LaughingJack (DayZ)

It has happened...

Now we just need to make the AI less wonky, and add even MORE of them, maybe finally root out all of the death matchers and let us survivalists shine.

I think when they get the AI fixed, and add more zeds, the airfields will become a different place.  Different kind of chaos and very little hiding in the bushes sniping from 700m.  Fun stuff...

• Like 2

You go ahead and laugh... But did you play the Vanilla Mod shortly before the alpha came out?

They introduced a patch that made the zeds very deadly. The result was swift and simple: players left.

Add to that they now spawn on top of you invisible while already attacking and can walk through walls and run inside.

Yeah you guys are right this was a great update .... I'm sure this will draw more players to the game.

Add to that they now spawn on top of you invisible while already attacking and can walk through walls and run inside.

Yeah you guys are right this was a great update .... I'm sure this will draw more players to the game.

LOL. People were screaming and mewling for updates even if they were bork, now look at this. 

Devs can't win. 

• Like 3

LOL. People were screaming and mewling for updates even if they were bork, now look at this. 

Devs can't win. 

If the devs listened to every tard on the forums we'd be playing a game without guns where it was impossible to kill anyone or get killed by anything and you would be able to find a helicopter every 5 feet and boxes of guns, ammo, food, drink, and clothes in every house.

• Like 1

If the devs listened to every tard on the forums we'd be playing a game without guns where it was impossible to kill anyone or get killed by anything and you would be able to find a helicopter every 5 feet and boxes of guns, ammo, food, drink, and clothes in every house.

You're right. Also they'd never be able to release any patches at all ever because people will cry about broken things in an alpha like you and a few others are.

I don't have any problems with invis zeds. If I hear them and don't see them, you know what I do? Run, swing the axe a few times randomly and kill them. Work within the parameters given if you want to enjoy the game while testing.

You are testing this game. Say it with me. 

Cant wait to play it, excited to have other stuff to worry about then rooftop mosiners....

• Like 2

I am somewhat glad to see that Zombs are a threat now. Does anyone have any experience on how they react in running vs. sneaking?

I mean will they actually not notice you if you sneak / it's dark and so on?

I'd love to have a link on how Zombies "see" and "hear" us in the SA, and how we can gauge their reaction since we have no visual indicators like the mod had.

From what I've played and read so far, they are a bit too close respawning, yes, but also I think they shouldn't be already aggroed at you. Doesn't really make sense.

Yes, bandages and T-Shirts will be in high demand from now on. I'll start taking orders as soon as base building is ready :-)

Also, I hope at some point they won't be able to just enter any house if the door is closed / locked, but they should linger for a while. 5 Zombies outside and you're out of food or water... what do you do without a weapon?

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

You're right. Also they'd never be able to release any patches at all ever because people will cry about broken things in an alpha like you and a few others are.

I don't have any problems with invis zeds. If I hear them and don't see them, you know what I do? Run, swing the axe a few times randomly and kill them. Work within the parameters given if you want to enjoy the game while testing.

You are testing this game. Say it with me. 

Yeah people should be like you and just ignore bugs and avoid them instead of bringing them to the devs attention. You aren't playing a finished flawless game there are bugs involved in testing. You are supposed to report those bugs not ignore them and "work within the parameters given".

• Like 1

Yeah people should be like you and just ignore bugs and avoid them instead of bringing them to the devs attention. You aren't playing a finished flawless game there are bugs involved in testing. You are supposed to report those bugs not ignore them and "work within the parameters given".

Exactly! You report the bug, and continue playing or not until it's fixed. Not bitch and moan and say 'lolz u'll get a lot of players like that loll'.

On topic, zombies! Yeah, them zombies. Love em.

Edited by Amias Free

People had a couple weeks to learn about this update in experimental....I really can't understand why people didn't pop over there and at least check it out...instead of acting all surprised and start complaining about how it'll ruin the game.  Put your freakin' gun away and use the axe and if you don't want to do that...the Z's will have you for lunch.  

Think I posted a response to someone who posted this weekend about someone who said it's can't be that big of a deal to just shoot them. I quote again  "Go into the experimental once, visit a large city and shoot 1 Z and then come back and tell us how easy it was!"  

Yeah, I think the OK Corral days are finally over! 

• Like 2

Nothing is harder about the zeds...None stop spawning zeds in a barren field is hard on immersion though...

Edited by RyBo

Zombies are not a threat, they are an annoyance. You'd have to be completely fresh or half-afk to die to them, the issues currently are:

1) they respawn right on top of you with almost no delay.

This Kills immersion, gives away player locations, prevents stealth being a factor in gameplay.

2) they aggro through solid objects and can see you hidden in a tree, prone 400 meters away without a single problem.

Obviously, there's no point attempting stealth around zombies on the current patch and their aggro will give your location away to players.

3)They still ghost through walls.

Obvious why this is an issue.

4)With the latency & desync issues currently plaguing this patch, it's entirely possible to be hit by a zombie that is entirely invisible on your client, till suddenly the client gets updated and the zombie is beating on your chest.

5) look at a zombie through optics (at least with LRS) and they'll aggro you, even if their back is turned.

Right now, the zombies are not adding threat to the game, they're just a pain in the ass stopping you playing it. The only tactic that current works for raiding a town with zombie spawns is to leroy jenkins your way through at full speed, train the whole bloody lot and then try to outrun them while grabbing any loot you spot. Which is outright retarded.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1

I'm all for zombies becoming more of a threat but I'm not sure this was the answer. They seem to spawn at an increasing rate as you kill them. It's like they are warping to your location from another realm. I was with two friends and they were almost spawning faster we could shoot them. Though I am pleased the actually do damage now. Got hit by one and it made me bleed and broke my arms and legs in one hit lol

Funny story.. Trying to loot the tents in Stary Sobor in the mod, and zombies kept coming, and coming, and coming.. my friend fired off a DMR to deal with one, and we got swarmed, and backed into a red brick house.. I pulled out my MK Mod 0 and plowed through probably 50 zombies, and the house actually came tumbling down with all of the zombies due to the damage from the MK Mod.. I'll never forget that shit. There were SO many zeds. I actually ran through an entire MK Mod 100 round magazine and they still kept coming. Had to bail out of the ruined house and run for my truck.

Ever pop a smoke grenade indoors in the mod? 

Hilarious.

I did in the industrial building near the North barracks. Entire structure collapsed around me and stuck me in a corner that zombies could access and I couldn't vault out of. Burnt through my entire stash of  M4 ammo - all sidearm and finally succumbed swinging my axe wildly.

lol

Cheer up nubs - this kind of patch is what legends are made of.

Edited by AryanBoogeyman
  • Like 1

They broke your arms AND your legs? And you survived being unable to outrun them? Uhm... wow...? *gets scared of Zambies just a liiiittle bit more*

You go ahead and laugh... But did you play the Vanilla Mod shortly before the alpha came out?

They introduced a patch that made the zeds very deadly. The result was swift and simple: players left.

lol

Good. There are more than enough brain-dead FPS games out there to satisfy the ADD crowd.

These kinds of challenges are more in line with the "anti-game" Rocket has promised for a long time. It should be life and death to loot a major city while firing your fucking weapon.

No more of this COD horseshit. It was old a long time ago.

Bring it on Rocket and Company. Turn up the difficulty on this bitch.

• Like 4

lol

Good. There are more than enough brain-dead FPS games out there to satisfy the ADD crowd.

These kinds of challenges are more in line with the "anti-game" Rocket has promised for a long time. It should be life and death to loot a major city while firing your fucking weapon.

No more of this COD horseshit. It was old a long time ago.

Bring it on Rocket and Company. Turn up the difficulty on this bitch.

The current mess that is zombie implementation does nothing but make this game more of a casual, boring shooter with a jogging simulator built in.

Well, I got hit by lagging / invisible zombies 4 times in a row. From then on out it's all bandaging, trying to loot... and that's not happening because the connection failed or the session timed out...

I'm starting to worry here, guys...

the annoying thing about it is when you kill a zombie another one spawns in its place. this could happen a number of times

the annoying thing about it is when you kill a zombie another one spawns in its place. this could happen a number of times

OMG. The zobmies is serva hoppinz. We all gon dies.

• Like 2

Finally the game is getting away from just TDM on the coast and more towards a survival with zombies and players both being a threat. Now to see how they tweak the zeds to be a bit cleaning in spawning/movement. Also I love all the people crying because they have to fight zeds instead of just killing players with full gear and lots of ammo.

I'm all for zombies becoming more of a threat but I'm not sure this was the answer. They seem to spawn at an increasing rate as you kill them. It's like they are warping to your location from another realm. I was with two friends and they were almost spawning faster we could shoot them. Though I am pleased the actually do damage now. Got hit by one and it made me bleed and broke my arms and legs in one hit lol

There's your problem. Guns awaken the horde. Though, if you're far away enough it won't aggro any. Like, farthest possible range with LSR'd mosin. Tested out my sniping skills earlier from the outskirts of Lopatino.

Think though, in a real zombie apocalypse on an island that had thousands of inhabitants, firing a gun would  be a death sentence. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I had more fun in the game last night than I have in a while. Sure I was cursing and getting annoyed at the lag and constant zombie zerg.

I went through tons of ammo, tons of bandages, bled like a stuck pig and ran like a little girl. But what lols were had.

Seeing a guy try to sneak up on us at an airfield, only to be swarmed by zombies and then hearing his gunshots for the next 15 mins as he ran, shot, ran, shot, trying to get away from them :)  (and then run out of bullets and switch to handgun, hahahaha).

Yes, it will be nice when the glitching and lag is fixed.....and TBH last night I kept thinking that it was only recently that I wished for much harder zombies. hahahahaha stupid me :) but I am sure it will be righted soon enough. meanwhile the game has a new exciting element that Im happy to learn to exploit to my advantage.

I am definitely regretting listening to the bloody medics that told me to throw out all my alcohol tincture, painkillers, antibiotics, etc. Threw a whole bunch out just the other day :(

Now, I have noticed that sneaking doesn't seem to help with the Z respawn and targeting. I tried using axe and sneaky sneaky around last night but they still managed to swarm me.

Oh also I think this has been mentioned....but saline bags don't appear to work.

The biggest problem I have presently is trying to log out amidst the hordes of zombie attackers. It will be interesting to see if I log in dead next time I play.

Overall....thank you Devs, I like this change :)

That you don't read something you quote and actually just repeat what already is stated there (yes, the part that starts with the "Edit:") in an answer to a quote is a new level of ignorance.

Also, one more time, the steps of DayZ development:

• DayZ Early Access Alpha: Feature development, during which the vast majority of major bugs are created/occur.
  • DayZ Early Access Beta: Content development, during which the "meat on the bones" is added to the title, alongside the beginnings of major bug fixing surrounding issues created during the feature development of alpha.
  • DayZ Early Access RC (Final Beta stages): Bug Fix, optimization, and balancing. During which the stone is polished, until the DayZ dev team feels the title is ready to go live.

Which means: Bugs occur now and are created now (yes, this includes the Z wall glitch and the spawn out of thin air) but are not immedeately fixed, because the main focus is the development of teh core mechanics not bugfixing, except for really gamebreaking bugs (Memory leak, CTDs etc.) Deal with it or come back when DayZ hits Beta.

YES!

Yeah, also my experience from the exp. servrs. But it has become a little bit harder to survive. And that is goooood.

YES!

Yep, but the bug is, that you don't auto-raise it when you have it lowered and click, the state that you have to put it in "attack" mode before swinging will stay.

So it's on the same level with guns (lowered stance - attack stance) for melee now. But is has been stated that this is  known already and that it will be dealt with.

Are you seriously saying that the devs had to add a new way for zombies to spawn............ In a way that will never be acceptable in the final game...... while the collision is broken.......... In order to test and for development?     Well guess what, They will learn nothing from broken zombies.    If they claim they are testing server load, thats ridiculous.   Competent gaming engineers should already know how the game and network architecture will handle what they can think of adding into the game.     Thats why we have fucking math.

• Like 1