rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

This game is basically DOA right now.  I was renting a server but let it drop off because it averaged 3 people on at any time.  The game has gotten stale when the only thing to do is gear up and run around until someone shoots you, then rinse and repeat.  ZZZzzz

What's worse is this HUGE update is snoresville too.  There's some cool things but nothing that will bring me back to play it for more than an hour or two.  Sorry Rocket but the timing couldn't be worse buddy for you to announce your departure then the game doesn't have an update for over a month.

I said I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore... but this deserved a response...

DOA huh? So much for all the OTHER servers that are hovering at 35 - 40 people huh? Your server, that no one's ever heard of, didn't get but 3 people? Hmmm... no failure in marketing and advertising, huh? It's all DayZ's fault? Your server must be the benchmark for the entire DayZ community, huh?

GTFO!

• Like 1

DayZ Paladin is simply on drugs.  If he wants to quit, by all means, do it.  One less cry baby to worry about.

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

seriously tho, this thread in a nutshell :

Butthurt-Butthurt-everywhere.jpg

Other than that,

I have plenty of faith in the dev team that they will gradually turn this into a fantastic game.

I'm also very curious about the oncoming changes when they go stable, I haven't played the experimental yet but it seems a promising step forward.

Edited by RedAscendant
  • Like 2

okay so the new build is out mouse acceleration is being funny it actually making me feel sick ! had to leave cant play while its like that.

also please for the love of jesus christ fix the server list browser and dosing my connection !

if you leave or refresh it dos your connection so you have no internet for like 5 minutes or you need to reboot ! i have mentioned this for like 6 months. Dayz commander does this also on server search. please fix.

• Like 1

are you in holiday or are you working on the new patch?  :rolleyes:

i would give some  :beans:  if you finish it in this week

Edited by Sanitöter

You don't have to tell me what it is. I studied the method as late as before christmas so I'd say I have a fairly good grasp of the method. :)

It's often written in all capitals even though it's not an acronym. Sure, maybe unconventional is the wrong word, but I used that with regards to more conventional methods like "waterfall"-methods, which are, as far as I know, still the most commonly used methods, although agile methods are gaining a lot of ground. It is used to fast track projects though, although I don't know if that's how Bohemia is using it. Either way, since you already know about it you probably agree that the work process can look somewhat disorganized from an outer perspective when using Scrum. And that was my point.

I assumed other people might be curious about what we are talking about. ;)

I guess "fast track" would be an appropriate description.  At least in the sense of getting something in front of the end user /client as quickly as possible, even if it's not finished.

My expertise isn't in game development, but I assume that there are a couple of different tracks being worked on here.  "Infrastructure" i.e. server hives, account management, security and whatnot.  The game "engine" which would be the underling physics, collision detection, zombie AI so on and so forth.  And "content", or basically the models, textures, sounds and animations for items in-game.  Which is basically why they can keep adding new weapons and clothes while someone else works on the stickier problem of player characters warping through the floor.  At least until the number of objects is too high or some complex model has a poorly optimized architecture and the engine or underlying infrastructure can't handle it.  Which is what I assumed just happened.

Just my WAG.

are you in holiday or are you working on the new patch?  :rolleyes:

i would give some  :beans:  if you finish it in this week

You should probably follow the forums or devtracker because its been said thousands of times why so much time passed since the last patch.

Or stop trolling.

Got on one experimental server.

Have been stuck on wait for host for a few minutes before I spawned at berenzino again.

Saw noone , no zeds, no loot couldn't act with anything for the first 2 Minutes, but saw doors open.

Then suddenly everything started to work. Didnt feel any difference in controls though, like others mentiond.

Is it just me only spawning in berenzino and solnichniy 90% of respawns?

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Ok, so i have a 344 mb download for dayz. anyone got a changelog?

I assumed other people might be curious about what we are talking about. ;)

I guess "fast track" would be an appropriate description.  At least in the sense of getting something in front of the end user /client as quickly as possible, even if it's not finished.

My expertise isn't in game development, but I assume that there are a couple of different tracks being worked on here.  "Infrastructure" i.e. server hives, account management, security and whatnot.  The game "engine" which would be the underling physics, collision detection, zombie AI so on and so forth.  And "content", or basically the models, textures, sounds and animations for items in-game.  Which is basically why they can keep adding new weapons and clothes while someone else works on the stickier problem of player characters warping through the floor.  At least until the number of objects is too high or some complex model has a poorly optimized architecture and the engine or underlying infrastructure can't handle it.  Which is what I assumed just happened.

Just my WAG.

I think you're right. Most of what they're doing right now are changes or fixes that only have a subtle impact on the visual part of the gameplay, unlike the visual differences that new items have. What I mean is for example, if you as a player don't experience a lot of dsync and they make that even more stable for those who have problems with it you won't really notice. And it will seem to you as if the new patch only had more hats.

We as humans use our sight as our primary sense of perception, and that means visual changes resonates more with us than for example audio. I mean, I'm pretty damn sure most of us spun around to see where that zombie was at many times before realising the zombie sounds on experimental were bugged. The sound made sense in the context. Something that frame skipping doesn't do. So we react to that immediately.

Edited by Strawman

stable?

Hicks said smth, about a new update for experimental, soo^^

Edited by irishroy

I suppose there is also a reason the experimental keeps getting bigger with more ideas being added to it before the original informaiton is implemented into a Stable Patch, seems over ambigious to keep adding things to an Experimental Idea that is delaying the overall result of the games development as its being given to the players via Experimental ---> Stable.

Now with the addition of Rabbit, Bore, and animal meats, am I to assume that the Experimental will probably be going through another phase of Experimental ---> Experimental of adding Hunting Mechanics & Cooking before its put into Stable, or does this mean that your readying the information nessissary to allow for cooking prior to the Experimental for Hunting & Cooking Mechanics?

I just don't want to see a big Experimental Patch get to the point where it has become too big and your constantly operating on the code to stabilize it when it would of made more sense to add bits at a time, rather than one great big "Here you go on a silver platter," no pun intended (Cooking), with a massive amount of updated information.

Looking forward to some kind of response, via a Experimental --> Stable in March, or a Really, Really, Really, Big Update followed up with the Hunting, Cooking, and Additional Data from the Current Experimental probably sometime in late April, early May.

• Like 3

So the patch is out. Can we finally put this 112 page thread to bed or does it remain a living (undead?) document?

I like how everyone knows what is happening, why its happening and when its gonna happen.. before anything actually happens.

I happen to know most people dont know shit about shit and until OFFICIAL words are spoken.. please stop talking about things you can only presume to know about, like you have a camera in the devs offices or something! frikken annoys me, dont know about anyone else..

Ya'll are Know all.. Know f*ck all's.

• Like 7

Update Speed is currently awful.. but i dont bother. I am playing dayz epoch as long as SA is crappy

Yes, experimental. Want to know whats up with this.... COME ONNNN COOKING!

Kinda sloppy but this should give you the gist of it.

PDZOAuO3_bigger.jpegBrian Hicks ‏@Hicks_206 2h
You may see an experimental update, this is primarily focused on us measuring some data in the hive - however, some map changes are there.

20d4485ac8d7398a1049282e73da97e1_bigger.Yam ‏@YamTabasco 1h
@Hicks_206 changelog?

PDZOAuO3_bigger.jpegBrian Hicks ‏@Hicks_206 1h
@YamTabasco We don't do changelogs for backend changes.

• Like 1

Sounds like its just map changes. too bad. Oh well, all forward progress is good!

Good luck finding a server when its updated.

the exp branch is essentially down. We have just those boxes up right now as we test some stuff, and they are getting -hammered-. Hence the session lost.

So they want to cram the servers that are up to completely full and then see how it handles. No point in updating 50 odd servers just to take them down cos the plan didn't work.

Also they did some messing with the mouse no it's not 1:1

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1