rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

I have issues with commands like drawing weapons, vaulting, opening doors and such. Sometimes it is just a delay between command and action, but sometimes my command simply has no effect, like I'm not hitting any button.

Are these desync issues or do I have other problems. Playing on experimental btw.

Couldn't be bothered to quote it

So far you've contributed 9 posts of absolute horse shit.

Why did you even join this forum?

If you're bored my car needs cleaning..

I have issues with commands like drawing weapons, vaulting, opening doors and such. Sometimes it is just a delay between command and action, but sometimes my command simply has no effect, like I'm not hitting any button.

Are these desync issues or do I have other problems. Playing on experimental btw.

Generally desync issues.

• Like 4

For what we need this "stable" version? This is an alpha and all improvements should appear in game immediately. With all bugs, crashes etc.

Now we have a lot of dissatisfied people and a little bit of experimental servers that always looted and full of players.

I think that all servers must be experimental. The game will be stable in final release.

• Like 4

I am starting to think that they have totally dropped the ball on this now! They have there money, Rocket is leaving and now there is no incentive to truly finish this game, the Arma 2 Mod is better than this in its current state, and the new Breaking Point Mod for Arma 3 looks great and no doubt is already better than what the standalone can become!!! I believe that this was a money milking exercise and as DayZ fans we have been completely duped by the hype and everything we have been promised isn't going to materialise!!!

Edited by JamesLennoxHood
  • Like 4

For what we need this "stable" version? This is an alpha and all improvements should appear in game immediately. With all bugs, crashes etc.

Now we have a lot of dissatisfied people and a little bit of experimental servers that always looted and full of players

I think that all servers must be experimental. The game will be stable in final release.

Your server browser must be different to mine..

Edited by aodqw97

Whatever Dean leave Bohemia at the end of this year this game will be always for ever attached to him.

So if game is weird because Dean dont work on it since he announced he will leave Bohemia this will

come back everydays in front of him while he will work in his new game developer "industry".

People will say, "

Ho yeah it was you, mister dean, who never finished your DayZ standalone and leave your boss ( Bohemia) with a weird game isnt it?"

" So why i should payed for your new game anymore?"

Anyways Dean will finished his DayZ and he will rock in Beta for sure!

So dont worry about patch for stable.

It will come.

But i feel it than Dean dont want to put a patch in stable branch if it keep some bug on it...

It'snt the experimental branch.

it must be, as his name said, stable.

Keep the good job Dev, the Dayz look like evry patch better and better

• Like 1

I am starting to think that they have totally dropped the ball on this now! They have there money, Rocket is leaving and now there is no incentive to truly finish this game, the Arma 2 Mod is better than this in its current state, and the new Breaking Point Mod for Arma 3 looks great and no doubt is already better than what the standalone can become!!! I believe that this was a money milking exercise and as DayZ fans we have been completely duped by the hype and everything we have been promised isn't going to materialise!!!

interesting... all this because the dev didn't want to push more bugs to stable so it was delayed a week so they can figure it out - I really don't understand why people like you buy an alpha release that isn't even close to ready and whine like little spoiled children when the devs run into issues that they feel will break the game overall and don't push out a very buggy update. maybe you should wait until final release to play and stop being a child about it. after all you were warned that this is an unfinished game and may very well be unplayable at times. deal with it and STFU or go play something else in the mean time. I am so sick of seeing these kind of posts.

• Like 3

Troll. GTFO.

interesting... all this because the dev didn't want to push more bugs to stable so it was delayed a week so they can figure it out - I really don't understand why people like you buy an alpha release that isn't even close to ready and whine like little spoiled children when the devs run into issues that they feel will break the game overall and don't push out a very buggy update. maybe you should wait until final release to play and stop being a child about it. after all you were warned that this is an unfinished game and may very well be unplayable at times. deal with it and STFU or go play something else in the mean time. I am so sick of seeing these kind of posts.

Im not saying this because he isnt pushing a new stable, im saying this because there has been nagging fundamental problems from the very beginning of the Alpha release, which they aint fixed yet and doesn't appear to be getting fixed any time soon heres a few examples (lack of zombies and they walk through walls, bad desync, rubberbanding, glitching through walls letting other players see you) these are fundamental things just to name a few, all these things should be fixed pretty quickly and i am losing faith in the dev teams ability to fix these things at all. Stop your fanboyism its embarrassing, they have your money now and you are their bitch. I have stopped playing dayz  for a couple of weeks and wont be touching it again for at least a few more months and i am still hoping that everything works out OK But i am really worried about the state of development. When i come back to play what are the chances of the same problems being in the game by then? i would say pretty darn high!!

• Like 6

I have stopped playing dayz  for a couple of weeks and wont be touching it again for at least a few more months...

oh thank god

Edited by Elle
  • Like 1

Dayz will go on with or with out you and you know you will be back, your curiosity will get the better of you.

• Like 1

It could be related to the fact that the most important contents are being worked in the backstage, so you won't notice them for a long while, but we can't deny the fact that each new update doesn't introduce any significant innovation and there's nothing (for the majority of players) that could invite us to touch it again: a new apple, a new helmet, 5 more zombies. I don't know what to think honestly, everything is going (apparently) very very slow and Dean (with his rumination) is not helping to be optimistic.

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 2

I can't wait for a year from now when many of the people who say "Relax it's early Alpha" finally realize that their hopes and dreams are misguided.  I sincerely hope I am wrong.  I really enjoy the game and would like to see it succeed, but I am getting a strong feeling that we are all going to be disappointed. 

• Like 6

all this because the dev didn't want to push more bugs to stable so it was delayed a week.

Your a few weeks off there, trust me the delay has been longer than a week even you must admit that.

Player activity (statistics from SteamGraph)

c88yUuB.gif

12 February : Last stable update 0.35 provided a significant boost (climax D+3).
Then fresh update has maintained normal activity for 12 days.    *A bi-monthly update could be a bit too long ?

Anyhow, past that 12 days time, activity indubitably decline...
It is a matter of concern because alpha and later beta are supposed to grow popularity for build up final release day.

I guess it would require greater updates content within a limited time basis* to winback users and catch up mid february activity.
Critical time it is, redouble efforts now and you should overcome it.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Edited by JiJi
  • Like 5

Player activity (statistics from SteamGraph)

c88yUuB.gif

12 February : Last stable update 0.35 provided a significant boost (climax D+3).

Then fresh update has maintained normal activity for 12 days.    *A bi-monthly update could be a bit too long ?

Anyhow, past that 12 days time, activity indubitably decline...

It is a matter of concern because alpha and later beta are supposed to grow activity for build up final release day.

I guess it would require greater updates content within a limited time basis* to winback users and catch up mid february activity.

Critical time it is, redouble efforts now and you should overcome it.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I don't think activity is a problem, I mean.. I haven't touched DayZ since launch but I'm still checking forums almost daily. I'm just waiting for a release that is more "playable" (probably when they add bases/tents/bags you can hide that give you more of a purpose in the game).

I'm sure theres thousands that don't play right now but are lurking around. I watch streams a lot tho but playing the game myself isn't that exciting atm. I'll be playing when it has all of the good stuff in. :P

• Like 1

This game is in Alpha so slow progress is expected.  It's gonna take awhile for things to be fixed and implemented and it will never be what you want it to be (the things being fixed).  Rocket leaving doesn't mean the project wont be finished, especially since they hired a whole new group of people to bring on the project.  Rocket isn't taking off with the money or anything like that.  All the money they have made is project funds.If anything, the departure of Rocket and doubling the team should potentially speed up the process a bit or at least there should be more things changed from patch to patch in more areas.  Until this game hits Beta, it is gonna be bug central and you were told that before, when, and after you purchased it.  The only thing that I hope is that the ideas that Rocket had tor how things will be in the end (how things work, look, and what not) will still be close to his ideas of how it should be.  He seemed to have a grasp on the big picture of it and how everything will work together to make the game awesome.  Development cycles are not as simple as the majority of you think or everyone would be making games that are bug free (which bug free games don't exist).

• Like 2

Your a few weeks off there, trust me the delay has been longer than a week even you must admit that.

yes its just over 2 weeks now - that seems like a couple to me actually - not quite a "few" but after 3 or 4 weeks of no updates then i'll concede a "few"

yes its just over 2 weeks now - that seems like a couple to me actually - not quite a "few" but after 3 or 4 weeks of no updates then i'll concede a "few"

They are being vocal about it.  If they said nothing for two weeks I might be slightly concerned.

• Like 1

"Fk the naysayers cause they don't mean a thing..." -311

Enjoy the mods if you can't be on board for the development. Alpha is awesome and my crew is getting more of the map under our feet than those who cry and give up on this great game. Gimme  yo beans!

there are only 4 experimental servers right now that are open, the rest they are working on, look at the tweets, they are testing them and preparing for an update....it will come just gotta wait

wow, don't know what to say, ... but the current exp. is a total mess imho. xD

Keep rubberbanding + (new for me) got some random unconscious. Thumbs down. Yeah, its alpha... but testing isnt fun/remotly possible at the current stage imho

wow, don't know what to say, ... but the current exp. is a total mess imho. xD

Keep rubberbanding + (new for me) got some random unconscious. Thumbs down. Yeah, its alpha... but testing isnt fun/remotly possible at the current stage imho

yo just read my preveious post...they are working on it..

yo just read my preveious post...they are working on it..

Any source? Just found some external (twitter) notes from yesterday? Thought they got their shit streight... ;(

Edit: As mentioned earlier in this thread... Dev-Team : Please intruduce a proper source of informations on things like exp. builds/changelogs. Imho it sucks to read through reddit/twitter... yeah, dev-tracker is there, but there are soooo much of unimportant things, too.

Edited by HardstylerSL
  • Like 1