rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

lol i havent gotten to try it yet, it shouldnt take two headshots unless the devs gave it the wrong damage

yep, one hit kill with axe and with this one 2 headshots? something is wrong there.

It's a .22 though. those wouldn't typically do a lethal amount of damage to a person unless it were a lucky shot. I'm not saying you cannot kill someone with one, but you'd probably have to take more than 1 shot.

So, i was having a great time playing experimental, after spawning in Elektro i found an axe then killed a guy with a Mosin lol, got geared up from him. I then decided i would go into survival mode instead of just doing my usual deathmatch in Elektro so I headed to Cherno, when i was there i got all the food and drink i required to camp on the roof of the church to kill people (yes i know i am a bad man) I get onto the roof and bam... im dead, I checked Cherno well and did not see anyone, and it had not been looted yet  (all doors shut more stuff about than i could carry). Im sure i wasn't shot, there was not a sound there was fucking nothing, but I did have a message at the corner saying that i had broken my legs. Bit pissed but I understand this is alpha, but wow, surely this cant be happening. I mean i've heard stories of people just dying but it hadn't happened to me yet. Maybe karma for my evil plan hehe but seriously anyone else experienced this unfortunate occurrence in 0.42??

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

I've noticed that zombies are laggy as hell on the latest exp. servers, or is it just me?

So, i was having a great time playing experimental, after spawning in Elektro i found an axe then killed a guy with a Mosin lol, got geared up from him. I then decided i would go into survival mode instead of just doing my usual deathmatch in Elektro so I headed to Cherno, when i was there i got all the food and drink i required to camp on the roof of the church to kill people (yes i know i am a bad man) I get onto the roof and bam... im dead, I checked Cherno well and did not see anyone, and it had not been looted yet  (all doors shut more stuff about than i could carry). Im sure i wasn't shot, there was not a sound there was fucking nothing, but I did have a message at the corner saying that i had broken my legs. Bit pissed but I understand this is alpha, but wow, surely this cant be happening. I mean i've heard stories of people just dying but it hadn't happened to me yet. Maybe karma for my evil plan hehe but seriously anyone else experienced this unfortunate occurrence in 0.42??

You probably fell from that roof by input lag, server lag, desync or related. I see many times people starting to fall from a roof and in the middle of the drop disappear and go back to the roof like nothing happened. If in that moment you do hit ground you probably go back to were you were but you keep the damage of that hypothetical fall that "never happened and you never saw". Ladders do this kind of same thing. Damage goes from ruined pants and stuff in them to broken legs or death.

Climbing ladders and high places is not a good idea if you have nice loot ;)

Yes, similar thing happened to me.  I was up on what I think was a new tower in Cherno, started reloading my gun after shooting a zombie, then I suddenly get the message that I'm dead... no gunshot at all.  It's possible that someone hit me from wayyyy out and I just couldn't hear the gunshot, but you can hear a mosin shot from a LONG ways away.  I suppose it's also possible that the gunshot sound glitched, but every other time I've died I have always heard a gunshot.

I have a feeling it's related to desync, and/or falling through the floor, but it's tough to say for sure.

You probably fell from that roof by input lag, server lag, desync or related. I see many times people starting to fall from a roof and in the middle of the drop disappear and go back to the roof like nothing happened. If in that moment you do hit ground you probably go back to were you were but you keep the damage of that hypothetical fall that "never happened and you never saw". Ladders do this kind of same thing. Damage goes from ruined pants and stuff in them to broken legs or death.

Climbing ladders and high places is not a good idea if you have nice loot ;)

Ah that makes sense mate, I really hope they fix this soon then because this is pretty game breaking for me!!! Plus everything does seem laggy especially the hot keys as they seem to be even more unresponsive in experimental which ruins combat/encounters and such (I believe my record was 26 presses to equip my Mosin tonight) - the lag has never been as bad as that on stable tho :-).

I think im gonna leave DayZ alone for a while until they get that fixed,

Thanks for the explanation mate makes me feel a little better knowing why it happened. 

Yes, similar thing happened to me.  I was up on what I think was a new tower in Cherno, started reloading my gun after shooting a zombie, then I suddenly get the message that I'm dead... no gunshot at all.  It's possible that someone hit me from wayyyy out and I just couldn't hear the gunshot, but you can hear a mosin shot from a LONG ways away.  I suppose it's also possible that the gunshot sound glitched, but every other time I've died I have always heard a gunshot.

I have a feeling it's related to desync, and/or falling through the floor, but it's tough to say for sure.

I thought the major bug(which is why stable is not released) that some players/zombies are invisible is still around in this build. About the gunshots tho, the game actually recognizes that the bullet would hit you before you're able to hear the sound so if they kill you in the first shot you should never hear the gunshot unless you're rather close to them. I see they've started working on some sound stuff according to these new notes as well. 

They took out the supersonic crack from subsonic guns and the like. 

Edited by Atheon

After reading the post before your one i am convinced that it was desync and most likely same thing happened to you, its so unfortunate.

I thought the major bug(which is why stable is not released) that some players/zombies are invisible is still around in this build. About the gunshots tho, the game actually recognizes that the bullet would hit you before you're able to hear the sound so if they kill you in the first shot you should never hear the gunshot unless you're rather close to them. I see they've started working on some sound stuff according to these new notes as well. 

They took out the supersonic crack from subsonic guns and the like. 

Every time i have been 1 shot killed I have always heard the gunshot!!

It is zombies in the walls of the buildings. Today my friend and I on experimental were at NWAF and he died coming down ladder of tower at firehouse. I waited 1 hour for him to run back up there to loot his body and he died again by the same ladder got message of arm pain first time, leg pain second time. I decided to investigate thinking he desynced coming down the ladder. I zoomed view out all the way in 3rd person and leaned into wall at bottom of stairs on first floor of fire house and swiveled my camera angle and boom there was 7 zombies glitched into the walls stuck there they all must have hit him same time killed him again we will be more careful when on ladders in firehouse now. Also when in tower of fire house zombies on first floor get trapped cause they cant walk the stairs and slide into the walls after he looted his corpse for 3rd time lol  i went upstairs before we left to get some mosin rounds i seen while waiting for him .They hit me and i lost alot of blood i was on 3rd floor of firehouse and zombies on first floor in the walls also side note we were only ones on US 7 at the time so wasn't a sniper shot just us two....

Edited by Guido From NY

I want to say that town "unnamed on map" is south of Drozhino, sw of Kozlovka and east of pavlovo - also theres 3 deer stands immediatley sw of it 

Edited by tiadashi

I want to say that town "unnamed on map" is south of Drozhino, sw of Kozlovka and east of pavlovo - also theres 3 deer stands immediatley sw of it

Is the town bigger than it appears on this map? Edited by solodude23

This new update seems a long while coming. Ever since Rocket's announcement in fact...

Anyone know Why battleye acted wierd after the update of experimental? Had loads of spams and loads of game crashes as well. 

Holy shit. You have no fucking clue what Alpha is do you?
To play the alpha, which is FAR FROM THE FINISHED GAME!!!. You agree to help out, finding bugs, test the engine and such.
You ARE NOT suppose to bitch about things you would like to have in the game atm, as that ONLY WOULD APPLY TO THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

If you buy an alpha, which you are strongly advised against. Then blame yourself if you don't like it.

Now go into the alpha and do what you are suppose to, or shut up until the finished game arrives.

Do you think Vehicles,wildlife will be bugfree and ready for end date? Are you crazy to think that they don't need to be tested, freaking hats and masks are even buggy as hell and takes ages to get fixed.

Zombie count even not enough and servers are struggling with performance issues along with clients without core features. Do you really know how things really works? Because it seems you are the one Who have no idea.

Everything needs to be tested and should be in Alpha and the Beta, so you can actually see if they work or not before the official release. So hence the guy that you were flaming had a better point than your crappy buttlicking.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

so which patch will be on Wednesday .37 or .42? 

My guess is that it'll be the .42 version.. As long as they don't update the current experimental build more in the meantime.  Which, I wouldn't mind.. :)

Has anyone figured out or found any info on exactly how this new zed spawning is working? ..whether its a distance/timed spawn or what I still cannot figure out for the life of me

My guess is that it'll be the .42 version.. As long as they don't update the current experimental build more in the meantime.  Which, I wouldn't mind.. :)

Antykain, any chance you guys ever played first medal of honour tier 1 and had servers for it? 

So, umn... is the update gonna happen or not? Nvm, saw the dev post.

Do you mean Bor?

Edited by Dafix

So, umn... is the update gonna happen or not?

Stable is this coming wednesday.

Exp is live now, w/0.42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QwJ6i86C4

I found an interesting video (pay attention on 0:23). Is the AK already in game or it is a fake?

It's fake. The AK model that's going to come in game is the AK-74M and the gun would probably get a other name to prevent trademarks. Like just 74M or AC-74M (Автомат Чернарус Модернизированный or Avtomat Chernarus Modernizirovannyy)

Also a lot of those pictures come from the first page of Google.

Edited by basinox