Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I dont know what people are complaining about, this game is waaay to much fun lol.
The only thing that really gets me down more than a death is the running from end to end that has to be done occasionally.

Edited by ZhadowZ

i just found a test server version 0.44.123800

but now the experimental version is 0.44.116358

update incoming?

Having a different version in internal testing is quite normal and frequent, it doesn't mean much for us.

Maybe is similar to the experimental update that we should see soon, anyway. Nobody knows :)

Cool i actually played experimental for a a few hours yesterday it actually seemed realy stable to me just that it always deleted my char after a server restart got on my nervs lol but otherwise pretty good and fluid gameplay.

I actually find the game very playable at the moment the only thing we I personaly need is Persistant Objects now! i want to start hoarding! :)

Doesen't matter if we get tents, bagpacks or fridges in houses where we can store our stuff!

Cool i actually played experimental for a a few hours yesterday it actually seemed realy stable to me just that it always deleted my char after a server restart got on my nervs lol but otherwise pretty good and fluid gameplay.

I actually find the game very playable at the moment the only thing we I personaly need is Persistant Objects now! i want to start hoarding! :)

Doesen't matter if we get tents, bagpacks or fridges in houses where we can store our stuff!

Can't wait to hunt for people's stashes, and also be paranoid someone is coming for mine.

• Like 1

Can't wait to hunt for people's stashes, and also be paranoid someone is coming for mine.

Thats actually exactly the thing I always used to do in the mod! remember the times where you had to hide your tents in the trees and you always had to be afraid that any chopper wich flew through might have seen your stash! :D

I miss hoarding :D

• Like 1

Yes, that will be fun, again!

I can't wait too, but unless they make us an incredible surprise, persistant objects won't come soon, but soon :)

We'll have to wait, fire & cooking will be our first amusement!

Yes, that will be fun, again!

I can't wait too, but unless they make us an incredible surprise, persistant objects won't come soon, but soon :)

We'll have to wait, fire & cooking will be our first amusement!

Woulden't fireplaces actually be persistent objects? i mean because you will be able to upgrade them to oven will they just disapear after a server restart? That would be not so cool!^^

I think they are waiting to make headway on that whole "guaranteed messaging" thing they've been talking about before anything persistent can be introduced to the game.

I think they are waiting to make headway on that whole "guaranteed messaging" thing they've been talking about before anything persistent can be introduced to the game.

Oh yeah right! i forgot about that! well let's hope they'll get it done sooner or later

Does anyone have any insight on this:

I just checked the server browser and all 4 of the DE EXP servers have the words Accel. Time / "Springfield" or "Durango" in the title and under time it says "etm24.00000"

Has this been like this for long or is it new. I haven't messed with the EXP servers for like a week now.

Does anyone have any insight on this:

I just checked the server browser and all 4 of the DE EXP servers have the words Accel. Time / "Springfield" or "Durango" in the title and under time it says "etm24.00000"

Has this been like this for long or is it new. I haven't messed with the EXP servers for like a week now.

The Accel. Time  has been there since a few days but i did not see Springfield and Durango but maybe i just did not notice it.

Now look at this and think for yourselves.

Some dude is posting here what Dean has posted on Twitter

Here, on official forums of the game

Is there going to be any announcement to this? :D

I am willing to wait for updates as long as needed but I must say this is so lame to post it on twitter and simply ignore the forums lol

• Like 3

Only been 10 minutes and already complaining. If this wasn't the DayZ forum I might be surprised :)

1. @Shandog1079 on experimental mouse acceleration has been removed and mouse controls completely redone

Note: if you see "net msg" in experimental server name, it is using guaranteed messaging updates. We are testing both old and new methods

Expand

Sorry, don't know how to embed.
Edited by Nails

Just played on the 100 person server they had set up:

New mouse controls are awesome. Doesn't even feel like the same game. Makes the game feel like it's running smoother.

Frames seem about the same as before. Wasn't really around other players or cities so couldn't really test all that well.

Throwing things is a bit slow, but works.

Don't know if this is a bug or on purpose, but zombies do not die from one hit from a fire axe anymore. I had to hit them in the head like the machete.

Day/Night cycle is pretty cool, but the 40x they have set on the 100 person server is a bit too fast IMO.

Not sure what benefit the "guaranteed updates" are giving but I had minimal inventory lag and no desync and the server was full with 100 people or near it.

So i was gonna download the exp update so i could throw rotten food at my captives, but thanks to brisbanes internet of late, its downloading at 3kb/s so no exp for me :( wish i knew how to fix this.

Just played on the 100 person server they had set up:

New mouse controls are awesome. Doesn't even feel like the same game. Makes the game feel like it's running smoother.

Frames seem about the same as before. Wasn't really around other players or cities so couldn't really test all that well.

Throwing things is a bit slow, but works.

Don't know if this is a bug or on purpose, but zombies do not die from one hit from a fire axe anymore. I had to hit them in the head like the machete.

Day/Night cycle is pretty cool, but the 40x they have set on the 100 person server is a bit too fast IMO.

Not sure what benefit the "guaranteed updates" are giving but I had minimal inventory lag and no desync and the server was full with 100 people or near it.

Is that on experimental or stable?

Just played a good game. Performance was much better. Far less lag and desync I was playing on 150+ Ping servers too so was expecting to lag right out but nope. Controls felt smoother. 40X day night was much too fast for me. Machette still sux and couldnt figure out how to throw/ do any of the new stuff

Edited by JasonB