Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

I hope hospitals spawn more loot and clinics less, because right now clinics have significantly more that a fully equiped hospital.

• Like 1

Boston the my is a crappy american gun so its realistic that it spreads like it does in the game, if they would implement german weapons they would should damn accurate as in real life, its only dependet on the shitty american construction of this crap m4 rifel ;) so add a g36 or a g3 and it will shoot 800 meters and above straight on target, but with an m4 like in real life spray and pray like the soldiers in iraq ;)

#1 I've read that the m4 is accurate to about 800 meters.

#2 Sick of seeing angry Europeans shit on the US for anything and everything. Fucking relax.

• Like 9

The M4 is amazingly accurate.  It isn't as reliable as some other weapons, but that is about it.

Pretty Good Looking Update.

Some things of note.  Rain coming into buildings isn't "just" a setting glitch for low res.  I have mine set on Max everything but I still see rain inside of some buildings such as the Hangar.   I need to compile a list and bug report it.  In most buildings now I don't see Rain but there are still quite a few structures that do.

The Rain making you wet soaked or whatever is cool but it happens WAY to quickly with the clothing including the Raincoat vs the amount of time it takes to dry off.  It definitely needs some balancing.  A lot of the higher end gear should have more water resistance than just a T-Shirt.  Same for the Military Boots vs Running shoes.  Raincoats shouldn't get soaked at all unless these aren't really Raincoats.  Possibly the "Dry Area" of trees should be expanded out so that when your actually running through a forest you have a much better canopy of cover.  Are there different varieties of rain or the level of soaking you get from different types of storms?

M4 is a pretty well rounded weapon should be fairly accurate up to 300M but after that your getting more dicey due to sight picture and so on.  Maybe a tweak should be made so that single shot is more accurate but forces a small delay between when you can pull the trigger again.  If they add in having to Zero your weapons then things will get interesting and honestly I hope they do.

Also I forgot the Eat All function is amazing and was much needed.  We could use a Drink All function as well.  However both should have longer use timers or plainly where you are stuck eating or drinking for longer as it would be if you did it in real life.  Basically the only thing your actually trading off at that point is less clicking or mashing F keys.

I'm lagging to bad to play at the moment so I'll have to explore the towns later on tonight hopefully.

Edited by CrashBoomK
  • Like 3

the rain indicator is unneeded, and I'm not just talking about the audio. Just have text at every level of dampness, no audio. When running under trees is goes back and forth all the time. Yes a tree can keep you dry a little bit but not that much, so if you have to just make trees useless at protecting you from rain.

Boston the my is a crappy american gun so its realistic that it spreads like it does in the game, if they would implement german weapons they would should damn accurate as in real life, its only dependet on the shitty american construction of this crap m4 rifel ;) so add a g36 or a g3 and it will shoot 800 meters and above straight on target, but with an m4 like in real life spray and pray like the soldiers in iraq ;)

What's the deal with all these people dogging the M4? IRL, the rifle is one of the best in the world, which is why a large selection of countries use it for either their own or use it as a base to manufacture their own weapons. Just because the weapons parameters are wrong in a game, doesn't mean it's shit IRL. I have an AR-15 (civilian version of the M4) and I have hit targets up to 500m scoped in. It isn't a shit rifle and saying it's shit because it's American won't get you far in any debate situation. And don't assume I hate all guns except for American made arms, because I personally love the G3. I have no problem with other countries and their arms because honestly, weapons are pretty high quality when made from the world's superpower countries.

I personally have no respect for anyone to resort to saying something is bad or terrible just due to the country it's made in. This whole "Everything made in America is stupid and worthless just because it's American." is getting really old. 

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 7

#1 I've read that the m4 is accurate to about 800 meters.

#2 Sick of seeing angry Europeans shit on the US for anything and everything. Fucking relax.

He has an M4 in his avatar.  He's full of shit.   :lol:

• Like 1

I can't think of a good reason to implement heart attacks in this game. Let them randomly happen or create avatars with random heart diseases would be ass. (Whats next? Charakters with bad eyes where you start with blurrieness from the beginning?)

Heart attacks after gun shot wounds, like someone mentioned? Nice, more power to the griefers after implementing breaking bones from shots to the legs and arms and one shot kills body hits.

I hope the circumstances in which you can get a heart attack wil be clarified soon. Right now, I don't have a good feeling about this.

It's going to be cardiac arrest from trauma. It's going to add greatly to the entire health system over all. If you get shot with a military rifle. It should take some work to bring you back. Stop the cardiac arrest, stabilize heart beat, perform blood transfusion.

What would you prefer? Get shot equals dead or an elaborate health system adding to the overall scope of the game and the story of your character. 

• Like 4

Nice looking update. I am curious why they implemented heart attack at this stage in the game... assuming sprinting for too long can give you a heart attack, I wish they would have left this out until they add a bike or other vehicle in since all we have for transport is sprinting.

Getting a heart attack from running is dumb...

Has anyone actually experienced a heart-attack yet? Or you're just assuming that heart attacks will be common and caused by sprinting without actually having any knowledge of what causes them and how likely they are? Why not wait to see how they actually work before saying they're a bad addition?

Edited by Young Trotsky
  • Like 2

Severe trauma causes cardiac arrest. I.e. gunshot wounds. Not sure how ya'll aren't following this. People aren't going to be suffering from "random" heart attacks.

A heart attack and Cardiac arrest are not the same.

I think they are making a huge mistake if they are implementing what they are saying (infarct leading to Cardiac arrest). A normal person won't get it by just running far, Your legs would fail you way sooner than your heart. Its caused by blood clotting commonly and is a lifestyle illness more than anything else.  

And if you did get it, just getting defibbed wouldn't save your life.

• Like 2

A heart attack and Cardiac arrest are not the same.

I think they are making a huge mistake if they are implementing what they are saying (infarct leading to Cardiac arrest). A normal person won't get it by just running far, Your legs would fail you way sooner than your heart. Its caused by blood clotting commonly and is a lifestyle illness more than anything else.  

And if you did get it, just getting defibbed wouldn't save your life.

I think you're right, would make way more sense if by heart attack they actually meant cardiac arrest (CA) rather than myocardial infarction (MI). As you say a defibrillator only works on a patient in shockable CA and is no help with a true heart attack (MI).

It's going to be cardiac arrest from trauma. It's going to add greatly to the entire health system over all. If you get shot with a military rifle. It should take some work to bring you back. Stop the cardiac arrest, stabilize heart beat, perform blood transfusion.

What would you prefer? Get shot equals dead or an elaborate health system adding to the overall scope of the game and the story of your character. 

I'd rather be shot by the M4 over most of the other weapons currently in game.

I'd rather be shot by the M4 over most of the other weapons currently in game.

Well he said military rifle, not M4, so if we're being pedantic the Mosin and the SKS are military rifles too, either you misread or you didn't understand his point. 

Think a bunch of  you guys are missing the point and/or getting mixed up in semantics. Yes, they probably didn't mean to put "heart attack". You will possibly go into cardiac arrest due to trama. You can check if this has happened (to someone else) by checking the pulse. If the pulse is irregular, then defibs are the way to go. If the pulse is normal or there is no pulse, defibs will do no good.

You will not have to worry about "getting a heart attack from running" ...lol..

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

Well he said military rifle, not M4, so if we're being pedantic the Mosin and the SKS are military rifles too, either you misread or you didn't understand his point. 

I understood was just saying of all the weapons currently the M4 is the one I would perfer to be shot by based on the caliber and what the bullet will do.

I hope hospitals spawn more loot and clinics less, because right now clinics have significantly more that a fully equiped hospital.

I can understand what you're trying to say, but from what I've come across and the layout of the medical-centres/police-stations across the map. It looks like the Dev's are giving survivors an alternative instead of heading for the big Cities/Coastal areas, now there's a reason too head inland too some towns players would have overlooked before.

If you increase the loot rate in hospitals then what reason would anybody have for heading inland, where as now if you need medical-supplies you have a multiple of destinations which takes you off the coast and more into the heart of the map, opening up new routes for the wary survivors too travel.

I've came across 8 medical-centres and 14 police-stations. (Could have missed a few).

Spoiler contains locations of the above."So don't look if you don't want to know".

Chernogorsk : Police-station

Elektrozavodsk : Police-station

Komarova : Police-station

Kamyshovo : Police-station

Berezino : Police-station + Medical-centre

Dolina : Police-station

Grishino : Police-station

Novy Sobor : Police-station

Novy Sobor : Police-station

Krasnostav : Medical-centre

Stary Sobor : Medical-centre

Zelenogorsk : Police-station + Medical-centre

Vybor : Police-station + Medical-centre

Svetlojarsk : Police-station + Medical-centre

Staroye : Police-station + Medical-centre

Gorka : Police-station + Medical-centre

Edited: Don't know how I missed the medical-centre in Berezino

Died about 13 times (Unlucky for some) just trying to make it to every City/Town. :D

Edited by Maca
  • Like 4

I can understand what you're trying to say, but from what I've come across and the layout of the medical-centres/police-stations across the map. It looks like the Dev's are giving survivors an alternative instead of heading for the big Cities/Coastal areas, now there's a reason too head inland too some towns players would have overlooked before.

If you increase the loot rate in hospitals then what reason would anybody have for heading inland, where as now if you need medical-supplies you have a multiple of destinations which takes you off the coast and more into the heart of the map, opening up new routes for the wary survivors too travel.

I get what you're saying but I also believe that hospitals should carry more loot compared to clinics. Choice is always good, but going to big cities should always be high risk, high reward. If you want to quickly find a large amount of decent medical equipment, go to a hospital. If you don't want the risk associated with that, then find the nearest clinic. It's safer but there wont be as much loot per clinic. Adding clinics in itself is another reason to go inland.

Reality has it's own sense of balance! :)

BTW nice list.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I was mostly referring to the "reality" approach.  I would think a hospital would have more gear than a clinic.

Did you see those currently or is this on the experimental servers?

• Like 1

Awww yiss!

when will there be updates for graphics? i hate it when u zoom in by pressing the right button on the mouse and then u can see better.. but when u dont zoom its not the same. But yeah keep it up with the patches :)

I'm sorry, what?

• Like 2

Its not raining inside when You have shadows on.

I was mostly referring to the "reality" approach.  I would think a hospital would have more gear than a clinic.

Did you see those currently or is this on the experimental servers?

Experimental. This is the experimental 0.36 thread ;)

• Like 1

Experimental. This is the experimental 0.36 thread ;)

Right, I was just making sure we were all talking about the same thing!

Currently running on experimental 0.36 and loving it. Sooo much more stable than 0.35 however when the server maxed out at 50 players it did lag a little. However still much better than the current stable build im going to stay on experimental until its released as stable version. And I'm hopeing that's tomorrow.

nice work on the rain too however seems you get wet pretty quick... that and the fact it rains like every 2-5 min ugg 

Also a FYI on the M4 if you replace the default parts with pristine MAGPUL parts  it shoots soo much more accurate