mattlightfoot

Hotfix changelog: Stable Branch: 0.35.115188

Came across a strange bug

While on a second storey building,I dropped a bunch of ammo(boxes and clips) on the floor,then it dissapeared

I eventually found it on the first/ground floor exactly underneath the spot on the second storey where I dropped it ;)

It was like it fell through the second storey floor and landed on the first/ground floor

as I said it was in the exact same spot,just one floor below ;)

Glad there was a room below :0)

I like the double barrel rifle,it is very accurate

I head shot a few Zombies from quite a far distance with it

Games been working nice,ever since I dumped my objects/loot on the floor outside the backpack

and then noticed the flashing water bottle,getting rid of that object improved my game 100% as I did nothing else to any configuration or anything else!

Just want to find an SKS now,as I have one in RL ;)

Now to say thank you,now my game is working fine again

It is an amazing game,and the rain that has been added is very atmospheric

One of the better concepts in gameing I have played,I truly enjoy just trying to stay alive :)

Thanks again,keep up the good work

still hoping though that future patches get tested more thoroughly before being released

IMHO Clans/squads are a good source for testing as they have groups of individuals who play together,and with all different types of Pc's being used

They make for excellent testing and feed back

Thanks again :)

Edit>

I found another flashing bottle,sitting on top of a metal closet at the Milary base

although,I have found other water bottles that are not flashing.... go figure

Edited by Scott61

Sigh now my character is constantly dead or resetting after I gear him up. I am losing so much patience with this game. It worked brilliantly back before the SKS was introduced. I hate to be condescending but do you guys understand the term 'Stable' in Software Development? There hasn't been a 'stable' build since 32.X

no it hasn't hardcore servers are loading stable version  115 077 not 115 188

Oh. Didn't realise hardcore servers had been left out of the loop. That sucks

Came across a strange bug

While on a second storey building,I dropped a bunch of ammo(boxes and clips) on the floor,then it dissapeared

I eventually found it on the first/ground floor exactly underneath the spot on the second storey where I dropped it ;)

It was like it fell through the second storey floor and landed on the first/ground floor

as I said it was in the exact same spot,just one floor below ;)

Yup that's quite normal. Been that way since the start

Edited by Irenicus

Only bought the game two,three weeks ago so I am not up to speed on all the minor bugs

Good to know,thanks Irenicus

When repsawn will be fixed ? Because always the same screen "you are dead". I know I must log on test server, respawn and go to an other server but this is not very cool to do it all the time when you die :(.

Crashing issues for me have no been resolved. Sudden crash to desktop is occurring on both stable and experimental. Lost 3 characters so far due to the new "anti-combat logging" rules. Dumb.

I crashed out. Left it for 5 mins and click the play button. I cam back in as the same character but the world had reset. New loot!!! Just do not try to jump back in straight away.

Yes I did, and if you did read the first post then you apparently didnt understand it. Cause if you did, you would know that fixing a memory leak has nothing to do with optimization in general or even optimization for specific hardware. Everyone saying they got better FPS now can only be referring to the FPS dropping before the patch due to the memory leak.

PS: Seriously, if you want better framerates buy an Intel CPU. They have always been better at the ARMA engine simply because of higher performance per clock. Going from a Phenom 2 X4 to an i5 2500k doubled my framerate in cities in the mod version.

That is why I ask to get a confirmation. Oh well, guess have to wait they release another patch. Its an Alpha can't complain much.

Sigh now my character is constantly dead or resetting after I gear him up. I am losing so much patience with this game. It worked brilliantly back before the SKS was introduced. I hate to be condescending but do you guys understand the term 'Stable' in Software Development? There hasn't been a 'stable' build since 32.X

Next time you load the game read the thing that you're clicking the "I Understand" button for. Because by that statement you clearly don't.

I suggest that you don't click the button until it's sunk in.

• Like 1

Honestly i have been playing on 0.36 experimental build the last few days. The CPU and GPU optimizations they put in place gave me 20+ FPS improvement now that got the manufacturers feed back from intel and Nvidia etc.. My advice is to try experimental its like night and day and its also proof this is in fact an alpha. Put it this way...  improvement is so good i got the chance to play on a 80 and 100 slot server... with no lag :P 

Dean Hall ‏@rocket2guns  Feb 12

@panzerschreckDE engine optimization, based on feedback from hardware manufacturers on their assessment of our usage of their hardware

Honestly I loose my character, die from bugs, and have issues like everyone else.

But instead of bitching like a 4 year old I use the Bug tracker, submit my RPT error logs and crash dumps and actually contribute. I'm not saying its wrong to bitch but at least bitch "after" you have submitted your bug reports and crash logs etc and they have moved the issue to "resolved" in the bug tracker. Bitching solves nothing.... its just makes you look like a dick. 

• Like 5

is the death message loop fixed?

I have only been able to play once since the stable update...

Played for an hour, died by ladder, could not respawn...only you are dead loop message.

have tried all the fixes.

Honestly i have been playing on 0.36 experimental build the last few days. The CPU and GPU optimizations they put in place gave me 20+ FPS improvement now that got the manufacturers feed back from intel and Nvidia etc.. 

20+ FPS? Those improvements you speak of haven't even been implemented yet, so I'm guessing placebo.  

I record my framerate, memory usage and GPU usage everytime I play and I've seen a decrease of about 2-4fps with an average being around 20.  If you did get a jump in performance, I'm willing to say that your settings were reset on the update and they are different from what you had before. 

20+ FPS? Those improvements you speak of haven't even been implemented yet, so I'm guessing placebo.  

I record my framerate, memory usage and GPU usage everytime I play and I've seen a decrease of about 2-4fps with an average being around 20.  If you did get a jump in performance, I'm willing to say that your settings were reset on the update and they are different from what you had before. 

pretty sure the NVidia optimisations were put into exp build 115 297 unless you are an ATI user or not playing that build then you wouldn't see any benefit.

• Like 1

When repsawn will be fixed ? Because always the same screen "you are dead". I know I must log on test server, respawn and go to an other server but this is not very cool to do it all the time when you die :(.

Respawn has been fixed for a while now.

Oh and to whoever said Hardcore servers weren't updated. They seem to be now.

please STOP saying they are updated THEY ARE NOT!! it says in the ingame server browser they are version 155188 but when you click and join it is loading version 155 077 capiche?

Edited by Calibre

please elaborate... I am still stuck in the death loop.

I have played 1 life since update and was stuck before I "deleted my profile" and now stuck again after I died.

So I am playing hardcore or experimental for now...np but still annoying.

Well this update didn't help my issue once so ever.. and i was exited to finally be able to play.

My gpu drops to 0% and i lag for a second, but it happens every 3 seconds or so.

Makes the game unplayable.

I removed all my Startup Parameters which increased Performance for me somehow. I want to put as much load onto the gpu as possible and therefore I would like to know which Settings are cpu related only so I can turn those down only and leave the rest on high Settings.

Nope.. I'm very careful about screening updates this isn't my first alpha.. what you need to do is try the experimental patch and then comment.. and yes they have implemented the CPU and GPU optimizations (currently on experimental) it was internal on the 12th and pushed to experimental on the 13th. Read rockets and the dev twitter post more often.  ATI  optimization however has not been implemented according to the them as they have only one coder currently working on this. 

Edited by S.Pelkey

I would like to see this game using the mantle api since it is heavily cpu bound. But I guess this will never happen. However I'm excited for any upcoming AMD optimizations.

• Like 1

Reading these posts i'm now starting to think that while the client 115188 probably does have the crash fix, some dumbass uploaded the wrong server files as they were still half sleeping at 7am on Wednesday morning and this is why we're still crashing & they are to wrapped up in optimisations and larger player numbers in the experiment patchs to notice or care about stable as they can't do anything about it cause of  schedules. Ho hum another weekend without DayZ then by the looks of things, I just hope whoever the idiot is who does maintenance next Wednesday has the brains to upload the right server files..

Edited by Calibre

Reading these posts i'm now starting to think that while the client 115188 probably does have the crash fix, some dumbass uploaded the wrong server files as they were still half sleeping at 7am on Wednesday morning and this is why we're still crashing & they are to wrapped up in optimisations and larger player numbers in the experiment patchs to notice or care as they can't do anything about it cause of  schedules. Ho hum another weekend without DayZ then by the looks of things, I just hope whoever the idiot is who does maintenance next Wednesday has the brains to upload the right server files..

I agree. Every server title has changed to the updated file but does not have the update. While this is an alpha, this is not an alpha bug and is not acceptable. That is a huge cockup. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come. I am sure it is not but it would be nice to leave some of the nonsense that occurred during the mod times behind.

well just load up the latest experimental build and you should be fine, I stick to the stable build simply because I have to make 108 individual symbolic links to my addons folder as I stream Chernarus off a ram drive -  (grrrr at win 8) so it's a PITA keeping up with pushed experimental builds..

Edited by Calibre

well just load up the latest experimental build and you should be fine, I stick to the stable build simply because I have to make 108 individual symbolic links to my addons folder as I stream Chernarus off a ram drive -  (grrrr at win 8) so it's a PITA keeping up with pushed experimental builds..

I get the same crash on experimental and stable. Obviously something has been messed up in the process.