rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

It is really hard to understand how some people are active on this forum or reddit, without being able to read or to understand what they are reading.

I do not know how many times Rocket wrote/said something like "It's early Alpha. It will be for some time. DO NOT BUY THE GAME, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE BUGS... " and so on and so forth.

I think these attentionhungry-ragekids (of which I became one myself with this post in some way) are even delaying progress, because whoever works at Bohemia and reads that bullsh*t, should be somewhat mad and extend the caffee-pause I think.

Anyway. That said: DayZ is probably the best game I ever played so far.

Cheers

Edited by Ivanho

It's definitely the only game I've played (aside from EVE) that gives me an adrenaline rush... xD

current status of Dayz:

Development team:

bug-stomp-o.gif

Wiki editors:

tumblr_m0witd28AM1r6564to1_400.gif

Forum crybabies and the clear thinking Forum members:

a1814d06c2c2440d518146d00ed09e79.gif

Edited by basinox

The new way the FoV works kinda makes me feel cramped.  I have to put it up all the way to get out of the cramped feel but when I right click with a weapon, the view has to zoom out a little bit more to accommodate to the FoV.  I understand what you're aiming for with it, im just wondering if you will ever make it so that when you iron sight that it will be set closer to the actual iron sights by default?  make it so the FoV doesn't affect the iron sights view is what im saying.  it just doesn't really help with shooting if looking down the iron sights feels like holding the gun out in front of me as far as I can. :\

It is nice to have FoV control in game, though... rather than have to edit it in the configs (as it was with the mod).  The issue with the "aiming" view was brought up by Sacriel during one of his streams that Rocket was participating in.  Sacriel made the suggestion that going into "aiming" view should automatically revert the FoV to default so that the mil dots on scopes would be standard for everyone.  Rocket thought that was a great idea... so, we'll see if that makes it into the game.

• Like 2

It is nice to have FoV control in game, though... rather than have to edit it in the configs (as it was with the mod).  The issue with the "aiming" view was brought up by Sacriel during one of his streams that Rocket was participating in.  Sacriel made the suggestion that going into "aiming" view should automatically revert the FoV to default so that the mil dots on scopes would be standard for everyone.  Rocket thought that was a great idea... so, we'll see if that makes it into the game.

Cool.  Thanks for the info.  I hope it ends up like that   The two things I noticed was the FoV change and the no zoom, which is all understandable with where he is trying to lead it and it should be good when its all nice and polished.  I kinda wish they would've waited to take out zooming until they added binoculars (or I just haven't found them yet).  I feel like many veterans will have the advantage because of how fast they can get a gun a scope compared to newer players, but I wouldn't think it would give them too much zoom unless its a sniper scope right?  I only had a broken scope on an m4 once and it barely added any zoom at all (if any).

I feel somehow that Zombies are dong a better job of following you on exp. Devs are on teh right track ... because i never seen Zombies run up there

(industrial  office building elktro)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235491972

And i rly like the nonstop zombie spawning party! Last time 8 randome people got together to try to survive the hords of zombies in berinzino. it took 20min all bullets and in teh end everyone ran in different

directions with no bullets letf to defend them. it was just awesome!

Keep up the work and cant wait to be able to throw things at my fellow survivers!

ya i agree, zombies have gotten a lot better. Shoot one bullet in the middle of a city and watch a dozen flock to you. Good stuff

• Like 2

I only saw one person in this thread mention that opening doors seems to lag on 0.42 compare to current live version, last night a few of us were on an experimental server and it seems that the door lag was pretty bad - it was both the icons appearing quite late and also when attempting to open the door it was either immediate or if it lagged it took between about 2 and 5 seconds to open.

Has anyone else experienced this or was this due to the fact that all experimental servers were full while the normal servers were down for maintenance?

You see, I don't need detailed technical explanation to understand what is going on and why no update on stable. Anyway I like explanations. And the post from reddit was dedicated to the majority who is irritated that there was no update on stable. Even if he (rocket) would have posted here that explanation, here are so many unuseful posts that someone who is reading after two days would barely find that explanation. This kind of explanation would be better made as an announcement.

Me neither. If I'm told that there are unexpected bugs delaying the patch I think that is pretty self explanatory. And I agree that delays are best communicated to the community. However, I don't think shouting obscenities at them is a constructive way to get them to speak (not saying you did, but some do). Personally I expect them to make an announcement. But I expect them to do it when they're ready. Not when I am ready. Not when I demand it.

I think that pretty much sums up my only complaint. Too much twittering and almost no forum updates to speak of. That's a little annoying.

I'm not surprised that they don't hang out here and sing Koum-bah-yah. If I was them I'd avoid this forum like the plague.

In some ways, as much as I despise Creative Assembly for being arsehats, they do it right on their forums using a CM. However, Moderators deleting, hiding, and deliberately burying negative posts by upset community members... not so much. That's just poor ethics on their part, which seems to be par for the course for them since the move to Sega.

Gist... CM's can definitely be a good thing if used properly. That way you don't get PR nightmares like Dean's announcement that he was "going to spend everyone's dollar on Mt Everest, travel the world, leave DayZ in the dust and go back to his family in NZ" and that the reason for it, that DayZ "is broken." ;)

And that's why you can get a Master in Communication. ;)

• Like 1

I only saw one person in this thread mention that opening doors seems to lag on 0.42 compare to current live version, last night a few of us were on an experimental server and it seems that the door lag was pretty bad - it was both the icons appearing quite late and also when attempting to open the door it was either immediate or if it lagged it took between about 2 and 5 seconds to open.

Has anyone else experienced this or was this due to the fact that all experimental servers were full while the normal servers were down for maintenance?

I logged out in a building on .37 and when it updated to .42 i still havn't got past the fury of doors lagging to get of of the building yet. I get annoyed straight away and revert back to stable

I have discovered that the no zoom and bad FoV I was experiencing was due to my controller being plugged in.  I don't know why but once I unplugged it everything went back to normal and I can zoom again fine.  I still would like to see the fix for iron sights at default FoV.

Cool.  Thanks for the info.  I hope it ends up like that   The two things I noticed was the FoV change and the no zoom, which is all understandable with where he is trying to lead it and it should be good when its all nice and polished.  I kinda wish they would've waited to take out zooming until they added binoculars (or I just haven't found them yet).  I feel like many veterans will have the advantage because of how fast they can get a gun a scope compared to newer players, but I wouldn't think it would give them too much zoom unless its a sniper scope right?  I only had a broken scope on an m4 once and it barely added any zoom at all (if any).

The long range scope is a sniper scope and has some zoom on it... it only fits the M4 and the Mosin... Maybe it'll fit the Sporter, I don't know.  But scopes can be hard to find for anyone.  Took me a few days to find an unbroken PU scope for my SKS... didn't see a long range scope in all that time.  Mostly came across M4 short range optics.  Finally, after about a week, I managed to find optics for my pistol, which is nice.

I'm currently running with the FNX45, SKS and an Amphibia S... which, it turns out, is really good at taking out zeds at 20-30m or so if they haven't spotted you yet - 1 shot to the head.

The long range scope is a sniper scope and has some zoom on it... it only fits the M4 and the Mosin.

The long range only fits the mosin u probably meant the acog for m4 wich got a slight zoom. There might be a huntigscope in the future, probably for the blaze b95 - we will see!

btw regarding to rockets last reddit post they got a viable exp-patch/hotfix/version preparing for deployment before the next scheduled maintenance - YAY!

Edited by Guest

btw regarding to rockets last reddit post they got a viable exp-patch/hotfix/version preparing for deployment before the next scheduled maintenance - YAY!

Is there a link to confirm this?

Is there a link to confirm this?

Sure, sorry.

Our current highest priority is stabilizing the current build, even at the expense of reverting work already done if that is what is needed. The moment we have a viable build we will prepare for an unscheduled update, regardless of the day. So there will be some notice but we will not wait until scheduled maintenance.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/207ueh/no_patch_today/cg0ta2t?context=1

He's just saying the "the moment they have" a fix, they will notify us, not that they have one at the moment. They're still working on it as far as what I can tell from Twitter, Reddit, etc.

• Like 1

It helps a bit still. Many people in this thread have been complaining more about not being informed than the patch being delayed. So I guess it's a good start. Hopefully they can pull something together as the stable branch patch has gotten a bit stale.

It helps a bit still. Many people in this thread have been complaining more about not being informed than the patch being delayed. So I guess it's a good start. Hopefully they can pull something together as the stable branch patch has gotten a bit stale.

Yes, it is good to see Rocket posting on Reddit again. Hopefully he gets back to his old self pre-NewZealandGate and keeps talking to the community. There are still a lot of dinguses among the redditors, but the majority just want the transparency and honesty back. Someone said it above - he IS the community manager. He's the face of the game, whether he likes it or not, and a good amount of us bought into this because of his dedication and enthusiasm. These last couple of weeks of dead silence have been disconcerting, and save for Chris Torchia  and a few pithy comments from Hicks, it's been very Un-DayZ like in terms of development and communication.

The long range only fits the mosin u probably meant the acog for m4 wich got a slight zoom. There might be a huntigscope in the future, probably for the blaze b95 - we will see!

You are right about the scope... yes, it's the ACOG for the m4 and the long range for the mosin.

And to be clear, Rocket did not say the have a viable exp-patch/hotfix/version preparing for deployment before the next scheduled maintenance.

He said the moment they have one to deploy to stable, they will do an unscheduled update and will not wait for a scheduled maintenance.  That could be tomorrow, it could be this weekend, it could be any day next week or the week after, et cetera.  There was no timeline given - he just said they wouldn't wait to deliver it once it was ready.

I wonder how many people complaining about the supposed slowness of development (Maximum) have ever had any experience developing a game at this stage? Slow vs fast is a subjective judgment. What's your frame of reference? In fact I'd love to take a count. Who on this forum has actually developed a game before? Raise your hand........

Edited by paisius77
  • Like 2

I wonder how many people complaining about the supposed slowness of development (Maximum) have ever had any experience developing a game at this stage? Slow vs fast is a subjective judgment. What's your frame of reference? In fact I'd love to take a count. Who on this forum has actually developed a game before? Raise your hand........

Strongly agree!

I actually think there is effective and frequent updating/patching/fixing/tweaking.

I'm very impressed by how fast they react and communicate to the audience.

Patches like this take dome some nasty stuff and just some minor annoyances.

Great stuff, keep it up!

Edited by Circuleer

Me neither. If I'm told that there are unexpected bugs delaying the patch I think that is pretty self explanatory. And I agree that delays are best communicated to the community. However, I don't think shouting obscenities at them is a constructive way to get them to speak (not saying you did, but some do). Personally I expect them to make an announcement. But I expect them to do it when they're ready. Not when I am ready. Not when I demand it.

Totally agree.

have experienced the same late night