rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

No, what I mean is they shouldn't have announced it until they were sure to keep that date, in other words when the new update is already finished, polished (as much as can be expected in an alpha), laying in the closet for release and it's just about what maintenance period it will be.

Edit: typo, making sense

I'm sorry... what's an acceptable date for deploying alpha patches... for things that may take ??? amount of manhours to track down? Just curious... I think it is generally accepted that any patches and any bug fixing are released on soft dates. That we can "anticipate" updates during scheduled maintenance. WTF is so hard to understand about an alpha??? Jesus man...

• Like 2

I can't play on stable anymore. I can't access my inventory on any server, I can't take my weapon. I can only walk. Anyone is experiencing this too?

Means you're probably handcuffed.

Means you're probably handcuffed.

Then he should be died allready cuz log off while handcuffed. Sounds more like high desync or sum like that.

Edited by Guest

no announcement for possible delay of stable version today?

from rocket it not possible to push to the stable version or update a new dev branch today due to a serious issue of huge net bandwidth consume.

Edited by msy

Then he should be died allready cuz log off while handcuffed. Sounds more like high desync or sum like that.

Maybe someone handcuffed him right after the logoff?

The way I see it, DayZ SA once finish will be one of a few game that have a repetitive playing ability. Those scripted game will become dull and bored after a few months/years. I for one will definitely keep playing this game until they turn off the server. I can see that this game will evolve in year to come to be one of the greatest game ever.

Awesome work DEV, keep up the good work!!

• Like 7

Maybe someone handcuffed him right after the logoff?

So you think he's handcuffed-bugged?

Never handcuffed someone while he's in the combatlogtimer, but i guess he should be also death on the next login or atleast he should be handcuffed on the next server, but from what he told us, he tried quiet a few servers.

I'm goin to give it a try and get handcuffed while loggin out, lets see if we have a handcuffbug here :)

Yeah correct, but from what I could tell form Dean lately was that they were having more people over to work on features rather than core.

They have more people in to work on the hunting system. That most likely means more scripters and coders. Not artists.

How so?

Because they said so.

If I am not mistaken about the meaning of "bite off more than one can chew" it is used here quite correctly by Brian, as the developers postponed an announced update twice. If you give a date you have to keep it, no matter if alpha or whatever. I had been fine with an 3D-Realms-style "when it's done" but this is just annoying because you build up anticipation just to disappoint it. Please correct me if this wasn't your point or if you got more of an argument than ROFLMAO.

Edit: Confused 3D-Realms with ID-Software

If you don't set a deadline you'll have nothing to work towards trying to achieve when working on a part goal. Setting deadlines are important, but it's not like you actually die if you do not cross the line in time. :)

Edited by Strawman
  • Like 1

They have more people in to work on the hunting system. That most likely means more scripters and coders. Not artists.

Because they said so.

If you don't set a deadline you'll have nothing to work towards trying to achieve when working on a part goal. Setting deadlines are important, but it's not like you actually die if you do not cross the line in time. :)

imagine if you did die!!

I don't mean to rant Bullshit, I do apologize for taking away from your forum experience. This thread would be boring as hell if it was just the #Dayzfanboys in here though. It would be sickly.

And yet its much worse for having a cunt like you in it. Strange eh?
  • Like 4

Oh, today's stable looks clean.

Yes, sweeped for bugs and it got horsepower!

i dont think so.. :D i mean they will tell us some days before if they bring the patch?..

Seeing how long this thread has gotten since the last stable patch makes me sad.

I've been playing experimental for the past couple days and I'm not having many of the problems other users are reporting. Luck maybe?

• Like 1

And yet its much worse for having a cunt like you in it. Strange eh?

Where on earth did you come from? 

i dont think so..  :D i mean they will tell us some days before if they bring the patch?..

Nope they will tell us about 20 mins after the deadline (which they didn't meet) that they are crushing bugs still

Seeing how long this thread has gotten since the last stable patch makes me sad.

Blame Dean, hes the one who merged 2 versions into one thread.

Good to see the Dayz team being active again though letting us all know whats happening. I swear they couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery.

Edited by Maximum

Where on earth did you come from? 

Nope they will tell us about 20 mins after the deadline (which they didn't meet) that they are crushing bugs still

Good to see the Dayz team being active again though letting us all know whats happening. I swear they couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery.

wisecracker, you are.

there is still no new ETA for stable, stop hope for something wich clearly will not happen.

Personally I don't have no problems with waiting patch. It's certainly better to have it stable than blow out some crappy shit. This is still alpha right? You all read the disclaimer right? So all whining noobs, please uninstall.

• Like 2

You all know that the update comes after the downtown, right?

Not looking to assign blame. It really doesn't do much.

• Like 1

No update with todays maintenance, however - Our programming team has narrowed down the fix on the blocking bug.

Hicks in twitter

Edited by WhiteWolfFin
  • Like 1