rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

And i don't even know what the blocking bug was, after weeks on the experimental. Lol.

• Like 1

Where on earth did you come from? 

Nope they will tell us about 20 mins after the deadline (which they didn't meet) that they are crushing bugs still

Blame Dean, hes the one who merged 2 versions into one thread.

Good to see the Dayz team being active again though letting us all know whats happening. I swear they couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery.

The thing is you dont understand what this thread and firstpost is here for.

Its really simple.

They are listing all changes between current stable release and current experimental release in the first post.

No need to make a new thread for now.

And i don't even know what the blocking bug was, after weeks on the experimental. Lol.

AFAIK it was due to invisible zeds/players for some clients on 0.37

At least thats what they said it was...

That one I know about, but why call it "block bug"? Anyway, whatever, it doesn't matter. Bugs are normal in alpha, little development (because of bugfixing?) scares me more :/

Edited by Gugolas

AFAIK it was due to invisible zeds/players for some clients on 0.37

At least thats what they said it was...

Okay, if Hicks means this bug with invisible players and t-pose guys in the floor, then that's pretty good.

And who the hell thought today will be a stable update? :D MAYBE next week, or the week after. But I'm 100% sure this week won't come shit.

Gonna try experimental again right now, maybe desync n stuff got a little better...

Hopefully they will learn now not to give dates of when they intend to push to stable because they are just embarrassing themselves, i hear you cry ALPHA but it seems like they are a bunch of cowboys. Doesn't matter now anyway the snowball effect has started they will be forever chasing their asses. They have narrowed this bug down (not actually found it yet) but then theres still all the other bugs that will need fixing, and then when experimental updates all those bugs aswell and so on.

Okay, if Hicks means this bug with invisible players and t-pose guys in the floor, then that's pretty good.

And who the hell thought today will be a stable update? :D MAYBE next week, or the week after. But I'm 100% sure this week won't come shit.

Gonna try experimental again right now, maybe desync n stuff got a little better...

People who followed Hicks last week thought it.

Anyway, experimental is still the same as yesterday atm.

Seems like the update is coming..!?

No Servers online right now, except the Experimental ones...

People who followed Hicks last week thought it.

Anyway, experimental is still the same as yesterday atm.

I follow Hicks, read that, had a good and loud laugh. Don't trust dem Devs on twitter, reddit and so on. They we're lying for the past 2 Weeks about new updates. Yesterday, he even called the 0.42 mess "awesome!" :D You clearly can't take them seriously...

• Like 2

That one I know about, but why call it "block bug"? Anyway, whatever, it doesn't matter. Bugs are normal in alpha, little development (because of bugfixing?) scares me more :/

Block Bug = the bug that blocks stable from being released.

What do you mean by little development? Things take time to get finished, you'll learn that once you follow some alpha's or even beta's. 

Dead T-Pose People are a bug in 0.42. It shouldn't happen in 0.37

Hopefully they will learn now not to give dates of when they intend to push to stable because they are just embarrassing themselves, i hear you cry ALPHA but it seems like they are a bunch of cowboys. Doesn't matter now anyway the snowball effect has started they will be forever chasing their asses. They have narrowed this bug down (not actually found it yet) but then theres still all the other bugs that will need fixing, and then when experimental updates all those bugs aswell and so on.

You clearly have no idea about game developing and never followed any other alphas/betas or game releases. They are getting posponed quite a lot even by guys from Blizzard or whatnot.

Seems like the update is coming..!?

No Servers online right now, except the Experimental ones...

Nope just regular maintance....

I follow Hicks, read that, had a good and loud laugh. Don't trust dem Devs on twitter, reddit and so on. They we're lying for the past 2 Weeks about new updates. Yesterday, he even called the 0.42 mess "awesome!" :D You clearly can't take them seriously...

Yeah lying right.

0.42 is awesome to a lot of people. To others not. Thats unfortunate but it will get probably better once the next experimental update arrives. What do you expect them to do or say anyways? They are working on a game, they don't have time to fix every little detail as soon as someone crys. They have something like a plan worked out how to progress on the overall project not to make every new Experimental stable as soon as possible....

People really need to understand that buying an early access game doesn't mean they have any right on regular updates to be playable and more awesome then the previous one.

Actually the game developers have more work to do when they allow people to early access. Like maintaining servers and pushing out regular stable builds for players.

They did this probably because they needed cash faster then they would be finished with the game but they clearly warned everyone to not buy it.

So please people stop complaining already. Its your fault for buying unfinished stuff in the first place. If you are going to rant pls don't do so in threads for experimental releases...

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 3

Seems like you don't like to read?

He maybe refuses to believe a company would be willing to lose so much credibility by promising so much and giving so little over and over (and over).

Probably because it happens when you run against an object that blocks pathing, which results in the render of your character staying where it was "blocked" while on your screen you keep moving and interacting with the world, in turn creating the illusion that your rendered character is staying in the spot where it got blocked and keep perform all the animations following your actions, while you actually are somewhere else on the map. There was several videos showing this bug posted here on the forum. It's sort of like an astral journey. Your "body" stays in one place, while your spirit travels to another place. But you can still interact.

They're not embarassing themselves. It's common practice to state a time and date as a goal that you try to achieve. It's not a promise in any way. It's like you say, their intention. I can't fathom how you do not comprehend this. It's pretty simple. Or, it could be that you actually understand it, but you're just here to troll. But to be honest I don't give two shits and a martini which it is, because you're time and again proving that you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion and although several people have tried to explain the situation to you, you just don't seem to listen, or try to understand and just keep spewing your rancid hate on them.

If only you'd be mature enough about it to be constructive, maybe people would take you seriously.

He maybe refuses to believe a company would be willing to lose so much credibility by promising so much and giving so little over and over (and over).

Again, it's not a promise. They haven't promised you anything. They have been so kind as to share their intended time of the update. They didn't manage to make that deadline. That you guys keep talking about the devs "lying" and "not holding true to their promise" reeks of a spoilt sense of entitlement.

You're entitled to participate in an early access alpha product testing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Strawman
  • Like 6

By little development I mean core features or parts of them. Not other things wich are beeing done. Haven't seen them since alpha release.

Bugfixing, as you with your experience teach, should not be such a priority in this phase - but every team does what considers better, of course. Anyway, lack of comunication is the real problem.

Yes, I think you got the block bug meaning right.

Edit: lol, I see everyone has his own idea of block bug, means we really don't know what he meant. Lack of communication, as I said.

Edited by Gugolas

I hope they bring in spaceships......lol

I have had too many bacon sandwiches today

Probably because it happens when you run against an object that blocks pathing, which results in the render of your character staying where it was "blocked" while on your screen you keep moving and interacting with the world, in turn creating the illusion that your rendered character is staying in the spot where it got blocked and keep perform all the animations following your actions, while you actually are somewhere else on the map. There was several videos showing this bug posted here on the forum. It's sort of like an astral journey. Your "body" stays in one place, while your spirit travels to another place. But you can still interact.

[...]

[...]

Edit: lol, I see everyone has his own idea of block bug, means we really don't know what he meant. Lack of communication, as I said.

Well acutally we are both speaking about the same bug. People/Zeds becoming invisible.  :)

Edited by Ellen Ripley

By little development I mean core features or parts of them. Not other things wich are beeing done. Haven't seen them since alpha release.

Bugfixing, as you with your experience teach, should not be such a priority in this phase - but every team does what considers better, of course. Anyway, lack of comunication is the real problem.

Lack of communications shows the developers attitude to their customers...IMHO.

• Like 1

We might get it right, but as daily followers we shouldn't be guessing what bug is. It should be clear.

• Like 2

Lack of communications shows the developers attitude to their customers...IMHO.

Shows their priority on working on the project rather then spending time on explaining everything to their customers actually...

Or would you like them to spend money they could invest in a developer/artist into an community manager?

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Spending money to write some lines every some days?!

Anyway, this is not a finished game, but an alpha. Yes, they should involve more their testers, explaining things.

I hope they bring in spaceships......

This has been confirmed.. Long time ago.  

Come on, MAN!  :P

I wouldn't mind if they did communicate more about the project of course.

But I don't care so much as long as progress is happening.

I just don't think its really necessary for them to work 8-12 hours a day on the game and also taking time to write us long statements as how something was meant or why something was done a specific way. Its a waste of time and effort. Some will enjoy those informations but mostly people will start bitching and arguing about it like in here for example.

See I would get really tired if people flip every word I say/write around and misinterpret these. Thats causing only more trouble. ( like dean saying he will probably leave bohemia after the alpha phase )

Also they do weekly reports and theres a monthly devblog. Check those out if you haven't already.

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Shows their priority on working on the project rather then spending time on explaining everything to their customers actually...

Or would you like them to spend money they could invest in a developer/artist into an community manager?

Thats total BS, it would take a couple of minutes to write a tweet/post with a simple explanation, they don't need to go into depth just how they are getting on with it and the problem its causing. And to be honest with all the money they have made, YES i would love for them to hire a community manager like any decent company would have already. 

With the amount of buttlove you have been handing out to the devs it wouldn't surprise me if it was more than just coincidence that your called Ellen Ripley and that DayZ dev dude is called Hicks.

• Like 2

Our server just came back online..  :thumbsup: