Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

Why NO Hands Only CPR Animation (and feature) not included? Like in ARMA 3? or like cool as hell in this Video by the Legend himself?

Game needs more proper animations really for medical actions.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

HEART ATTACK!! oh no!!

More explanation/clarification on this please.

Edit:

Oh awesome patch Dev! keep up the good work. However love to see those zombie clipping through walls, stairs, fence get fixed asap.

Edited by mareak

It makes sense for sprinting, horseman of ye olden times have recorded trained horses dropping dead from being pushed beyond physical limitation presumably having heart attacks. Full bore Sprinting straight from say Elektro to North East Airfield is roughly 10km (6miles). Although a human body likely couldn't run it's self to death without first passing out (unless stimulated with some sort of substance) this may serve as a temporary game balance at the very least. As far as frame rates until they've added all their new bells and whistles as well as content i wouldn't expect optimization yet.

Well, would heart attacks occur to sprinting players or just unconscious players who have a heart attack? I think you've gotten me wrong regarding optimization. My specs are close to the recommended specs, and yet I'm getting only ~10+ FPS. I just need the frame rate to be decent enough (about 30) so that I can at least play properly. I had that kind of frame rate before a previous patch made it worse for me. I definitely don't expect it to be fully optimized, but at the very least to be playable.

anybody knows, when the experimental will made it to stable ?

I had to roll back becuse I was crashing constantly on the exp., oh well, that's why it's experimental I guess.

Great stuff. If we're going to have something as mundane as a 'you're wet' indicator, how about a 'my leg is broken' indicator??

lol, good call. 

• Medical: Would never actually die from zero health or blood due to medical conditions

does this mean it's no longer possible to survive chemical poisoning, or just that you won't stay uncoscious for ever?

Edited by Kautsch

Great stuff. If we're going to have something as mundane as a 'you're wet' indicator, how about a 'my leg is broken' indicator??

Added to that, if our gear is going to get wet from rain, is there any chance it will not be raining now inside buildings. lol :). 

• Like 1

Added to that, if our gear is going to get wet from rain, is there any chance it will not be raining now inside buildings. lol :). 

low settings is causing the rain in the buildings. shadow on normal or higher should fix this. so its not really raining inside the buildings

All this changes are great!

But I got one question for all health/illness/treatment system. Will this all be needed? I mean, right now it looks like, I'm breaking the leg, and checking my inventory. If I don't have the splint (branch and rags), I simply suicide my character and startower. Usually, If playing alone, It's better to restart char, then to crawl to nearest town and try to find some hospital or items to make splint. (For example, If there will be opportunity to cut the brunch from any tree... That will differ the situation). So I mean - will we have some REAL NEED in trying to heal? Now when recreating the character, I loose only what I got in inventory. Maybe someday all hidden loot will be "chained" to character, and If you lost it, you'll lose the loot, or how will it be then, 'cause when we'll have saved loot at some safe places/hidden places, that will really be more simple in restarting the character and walk for you hidden loot, than trying heal yourself and always have a lot of medical stuff in your equipment (that steals pretty much of inventory space).

Thank you!

All this changes are great!

But I got one question for all health/illness/treatment system. Will this all be needed? I mean, right now it looks like, I'm breaking the leg, and checking my inventory. If I don't have the splint (branch and rags), I simply suicide my character and startower. Usually, If playing alone, It's better to restart char, then to crawl to nearest town and try to find some hospital or items to make splint. (For example, If there will be opportunity to cut the brunch from any tree... That will differ the situation). So I mean - will we have some REAL NEED in trying to heal? Now when recreating the character, I loose only what I got in inventory. Maybe someday all hidden loot will be "chained" to character, and If you lost it, you'll lose the loot, or how will it be then, 'cause when we'll have saved loot at some safe places/hidden places, that will really be more simple in restarting the character and walk for you hidden loot, than trying heal yourself and always have a lot of medical stuff in your equipment (that steals pretty much of inventory space).

Thank you!

at the moment i agree. but i think in the future guns will be so rare that you would crawl all day to keep that gun

edit: did not read about the loot. if you can indeed find a good place to store the loot might as well suicide. there is a small chance of someone finding it tho but i think that chance wont be big enough

Edited by Listed Mad
  • Like 1

Can't wait for suicides. It's in the trailer at least. Will make for some dramatic RP. Keep it up guys. Love the game with or without bugs.

Nowhere near as good as the Ak-47 though.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or...? If you want to get technical with it, the AK-47 was easier to field strip, but suffered greatly with inaccuracy due to barrel shaking/shudder, loose fit parts, and the front and rear postal sights being so close. AK-47 is a beautiful rifle, but I wouldn't let my life rely on one.

use the scripter for Help player and "Session Lost" bugs... not for vomiting sound, heart-shock and rain wet....

In Beta : first correct bug... after introduce this "nonsense"

20milion euro earned and no one help the player

You're not a player, you are an alpha tester! You paid to be able to test this game, help in the development process and have your voice heard. Also, ( as stated so many times ) there are developers, scripters, designers etc etc, all doing work on different aspects of the game. New content is being added, so we can test and report on issues this new content brings. If you want to play a finished game, and be called a player, you should have bought a AAA release from *cough*EA GAMES*cough*, who always release games completely *cough*bug-free*cough*..

What you call nonsense, I find really amazing and I'm happy to test/play DayZ standalone, and report bugs as I find them..

Edited by Angr
  • Like 3

jIZJuy6.jpg

• Like 2

You're not a player, you are an alpha tester! You paid to be able to test this game, help in the development process and have your voice heard. Also, ( as stated so many times ) there are developers, scripters, designers etc etc, all doing work on different aspects of the game. New content is being added, so we can test and report on issues this new content brings. If you want to play a finished game, and be called a player, you should have bought a AAA release from *cough*EA GAMES*cough*, who always release games completely *cough*bug-free*cough*..

What you call nonsense, I find really amazing and I'm happy to test/play DayZ standalone, and report bugs as I find them..

oh rly man?? I love test game... I'm happy to test/play Dayz Standalone and I buy it for that reason... but me and other 100-200 gamers have spent 23euro and cant play from 1 week... you are happy to test/play, we are unhappy becouse cant play... 

We  have reported this bug in 100 thread and NO ONE ( developers, scripters, designers etc etc)  reply it... NO ONE...  they could at least write "we are working to resolve it" .. BUT NOTHING....

Ok is an Beta/alfa or what, but we have spent 23euro as donation?? with 20milion euro the Blizzard  have created 3 completly games... then what with 20milion euro  ? 

ah ... from Steam support: is a Dayz problem, talk with administrator...

oh tnx Steam for reply

Edited by spaccio

Back in Days "Honest" Devs and Publishers wouldn't charge you for freaking TEST un-finished products. This is just a marketing fooling for fools like all of us, Get the money first ,do the job later and call it a TEST LMFAO. Could understand what you're saying if that was made by some new starter Publisher but Bohemia Interactive behind DAYZ SA.  They can't be that pathetic or short in money to release an  ALPHA/Beta without charging ? or Were they? 

This ain't a kickstarter independent project so everyone can give negative feedback as much as positive feedback rely on facts.

oh rly man?? I love test game... I'm happy to test/play Dayz Standalone and I buy it for that reason... but me and other 100-200 gamers have spent 23euro and cant play from 1 week... you are happy to test/play, we are unhappy becouse cant play... 

We  have reported this bug in 100 thread and NO ONE ( developers, scripters, designers etc etc)  reply it... NO ONE...  they could at least write "we are working to resolve it" .. BUT NOTHING....

Ok is an Beta/alfa or what, but we have spent 23euro as donation?? with 20milion euro the Blizzard  have created 3 completly games... then what with 20milion euro  ? 

ah ... from Steam support: is a Dayz problem, talk with administrator...

oh tnx Steam for reply

You are clearly not old enough to be here.

Wipe your eyes and go play something that else if you are unhappy here.

You are being made aware with BIG letters on Steam when you buy this game, about the issues that can occur.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Do you really think the dev team just sits around and picks their noses all day long?

You have no idea about the amount of work that needs to be put into a game like this.

Grow up dude.

• Like 6

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or...? If you want to get technical with it, the AK-47 was easier to field strip, but suffered greatly with inaccuracy due to barrel shaking/shudder, loose fit parts, and the front and rear postal sights being so close. AK-47 is a beautiful rifle, but I wouldn't let my life rely on one.

Personally, when speaking about postapo world with limited resources, I would rather bet my life on "everlasting"  AK, then M4.

Ofc what would also matter is what kind of ammo would be around for picking. In USA I guess I would stick with 5,56 rifle.

Regarding patch notes, things are shaping nicely, I hope this list will be updated before this patch is released :-).

Back in Days "Honest" Devs and Publishers wouldn't charge you for freaking TEST un-finished products. This is just a marketing fooling for fools like all of us, Get the money first ,do the job later and call it a TEST LMFAO. Could understand what you're saying if that was made by some new starter Publisher but Bohemia Interactive behind DAYZ SA.  They can't be that pathetic or short in money to release an  ALPHA/Beta without charging ? or Were they? 

This ain't a kickstarter independent project so everyone can give negative feedback as much as positive feedback rely on facts.

Wish impatient players would rather wait for game to be atleast in beta stage.
You have chosen to ignore Alpha version warnings, now you either deal with game being in alpha, or you wait several months, before it is closer to being finished.

QQing about alpha being alpha will not help anybody.
Edited by Hombre

This ain't a kickstarter independent project so everyone can put as much as negative feedback along with positive feedback rely on facts.

Look at the post I made just a few minutes ago. The same goes for you.

Look at the post I made just a few minutes ago. The same goes for you.

Look, When you buy a smoke it writes "Smoking kills" on it and you still buy it. (Majority of smokers do it anyway). Marketing works like that way because of addiction and curiosity plays big part in Human Nature.

So What you are saying does no value in reality. Also People can give negative and positive feedback as there is a freedom of speech, dunno Where do you live? Afghan or UAE?

Quite often i had to push the hotbar keys (1-9) couple times to them to do anything, change weapons and etc. Is this for everyone or have anyone idea what's wrong?

Yup. It's like that for everyone. It doesn't happen all the time but quite often on a server that's full or has been up for a few hours. It's been an issue from the very beginning.

Well, would heart attacks occur to sprinting players or just unconscious players who have a heart attack? I think you've gotten me wrong regarding optimization. My specs are close to the recommended specs, and yet I'm getting only ~10+ FPS. I just need the frame rate to be decent enough (about 30) so that I can at least play properly. I had that kind of frame rate before a previous patch made it worse for me. I definitely don't expect it to be fully optimized, but at the very least to be playable.

10fps would suggest your PC has serious issues, your configuration is wrong on some level, or you're simply trying to run the game on too high settings. Have you applied the Frames Ahead tweak? What is your CPU/GPU/Ram? Close to recommended specs is never good, if you mean above recommended then great but if below then forget it. You need something much more powerful than recommended.

Edited by Irenicus

You are clearly not old enough to be here.

Wipe your eyes and go play something that else if you are unhappy here.

You are being made aware with BIG letters on Steam when you buy this game, about the issues that can occur.

Do you really think the dev team just sits around and picks their noses all day long?

You have no idea about the amount of work that needs to be put into a game like this.

Grow up dude.

But what you say?? live you in wonderland??

This is a Beta/Alpha...first thing you need to fix the bug...  you cant finish a  game scripting if a 20% of player cant join in the server... you CANT use 100% of your scripter for rain, heartshock and sound vomiting (nosense) ... you have earned 20milion euro.. with 10milion you can buy 500new scripter  ( and you can put in the bank 10milion )

Edited by spaccio

But what you say?? live you in wonderland??

This is a Beta/Alpha...first thing you need to fix the bug...  you cant finish a  game scripting if a 20% of player cant join in the server... you CANT use 100% of your scripter for rain, heartshock and sound vomiting (nosense) ... you have earned 20milion euro.. with 10milion you can buy 500new scripter  ( and you can put in the bank 10milion )

Session lost sounds more like you are having network issues. What country are you from? What kind of internet connection do you have? On which servers and what game version (stable/experimental) do you get this issue?