Sign in to follow this  
wmike20052

Every single experimental server ive gone too has been looted already.

That's weird. I was on a 50/50 Exp server and Stary, Vybor, and Novy were unlooted. I got a Mosin With PU Scope, food, clothes, bag and water

As for the ammo being ruined? Very rarely is all the ammo ruined. In fact I have never come across a situation where all the ammo is ruined. Normally it's just the one round. If you keep on splitting the ammo you'll find that on more occasions than not you end up with one set of pristine and one set of ruined. Keep on splitting and combining the pristine ammo until you get down to the least amount ruined. As I say, in most cases it's just the one round, sometimes a couple.

I'm guessing you didn't realise this and just assumed as the ammo said ruined in the inventory that it was all ruined. It's not. 

I thought that was an exploit?  I remember watching Dean mention something about it.

I believe you meant to say, "but this fucking game is so Alpha", and of course if this is case you would be right.

As for the ammo being ruined? Very rarely is all the ammo ruined. In fact I have never come across a situation where all the ammo is ruined. Normally it's just the one round. If you keep on splitting the ammo you'll find that on more occasions than not you end up with one set of pristine and one set of ruined. Keep on splitting and combining the pristine ammo until you get down to the least amount ruined. As I say, in most cases it's just the one round, sometimes a couple.

I'm guessing you didn't realise this and just assumed as the ammo said ruined in the inventory that it was all ruined. It's not. It's also a similar thing to the bug that reports ammo as being empty (either in a magazine or box) when you view it, yet you take it into your inventory and lo and behold the ammo is actually full.

You are right.  I didnt know if you split ruined ammo you get some that is not ruined.  But if you only get 1 good round per split, that is not worth the risk of engaging some one in combat.     So again, your idea does not work for survival until they fix the game.  He is better off traveling to the quiet towns if he really needs gear.

I starved to death twice on regular Experimental servers.  Joined Hardcore, and found essentials.  I have found SKS's in what I feel like is every building.  Sticking out of walls, toilets, other loot (First backpack i found was on an SKS) and I have not found one piece of ammo.  Oh, unless you want 400 rounds of .357!  I got tons of that.

But I got it sorted.  No matter where you spawn, unless you get a fresh server, run to Elektro.  If you run to Berezino and Svet, it will most likely definitely be looted and you will find yourself in the worst place to be in a looted map, the North East.  At least from Elektro you can run to the closer small towns inland, which is laking in the NE.  I guess you could try Kraz, since it was always untouched on Stable Servers.

I thought that was an exploit? I remember watching Dean mention something about it.

It is, you are correct.

But if you only get 1 good round per split, that is not worth the risk of engaging some one in combat.

1 ruined round, not 1 pristine.

He is better off traveling to the quiet towns if he really needs gear.

Oh, of course, but it's all down to the amount of loot available.

I thought that was an exploit?  I remember watching Dean mention something about it.

It is, you are correct.

I didn't realise this was considered an "exploit" as to be honest it totally makes sense that an entire box of ammo wouldn't be ruined, only some. Same goes for ammo within a magazine. The mag might get damaged but that doesn't mean all the ammo inside would too.

Out of interest, and not that I am doubting you, but do you have a link to where Rocket mentions this?

Edited by ricp

Well i found a 22 rifle and about 50 rounds. Went looking for bandits killing newbs on the road to electro. I was high on the mountain seeing if there was anyone near the rocks at the bottom, about 1 minute later i get killed in 1 shot and i hear the dudes footsteps right next to me.

So he either teleported to me, or just spawned higher on the mountain then i did, or was just camping up there for god knows how long. Anyways, i just wasted 2 hours looting to get killed in literally 1 minute. I think im gonna call it quits for awhile on this game. Unless someone has a clan they can invite me too.

I usually play 12:00 am to 7:00 am East Coast NY time.

As has been stated, you have to get off the coast, especially in the Northeast.  Ever since they put the first police station up there and the new town north of the NEAF it's been very crowded on that part of the map.  I was running around on a 40/40 experimental server last night and didn't run into a soul (zombies don't have souls, right?).  I found so much food that my guy is now stuffed.  He's sleeping it off in an undisclosed location while I slave away at the day job :)

Just because you start on the coast doesn't mean you have to stay there.  There's a lot of fun to be had inland.  

Well i found a 22 rifle and about 50 rounds. Went looking for bandits killing newbs on the road to electro. I was high on the mountain seeing if there was anyone near the rocks at the bottom, about 1 minute later i get killed in 1 shot and i hear the dudes footsteps right next to me.

So he either teleported to me, or just spawned higher on the mountain then i did, or was just camping up there for god knows how long. Anyways, i just wasted 2 hours looting to get killed in literally 1 minute. I think im gonna call it quits for awhile on this game. Unless someone has a clan they can invite me too.

I usually play 12:00 am to 7:00 am East Coast NY time.

You better get used to this as it's going to happen a lot. Don't get attached to your gear, that one other person on the server besides you will shoot you in the back when you stop to pick up gear.

You better get used to this as it's going to happen a lot. Don't get attached to your gear, that one other person on the server besides you will shoot you in the back when you stop to pick up gear.

Its not that im attached to my gear, its that i spent over 2 hours looting and server hopping just to get semi-geared and then it was all for nothing. Literally. 

Im used to dieing, i have played WarZ since it came out, but the difference is in that game i can just come back as another character and find loot within 5 minutes and acutally stand a chance if anything happens. In this game it takes hours to get geared. 

That's weird. I was on a 50/50 Exp server and Stary, Vybor, and Novy were unlooted. I got a Mosin With PU Scope, food, clothes, bag and water

Similarly, I've been on 40/40 servers and found Berezino relatively stocked given the number of people connected. Once, I assumed that everyone was punching each other in Electro, looted the entire place in peace and left with plenty of shit to see me through.

All towns near coast most time are looted, go farer to land.

As above, this isn't always true. I've found that there is no logic or reason to whether an area has been looted or not. Typically, coastal areas will be stripped bare and doors open are indicative of a place being cleared out, but there are always exceptions. I've found food in the yellow house at the North end of Kamyshovo and useful items inside buildings that already had the doors opened plenty of times before now. So much so, I now pick a direction I want to travel in and always check all buildings just in case something useful has been left.

My favorite route is hitting up Kamenka, then heading to the military base / hospital, then over to Pavlovo. Kamenka has barely ever let me down. The Piano House there normally has decent stuff. But I agree, coastal Towns, besides being obvious High Kill Zones, get looted very fast. So unless you happen to be there on a server restart, I'd stay away from then or speed raid (hit 2-3 high payoff houses, then GTFO.)

Kamyshovo seems to have it out for me these days. No loot, and 90% of the time there's people there who either KOS you or, if you try to communicate don't even answer but just keep running on / away. I'm gonna hit up Zeleno tomorrow and see what she's got for me :-)

Literally just wasted an hour or so server hopping.

I dont usually do it but i didnt run all the way to berezino find nothing on 4 servers and then go to SVET and airfield just to find nothing either. Im 8 servers in and still nothing.

How often do experimental servers reset? This is ridiculous. 

damn you mean the coast where everyone spawns was fully looted?

I only play hardcore experimental when I want to KOS elitist forum sheriffs.

OMG! How do you do that without your all seeing cheat mode? ;)

Playing on Experimental it seems that they're on 4 hour restarts with about 3 hours of Daytime play and an hour of night before a restart.  Hit one with a time that's sunny and you're probably going to find stuff.

I've found the town south of Vybor untouched, the military base just a little SE of Vybor untouched twice.

Also it doesn't' matter where I play (experimental or not) the west side of the map from north to south is hardly ever touched. nobody goes there.  The farthest west they go is Balota and the farthest north from there they go is Balota.

Literally just wasted an hour or so server hopping.

I dont usually do it but i didnt run all the way to berezino find nothing on 4 servers and then go to SVET and airfield just to find nothing either. Im 8 servers in and still nothing.

How often do experimental servers reset? This is ridiculous. 

Don't blame the servers restarting, blame yourself for not thinking properly.

If you would have spent the 15-20 minutes running to NWAF, you would have been fully kitted on 1-2 servers. Experimental servers usually restart every 4 hours (14:00-18:00).

Quit taking the easy mans route because everyone else is doing it.

15-20 minute run to the NWAF? Ill have to try that. Though i dont think its that quick, and im sure itll be looted even worse.

Servers restart mostly at 18 server time, so if you get on a server at 17 ish you will most likely not find anything at all; I've joined a server just after restart, walked from kras to NEAF and found myself a pristine LRS in the hangar, bailed off to the forests immediatelly after that :D

Also there seems to be a lot of people running from NEAF to NWAF so anything relevant in that route is probably looted, I was on a 10 pop server and came across two different guys in the same town half way to NWAF, a bit to the south east of the devil's castle... the funny thing is that I was thinking "What if I meet someone right here, what would be the chances?!?" Turns out the shadow I saw wasn't mine's and I got away unseen :D

Edited by LouisK

No, no, not special... better...  B)

You're the very best special person  ;)

The only trouble with getting inland is that you'll find yourself starving by the time you get yourself to a town inland...

I have had a gun, ammunition, and an axe, along with some matches, yet starved to death. I can not wait for hunting, so I can stalk animals in the woods and get myself some real food.

Yesterday I went from Solinchiny to Nizhnoy, to Orlovets to Polana to Gorka to Novy Sobor to Stary Sobor to the military base southeast of Vybor. I played on servers with roughly 11 people on them. 

I found no food or weapons, except for a machete that I found glitched in the ground (shouldn't even bothered picking it up) 1 Cz 75 that I found at the military base, which was quickly taken from me as these two assholes held me up and then killed me.

Edited by Tibialis
  • Like 1

Experimental Servers restart every 4h but each severlocation (EU/UK/SWE/etc./some are on the same.) has it own server and restarttime.

for example, UK-servertime are from 14.00-18.00 (restarttime 18.00) - EU is live from 12-16.00 (someone correct me here)

also as stated above, the last 45 minutes used to be night.

Yesterday I went from Solinchiny to Nizhnoy, to Orlovets to Polana to Gorka to Novy Sobor to Stary Sobor to the military base southeast of Vybor. .

That lootroute is sooo common and mostly looted within the first hour a server is up. Keep in mind ppl also spawn in novy and not everyone connecting are a freshspawn. Edited by Guest

Inland doesn't mean 1000m off the coast, it means trekking 5-10 minutes north or west to start finding unlooted areas. I've learned over the past few weeks that there is absolutely no point in going to any coastal town, especially large ones like Berazino, electro, ect unless you want to get KOS'ed or waste an hour looking over empty cans of beans until you get KOS'ed. Make a B line for the interior as a freshie and don't look back. Only once you're geared will I say venture back into those areas...for some target practice.