Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

That is the final step of the game dev. Because once there is MOD for DAYZ SA, there is no more way to prevent pirate and cheating, and there is no more money to earn.

Are you saying that mods enable pirating? There are tons of pirated servers as of right now. Private hive is working, the developers just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Has anyone else found that the terrible desync and rubber banding has returned? I hadn't played for a few days since the last update when everything was perfect, but in the hour or so that i've been trying to play today, I've just been faced with terrible lag and lost sessions! Are these issues server side?

• Like 3

Has anyone else found that the terrible desync and rubber banding has returned?

Yes.

Has anyone else found that the terrible desync and rubber banding has returned? I hadn't played for a few days since the last update when everything was perfect, but in the hour or so that i've been trying to play today, I've just been faced with terrible lag and lost sessions! Are these issues server side?

Same havent played it just tried it got desync ? Dont play that much so think i'll knock it on the head till beta.

• Like 1

on experimental: cheater alarm

A few dayz ago I saw a video on youtube with a guy sniping at some people. Then after some time - he was not very successful at sniping - one of the guys put his jetpack on and did a Boba Fett flying to the sniper and shooting him with his m4 and being pretty accurate when doing it taking into account his speed and volatile mode of transportation. I thought - wow, but hopefully not a very common practice.

I just went into the school in Krasnostav and a guy was hiding in a small room you cannot enter: Enter school through wide main entrance -> go ground floot, directly on the left the first door, white wood with a vertical stripe of glas in it.I shortly tried to get in there but did not manage to, did not linger though.

I only found him because zeds startet to attack him and he decided to use his mosin. So there are three zeds that - thank god - do have the ability to walk through walls ;) attacking him and finally offing him. He was then sliding across the floor a few meters again and again, saw that before when people died. So it was not just a haluzination, he was in there. At that point I was also not sure that he was cheating, he might just have glitched into the room somehow.

I decided to quickly loot the building and leave. Did not manage that because when I arrived at the second floor Boba Fett all of a sudden is flying outside shooting me with a mosin. I combat logged (I don't think any one will complain about me taking away game experience from the attacker in this particular case), but after checking some time later, I was a bambi standing at the sea again, so I was long enough on the server for him to kill me.

Questions: How far are anti cheat mechanics / when will they be added, is there a roadmap / is there a way to help identify and ban those people? I mean, you can't just read their names... .

In case the server has to be manipulated for something like that, here is its data:

Server: CZ/SK TheLastSurvivors.cz - Hardcore

IP:         82.96.119.202

But I guess that won't help.

Generally it's one thing to have cheaters on Battlefield or something, you don't really loose anything. Here you loose more, so that sucks.

That character, may he find peace in the afterlife, turned out to be a real f****** badass in the face of danger. Cherno will miss him.

Edited by bautschi

6 days? Funny, there are exactly 6 days since last major fix. The game is playable since then. :)

What I should of said was "I can't play, even after the update" I was playing before that "6" days, but even after the update I was not able to move at all in the game. So it was unplayable. Looking forward to a new update. 

on experimental: cheater alarm

A few dayz ago I saw a video on youtube with a guy sniping at some people. Then after some time - he was not very successful at sniping - one of the guys put his jetpack on and did a Boba Fett flying to the sniper and shooting him with his m4 and being pretty accurate when doing it taking into account his speed and volatile mode of transportation. I thought - wow, but hopefully not a very common practice.

I just went into the school in Krasnostav and a guy was hiding in a small room you cannot enter: Enter school through wide main entrance -> go ground floot, directly on the left the first door, white wood with a vertical stripe of glas in it.I shortly tried to get in there but did not manage to, did not linger though.

I only found him because zeds startet to attack him and he decided to use his mosin. So there are three zeds that - thank god - do have the ability to walk through walls ;) attacking him and finally offing him. He was then sliding across the floor a few meters again and again, saw that before when people died. So it was not just a haluzination, he was in there. At that point I was also not sure that he was cheating, he might just have glitched into the room somehow.

I decided to quickly loot the building and leave. Did not manage that because when I arrived at the second floor Boba Fett all of a sudden is flying outside shooting me with a mosin. I combat logged (I don't think any one will complain about me taking away game experience from the attacker in this particular case), but after checking some time later, I was a bambi standing at the sea again, so I was long enough on the server for him to kill me.

Questions: How far are anti cheat mechanics / when will they be added, is there a roadmap / is there a way to help identify and ban those people? I mean, you can't just read their names... .

In case the server has to be manipulated for something like that, here is its data:

Server: CZ/SK TheLastSurvivors.cz - Hardcore

IP:         82.96.119.202

But I guess that won't help.

Generally it's one thing to have cheaters on Battlefield or something, you don't really loose anything. Here you loose more, so that sucks.

That character, may he find peace in the afterlife, turned out to be a real f****** badass in the face of danger. Cherno will miss him.

"on experimental: cheater alarm"  , "Server: CZ/SK TheLastSurvivors.cz - Hardcore"  That's not experimental. The experimental branch only has official dev servers with the term "experimental" in them. No one can rent an experimental server. That happened in the stable branch.

"on experimental: cheater alarm"  , "Server: CZ/SK TheLastSurvivors.cz - Hardcore"  That's not experimental. The experimental branch only has official dev servers with the term "experimental" in them. No one can rent an experimental server. That happened in the stable branch.

Thanks for clearing that up. That essentially meanst that I am currently playing with my experimental installation on regular servers...didn't think that was possible unless stable and experimental are the same. And I thought they currently weren't. Switching back to stable did just now at least not trigger a steam download.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up. That essentially meanst that I am currently playing with my experimental installation on regular servers...didn't think that was possible unless stable and experimental are the same. And I thought they currently weren't. Switching back to stable did just now at least not trigger a steam download.

Yes that is true and is a bit problematic right now. Happened to a lot of us... 

Against cheaters. I met a lot of cheaters in the game and I love to kill them, but developers should deal with them more harshly.

I'm sure on 101% that they should make a binding. I mean:

Player nick-name <=> to Steam account name or Steam-ID, for example.
The player's nickname in game should be the same as the name of his Steam account.

This will about 95% ensure fair play to other players.

They can`t repeat the old DayZ mistakes I think.

• Like 1

I'm sure on 101% that they should make a binding. I mean:

Player nick-name <=> to Steam account name or Steam-ID, for example.

The player's nickname in game should be the same as the name of his Steam account.

I don't think that making player to steam account references visible for users would be useful. Might also keep you from getting that new job when the human resources guy find's out that you were that bandit feeding him disinfectant :). Don't those dudes use throw away steam accounts with throw away email adresses? I surely would.

The nickname being the same would also be a problem for streamers. They would be hunted to the extreme. If throw away steam accounts are used, that would be useless anyway. I never tried to create a steam account with fake information, but I'm sure it's not that hard.

I think I read somewhere that there was already a ban wave on cheaters in SA. I think the only thing to keep them out is a high detection rate with account deletion AND very important: not making the game any cheaper. It must hurt to be found out. If you can buy a new russion key on ebay for $5.-, then it does not hurt. If it is $30.- and cheaters are regularily caught, reinvesting money is painful.

I know that sounds really harsh, I also don't want to pay a lot for my games. But I saw an interview with a hack coder who makes BF3 hacks on youtube and he said that "all those cheaters" have throw away accounts and simply buy new cheap russian keys for the basic game when they are caught. And I think the interview was real, it was detailed, long and believable in its content.

If it's possible to change/modify the nick-names or play with empty name and use different names = it allows you to use cheats more often and away from the AC-system.

When I look at the list of players in DayZ-SA I see, that about ~20 percent of players "Unknown" or  "          ".
This is bad and shitty.

AC-system in BF3 is working good. They should to do the same thing in DayZ-SA.

And... if they caught cheater, next time copy of the game will cost for him $60, 90, 120...
I'm sure that developers will like this method, but not like by cheaters and they will think more carefully I think  :D

If it's possible to change/modify the nick-names or play with empty name and use different names = it allows you to use cheats more often and away from the AC-system.

When I look at the list of players in DayZ-SA I see, that about ~20 percent of players "Unknown" or  "          ".

This is bad and shitty.

AC-system in BF3 is working good. They should to do the same thing in DayZ-SA.

And... if they caught cheater, next time copy of the game will cost for him $60, 90, 120...

I'm sure that developers will like this method, but not like by cheaters and they will think more carefully I think  :D

I totaly agree with you. I think I will start a Thread later, where I found websites which are full of hacks for DayZ SA. Maybe the dev's could buy them and if they know how they work they could do something angainst it. Because I met cheaters as well and they definitly destroy the game :/

Edited by BaseLine^

Yes they are the same atm, and this also what caused me a ton of problems with lag and desync for all the people above so make sure you are not playing on the experimental branch guys.

My mate and me got killed by a rock formation just outside kamyshovo. Somehow we glitched half inside the rock after walking near to them. Then we we got flinged into the air and died on impact. Don't go there. It's the first rock formation on the south of kamyshovo. Anyone experienced similar?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615046808133769080/B47E95A196B2E7FC83C1042B843F2CA7C8BA44D8/

P.S.: Embeding of steam screenshots not allowed? It won't let me post as a linked image.

Edited by MoZed

I have indeed been experiencing rubber banding issues. My friend would also sometimes  not even be able to see me, but I could see him. Then he would have to relog

I don't like dayz as it is now :( I hope when ammount of the zombies will increase u will delete those fast moving zeds. Zombies should be SLOOOOW. 

I think there was a mention some time ago that the initial goal is to have many types of "zeds" - slow ones ("rotters"), fast shamblers (middle form) and those who can give a small chase (fresh "zeds") 28 days style. Kinda like seeing corpse degeneration.

• Like 2

My mate and me got killed by a rock formation just outside kamyshovo. Somehow we glitched half inside the rock after walking near to them. Then we we got flinged into the air and died on impact. Don't go there. It's the first rock formation on the south of kamyshovo. Anyone experienced similar?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615046808133769080/B47E95A196B2E7FC83C1042B843F2CA7C8BA44D8/

P.S.: Embeding of steam screenshots not allowed? It won't let me post as a linked image.

Yep this happened to me in exactly the same place. Fully geared character, made my way to the coast to do some bandit hunting and got killed by a rock formation #alpha

I don't like dayz as it is now :( I hope when ammount of the zombies will increase u will delete those fast moving zeds. Zombies should be SLOOOOW. 

Agreed. At current state the zombies are a pain in the ass. I liked them more when they didn't chase you like they do now. Also the time cycle is broken atm (no night, only daylight even on night only servers).

Edited by Somestupidusername

its been an awful long time since the last update… Have the dev's stumbled into a roadblock I am not aware of?

Post a link would be helpful

Really has only been about a week since any news after the recent update. There was a DevBlog released on the 24th. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ehC8kwoWE

That was back in feb so alot more then a week ago but with the presentation the next update should be within 2 weeks best case .. worse case end of april he said