 TWS is already confirmed, it's right in the files along with the other weapons on the current experimental build.

1HubMWy.png

It's true it's in the files - but it's obviously just a joke by the devs.

The AS50 TWS is already confirmed, it's right in the files along with the other weapons on the current experimental build.

1HubMWy.png

It's true it's in the files - but it's obviously just a joke by the devs.

^^^^ and I thought i'd seen all the tears in the "we need some way to tell the difference between heros & bandits", if that thing shoots accurately to 1600 meters like the mod, the forums will be flooded. lol..

Edited by Calibre

You think the devs can't make a game that will entertain us without allowing mods?

Problem is not only if they will be rare or not as scripters can dup it easily or create if it's in database. Then you'll have a problem on your hands.

Current snipers and scopes are fair and actually require a little bit of skill to use. AS50 or Thermal Sights are just makes things way to easy as you can see anyone from miles away doesn't matter if there are trees/bushes.

Whoever lucky enough or whoever use scripts will gain huge advantage over majority. (We would ban Thermal Scopes on our servers same for AS50 if that happens anyway)

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

I really wouldn't mind items like this being uber rare - as in 1 or 2 across all servers.

With all the duplicating going on, I would have a problem with this. Server owners would use it as an advantage over other servers and would probably end up selling them for RLM.

You think the devs can't make a game that will entertain us without allowing mods?

they haven't yet. or else the dayz mod would be mostly vanilla servers, not mostly private/mods.

whole point of the SA was to make a solid standalone game (its in the name lol)

with adding mods all the stuff people didnt want is now going to be the very first tihngs done with modding. so 1000 car servers galore pay donations to recieve gear. utter joke tbh.

I really wouldn't mind items like this being uber rare - as in 1 or 2 across all servers.

This.

I definitely want some very powerful, but also very very rare items in the game.

It's something that keeps the game interesting when you think you have seen everything and done everything.

I want items in the game, that are so rare that you will probably never see them.

But it has to be done right.

Our group played the DayZero mod for about 6 months, and in all that time we have never even seen some of the most rare items.

The Lapua Magnum Sniper rifle there was a 1-hit kill weapon, but it only spawned at a certain type of crash site, and you (most of the time) had to take down that helicopter yourself.

In half a year we have found only a couple dozens of bullets for it, and we have never found the weapon, and never seen anyone who had one.

Still every time we took down one of those helicopters or found a crash site it was thrilling because we knew that MAYBE we would get lucky and find one of those rifles.

Wasnt Deanz Beanz talking about that some times ago? That there would be super rare loot?

I think he meant fur coats and engraved 1911's. ;)

whole point of the SA was to make a solid standalone game (its in the name lol)

with adding mods all the stuff people didnt want is now going to be the very first tihngs done with modding. so 1000 car servers galore pay donations to recieve gear. utter joke tbh.

if people didnt want that stuff it wouldnt be put in the game. you are not "people", you are a one person among many, if the majority had the same opinion that you did that stuff wouldnt exist. but more people want that stuff than dont want it so thats what we end up with. you strike me as the type of person who thinks people should be able to play the way they want as long as thats the way you want them to.

Edited by hellcat420

yup may thermal scopes never come into the game.

Same goes for night vision .

if people didnt want that stuff it wouldnt be put in the game. you are not "people", you are a one person among many, if the majority had the same opinion that you did that stuff wouldnt exist. but more people want that stuff than dont want it so thats what we end up with. you strike me as the type of person who thinks people should be able to play the way they want as long as thats the way you want them to.

look at the original idea of why a SA game was to be made ;)

it was to get away from the very thing that the mod ended up being. so people jumped on board brought into the idea only for shortly into the project the exact same thing is going to happen as the mod !

thats just basically made this project a cash cow for BI. its not gone the way as first said its just going to open the doors to the masses.

if they were going to open it up to modding why even make Sa in first place ? when you have the mod for free? you know why money.

all thats going to happen now is well end up with a prettier version of the mod with the exact same stuff as the mod slightly different and paid for for it.

its not the original idea of a surivival game that many hoped.

just wait when modding happens. remember what i said. admin tools just like mod watching you 24/7 while you play spawn gear in teleporting to you or whereever they want and selling gear packages.

dayz sa made its money now it doesnt matter if mods in it cause they got the money on to pastures new.

Edited by dgeesio