rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

snip with pure respect

nice work you doing :beans:

give this guy job to make update post EVERY TIMES :)

• Like 1

Thanks You ;)

I'm now downloading Experimental version !!

I hope the servers for this version are not full ...

HMm really dont get it, they just didnt change any core mechanics? Why is there such a major step in version number. This version should be called 0.38.XXXXX. 

• Like 1

HMm really dont get it, they just didnt change any core mechanics? Why is there such a major step in version number. This version should be called 0.38.XXXXX. 

Core mechanics and bugs should be adressed at a later date. I assume adding more items = more bugs, so why change bugs and core mechanics and THEN add items and do it all over again?

Looks like these are the differences between v37 and v42:

Actions: You can catch rain into canteen and water-bottle from inventory

Crafting: SKS paint recipe

Crafting: Firefighter Axe paint recipe
Crafting: B95 paint recipe
Gear: Green and black variant of firefighter axe added
Gear: Rabbit leg, boar steak and chicken breasts added
Gear: Flat Cap red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
Gear: Green and black variant of SKS
Gear: Green and black variant of B95
Gear: Long wooden ash stick
Spawns: Sporter 22, CR75, Amphibia S, 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns
Spawns: Wool Coats and Flat Caps added to spawns
Animations: Rolling left/right while zoomed in sights makes player zoom out for the duration of the roll.
Animations: Player can now be properly knocked out while in water.
Animations: holding animations of various weapon magazines correctly linked
Animations: Evade animations in prone (Q and E) are faster now.
Gear: Purification tablets package contains ten tablets now. Cholera removing functionality added.
Gear: Even lower chance of backpacks spawning on construction sites
Graphics: Fix of geometry trace for flares
Graphics: Rain now does not fall inside buildings for those on Lower/Disabled shadow settings
Network: Optimizations to network messaging updates should result in reduced bandwidth and some increases in FPS for clients/server
Structures: Items disappearing when dropped near stairs or walls
Sound: subsonic projectiles no longer emit supersonic crack
  • Like 2

It would be nice to get some information about what happened now (because the update was promised 3h ago) and we did not get any update on the situation, the changelog just changes to version 0.42 without any specific reason or commentary, we want to be informed. I don't mind waiting a few more days or even weeks, but I was so looking forward to this update, so at least let us know whats happening

I'm sure someone's already mentioned this, but if I had only one complaint about this entire process, it would be about adding the new patch notes to the old list of changes.

That doesn't help the people that actually play the experimental version, it actively confuses people making the switch from stable to experimental, and has no bearing on the "living document" that exists with the devs. STOP, please.

• Like 6

Look at the exp. server change log from the 25th of february, they have edited in stuff they added.

Yeah it was a bit of a silly move combining the new patch notes with the experiential post and renaming it, why not create new topic?

All it does is confuse people so they don't know what is going on

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

What a shitty update. I waited a while for this shit update.

You don't even give us any of the three hyped up upcoming features i.e Hunting, Physics or containers.

Instead we get a few guns and a nice black coat from Top Man.

This is a zombie apocalypse not fucking Russia's top model, Jesus Christ.

• Like 2

Hmmm, were zombies already "modded" within 0.37?

I just played a little bit at NE airfield and up there I had to fight - really - a lot of zombies .

Also, one or two of them came down the hill (located north-east of the airfield) - w00t?!

It seemed that they were instantly spawning out of sight and directly heading for me.

Also they weren't able to slip through the surrounding fence.

It would be nice to get some information about what happened now (because the update was promised 3h ago) and we did not get any update on the situation, the changelog just changes to version 0.42 without any specific reason or commentary, we want to be informed. I don't mind waiting a few more days or even weeks, but I was so looking forward to this update, so at least let us know whats happening

The patch will be going stable in the next maintenance period (which is every Wednesday) as it is currently 8 PM on a Friday - and they still have two issues they need to squash which caused situations where players and zombies can become invisible to some clients. 

No fix for broken loot spawns, so miltary tents still dont spawn loot ( issue is know at least 2 month i think ), most of the civilian houses dont spawn loot, garages dont spawn loot, half of the red bar building doesnn't spawn loot anymore.... no loot respawn in genreal, no real infos about it, they only say soon.... i really dont get it...

I know different people are working on different things... designers cant work on gamecode issues and so on... But why arent the programmers working on those issues? Really dont get... can someone explain ?

On Feb Rocket said on Twitter

@_SenChi__ just managed to fix why vehicle wrecks were not spawning loot! Awesome! #DayZDaily

So it is alredy fixed, why isn t it in experimental?

Edited by Rancor

http://www.diffnow.com/?report=b7iht

Changes from 0.37 to 0.42 by Neznamy

Thanks man, not only are the Dayz team useless at relaying information we now have to decipher the b*****d patchnotes to make sense of them.

The reason why they merged both patchnotes is clearly to make it look like they had done more work (or hide the lack of)  and not have people wondering what the hell the devs have been upto for the past few weeks.

Edited by Maximum
  • Like 1

The patch will be going stable in the next maintenance period (which is every Wednesday) as it is currently 8 PM on a Friday - and they still have two issues they need to squash which caused situations where players and zombies can become invisible to some clients. 

O-M-G.............

The patch will be going stable in the next maintenance period (which is every Wednesday)

Not every wednesday really though is it lets be honest.

Not every wednesday really though is it lets be honest.

Yes. DayZ (Stable branch) servers and hive go down every Wednesday, 0700 GMT for an expected 3 hour maintenance window. During this window, updates are rolled out to game servers, and critical maintenance is performed on the hive.

void_public and SmashT, your in the wrong topic. This is the Experimantal branch Changlog.

Edited by Andro

What a shitty update. I waited a while for this shit update.

You don't even give us any of the three hyped up upcoming features i.e Hunting, Physics or containers.

Instead we get a few guns and a nice black coat from Top Man.

This is a zombie apocalypse not fucking Russia's top model, Jesus Christ.

Holy shit. You have no fucking clue what Alpha is do you?

To play the alpha, which is FAR FROM THE FINISHED GAME!!!. You agree to help out, finding bugs, test the engine and such.

You ARE NOT suppose to bitch about things you would like to have in the game atm, as that ONLY WOULD APPLY TO THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

If you buy an alpha, which you are strongly advised against. Then blame yourself if you don't like it.

Now go into the alpha and do what you are suppose to, or shut up until the finished game arrives.

• Like 2

found the Cr75

so awesome! but no mag :(

i have bullets tho!

7mydY.jpg

void_public and SmashT, your in the wrong topic. This is the Experimantal branch Changlog.

Yes, the experimental patch which was expected to be pushed to Stable today but didn't and now has a new ETA of next Wednesday.... it's relevant.