Voice of reason

No firearms.

No firearms  

82 members have voted

1. 1. More or less firearms

• We get more firearms and easier accessible
    • More and better melee capabilities and lesss or no firearms

Your comments are childish and silly no matter how funny you think you are. I have a suggestion then. How about you go outside and try to find a gun in your neighbourhood and then come to me and tell me how easy it was to find.
To those who think I have a problem with KOS - I don't and you can be sure that when I see you I will shoot you without a word out of a distance.
In this post I was trying to say there is not enough options and it gets to easy with all the guns people opt so much for.
There is an idea. maybe in face of disaster countries send countless amounts of guns to the shore with plenty of ammo and when I spawn on the beach I just pick up one and look for some people to kill. It makes perfect sense in my opinion.

Buddy... chill out.  They are not childish, but rather the truth of what you are posting.  You have a extremely biased voting system and you are for taking guns away from the world of Dayz?  And also, why would you suggest for me to go and break into people's homes to find a firearm?  How stupid is that.  You suggested for me to do something completely illegal in real life that is known as looting.  Lets stick to looting for Dayz alright?  Also, if i were to go and do what you said, i would have NO PROBLEM with finding a firearm in the neighborhood i live in because we all support the 2nd Amendment here and are not infested by the gun banning/ gun law disease that has plagued others.  And i do think of myself as telling the truth rather than attempting to be funny.  This is a post-apocalyptic game, and it is not easy like you state.  The more firearms we have and the more ammo types we have= more variety for the players.  The devs would make all of the weapon spawns drastically lowered like they did in the MOD version of Dayz.  I suggest that we all stop replying to this useless thread as it's creator has a name that contradicts everything that he says to us.  God bless you all!

This game is supposed to be a sim.  Theoretically in real life, most places will have an abundance of firearms you could find.  Some places not so much, not sure what the black market would be like in places like the UK, Austrailia, Japan, etc.  In the US and middle east, I'm sure there'd be no problem finding a gun.

BUT....After the game has been out a while, maybe a decrease in ammo spawns that would replicate how ammo would disappear over time as we'd have no way to produce the gunpowder/bullets needed to keep stocks up.  So in the beginning of the games life, guns and ammo are everywhere, then after a period of time, ammo is extremely rare and guns are pretty much a blunt melee weapon.  While I believe this to be a good idea (the last part), I'd bet it would end up killing the game as the vast majority of players wouldn't want to play a game like this without guns.

All this "Go play rust, adjdgasdashdasjdhsajdafsdj I have my head up my ass." 

Crafting of weapons is a must for a survival game. By the sounds of it a lot of you want DayZ to continue being CoD with Thrist and Hunger.

We need improvised weapons, we need a better melee system. Crafting should play a very important role, it's the fucking apocalypse after all. Finding weapons in bad condition or useless condition should be the norm.

I want DayZ to evolve into the actual SURVIVAL HORROR game it was intended to be but a lot of you don't seem to want that. He's not saying remove all the guns, he's saying cut their spawns in half, make em rare, or make em common but in such shit condition that it doesn't matter anyways.

Finding a gun needs to be on the backburner. Always on your mind, but never just your sole task. Actually surviving to get it using you wits. If melee was more of the initial focus, lets say for most fresh spawns like it should be. As I said before, it's the intern between spawning and finding that elusive gun that needs work. Hell, you should be spending most of your time trying to find a working gun, or scavenging parts to bring a gun you found to working condition, and that's not counting ammo. For this to be fun and viable we need a good crafting and melee system.

I don't understand how people just want this to be spawn-->water--->food--->gun--->ammo--->killpeople for lulz. 

• Like 2

Your comments are childish and silly no matter how funny you think you are. I have a suggestion then. How about you go outside and try to find a gun in your neighbourhood and then come to me and tell me how easy it was to find.

I don't live in a neighborhood, I live in a county with a population density of approximately 5 people per square mile and every resident is a gun rights activist so...

Edited by Pvt_Larry

I will be greeting you again when this forum is hopefully sent to the graveyard, since it seems to be strongly disliked by most of the community, with the following message (so you can look forward to it).

01dd958173f049e5f55e0a980d71505f3ac7c3bb

To those who think I have a problem with KOS - I don't and you can be sure that when I see you I will shoot you without a word out of a distance.
In this post I was trying to say there is not enough options and it gets to easy with all the guns people opt so much for.
There is an idea. maybe in face of disaster countries send countless amounts of guns to the shore with plenty of ammo and when I spawn on the beach I just pick up one and look for some people to kill. It makes perfect sense in my opinion.

Counting mine, i know there are exactly 17 guns on my block from 9 neighbours out of around 60 houses. There is probably atleast 30 on my street alone and another 800 or so in the entire residential area which has around 2500-3000  houses. You'de be surprised.

I get where your coming from. But in my opinion, inly ammo should be rare, but .22 and eastern ammo should be common, while more effective western 9mm Parabellum and especially 5.56 and .357 should be extremely rare.

I'm not saying get rid of all guns but scoped sniper rifles are a little bit of an overkill. Keep the handguns and see what its like.

But your title says no firearms

Go play Rust.

You somehow imply that expecting to be able to bind a piece of string between two ends of a stick and make stone-age-quality arrows is unrealistic in a situation with no technology.

I understand people generally bringing this up when air drops and destroyable bases are brought up, but it's kind of redundant when you're just throwing it at any and all suggestions you don't like.

I don't understand how people just want this to be spawn-->water--->food--->gun--->ammo--->killpeople for lulz. 

I agree with you for the most part, but to elaborate on this: I can understand it, because while I would like DayZ to be a more authentic experience, I like the current structure of the game, at least as it is in the mod. A long, extended gathering/survival style game with PvP as the endgame. To the best of my knowledge, no MMO does this; DayZ is probably the next best thing for me.

But your title says no firearms

Its just to get peolpe interested in what I try to say.

Again if anybody is actually reading all the post you would have noticed I said reduce the amount of guns and make melee RELEVANT in this game which at the current moment it isn't. 

And for those who say there is plenty guns because I'm in USA and thats the same everywhere - its not true. I live in UK and guns here are illegal fro the most part and extremally rare in public. I come from eastern europe and trust me, guns are rare there as well.

And to sum up what I said before. I started this topic because everybody seems to shout "MORE GUNS!!!!!!" 

Make zombies like "world war z" style and amount and I'll screem with you.

But there is no third option, why only easier to get guns or harder to no guns, what about like the direction the devs are taking as it is now?

Again if anybody is actually reading all the post you would have noticed I said reduce the amount of guns and make melee RELEVANT in this game which at the current moment it isn't. 

And for those who say there is plenty guns because I'm in USA and thats the same everywhere - its not true. I live in UK and guns here are illegal fro the most part and extremally rare in public. I come from eastern europe and trust me, guns are rare there as well.

And to sum up what I said before. I started this topic because everybody seems to shout "MORE GUNS!!!!!!" 

Well, your title should be of what your topic speaks of.

May i ask why you guys have not taken this forum down yet?

I voted for less guns but what I really want is same amount of guns but more different types and calibres and little less ammo. It would cause that people start to count their ammo first before attacking or even during battle. And I dont know how to make melee better but something have to do it cause accuracy is weak.

Firearms make this game to easy for those who have them and more difficult for those who don't.

I would like to see how it would look like without firearms and more melee weapons and overall better melee fight capabilities. Maybe add some selfmade weapons like bows and spears. What do you think?

those who don't? you mean freshspawns? too fucking bad, stop going to the cities and go inland instead and you won't get shat on all the time. 

Firearms are pretty well balanced. I do not believe there should be more or less firearms.

Chernarus isn't a real country. We have no idea of the gun laws there. The Devs decide. If the game actaully took place in a real country, then yes, it should follow it's laws. From what they're adding, Chernarus's laws are similar to the US's.

A little bit more scarcity of firearms would be great. Especially firearms like the SKS, Mosin and M4. I'd like to see shotguns and some civilian type 9mm and .45 pistols be the common firearms with higher quality and military grade weapons being a lot rarer.

For example, last night on a server with 34 people on it I found 3x shotguns, 2x Blaze, 1x Magnum, 1x FNX, 1x Mosin and 3x SKS in a 2 hour session. This isn't a rare occurrence for me because I don't hang around areas where there are many other players when I am looting. I typically head inland and hit all the smaller villages. If someone tells you they can't find guns in this game it's pretty much because they're hanging out on the coast or at the military bases/airfields.

So a bit of tweaking is in order IMO. Finding a gun should be a decent challenge (but not super rare or impossible) and your weapon should be something you cherish when you find it because you know it will be pretty hard to replace.

Making 80% of the weapons spawn in 'Badly Damaged' condition would also help, especially if they introduced accuracy penalties and jamming for damaged weapons. A pristine firearm should be something that is a really rare find and something you really cherish and look after. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see template rulesets for weapon rarity. So, for example, you have a military ruleset, in which military/other high-grade weapons are less rare than they would be in other rulesets, and vehicles and helicopters are in good supply around the map; a civilian ruleset, in which military weapons are very rare, civilian-grade guns and maintenance kits and land vehicles are rare, air vehicles are disabled and most of your maintenance items/kits are hard to find or obtain; and a survivor ruleset, where military guns are roughly the same rarity as ye olde Stratholme mount drop from WoW, civilian guns are a godsend, and people are going to try to beat you to death for any maintenance kits you might have. Vehicles will seem like a ray of light from the heavens when you find one, no matter the condition, and their spawn sites will be hotly contested battlegrounds until someone manages to get it away and stash it.

Chernarus isn't a real country. We have no idea of the gun laws there. The Devs decide. If the game actaully took place in a real country, then yes, it should follow it's laws. From what they're adding, Chernarus's laws are similar to the US's.

Isnt chernarus suppose to be city in russia not country itself? That what ive always tought atleast.. Alltho ive read that city is actually in czech and its real name is "Ústí nad Labem". There is even some thread about it...

Edit: Nvm actually went to read dayzwiki... It just said

"Chernarus+ is a fictional Former-Soviet Republic nation in DayZ Standalone"

Edited by MangoX

I think if mags spawned empty it would also help. Finding 5.56 ammo is pretty easy since all you have to do is strip it from useless mags.

Civil war.. UN intervention forces.. then the virus goes rampant.. yeah there's gonna be quite a few guns around. No need to change anything

The poll options are narrow and biased. Where is the "Improved melee, large variety of guns, rare ammunition" option? You basically made anyone who voted Yes to guns in your poll look like some filthy casual who enjoys things being easy...