bergerlu

Remove guns from the game.

Great. Gun control in video games.

I need a break from the internet.

• Like 2

That's why movies like Sharknado are made. Hollywood knows what the crowd wants.

Uhm.

If you think that Sharknado was made because the guys in Hollywood thought that's what everyone wants these days...yeaaaaaah.

Sharknado was made to be bad.

--

The personal insults need to stop.

• Like 1

They really need to be alot more rare as 100's of others here have stated but completely removed ? no way. tho I am definitely a huge advocate for guns to be alot more rare and more emphasis on the hand to hand combat....

SHIT

to be honest, all I really want to do is poke someone with a needle full of old crusty medical waste

hey guise whats going on in this thread????

• Like 1

I think the amount of guns should be lowered, not removed, your not going to be able to go tralalala'ing through the city/town ect. and find pristine weapons just lying on the ground, weapons left behind are going to be broken, duds, or malfunctioning, with the very very rare case of finding one in good working order, because people fleeing from the infection, would not just drop some gun in great condition, and loads of ammo...

I don't want to see guns become super rare, I want them to become a bit less common than they are right now. I also want to see melee weapons made useful (they are quite nice in the experimental at the moment, I must say).

These homemade bows we saw are a bad, bad idea. It gives fresh spawns very early access to a ranged weapon, it'll become the new fists and next think we know it's fucking cowboys and indians as everyone in their mother goes for a bow as soon as they spawn.

I think the amount of guns should be lowered, not removed, your not going to be able to go tralalala'ing through the city/town ect. and find pristine weapons just lying on the ground, weapons left behind are going to be broken, duds, or malfunctioning, with the very very rare case of finding one in good working order, because people fleeing from the infection, would not just drop some gun in great condition, and loads of ammo...

Dead people don't carry guns. Live people can only carry so much. This is another example of making false realism. If you want something, it is ok to say you want it without pretending it is realistic. Cars for example, I see the usefulness of making them broken even though they would realistically be sitting around in perfect working condition.

OP I would kill you on sight if I had to pull your leg out and beat you to death with it. Don't play with fire if you can't handle the heat.

While I respect your opinion, I think this is a terrible idea as it would remove the main threat from the game. However I WOULD love to see them become extremely rare, so that when you had one, you would become more of a singular threat. Then I believe others might team up more to take you out for more of a cat and mouse game than a fish in a barrel one. 

Edited by ViktirE

If we don't have guns how will I get my penis hard?

Edited by piggy_pot_pie

Right? No zombie games ever incorporate robust melee systems (i.e. Dead Island, Dead Rising, Dying Light, <insert most zombie games here>). DayZ is just following the trend! /sarcasm.

Sorry, I don't want DayZ : Romero Tropes 2.0 now with new DLC chainsaw laser!

If anything, a zombie game where you're reliant on firearms is ABNORMAL.

The fact that firearms exist in the game doesn't explain all of its problems. Nor does it explain why "interactions" aren't as common as you'd like.

More firearms, the merrier. Military weapons? Yes please. Appropriate levels of rareness/maintenance? Sure.

The problem now is that one trip to Elektro/Balota guarantees you to get fully geared with military weapons/gear. I want those weapons to become rarer (probably need private hives for that to happen though) and ammo as well. Make small firearms more common too.

Also at the moment the only threat in the game is other players. There isn't anything else really to survive against, so the amount of KOS players isn't strange.

As the title says, if this game wants to be something truly special and stand out from the crowd, it needs to remove guns.

When I saw an article about this game, I was excited because it felt like it was something really new and special. And it was at first, when I had no weapons and was fleeing zombies, swimming to small islands to save my skin.

Then I got guns and other people got guns and I realized this was just a standard shooter in a very big map.

I would suggest instead of guns create a huge inventory of melee weapons (and of course improve melee combat). That way, you have to get closer to people and have more interactions with them. Survival needs be harder. Food and water would need to be more scarce. Zombies much harder. That would force people working together, but you could still get axed in the back which is okay since you would at least be able to judge if you trust someone or not and let them come close to you.

Seriously this game right now feels like COD only you see someone every 5 hours or so.

Like me u really understand the spirit of this great game: this isn't a war game. I totally agree with u. This game's name is DayZ(zombie) not DayK(koS)!

Edited by vegeth11

Remove guns from the game? That's like saying remove breasts from women!

As the title says, if this game wants to be something truly special and stand out from the crowd, it needs to remove guns.

When I saw an article about this game, I was excited because it felt like it was something really new and special. And it was at first, when I had no weapons and was fleeing zombies, swimming to small islands to save my skin.

Then I got guns and other people got guns and I realized this was just a standard shooter in a very big map.

I would suggest instead of guns create a huge inventory of melee weapons (and of course improve melee combat). That way, you have to get closer to people and have more interactions with them. Survival needs be harder. Food and water would need to be more scarce. Zombies much harder. That would force people working together, but you could still get axed in the back which is okay since you would at least be able to judge if you trust someone or not and let them come close to you.

Seriously this game right now feels like COD only you see someone every 5 hours or so.

son, limiting me to a toaster wouldnt prevent me from beating you to death with it if i feel that you have something i need.

Unfortunately for all of you, the "KOS kids" are the driving force behind this game and the reason DayZ has become so popular. Without them, this game wouldn't have even come close to receiving the funding it has. People who don't KOS are a minority. This game would rapidly decompose if it was populated solely by those who don't KOS.

Just sayin'.

Ok man, if so let's delete zombies, let's add tanks, atomic bombs, rocket lounchers and similar! Have fun with this kind of game! :thumbsup:

Edited by vegeth11

Removing the guns wont stop me from killing people.

And don't stop me to boot your ass! :thumbsup:

This game really had the potential to be something new and innovative survival game but no. The dumb crowd want their games with guns. Please give us another COD, Battlefield, Arma game. Let us KOS and pew pew on sight, snipe from tall buildings etc, etc...

That's why movies like Sharknado are made. Hollywood knows what the crowd wants.

U rock bro! I'm totally agree with u! The crowd are no more then bimbominkia for me!

Yeah getting ris of guns is pretty unrealistic, honestly considering im intrested in firearms in life I would be biased, but guns aren't really a problem for me at least, of course everyone is complaining "Oh no not KOS Kiddies!" But you don't want to be KOS? join a low pop server or just go to a town inland because they are deserted. Hopefully as soon as zombies are made more common (zombie hoardes please!) and dangerous and maybe have some sort of reward by killing them then people will concentrate less on killing others because they will have something to do.

ATM as it is an Alpha, Dayz is empty so shooting people is to be expected, if I played Dayz and had no firearms and everyone was nice and didn't try to kill me I would be bored as hell as the zombies pose no threat so guns aren't the problem, the fact it is an alpha is a problem so just wait and im sure (unfortunately for some) guns will become less common and KOS also less common.

Please, no!  It's a zombie apocalypse, guns are fun.  If anything, MORE guns!

ESO comes out soon for those of you that don't like guns.  You can do all the melee you want in that game.