GriefSlicer (DayZ)

Do you believe people who shoot on sight are terrible at DayZ?

If you shoot on sight why do you do it? Because its the point of the game and without it I and you would not be here for very long

can you explain to me why you are not bad at the game if you shoot on sight? Can you explain to me how you are good at the game if you dont even play it correctly? I am not bad at this game because I have 1,000's of hours of practice surviving not just from PvE but also from PvP, which means my gameplay is much more well rounded than someone who does not engage other players unless shot at first. 

What is your opinion on people who shoot on sight? I think they are the ones who get this game. The ones who think its about surviving from zombies and collecting loot.. well, to each their own, but thats not how you play this game. Not even close.

Do you think they are just pure douche bags that ruin your DayZ experience? I think players who post topics like this are the ones who ruin the experience of the game for others. Why? Because they are the ones who constantly rage and complain rather than adapting and enjoying the game and all of its many facets. They are the ones who ask others to change and attempt to tell others how to play a sandbox video game. 

Should they be ashamed of themselves? No. You should be though. Ashamed that you think its okay to force your views on others, when obviously they are enjoying themselves. All you have to do is learn from your mistakes, and you will realize that if you want to meet friendly people its easy. If you want to avoid deadly players, its fairly simple. Just learn to adapt and observe prior to making contact. Oh why am I even trying..? go fucking play something else, please. This game is definitely not for you.

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

If you shoot on sight why do you do it?

Because if i dont shoot you. You may shoot me and that can't happen

Edited by Bakermensch

I think the KoS rate is alright now. The few latest patches have decreased KoS a lot, and it's currently in the level it should be. I played yesterday and today and encountred around 8 people. All of them were geared up. Only 2 of them tried to kill me. This rate is good.

Just a few questions

Can you explain to me why you are not bad at the game if you shoot on sight?

What is your opinion on people who shoot on sight?

Do you think they are just pure douche bags that ruin your DayZ experience?

Should they be ashamed of themselves?

To answer your questions based on my feelings and opinions.

1. I resort to shooting on sight when I know that either my groups or my safety depends on eliminating that threat, survival of my squad and I are two of my top priorities. My other priorities include gear, and replenishing my reserves be in ammo/food ect. If you have a gun or a piece of gear my squad or myself need, I won't hesitate to try and make contact and ask if you would spare them, becauses chances are, in an attempt to save yourself you would lie about what you have, only to get far enough away to shoot us on sight. I never gun down helpless people, if you seem not to be a threat, I will even help you, but I won't put myself at a disadvantage in an attempt to look like a good guy...

2. Shooting on sight kills people, meaning they are not longer surviving, meaning they lost, I won. I do not believe any one playstyle automatically makes you a "bad player", having a poor skill level, or not using ones head to me, that is what makes a player "bad".

3. To me people who shoot on sight have come to playing DayZ like that due to general hysteria and paranoia from either reading too many, "Everyone is evil, kill them now" types of threads, or watching videos or streams of people killing everything that moves. So my opinion on people who do shoot on sight is mixed, and is hard to narrow it down, but if I had to have an opinion on it, is that people need to sometimes step out of the comfort zone and take the risk of losing their gear, before adopting the, "If it moves, shoot it" mentality or as many people lable it, CoD/Battlefield mentality.

4. No if anything people who shoot on sight, or are bandits, add to my experience greatly, it would become pretty dull if everyone you met was friendly, and you sat around a camp fire singing songs, people who shoot on sight, break up the monotony of everyday play in DayZ, because the Zombies aren't of too much concern, people who shoot on sight, help not only me but others focus and put thought into tactful movement and staying cautious that somewhere in/on that high point either on/in a building or cliff, or treeline, ect. has a gun pointed right at you and you have to do your best to survive another day.

5. No we need them, as much as they need us, people who shoot on sight need to be in DayZ, just as much as a Hero or Bandit does, it keeps everything lively and exciting, and as I said previously, DayZ would be dull without them.

A player that chooses the KOS style is not automatically bad at the game but probably lacks the social skills to have successful interaction. OR maybe they just don't want to interact. KOSers play a role in this game even if they don't know it.

I believe it is also ridiculous to blame another player when you get KOSed...since you are the one that put yourself in SIGHT!

• Like 1

Don't believe they're terrible players, do believe that this thread needs a poll.

I obey the commandment, "shoot unto others before they shoot unto you." I'm sorry but +90% of your encounters with strangers will be violent so if I detect other players and they have not seen me I might withdraw and evade or Kill them on sight. I don't want their gear and actually I hose them down thoroughly enough to ruin most of their crap. I have been killed too many times in my formative months while trying to interact peacefully to be any other way. 

• Like 1

I shoot on sight sometimes for practice, for when shit gets real.  When I need to use my weapon, I damn well would like to have some training in it, you know?  For survival purposes.  So I don't get shot.

Believing that somebody who kills on sight is bad in a survival game like DayZ is akin to saying that the Dalai Lama is better at wrestling than John Cena because he chooses not to wrestle.

• Like 2

I don't know what to say about this thread, I've re-written this response from scratch 3 times now, but it just doesn't seem to get my point across clearly enough,

PVP is the only end game in DayZ

there is no base building mechanic(not that it will change much other then increasing the gathering phase) there is no wealth to accumulate through business or other ventures such as EVE Online, once you're as geared as you can get, that's it. you can either give it to other players (help other players) or shoot other players and the victor takes the spoils, I choose the latter.

I enjoy gearing as a fresh spawn the most, its the only time where there's a danger to die from either the environment or your needs, after that, its just finding the best guns clothes and supplies for our build.

there is some worry raiding the airbases for the best gear but that's different as the interactions are shorter ending usually with who was better equipped and more aware

me, my gf, and friends, all shoot on sight for anyone that has a gun, unless they prove they're friendly SUPER quick, like this one time, i was flanking a guy we saw in berezino, just as I was about to come out and unload on him from his side, he saw my friend way in the distance and started waving doing the happy dance, ruined my fun and had to let him live at that point, gave him some ammo and left.

but there is nothing to do after you have everything other then shoot or get shot

i don't need your help to do anything in this game or that is to say there is no PvE challenge even closely requiring two players

the only positive to grouping up with you is hopefully taking out other aggressors more effectively,,, and i can already handle myself with groups of 2-3, and our group of 3 can handle 3-6

so I'm back where i started, seemingly loosing the point of my response, you think players that shoot other players are bad at the game? that is the game, sure there are others that harass new spawns and incapacitated players, that is bad IMO, but if i don't shoot you, who will?

Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with acronyms... Seriously though, I'm trying to delve into the subtleties. For instance, I am clearing a building at the airport. I line up with the wall, swing around wide on the door and spot someone inside with a gun. Having no backup or handcuffs, I pop him in the head as there is no other way to ensure he isn't a risk for the duration of my stay. Am I a KoS? What if I open my mic and say "I'm shooting you now"? What if I scream into the mic "Get down on the ground and drop your weapon!", he does, I make some show out of robbing him, then kill him because there really isn't any other option as he could just walk to another building and pick up another gun?

You did KOS in that situation...shit happens B) If you roleplay it in then that is much more fun imo

I'd say I KOS at least 90% of the time.  Dropping someone at 400m with an m4 is far more exiting than listening to some squeaker tell me about something I was happier not knowing.

Overall, this game is far more fun when people are shooting at each other rather than holding hands and collecting oranges together.

> Because a dead player doesn't shoot back or end up in a place you don't expect.

can you explain to me why you are not bad at the game if you shoot on sight?

> Can you explain why they would be bad at the game?

> I don't really care to be honest.

> This is DayZ, you don't deserve a free pass, you have to earn it.

> No but maybe you should.

> Because a dead player doesn't shoot back or end up in a place you don't expect.

can you explain to me why you are not bad at the game if you shoot on sight?

> Can you explain why they would be bad at the game?

> I don't really care to be honest.

> This is DayZ, you don't deserve a free pass, you have to earn it.

> No but maybe you should.

don't try resurrect old posts

I don't know what to say about this thread, I've re-written this response from scratch 3 times now, but it just doesn't seem to get my point across clearly enough,

PVP is the only end game in DayZ

there is no base building mechanic(not that it will change much other then increasing the gathering phase) there is no wealth to accumulate through business or other ventures such as EVE Online, once you're as geared as you can get, that's it. you can either give it to other players (help other players) or shoot other players and the victor takes the spoils, I choose the latter.

I enjoy gearing as a fresh spawn the most, its the only time where there's a danger to die from either the environment or your needs, after that, its just finding the best guns clothes and supplies for our build.

there is some worry raiding the airbases for the best gear but that's different as the interactions are shorter ending usually with who was better equipped and more aware

me, my gf, and friends, all shoot on sight for anyone that has a gun, unless they prove they're friendly SUPER quick, like this one time, i was flanking a guy we saw in berezino, just as I was about to come out and unload on him from his side, he saw my friend way in the distance and started waving doing the happy dance, ruined my fun and had to let him live at that point, gave him some ammo and left.

but there is nothing to do after you have everything other then shoot or get shot

i don't need your help to do anything in this game or that is to say there is no PvE challenge even closely requiring two players

the only positive to grouping up with you is hopefully taking out other aggressors more effectively,,, and i can already handle myself with groups of 2-3, and our group of 3 can handle 3-6

so I'm back where i started, seemingly loosing the point of my response, you think players that shoot other players are bad at the game? that is the game, sure there are others that harass new spawns and incapacitated players, that is bad IMO, but if i don't shoot you, who will?

I see your point but i don't see KOS as PVP for that to occur the other player has to engage you back which usually doesn't happen in a KOS situation hence why it pisses people off. I myself stay out of sight so it doesn't happen to me much not to say it doesn't its happened to us all. PVP to me would be you get a shot off and miss and the guy starts shooting back or clan vs clan or town vs town that last one i do hope to see some day. KOS does play its role and to that i say different strokes for different folks. and to those who don't like it well get used to it as long as there are only public servers well your going to have to deal with the public.

I think you're 100% right.

Example I spawned wandered into a barn and found a shovel (which is useless on experimental zombies) Turn around and a fresh spawn is ready to punch me out.

The question is why? We're both fresh spawns. The guy can see i'm not geared.

I can only surmise he's such a crappy player at dayz that they only want to steal other players gear or shoot people because they don't know how to play the game or are so terrible that they keep dying and eventually give up to the point where they'll kill anyone on sight.

I think the game is too difficult for them. They don't understand/know how to play it. Get tired of dying and failing at it so when they do get a weapon they just sit and shoot people because its easier than roaming around chernarus doing stuff

^ This.

Today i've played maybe 10 hours and whenever i saw another player i spoke to them first, stated i was friendly in the hope we could work together or something.  Only once did i not get murdered.  The rest of the time, maybe 4/5 times they claimed to be friendly then shot me.  Afew didn't speak and i ran away when i could see their weapon out pointing my way.

I died alot today so i can understand to a point when players want to take a short cut by killing someone to steal their gear.  It's kinda counterproductive as most of your gear gets ruined anyway, but i agree with Duenan that they are just terrible players.  Feel sorry for them.

How about you take care of your own problems.

I can't delete this thread you know, just had to report your post so that the admins recognize to take it down. You would think that a Bean Queen would know better than to try resurrect a post on the DayZ Forums.

Edited by GriefSlicer

How about you take care of your own problems.

He's right, March is so old it's boring.