SomeCallMeNomad (DayZ)

What clothing set/weapons would you add if you could?

A complete clown outfit, wig or hat, big glasses, clown jumper with loads of pockets, clown gloves, clown shoes. The current mask for scary clown

On 10/12/2016 at 8:06 AM, koffeekage said:

A complete clown outfit, wig or hat, big glasses, clown jumper with loads of pockets, clown gloves, clown shoes. The current mask for scary clown

The red and blue canvas pants area good start.  I wore some around the other day because I thought they looked like part of a clown costume.  Or at least a rodeo clown costume...

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, emuthreat said:

The red and blue canvas pants area good start.  I wore some around the other day because I thought they looked like part of a clown costume.  Or at least a rodeo clown costume...

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

I wonder if they have rodeos in Eastern Europe,

Not sure about rodeos, but I hear there is a lovely scythe competition each year in Goricko, Slovenia.

Probably suggested already, but:

Clothing:
-Multicams/OCP (OCP because Crye is a stickler on copyright infringement, but "OCP" is the US Army's near-multicam new camo, so calling it "US Army/OCP" or something would work. Also, same pocket count as USMC gear)... MCam top/bottom/gear/boonie/bandana or neck gaiter, would be nice...
-Craftable ghillie suits, like you take a camo top/bottom and some rope or cordage, and combine it with a burlap sack (no plop, ghillie suits are made of a camo top/bottom, netting, and burlap strands in real life, made one in prep for Army Sniper School, but didn't get the slot, went to someone with more rank because favoritism was rampant in my unit at the time) and you get a ghillie suit. Would increase player's body heat moreso than regular top/bottom. Also, the more worn it gets, the more effective the camo... This is paramount to realism, if you're going to go realistic... The first like week and a half of US Army Sniper School is dedicated to breaking in your ghillie suit, for good reason...
-BDU tops - I've yet to come across the top... Pretty sure it's in there if the bottoms are, but I've seen like a hundred bottoms and no tops... X)
-Plate carriers with pouches... Say you equipped a plate carrier and you equipped a mag pouch to that carrier, you could put your mag in that pouch and when you hit "R" on an empty or nearly empty mag, your character would swap mags for the next fullest... Or if you had a regular pouch, you could put loose ammo or a stripper clip in there, and the character would reload a non-removable mag weapon, like the SKS, Magnum, or Mosin just by pressing "R"... Instead of just racking the action back and taking out the live round... Also, it would save you from three body shots (one Mosin or .308 shot), before you'd have to find new plates... Also, each pouch you equipped would increase the storage capacity of the plate carrier by 1-2 slots, depending on the pouch... You'd drag/drop the pouch onto the carrier, and it would bring up the carrier's front, and you'd select a chunk of MOLLE area (i.e. the front of the carrier) to attach and organize the pouch...
-Also, as a plate carrier bonus, morale patches? :D
-M65 jackets in more than just tan and green... Not sure if they exist in the game, but those are the only two I've come across... Yet M65's for realsies are available in just about any camo pattern you could want...
-MOPP/CBRN-type clothing? We already have wellies and gas masks, why not CBRN tops/bottoms/gloves too? Would keep the character dry without being a high-vis raincoat...
- Also, can we get bag liners? That way we can have dry gear during a rainstorm...

Weapons:
-VSS Vintorez - Should be really rare, same with the ammo and mags... Should take a player two months to dig up a Vintorez with enough mags and ammo for a full combat loadout...
-FN FAL (sorry, FAL fanboy)
-Mac 10 SMG (in .45acp, because bullet hose) :D
-Ruger Mini-14's/Mini-30's. And yes, you DO need specific mags for them... Though, the AUG in-game eats STANAG mags, unlike real-world AUGs... :P
-Can we have weapons at least sometimes spawn with mags? I've not yet seen a weapon spawn with its mag, but it would make more sense if sometimes they did... Maybe like two rounds and a mag inside a spawned weapon, to give the perception that whoever "dropped" it when they zombified was using it...
-AR10 .308 AR's
-Rem 700's, .308 and .223.
-lever-action rifle, preferably in .357 Mag
-M203 or East-Bloc equivalent 40mm 'nade launcher, super-rare, able to attach to AR/AK platform respectively...
-An optic for the Krinkov (74U)... If there's one that fits the Krink, I haven't found it yet. Would be nice if we could get one, and if RDS's let us move a bit faster whilst in "aim" mode... After all, that's the whole benefit of a red-dot, is that it aids greatly in quick short-range target acquisition.
-"spam cans"/"battle packs" of ammo - Where you can pick up a whole six-block spam can of like 200rds, say, but can ONLY take out ammo; can't put it back in, and ONLY one type comes out... Because spam cans aren't ammo cans. Ammo would come out 20rds at a time... Spam cans for east-bloc weapons, battle packs for NATO weapons...

EDIT:
Gear:
-CamelBak/Hydration pouch-type thing... You can wear a camelbak under an assault pack, or strap it onto your gear (I'm talking about real life), thus if that was possible in-game, you could add like a liter pouch to your stuff without taking up inventory room like a canteen or PET bottle does...

That's about all I can think of for now! :D

Edited by t3h_kgb

On 3/24/2014 at 4:25 PM, thefriendlydutchman said:

201101031200409039_130348705.jpg

Army Raincoat

^ I have to agree, a poncho would be nice for the rainy times. Even nicer if it draped over your bag and could keep your gear dry too...

• Like 1

Just a quick bump to ask, where did all the USMC woodland gear go? Along with TTSKO, the USMC woodland was the BEST camo for the Chernarus area. When I first started playing, I came across a pair of tops/bottoms, but an update wiped my character and ever since, all I've come across is USMC Desert, which is largely useless in a woodland area like Chernarus... I mean, unless there's plans to add a huge patch of expansive desert to the map, there's really no use for the desert patterned stuff...

USMC woodland can be found at helicrashes.

On 5/17/2015 at 4:28 PM, wooly-back-jack said:

sterling smg and classic German Army parka jacket (I used to have one as a teen, warm as fook :) )

bw_parka_olive_1.jpg

Dude i have one of these, awesome jacket,

a friend gave it to me for building a computer for him, you can take the inner warm stuff out, and use it as a raincoat even if it's warm,
in winter it's freaking warm, the zipper doesnt go all the way to the bottom so you can still run in it, and the material is sturdy, all the pckets have buttons so stuff can't fall out,
and you have two slings at the end of the sleeves so they don't slip back when raising your arms  10/10

Edited by ZomboWTF

It's not a piece of equipment, but I'd like to use the Spraypaint to leave marks and writings on the walls to communicate plainly or to code some message with other survivors.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:43 PM, Jex said:

official-licensed-borat-green-mankini-on

I am not a KoS kinda guy but if i see this running towards me i will expend every bullet i have to kill it ... My eyes god scratch out my eyes.

• Like 1

I would definitely add the M110 Marksmen Rifle 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbE3xz-cJFNFIggv4-Z1N

For it being my favorite rifle.

I would also have a wide variety of scopes like 8x 16x and maybe 4x and the compatibility with the Acog,M68,Reflex, and the rv1  with it's own back-up sight  like the m4a1 has (BUIS)

I would make it be chambered in 7.62x51 mm (mag cap would be lowered to 20 on this variant) or 5.56 mm (mag cap would be 30)

It is compatible with the Atlas Bipod and the suppressor could be the Nato on the 5.56 variant and east on the 7.62 (since the nato suppressor group does not have a 7.62 weapon)

This would be the only group of things i would add.

I would add long underwear layering system. 2-3 layers allow for winter weather, and only found in markets or military.

And a variety of emergency blankets for cold nights without fire.

Heck, even a range of bedding that could be in houses useful for when rain wont allow dry fires or gathering firewood. 

Also, rain pants or fishing pants. To fully rubberize and waterproof the rain gear.

Better yet, why not ponchos around military bases? Talk about waterproofing... would cover backpacks too so waterproof packs arent always needed.

Lastly, a emergency candle system best used for houses with glass windows that arent broken. Or oil lanterns that give off enough heat to warm an enclosed room. Otherwise the small heat source wouldnt help if broken windows or if doors were kept open.