maxotaur

I was killed by zombies

Me and my friend (who hadn't played since the game came out) met me in berzino and we met up in a field, i gave him a mosin with 20 bullets, i had an SKS, and an AMPHIBIA S pistol, and we were swarmed by zombies, so much so that when we were bleeding, we needed to cover eachother so that we could bandage, but they wouldnt stop!!!! they kept coming and we kept getting bloodied up nd having to rip up more of our clothes to try bandage but we ran as far as we could!! and you know what!! they kept COMING, jumping at us through trees and coming from all angles, my friend actually passed out and they ate him!! when he passed out, i sat chambering my pissy pistol firing 1 shot at a time which didnt even kill any due to how weak the gun is! for the first time ever i was defenceless, after wasting all of my ammo, so i whopped out my axe and started hacking them to death but i ended up just getting wasted my self trying to protect him before he died.

I must say, a very differn't experience.

• Like 14

That....doesnt sound like much fun at all lol

Im staying away from this patch, until fixed that is..  Ive heard too many bad things and im not even going to go and aggrevate myself testing them.

So you can't even play the game even if you start fully geared ... yep sounds great!

Don't ring the dinner bell near a city. Oh, and by the way, every gun is now the dinner bell. You has been warned, yo.

• Like 6

ya the bugs are pretty bad atm...getting hit once by a zombie and bleeding is so messed up but what causes the new respawn zombies to converge on your position like psychopaths is cause they can hear bullets from so far away they just keep respawning and coming at you i even seen one spawn out of the ocean i hope hotfix deals with this or something.

Edited by baird

ya the bugs are pretty bad atm...getting hit once by a zombie and bleeding is so messed up but what causes the new respawn zombies to converge on your position like psychopaths is cause they can hear bullets from so far away they just keep respawning and coming at you i even seen one spawn out of the ocean i hope hotfix deals with this or something.

OMG I'm bleeding how will I ever stop it and regain my blood..

Or you could just not get hit by zombies either by killing the first or by not aggro'ing them.

I prefer tough zombies thanks, the patch seems awesome to me 8)

Agreed, only played for a few minutes but it seems like an improvement to me contradictory to what a lot of people seem to think.

• Like 10

Yeah I like how the zombies are now since the patch, now if they fix it so they don't run through walls/doors that would be great, the bleeding on the first hit is annoying but, it actually forces you to keep more than 6 rags on you, lol...

People used to laugh at how the zombies weren't a threat at all, and all you had to do is run past them, now that they are as they should be, everyone is crying more than it rains in this game, lol...

Who would have thought, a post-apoc zombie survival game, having zombies that pose a threat so you have to worry about them, and fight to survive???

• Like 7

Agreed, only played for a few minutes but it seems like an improvement to me contradictory to what a lot of people seem to think.

"I only played a few minutes so all the people who've put hours into this patch and actually experienced the bugs are wrong and don't know what they're talking about"

Who would have thought, a post-apoc zombie survival game, having zombies that pose a threat so you have to worry about them, and fight to survive???

Posing a threat because they are well designed and have good AI is far different then posing a threat because they are horribly broken and can be invisible, run through walls, and aggro to you instantly even if they spawn 500M away. But I guess if you're a fan of immersion shattering game breaking bugs than this patch is awesome ...

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

"I only played a few minutes so all the people who've put hours into this patch and actually experienced the bugs are wrong and don't know what they're talking about"

I think you misread/misunderstood my comment.  

I do know there are bugs.  

The amount of people failing the loading simulator seems to attest to that.  But everyone saying this patch is laggy as hell and unplayable.. Well I played it so that is clearly false.

I think you misread/misunderstood my comment.  

I do know there are bugs.  

The amount of people failing the loading simulator seems to attest to that.  But everyone saying this patch is laggy as hell and unplayable.. Well I played it so that is clearly false.

Oh sorry I didn't know you were Captain Assumption and your super power is now matter how wrong any assumption you've come to from a few minutes of experience is actually a fact.

I think I'll take the word of the few thousand people having problems and the game's own developers who already announced a hotfix over you.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 3

Oh sorry I didn't know you were Captain Assumption and your super power is now matter how wrong any assumption you've come to from a few minutes of experience is actually a fact.

I think I'll take the word of the few thousand people having problems and the game's own developers who already announced a hotfix over you.

Huh?  Again, I think you are misreading/misunderstanding my comments.

I just said I know there are bugs for the same reasons you just listed.

My opinion of the patch is that it is forward progress for the alpha.  That is all.  Never said you had to agree with me.

Next time use your axe from the start. They'll die much faster, and you don't have to worry about actually being 'defenseless' while reloading.

• Like 3

Use your axe. I have been doing good by sneaking up on zombies and killing them with my axe. I haven't been swarmed yet. :)

Posing a threat because they are well designed and have good AI is far different then posing a threat because they are horribly broken and can be invisible, run through walls, and aggro to you instantly even if they spawn 500M away. But I guess if you're a fan of immersion shattering game breaking bugs than this patch is awesome ...

dude I was playing with these zeds on experimental when they were patched in - I was so excited that they were coming to stable and my stable char would have a chance at em - now she does, I'm so happy - if you can't hack it, get some friends to help you and if they can't hack it, get some fucking better friends. I run solo and carry BANDAGES and an AXE - don't be a whiny child because "mommy the zombie bit me..." the majority of zed complaints were "they are too easy..." now you assholes think they are too hard?? its the APOCALYPSE it's not supposed to be easy.

• Like 2

dude I was playing with these zeds on experimental when they were patched in - I was so excited that they were coming to stable and my stable char would have a chance at em - now she does, I'm so happy - if you can't hack it, get some friends to help you and if they can't hack it, get some fucking better friends. I run solo and carry BANDAGES and an AXE - don't be a whiny child because "mommy the zombie bit me..." the majority of zed complaints were "they are too easy..." now you assholes think they are too hard?? its the APOCALYPSE it's not supposed to be easy.

If you actually bothered to read any post you would see that literally nobody is complaining about them now being "hard". People are complaining about them being bugged spawning invisible on top of you with the ability to go through walls and aggroing from 10 miles away the instant they spawn. If anything you're the one crying about imaginary posts people aren't making. On top of this 1/2 the people who bought the game can't even connect to any server and another few thousand can't stay connected even if they get in.

I can see why you have to run solo ...

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 4

If you actually bothered to read any post you would see that literally nobody is complaining about them now being "hard". People are complaining about them being bugged spawning invisible on top of you with the ability to go through walls and aggroing from 10 miles away the instant they spawn. If anything you're the one crying about imaginary posts people aren't making. On top of this 1/2 the people who bought the game can't even connect to any server and another few thousand can't stay connected even if they get in.

I can see why you have to run solo ...

hahahaha I don't HAVE to run solo - thanks to peeps like you I CHOOSE to run solo. and had you been reading in GD... I have never seen so many complaints about how hard the zeds are now. buncha fuckin babies. as for the connection issues... hotfix by morning. oh and I aint crying, I'm bitchin. I'm so sick of whiners that can't seem to rise to a small challenge and come here and cry about their ineptitude - you probably have a small dick too.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 3

I wouldn't have a problem with the new zombie changes if they didn't slide underground and hit you through walls. It's more an nuisance than anything else getting one-slapped into bleeding in glitchy ways. Every time you think you've got rid of that one glitchy zombie another one does that little grunt towards you and you are just sitting thinking "fucking hell"

I do like that they are making a more noticable appearance again, it's just I think the cons currently outweight the benefits.

• Like 1

hahahaha I don't HAVE to run solo - thanks to peeps like you I CHOOSE to run solo. and had you been reading in GD... I have never seen so many complaints about how hard the zeds are now. buncha fuckin babies. as for the connection issues... hotfix by morning. oh and I aint crying, I'm bitchin. I'm so sick of whiners that can't seem to rise to a small challenge and come here and cry about their ineptitude - you probably have a small dick too.

Oh sorry I didn't know you were 12. I'll just put you on the ignore list now; have a nice life "running solo" because of your splendid personality drove any form of friend you ever had away ... oh sorry I mean because "you choose to".

• Like 2

Oh sorry I didn't know you were 12. I'll just put you on the ignore list now; have a nice life "running solo" because of your splendid personality drove any form of friend you ever had away ... oh sorry I mean because "you choose to".

really, that's what you come back with?? instant ignore because you can't hack in the new world, how mature. new zed behavior interfering with your banditry I guess. anyway I'm too old to be stayin up all night, I have housewife shit to do in the morning.

• Like 3

You seem to not know much, including how pathetic you're being.

• Like 4

OP: Cool story bro (seriously).  I had a similar experience today trying out this patch.

First I should mention, everything seems smoother and the network feels crisp most of the time.  Don't know if anyone else feels a difference.

I read about the zombies new behavior here first.  Then I decided to check it out....

What I've noticed is that they will spawn randomly in a circle around you at roughly 50 to 100 yards and auto-aggro you.  Needless to say, the only reason I survived today is due to the expenditure of ammunition.  I had a close call, was beaten pretty badly when a few caught me.  Trying to pull out my FNX glitched and delayed (noticed problems drawing a pistol since patch).  But they put a whoopin' on me that had me nervous about a zombie death for the first time in months.

So definitely not a bad approach to making zombies challenging and a KoS deterrent (this happens by default).  With this current implementation, if you aggro a zed you must flee to stop them.  You will have to get a good distance out of town and kill all the zeds tailing you to cease them from spawning.

The zombie pathing seems tweaked but not fixed.  They seem to try and go around buildings instead of through them.  But I have still seen them completely bypass fences and the like.

I imagine this will be very difficult for new spawns. 

• Like 1

Yeah I like how the zombies are now since the patch, now if they fix it so they don't run through walls/doors that would be great, the bleeding on the first hit is annoying but, it actually forces you to keep more than 6 rags on you, lol...

People used to laugh at how the zombies weren't a threat at all, and all you had to do is run past them, now that they are as they should be, everyone is crying more than it rains in this game, lol...

I'm all for harder zombies. What I'm not all for:

• Zombies that spawn out of thin air (DayZ strives for realism in most every way. This seems counter-productive. At least add some corpses here and there that might rise up if disturbed)
  • Zombies can still walk through walls (Combined with a potentially infinite spawn rate, this is bad design regardless of whether or not they have finally assigned a team to this specific issue)
  • Zombies will now follow you up most sets of stairs, physically blocking you in a hallway leaving you to wrestle with the newly implemented even clunkier melee system
  • Zombies will also spawn when melee weapons are used, not just guns. (I was forced to contend with a dozen or more zombies simply wielding my axe in Balota earlier. They just kept coming)

I'd rather they be faster or hit harder than the current implementation. I really like the idea of zombie hordes, I've even suggested it here before. At this point though, I rescind that statement. :3

• Like 5

I'm all for harder zombies. What I'm not all for:

• Zombies that spawn out of thin air (DayZ strives for realism in most every way. This seems counter-productive. At least add some corpses here and there that might rise up if disturbed)
  • Zombies can still walk through walls (Combined with a potentially infinite spawn rate, this is bad design regardless of whether or not they have finally assigned a team to this specific issue)
  • Zombies will now follow you up most sets of stairs, physically blocking you in a hallway leaving you to wrestle with the newly implemented even clunkier melee system
  • Zombies will also spawn when melee weapons are used, not just guns. (I was forced to contend with a dozen or more zombies simply wielding my axe in Balota earlier. They just kept coming)

I'd rather they be faster or hit harder than the current implementation. I really like the idea of zombie hordes, I've even suggested it here before. At this point though, I rescind that statement. :3

I agree on every point you made.  If they remedy those issues, then obviously it would be at least fair.

You should be rewarded for stealth, IE crawling and using melee weapons.  So if the auto-aggro-non-stop-circle-spawn kicks in even for melee, that isn't very fair to me.  Having said all of that, I love the zombies now.  An excuse to expend some ammunition.  However I'm fairly geared.  I would think this system would totally bite ass for a newspawn.

EDIT:  I also thought I heard a while back that hordes were planned?  I'd really like to see that happen.

Edited by Bakercompany86