rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

You're taking on more than you can chew. I'm not one of the "give DayZ Standalone" people. And I wont judge the game until it's complete. BUT one might wonder the prioritization of the standalone development. Why not make sure core features actually work, before adding secondaty stuff?

You still here? Shoo, go play BF4 or something...

It's been said so many times, which is exactly why I told you to learn to read, before posting again.. Yet, here you are, asking the same questions, which have been asked so many times, and answered so many times..

There's developers, coders, scripters, designers etc etc, all working on different aspects of the game ( cant believe I got tricked into typing this all out again ). Just because designers are faster at creating a hat or a gun, does not mean they should stop working, because the scripters and coders are not as fast with debugging and optimizing ( compared to designers/3d artists )

So now that you are also educated, can you please go away? Please?

Also, telling me I take on more than I can chew? Is that supposed to be a threat, oh great keyboard warrior?

• Like 3

Did anyone here back that OTHER crowdfunded sci-fi game?   You all know the one.

The only difference in game development between this and that is that the DayZ team is obviously smaller.  But the issues are the same.  Teams do what they do.  If the team working on core issues like server stability havn't got things sorted out yet, it doesn't mean that the artists, designers and feature teams are going to stop pumping out their end.

What are they supposed to do?  Hold on putting in ANY features thereby stalling the whole process and idling most of their teams?  That's idiocy.

That's why it's called an ALPHA.  Features and core mechanics are still all being worked on at once.

BETA is where it is all essentially done except for minor issues and you work out the last brutal 10% of the game to get it ready for release.

Does this game strike anyone as being "almost all done?"  No?  Didn't think so.

Edited by Advil000
  • Like 4

Hey ive got an idea?

How about they add Vehicles... Now...Please...

if you need a fundimental reason, People will buy your game if you add vehicles.

Plus it makes the game much more Bareable.

Also.... is the next update coming soon? or...

i was told it would be implimented on wednesday 12th by Rockets announcement b4 hicks edited it out.

Edited by Aruze
  • Like 1

Maximum is only ranting bullshit.

Can someone pls shut him up already? Its really tiresome following this thread with such a person around.

@Fortune_Finder

Do you know how programming works? Or how complex game development is?
Because AFAIK:

It would be a huge mistake to make all of the "core"  features to work/optimize ( whatever that is from your perspectiv ).

Why? Because things will still change drastically when new features are implementend. That means they would have to rework the core then fix/optimize it AGAIN before morving on to the next feature and starting all over again with reprogramming the core fixing it and optimizing and so on and so on. This would only result in less features overall by the end of development.

Building the core for every feature first, combining them to work with the whole system without crashing it completly is what they are doing now.

Once all core-mechanics of features theyd like to have in the final game are ready they'll start to focus und fixing bugs and optimizing them (which is called beta). Doing it this way theyll have more time to implement more features overall.

Btw. I am not sure if I am right but this is how I understand programming/game development from my little knowledge of those things...

lol 2 guys explaining the same thing before me I am such a slowpoke :(

@Aruze

I really hope you are trolling.

As if they didnt think about implementing those already...

I would really love an option to downvote posts....guess i'll have to use reddit more often.

Edited by Ellen Ripley

You're taking on more than you can chew. I'm not one of the "give DayZ Standalone" people. And I wont judge the game until it's complete. BUT one might wonder the prioritization of the standalone development. Why not make sure core features actually work, before adding secondaty stuff?

Why not? Probably because that would mean that 2/3 of the team would just sit there twiddling their thumbs for a month or two, when they could instead work on assets for the game. 

Are the CR75 and the Amphibians S vehicles?

CR75 = CZ-75 9mm pistol.

Amphipia S = Ruger Mk II Amphibian S internally suppressed .22LR pistol. 

I can't play on stable anymore. I can't access my inventory on any server, I can't take my weapon. I can only walk. Anyone is experiencing this too?

Maximum is only ranting bullshit.

Can someone pls shut him up already? Its really tiresome following this thread with such a person around

I don't mean to rant Bullshit, I do apologize for taking away from your forum experience. This thread would be boring as hell if it was just the #Dayzfanboys in here though. It would be sickly.

• Like 1

Hurry up and release the update already damn it! My patience is wearing thin. I expect a deadline by this week or I will be very disappointed. DayZ Development Team: You bit off more than you can chew for this update.

Hurry up and release the update already damn it! My patience is wearing thin. I expect a deadline by this week or I will be very disappointed. DayZ Development Team: You bit off more than you can chew for this update.

I know I shouldn't, but....

ROFLMAO!

Yay hopefully patch out today!!

How so?

[...] DayZ Development Team: You bit off more than you can chew for this update.

I know I shouldn't, but....

ROFLMAO!

If I am not mistaken about the meaning of "bite off more than one can chew" it is used here quite correctly by Brian, as the developers postponed an announced update twice. If you give a date you have to keep it, no matter if alpha or whatever. I had been fine with an 3D-Realms-style "when it's done" but this is just annoying because you build up anticipation just to disappoint it. Please correct me if this wasn't your point or if you got more of an argument than ROFLMAO.

Edit: Confused 3D-Realms with ID-Software

Edited by Tsimmi
  • Like 1

If I am not mistaken about the meaning of "bite off more than one can chew" it is used here quite correctly by Brian, as the developers postponed an announced update twice. If you give a date you have to keep it, no matter if alpha or whatever. I had been fine with an ID-Software-style "when it's done" but this is just annoying because you build up anticipation just to disappoint it. Please correct me if this wasn't your point or if you got more of an argument than ROFLMAO.

So you mean they should've deployed a version which would have introduced more bugs and glitches rather than postponing the deployment and addressing the issues before the rollout?

So you mean they should've deployed a version which would have introduced more bugs and glitches rather than postponing the deployment and addressing the issues before the rollout?

No, what I mean is they shouldn't have announced it until they were sure to keep that date, in other words when the new update is already finished, polished (as much as can be expected in an alpha), laying in the closet for release and it's just about what maintenance period it will be.

Edit: typo, making sense

Edited by Tsimmi

guess it was just well-meant or too optimistic, pretty sure they learned from it, from now:

Duke-Nukem-Forever-Delayed-Again-2.jpg

Edited by Guest

If I am not mistaken about the meaning of "bite off more than one can chew" it is used here quite correctly by Brian, as the developers postponed an announced update twice. If you give a date you have to keep it, no matter if alpha or whatever. I had been fine with an ID-Software-style "when it's done" but this is just annoying because you build up anticipation just to disappoint it. Please correct me if this wasn't your point or if you got more of an argument than ROFLMAO.

My ROFLMAO was for the whole post really... Not for grammar or correct use of a saying, but more the fact that it sounded like the guy was giving the developers an ultimatum; if there's no update tomorrow, I'll...I'll... I'll be really disappointed, and will have to start asking for a refund! Really, if there's no update, despite an update being announced and cancelled twice or three times now, I expect the developers to know more than me, and they'll have a damn good reason for not pushing a patch to stable! If you can't wait for a patch to hit stable, go experimental instead.. Dont complain here, it doesnt help anyone, and posts like Brian made, just make him look like a whiney little kid, whose favorite toy got stolen by a bully...

• Like 5

How so?

i said "hopefully"..i didnt say "Patch out today"

ummm. The patch came out last week dude lol

to stable.."Hopefully"

Edited by mareak

Wait so if rabbit leg , boar steak and chicken leg are added this experimental , are we going to see hunting with the next experimental ?? :)

I think it's pretty obvious not many people have ever been apart of an Alpha before (let alone and early alpha). Everything that's in the game and or being worked on should totally be expected.

No.  Because an "alpha" is typically used for internal testing and not released to the general public.  Really, DayZ standalone is a poorly tested open "beta".

No.  Because an "alpha" is typically used for internal testing and not released to the general public.  Really, DayZ standalone is a poorly tested open "beta".

Or... it's a public alpha... like most early access games on steam. Yes, typically alphas are only used for internal testing, that happens not to be the case here or in other early access games...

"typically", yes...golfclubs usual made for golfing too, but ppl get their heads smashed by an iron 7.

dev/nightlybuilds are totally common be accesable for public. There is no law about what stage a software need for a public release.

It this is supposed to be a betabuild, 90% of the content where implemented already.

If they made their alphastage not public, we probably had end 2015 a closed beta...

Kinda games (sandbox) r great having a accesable alphastage, stop moaning about - be happy.

Edited by Guest

Ok ladies must we really argue about this ? Who ever is bitching about the rate of the alpha just go learn to code , 3d design and a bunch of other shit, then make a game from scratch, then tell me how long yours will take to update from .37 to .42.

Seriously any type of large scale multiplayer game like dayz is gonna take a lot of time and millions of dollars. Bohemia has that and we shouldn't be worried considering its not nearly as scandalous as EA games (battlefield 4) or as simple and boring as COD series . Count your blessings lil tykes (you know who you are ) and know tnat you're mad at it for a reason cuz you love it and can't stop playin it .

but on a heavier note I'm starting to get sick of all the people thinking they know how to make these games inside and out, I don't care if you can compare the time frame of other alphas' progression to dayZ's , those are OTHER alphas/betas so realize that it's like comparing apples and oranges, they're both Fruits but for the most part the similarities end there .

shit done , rant over ,commence dayz .

• Like 8