Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

pls fix the Zombies in the next update - they are too overpowered. Pls lower the damage in weak-system

gracias

pls fix the Zombies in the next update - they are too overpowered. Pls lower the damage in weak-system

gracias

just don't get hit :P :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Yes and I think it would be cooler when the Z's would be like In the Walking Dead or Dead Rising, so that there are many many Z's not a few and they can sprint faster than you, thats not fun i think, i want hordes with hundret of Zombies Walking through the World alertet by Sounds like Gunshots or Lights or Explosions or kind of that stuff, that would be very very cool, because only than you have to interact with other players to help each other and fight against the Z's, because at the moment no Z is a real thread, it would be cool when they trie to bite you or grap with theyr arms and thinks like that like in Dead Rising.

When a Game with a open World and Zombies like that comes out it will be the greatest Zombie Game ever and everybody would play it i believe.

I Think that the Zombies in Breaking Point (Arma 3 Dayz like mod) are mutch more better than the Z's that are currently in the DAYZ SA Alpha....

this is something i agree slow zombies but much of them 

If it's possible to change/modify the nick-names or play with empty name and use different names = it allows you to use cheats more often and away from the AC-system.

When I look at the list of players in DayZ-SA I see, that about ~20 percent of players "Unknown" or  "          ".

This is bad and shitty.

AC-system in BF3 is working good. They should to do the same thing in DayZ-SA.

And... if they caught cheater, next time copy of the game will cost for him $60, 90, 120...

I'm sure that developers will like this method, but not like by cheaters and they will think more carefully I think  :D

The ingame AC-systems should be able to link players to steam accounts. The ingame name iteself is only for us to see, who is an servers. And you can only link them to people that write ingame chat as far as I have seen till now. You don't get a message like "you were killed by hacker666". BF3 AC, see my reply below.

I totaly agree with you. I think I will start a Thread later, where I found websites which are full of hacks for DayZ SA. Maybe the dev's could buy them and if they know how they work they could do something angainst it. Because I met cheaters as well and they definitly destroy the game :/

As I was not able to find a thread started by you yet, I post it here, have been holding it back. The YT video is an interview with a german hack coder, he talks about cheater motivation, technical aspects.... . The video shows cheats in use, I found it highly interesting. It's in german though. The video itself shows several cheats like no recoil, highlighting of other players, even different colors for players that have open view on you. Also interesting is EA's different treatment (according to him) concerning caught premium and regular players, because of different legal situations concerning the two. For me (software development guy) it was highly educational, I never really thought about just how those s****** cheat me ingame. Obvious stuff like seeing through walls and aim bots is one thing. But other things like graphical highlighting of other players, no recoil, ... should be enough to give most players enough of an advantage to almost guaranteedly avoid death and ensuring victory in pvp without really being too obvious - in Dayz.

According to the video BF3 AC systems are actually not that good. At a point he says it's "relatively good compared to Bad Company 2", but I guess in Dayz statistical stuff like kills/minute is not really that useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9OZ7PTgGIk

Edited by bautschi

Are you imitating me?:)

No, just having a laugh

Oh and ministrellis, its hard not to when i get teled into a corner of a house that a zombie is corner trapping me in

Edited by spartan54820

Curious everyone... was there an update on Friday? The version number didn't change but a friend of mine says he saw a 100MB update come across and since then the Infected are relentless, there's a lot of rubber banding, and cities seem more laggy now? I didn't have these issues before Friday? I understand this could be my perception, but I logged over 24 hours of DayZ this weekend on low and high pop servers. Clan servers and the default vilayer/gamerservers.com or whatever it is (like DayZ East, Central and Wests).

Basically, before Friday:

• The game ran smoother and it seems worse in cities now.
  • I had no problems changing weapons.
  • Inventory was more responsive.
  • I had no problems going prone immediately with firearms in my hands (now it seems I need to mash the prone key 5 - 6 times before it decides to prone).
  • Some weapons seem more rare even on fresh started servers (a group of us was on a freshly restarted server, in over an hour there were no other players that joined and we had hit 3 military bases and 2 air fields and did not find a single M4. Before that server restart we had hit the three military bases which were not looted yet.)
  • Rubberbanding has increased tremendously.
  • And Infected really seem to be like people have described them since the initial change. Unrelenting basically and even if you use an axe on them, they now seem to head straight for you after they respawn even though you used a silent weapon.
  • And certain clothing items seem to be harder to find now too...? Don't know if that's been discussed or noticed?

I had none of these issues on hardcore or regular when the new Infected change occurred. But, playing this weekend... wow... definitely the most difficult time playing in a long time.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

The best is to let them run at you and side step out of their way when they lunge, then SMACK em' with the axe, boom, zombie down.  When you have a several, just run in circles, zombies never hit you and you can still swing at them and smack them as you're running in circles.

Curious everyone... was there an update on Friday? The version number didn't change but a friend of mine says he saw a 100MB update come across and since then the Infected are relentless, there's a lot of rubber banding, and cities seem more laggy now? I didn't have these issues before Friday? I understand this could be my perception, but I logged over 24 hours of DayZ this weekend on low and high pop servers. Clan servers and the default vilayer/gamerservers.com or whatever it is (like DayZ East, Central and Wests).

Basically, before Friday:

• The game ran smoother and it seems worse in cities now.
  • I had no problems changing weapons.
  • Inventory was more responsive.
  • I had no problems going prone immediately with firearms in my hands (now it seems I need to mash the prone key 5 - 6 times before it decides to prone).
  • Some weapons seem more rare even on fresh started servers (a group of us was on a freshly restarted server, in over an hour there were no other players that joined and we had hit 3 military bases and 2 air fields and did not find a single M4. Before that server restart we had hit the three military bases which were not looted yet.)
  • Rubberbanding has increased tremendously.
  • And Infected really seem to be like people have described them since the initial change. Unrelenting basically and even if you use an axe on them, they now seem to head straight for you after they respawn even though you used a silent weapon.
  • And certain clothing items seem to be harder to find now too...? Don't know if that's been discussed or noticed?

I had none of these issues on hardcore or regular when the new Infected change occurred. But, playing this weekend... wow... definitely the most difficult time playing in a long time.

I can confirm many of these things. M4 is sooo rare atm and the rubber banding sometimes throws you 20 seconds back in time.

Also jumping is very unresponsive maybe even worse than before... And most importantly there's only daylight even on night only servers. (time cycle broken)

• Like 1

I can confirm many of these things. M4 is sooo rare atm and the rubber banding sometimes throws you 20 seconds back in time.

Also jumping is very unresponsive maybe even worse than before... And most importantly there's only daylight even on night only servers. (time cycle broken)

m4 is not rare i found it like 3 times in aschool

I believe the jumping is related to their new change in how it does collision detection for the vault. Sometimes running directly in front of the thing you're wanting to vault as you're running will do, nothing... that's right. It's the way the client/server now recognizes if you're too close to an object for the vault. I think this is part of the wall glitching solution. Basically, if you're too close to something you can't vault it.

On the flip side, this makes a few bathrooms in the the high-rises in Berezino useless (the ones that have the door caddycorner to the bathtub). You used to be able to get into those... no longer.

Also, I'd want to see if the high-rises that used to be accessible through the elevator shafts and where you had to vault the rubble to get to the roof, whether THOSE are now useless.

Funny how one simple change can affect a lot of different things.

Also, some of the collision detection for humans now makes reaching some spawned items impossible. Similarly with Hardcore... the military barracks, where stuff spawns on top of the lockers, or the lockers in the control tower... inaccessible usually with hardcore mode. Same with items under beds in the barracks. Now, you'll have a PITA time trying to prone to get the items under the bunk beds.

m4 is not rare i found it like 3 times in aschool

Hmmmm... that... just sounds absolutely wrong. However, I'm not doubting you.

I believe the jumping is related to their new change in how it does collision detection for the vault. Sometimes running directly in front of the thing you're wanting to vault as you're running will do, nothing... that's right. It's the way the client/server now recognizes if you're too close to an object for the vault. I think this is part of the wall glitching solution. Basically, if you're too close to something you can't vault it.

On the flip side, this makes a few bathrooms in the the high-rises in Berezino useless (the ones that have the door caddycorner to the bathtub). You used to be able to get into those... no longer.

Also, I'd want to see if the high-rises that used to be accessible through the elevator shafts and where you had to vault the rubble to get to the roof, whether THOSE are now useless.

Also, some of the collision detection for humans now makes reaching some spawned items impossible. Similarly with Hardcore... the military barracks, where stuff spawns on top of the lockers, or the lockers in the control tower... inaccessible usually with hardcore mode. Same with items under beds in the barracks. Now, you'll have a PITA time trying to prone to get the items under the bunk beds.

This new collision thing might affect a lot of things as you listed. Very interesting to see if you actually still can vault over the rubble, prone under beds etc.

The dev team is certainly playing with fire if you know what I mean

Edited by Somestupidusername

I have as well dude.

Is there anything on the experimental at the moment ???????????????

SO, I guess the word is that if you're looking for an M4... look in the schools... lol

Are you guys playing on Regular or on Hardcore? 

I played ~2h on Hardcore yesterday and I haven't got a single lag/des or rubberbanding issue. 

And in my opinion the Zombies should be lowered while the running trough walls is fixxed. Anyways I like them more then before. The only issue in my opinion is if you shoot and nearly 5+ zombies run to ur location that sux for pvp.

Vaulting/jumping is related to the server(as in desynch,lag,response time), from my experience. For example when server is lagging, you will have really hard time to vault. In fact, have you ever tried to vault/jump after server has gone down? You cannot(unless I am doing something completely wrong)

I have had problems with the pu scope a for a while now. Also with m4, regular ring thingy scope. I have only very seldomly had an m4, I really like the sks with scope. Problem the scope is invisible. Also the ring part of the m4 is invisible. I only figured that out, because it was visible on a different server, then I had to switch, after the server went down and did not come back up again, and now I am dual wielding with an sks on my back and an m4 in my hand and the ring part is gone again. I'm playing hardcore.

It almost seems like the first person camera is too close and it's "look through" because of that, like when you are in a bush and slowly move forward, leafes you think should still be in front of you are "see through". But the scope remains invisible, when you hold the sks down (not raised with right mouse button). Below is an image of an SKS with invisible scope. What stumpes me is that that problem (with the m4) was gone this afternoon on a different server, so not everybody may experience it.

VHaOxRk.jpg

EDIT: Yes, its small, but that's just the way it is. One can still see that there is no scope on the SKS.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

VHaOxRk.jpg

EDIT: Yes, its small, but that's just the way it is. One can still see that there is no scope on the SKS.

???? I see the scope???

sight-in-1.jpg

Vaulting/jumping is related to the server(as in desynch,lag,response time), from my experience. For example when server is lagging, you will have really hard time to vault. In fact, have you ever tried to vault/jump after server has gone down? You cannot(unless I am doing something completely wrong)

I don't doubt it... but the vault code was changed for sure and it works differently now. If you're too close to stuff, you can't vault it if running.

Edited by sniperdoc

???? I see the scope???

The two of us have some real communication problems. Or I really have terrible eyes.

The scope is attached. That can be seen in the bottom "HANDS" inventory part of the image. Right next to the loaded ammo. And on the inventory picture.

But you can actually see through the inventory parts of the image at the SKS holded in the players hand. And there is no scope there. I thought that I would be smart by showing the inventory over the held gun to document that the scope is equipped in the inventory but not visible on the SKS held in the players hands in raised stance. Also when I bring the gun up to aim with the right mouse button, I don't look through a scope.

Edited by bautschi

Are you guys playing on Regular or on Hardcore? 

I played ~2h on Hardcore yesterday and I haven't got a single lag/des or rubberbanding issue. 

And in my opinion the Zombies should be lowered while the running trough walls is fixxed. Anyways I like them more then before. The only issue in my opinion is if you shoot and nearly 5+ zombies run to ur location that sux for pvp.

haha the game is not based on pvp its based on survival. Your gonna shoot some defenseless person in a town and not expect zombies to come after you? This is a survival game that you can choose to murder or protect in. I would choose where to fire my guns a little better.  

Edited by cattasraafe
  • Like 1

It annoys me that they made it impossible to escape glitch rooms if you fall into one, i had to stick my head through the floor so my friend could kill me

The two of us have some real communication problems. Or I really have terrible eyes.

The scope is attached. That can be seen in the bottom "HANDS" inventory part of the image. Right next to the loaded ammo. And on the inventory picture.

But you can actually see through the inventory parts of the image at the SKS holded in the players hand. And there is no scope there. I thought that I would be smart by showing the inventory over the held gun to document that the scope is equipped in the inventory but not visible on the SKS held in the players hands in raised stance. Also when I bring the gun up to aim with the right mouse button, I don't look through a scope.

i can confirm this: i attached the pu scope to the sks and it shows normally in the inventory screen and i can see the scope when holding the weapon in my hands as well. But when im aiming down the sight, instead of looking through the scope, i look through the normal sight (without the scope).

You can clearly see on the image what im talking about:

2Dd3I06.jpg

ps: same with the mosin

Edited by kawa_
  • Like 2

i can confirm this: i attached the pu scope to the sks and it shows normally in the inventory screen and i can see the scope when holding the weapon in my hands as well. ..

Had that also, now I don't even see it when I hold it in my hands. Have not checked if it appears when not in aggressive stance. Do you even see the weapon then? I'll check it out. Same with the M4, I'm only aiming over the pin on the barrel, the visor part is invisible. I'll play now and make a picture of that I think.

EDIT: Here we go: 8GH40xk.jpg

EDIT 2: Looks just like above with an AGOG.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1