LaughingJack (DayZ)

It has happened...

Because it takes more competence and talent to patch with a working core and working AI.

sorry guys, we are truly fucked in expecting Dayz to ever be completed.

So far AI is already in a state to outplay a human using the same tactics they are capable of. But they usually dumb them down so players don't get whacked playing CoD or BF so they are entertained and have fun. The Ai worked well for the purposes ArmA was designed for and they also went through some walls. DayZ was designed with melee zeds in mind which the game wasn't capable of and thanks to the "military pathfinding" they had to make the zeds ridiculously fast so they would at least reach the player. Of course it looks stupid if someone runs to you in FF and you can barely hit him. If they had made them normal speed thee zeds would have been a joke and then there will be players complaining about it. Devs and modders can never satisfy everyone because there will always be one person complaining.

Thank you for this useless comment that really brought nothing to this discussion.

Just asking out of curiosity: Who are you to judge the devs and their abilities?

Sounds like you got insight, which I highly doubt ;)

Wasn't that useless imo, if you experienced the whole series ( OFP, ArmA1, ArmA 2, DayZ mod, ArmA 3, DayZ SA ) you should have a rough knowledge of what they are capable of....and tell you ine thing...you will have to be patient with BIS.

But the zombies are so fucking broken, that lets say the team makes adjustments to the game based on what they see now........ And then later, they fix the zombie collision and zombie AI........ Isnt that going to create all new fucking problems?   How can they test the game with poorly implemented and completely broken zombies?

test something until it breaks, redo, test again...they are testing some things right now with those amounts of zombies. If you can't see it it's your problem.

• Like 1

i love it 

last night was the first time since 60 hours of playing that i almost used up my bandages 

yehaw !

looting nwaf alone means crawling on the floor for one hour or u can forget it .

Last night me and a friend had the most fun we've ever had on DayZ SA thanks to the mental zombie tidal wave that came after us!

It's like the madness of the mod again, zombies are something to fear and it prevents people sitting on their fav hill shooting new spawns.

Beautiful!!

Ok I have done my Dayz trip for today. Result was two lost characters cause lost session, damn. But now I know that Laughing Jack was right.

So I respawned to three valleys and headed to inland at Mcta there was only one zombie but I did not have gun.

Next I arrived to Staroye and find sks from police station and other stuff too. There was only one zombie too.

First I beat it with baseball bat and check out for respawn Z. Nothing, so I continue my looting and after minute one zombie spots me.

I beat it too with bat and wait. I see one zombie spawn into field but no agressive.

This one I shoot and after that respawning time of that zombie accelerates and its aggressive from start.

I did shoot this one zombie few times but then I wanted to move on and just run away.

I think this is good system, now I can not just go into town and think that I kill zombies and loot with peace.

Now its loot and run or run and loot, when you are alone. I just hope more zombies cause one in village is not enough.

• Like 2

simple as this: don't shoot them, whack them upside the head with an axe. Problem solved, less spawn if you don't shoot. The best part about the spawning is KoS'ers and campers and what not wont just be able to run around all willy nilly and actually have to pay attention to the zeds instead of just shooting people for no reason.

• Like 1

Ok I have done my Dayz trip for today. Result was two lost characters cause lost session, damn. But now I know that Laughing Jack was right.

So I respawned to three valleys and headed to inland at Mcta there was only one zombie but I did not have gun.

Next I arrived to Staroye and find sks from police station and other stuff too. There was only one zombie too.

First I beat it with baseball bat and check out for respawn Z. Nothing, so I continue my looting and after minute one zombie spots me.

I beat it too with bat and wait. I see one zombie spawn into field but no agressive.

This one I shoot and after that respawning time of that zombie accelerates and its aggressive from start.

I did shoot this one zombie few times but then I wanted to move on and just run away.

I think this is good system, now I can not just go into town and think that I kill zombies and loot with peace.

Now its loot and run or run and loot, when you are alone. I just hope more zombies cause one in village is not enough.

Thanks a bunch for testing out and sharing the results, highly appreciated :) *throws beans at you* (as soon as physics work ;))

Plans for the other test (you know: the 2 player thing: one hoots at one end of the city, while the other one comes from the other end and loots the now Z-free part) ?

Would test it myself but I just can't join a server bugwise...

Edited by LaughingJack

Thx for beans.

Ofc I would love to do that test too but first I have to find random friendly survivor with scientific mind, cause 90% of time I am alone.

But I did not tell all my trip in my last message cause I did flanking test in Polana.

First it looked like peaceful town but I was aware that it is not true. So I was able to loot first houses and shop with no problem.

Then one zombie saw me and started to chase me but I only made around those big houses and continued to loot but I was not sure where 

bastard was so I came back to street. And now there was three zombies. Well I took run to east hill and leave them out of line of sight.

Then I did go to tree line and back down to Polana but damn that was side I had allready looted so I test to shoot in air to attract those in other side but after that shot I was not able to flank them cause they followed me more aggressively.

Or that is what I felt. So if you try to do that test where other one shoots, he have to be ready to run more or fight with zombies, I think.

Well I logged out at west side of Berezino and next time when I log in I hope that there is other people so I can watch this new zombie action from different point. 

• Like 2

@windowlicker: Yeah switched to stable from exp to look how the update on stable would differ from the one on exp...bad move ;)

On exp the # of zeds was smaller from what i've seen...

@Fry: Very interesting ;) When the hotfix works i'll try out some things to see how far I can play with the Zeds ;)

Oh sweet merciful god. I cannot believe that first quote.

"You can't be in a firefight because you need someone to kill zombies and that gives away your position"

Lets dissect this shall we? This person is angry because he can't have military style firefights against  players because there are too many zombies. Oh why, oh why, oh jesus' tits why? MILITARY STYLE FIREFIGHTS ARE NOT THE POINT OF DAYZ. It's about zombies, that's what the Z stands for in the title!!

There are other games which let you shoot people. Go play those. People mistaking Day z for a completely different game than what it is are the people who are destroying it.

• Like 1

LOL, I just read this thread from start to finish and it's on the 7th page and is still readable, must be something wrong.

Edit: LOL at people finding the new zombie system "too unrealistic" "too hard" or any of that other crap, shooting a gun is now something people need to consider before doing, when this first hit experimental I had a few hard lessons and initially burned through a lot of bandages.  This also adds to the aspects of looting where it's not a simple matter of kill infected and loot the place, now it's kill the infected and loot carefully and remain aware of your surroundings.  If you want a dull game that barely registers as fun or challenging and feels like a second job more then anything there is plenty of MMO's out there.

Nobody is claiming it's too realistic or too hard, we're claiming it's too unrealistic and encourages "stupid" gameplay styles.

All of which is true.

You can't "stealth" around zombies currently, they can see you clear as day from 200 meters, while you're prone, with a building in the way. Silently killing them is useless, as they respawn right away in the same area and just aggro you again.

So, what do people do? they ignore zombies. They run as fast as they can with no concern for stealth through a town, grabbing what they can, it's not like anyone will sneak up on you  even if you're making no effort to stay hidden simply because you'll see the zombies aggroing another player even if he's completely out of sight.

If you think this makes the game any harder, then you're kidding yourself. It doesn't, in fact it kills alot of the more skillful elements of playing this game.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

It's about zombies, that's what the Z stands for in the title!!

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Z stands for Zero.  Day Zero

• Like 1

Yep this game doesn't even have zombies the people are still alive just infected.

I Love the new update! LOVE IT! Zombies are tough! Finally we have zombies in dayz that are not a pain in the backside! No longer super easy vs zombies, keep up the good work devs! Me and my buddies have had a blast with the new updaet! Its now not just PvP or just surviving, you have to fight vs the ai now! Love seeing groups of zombies running down a hill coming after us after we took out 5-6 of them.

People who think its to hard need to go play the mod on servers with tons of cars,etc... or go play WarZ where the zombies are very weak and a non factor (as dayz has been until now).

Edited by kozzy

I Love the new update! LOVE IT! Zombies are tough! Finally we have zombies in dayz that are not a pain in the backside! No longer super easy vs zombies, keep up the good work devs! Me and my buddies have had a blast with the new updaet! Its now not just PvP or just surviving, you have to fight vs the ai now! Love seeing groups of zombies running down a hill coming after us after we took out 5-6 of them.

People who think its to hard need to go play the mod on servers with tons of cars,etc... or go play WarZ where the zombies are very weak and a non factor (as dayz has been until now).

Again, the complaint isn't that it's hard. Zombies are still easy, but they're so broken in implementation that it kills many gameplay styles, like stealth for example.

How is that hard to get your head around?

Zombies are still easy. They're just poorly implemented and a pain in the ass.

They are only a threat because you kill one and then it spawns back perhaps in the same spot it died in. Then it knows where you were if you killed it with a gun and aggro right as it spawns. I have killed 2-3 zombies and watched them spawn and then aggro on me seconds later. Its not that its difficult to fight just an annoying bug really or shallow mechanic. The zombies having no clip,spawning in front of your eyes,and the new melee system which is a bit clunky you have people seeing zombies as a threat. Its not good design that made them hard its flawed and bad game play and mechanics that made them a threat. There is a difference because one is intentional while the other is by programming jenga. 

Issues with current zombie implementation:

1. They have no clip and can ignore map and building geometry.

2. They can see players through geometry and at great distance.

3. They spawn as fast as you kill them sometimes a matter of feet from where you just killed them.

4.They retain aggro as they spawn so you have a zombie that has knowledge of where you are after many deaths and it will keep coming back to attack you.

5.The zombies a too few and they don't work correctly at all.

Edited by Canned Muffins
  • Like 1

They are only a threat because you kill one and then it spawns back perhaps in the same spot it died in. Then it knows where you were if you killed it with a gun and aggro right as it spawns. I have killed 2-3 zombies and watched them spawn and then aggro on me seconds later. Its not that its difficult to fight just an annoying bug really or shallow mechanic. The zombies having no clip,spawning in front of your eyes,and the new melee system which is a bit clunky you have people seeing zombies as a threat. Its not good design that made them hard its flawed and bad game play and mechanics that made them a threat. There is a difference because one is intentional while the other is by programming jenga. 

Finally! Atleast this guy gets it. I'm glad someone does. Have some bloody beans sir.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

Again, the complaint isn't that it's hard. Zombies are still easy, but they're so broken in implementation that it kills many gameplay styles, like stealth for example.

How is that hard to get your head around?

Zombies are still easy. They're just poorly implemented and a pain in the ass.

What don't people get about this. They didn't even change the zombies just where they aim and they now respawn. You can still just run circles around their retarded AI without even using sprint with no problem. They just took a giant leap back to the horrible [oh look zombies spawning and aggroing right there so 100% chance of a player being there] shit from the mod. On top of the fact that they can also be invisible and run through walls while spawning right on top of you already aggroed is just icing on the turd sandwich.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

What don't people get about this. They didn't even change the zombies just where they aim and they now respawn. You can still just run circles around their retarded AI without even using sprint with no problem. They just took a giant leap back to the horrible [oh look zombies spawning and aggroing right there so 100% chance of a player being there] shit from the mod. On top of the fact that they can also be invisible and run through walls while spawning right on top of you already aggroed is just icing on the turd sandwich.

Yep. It needs fixing, obviously.

ohhh, mad beanz are gettin handed out on this thread lol.

As fuckin' funny as it is. Theyre more QQ'in about the difficulty of the glitchy spawns.. Which is understandable..

But hey, theres a first for everything right?

BiS release patch nao or you suxz0rz!!!!!

BiS, why'd you release such a stupid patch!!!! (rage, drool, pant,pant)

Really? uh that's a bit of a disappointment.

Well then Day Zero has to stand for the apocalypse then. Zombie apocalypse. Anyway, my point is that this game is not a military simulator, it's parent is. If that is what you want in a game then you would be foolish to buy Day Z, as would the developers to pander to people who are complaining about the zombies right now.

• Like 3

as would the developers to pander to people who are complaining about the zombies right now.

Oh look one of those "literally nothing the developers do could possibly be wrong" people that are so great for the gaming industry and who the creator of the game loves so much. People like you are the reason Dean Hall almost quit the game development industry. The devs themselves have already acknowledged they are terrible broken and are coming out with a hotfix tomorrow yet you're still here acting like they are perfect and not bugged at all.

Edited by Weedz