Upsidian

Cannibalism

I believe that this game is teaching us that the zombies are actually the good guys.

They just want to eat; they have no malicious intentions in mind.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Even if we kill them yes I like this idea. Although let us gut them for steaks or human remains :)

Edited by Borges

There's a player status called "kuru" in the gamefiles since Experimental 0.50/3 which isn't used ingame so far, so it seems cannibalism is in the pipeline.

I think we should be able to eat people if we capture them.. Maybe have a special technique for cooking them..

Merged with cannibalism thread, carry on.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

The kuru prion mutated once at the turn of the

20th century on some small island in the pacific. There is simply no way it could have made it to mainland europe, as the only mode of transmission is by eating the CNS. Book of Eli is a lie. Not only would it not exist, if you can just, you know, not eat the CNS, there won't be a problem.

Hi, I just have a suggestion about cannibalism.

It would be nice after butchering an human that you get human steaks and human head, the head could have the players name like Peter's head.

If you eat the head you could get kuru with the probabilities we have right now. You can always keep the head if you like and throw it for distracting zombies as a reminder or whatever.

If you eat the body steaks any disease the dead player had will be transfered to you, if the dead player had no disease you will be fine.

Right now the probability of getting kuru after eating an human is too high in my opinion, even with burned meat, I think nobody will risk eating human meat because of that.

Right now the probability of getting kuru after eating an human is too high in my opinion, even with burned meat, I think nobody will risk eating human meat because of that.

If my life depended on it, I would take the risk, but I wouldn't go around eating people for kicks. And if you're that far gone that you do eat people for shits and giggles, what's a little brain disease going to do to stop you?

Edited by Sacha

If my life depended on it, I would take the risk, but I wouldn't go around eating people for kicks. And if you're that far gone that you do eat people for shits and giggles, what's a little brain disease going to do to stop you?

Maybe in the future if the food becomes scarce there will be players who will eat human steaks for avoiding starvation, but I don't see is worth it taking the risk right now.

When playing for a few hours at the weekend we experienced the following:

After both being shot we spawned in Cherno, geared up a bit and made our way to Balota.

Once we entered the airfield through the forest we heard it for the first time: the crying/laughing of a cannibal. We were both totally scared, had a careful look around and continued onto the airfield and the town itself. During this maybe 20 minutes we steadily heard the crying again every 5 or 10 minutes and at the exact same time. I've experienced quite some sound bugs before like randomly hearing the reloading sound and such. So I believed in a sound bug as well as we just couldnt locate that cannibal whatsoever. It had to be server-side of course otherwise we would not have heard it at the exact same time.

Some time later (we continously heard the sound every few minutes) we split up for a few minutes as I went into a village in search for knive while my friend was looking for the gun he had accidently dropped in the forest - we had at least 500 meters between us. And then only my friend heard the cannibal and I did hear nothing during my village raid. So it could't be a server side sound bug and therefore it's pretty sure that we had just been followed by a cannibal for more than half an hour and had just been unable to locate that guy.

Can you guys tell me roughly how far the crying can be heard so I can get an idea of how close he must have been for the whole time? Or did you experience anything like this and can confirm it's some weird sound bug?

Edited by Netzzwerg

Can you guys tell me roughly how far the crying can be heard so I can get an idea of how close he must have been for the whole time? Or did you experience anything like this and can confirm it's some weird sound bug?

Hi, it seems is a bug, it happened to me twice and I never ate human steaks yet.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217226-urban-legendsspooky-scarry-skeleton-stories/