alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

I think the street sweeper would and at one time you could own one as a CIV until the damn brady bill.

Edited by gannon46

I sure hope not.  The less 'assault weapons' the better.

Fuck off. You do nothing to help the game.

If they were to add as many guns as humanly possible, thus diversifying the weapon loot tables, who gives a shit if there is 50 'assault' weapons and 100 'civilian' weapons? Add the Spas-12. Why? It's a gun. Its feasibly possible it could be somewhere in Chernarus. Plus, shotguns aren't as effective as, say, an assault fucking rifle.

There are better choices to fill the same role (Saiga, Benelli, etc).

Then why not add all of them? Seriously.

Lets have Spas-12, Saiga, Benelli. Why exclude any guns from being added to the game? Surely, with all the money the developers have for DayZ, much of it continuing to pile in, they can afford to offer a vast and wide amount of weapons in their game by the time beta is wrapping to an end.

Exclude no items. Ever. ADD THEM ALL.

• Like 2

Paulies right (theres no need to cuss like that, he ahould watch his fucking language :p)

Why exlude any gun? Does nobody tealize in A2 lore Chernarus had a black market economy? Do you know what they black market carries? In Somalia, you can buy an AK for 10 US dollars, and an RPG for about 30.

Its like the gold plated weapon argument all over again...

"Well, Gold AKs were in Arma 2 and OA, so.lets add them here"

ERMAHGERD MAH REALIZM GOLD GINS CANT WERK SOLID GOLD GUNZ DONT WERK

"But theyre gold plated, not solid gold genius. And yes they work, look at all of Saddams"

ERMAHGERSH U NUB GOLD GUNZ DONT WERK DERE UMRELAISTIC

"I said thwyre not solid gold, theyre in Arma 2, and they do.exist"

Stupid people pretty much ruined that one though. And theyre bound to ruin.this one as well, cause apparently CoD went back in time and created all the guns in all their games, so.if you suggest one then thats these peoples only argument.

-0.5??? exp branch. Weapon added: M1 Garand

ERMAHGERD U COD KIDDY DAS FROM COD UR STUPID DAT GUN SHUDNT ECSIST U COD KID GET GUD ROCKET

• Like 3

Exclude no items. Ever. ADD THEM ALL.

You may have to wait for 500 zettabyte drives and cheap autodev robot employees.

• Like 1

You may have to wait for 500 zettabyte drives and cheap autodev robot employees.

You can't expect short-sighted self-serving bad-mannered children to understand that concept.  

Edited by nettles

You can't expect short-sighted self-serving bad-mannered children to understand that concept.  

Yes, because a SPAS-12 shotgun that is fairly rare in Eastern Europe is clearly as unrealistic as two items that... don't exist... at all.

And to be fair, it is used in Croatia and Turkey, so it's not like they don't exist in Eastern Europe to at least some degree. I'm not trying to say it's a very realistic gun, but saying it shouldn't be in at all simply because it's not perfect for the region is ridiculous.

Heh, this reminds me of the days when I played Urban Terror, man that was a long time ago. The SPAS was the worst weapon in the entire game, you literally could not do worse lol. But man was it a fun game.

Idk, I really don't know how useful an addition a SPAS is. Then again, I don't know its irl firing characteristics. Is our new pump action shotgun basically the same thing?Because if so, the niche the spas would have filled, is already filled by a civilian weapon.

Also, I would rather the devs time be spent elsewhere, than making an infinite amount of weapons.For one, you would never be able to find the one you want, for two, there would be so many different ammo types you couldn't find the ammo you want. And if you say they could just make some rarer, then whats the point in making them in the first place? I don't want to come off as abrasive, but I really don't like that idea. I would much rather them focus on adding different gameplay elements.

My point is simple and straight forward. Insult me all you want. You already have the closeminded viewset that all 'tactical' weapons should be excluded anyway, so nothing you say really matters to me. Its clear you're too far off to realize that you can't just have a one-sided arsenal of weapons in a game like this. 'Civilian' and 'military' weapons can easily coexist. None of them are 'overpowered'. All guns, in essence, are 'overpowered.' Why?

A headshot kills. Instantly, if there is no protection. A 9mm or a 5.56 or a .338 Lapua, it will do all the same if it hits you dead center in your skull. Any bullet can kill anybody. Some are just better at it then others.

Some guns can shoot faster, farther, all of that, but they can all kill you. A bolt action can take out two guys with assault rifles, depending on the scenario.

The mindset that 'tactical' weapons don't fit and are somehow inherently better then 'civilian' armaments is silly.

My sassy response was to Gews's comment that adding every gun and item that people want to see would cause the game files to be swollen, code would be overly complicated, development would take far longer, and since we're just in alpha we should be more concerned with how the features work instead of picking up your favorite assault rifle and running to Elektro to pop bambis.

My only vice with 'assault/tacticool/bad-ass' weapons is that there are going to be far more of those weapons in circulation than would make sense.  For instance, There's only a handful of military bases.  there are probably thousands of those weapons in circulation right now.  I can't imagine there being more than 15 rifles on any military base pre-zombie infestation in Chernarus. 

Some people prefer realism over implementing every firearm known to mankind..

I'm not trying to say it's a very realistic gun, but saying it shouldn't be in at all simply because it's not perfect for the region is ridiculous.

It shouldn't be in because we have several better choices for shotguns and many dozens of better choices for firearms in general. If they make a couple hundred of those firearms first, then they can happily add a SPAS-12 with some ridiculously tiny chance of spawn. It's even not a gun without any other substitutes. Why would they waste their time on it? Why pay someone to model it? But given the current weapons maybe I would not be surprised  <_<

It shouldn't be in because we have several better choices for shotguns and many dozens of better choices for firearms in general. If they make a couple hundred of those firearms first, then they can happily add a SPAS-12 with some ridiculously tiny chance of spawn. It's even not a gun without any other substitutes. Why would they waste their time on it? Why pay someone to model it? But given the current weapons maybe I would not be surprised  <_<

That's being unfairly pessimistic. I think you're being a little too nitpicky about the weapons we see in game.

The vast majority of guns in game and planned are perfectly acceptable. Hell, we're about to receive a huge influx of AKs (an AK-74, AK-74M, and AKS-74U), all of which originally were not going to happen precisely for reasons you disagree with. I'd say focus more on the good aspect of things rather than losing sleep over the fact that they picked a Blaser over a TOZ or whatnot.

And I'm not saying it needs to nor should be done, I'm just saying in the case that it is done it's not the worst weapon ever. Of course I'd rather have a Saiga, or Benelli, or Mossberg, or whatever, but that doesn't mean that doing one of these is somehow wrong.

That's being unfairly pessimistic. I think you're being a little too nitpicky about the weapons we see in game.

I'm always nitpicking. :lol:

The vast majority of guns in game and planned are perfectly acceptable.

I don't know about that, IMO Mosin, 10/22, 1911, Walther, AKM, AK74, AKS74U, SKS, CZ75, CZ527, IZH-43, MP133, SVD, and M4A1 are good or decent choices, and AWC Amphibian, Makarov PMM, Derringer, AK101, Blaser, FNX45, Python, Encore, PM-73, MP5K, AUG and Rossi are either questionable or poor choices. That is pretty close by my count.

And especially given how often some of these spawn. I see many, many Blasers and Pythons. It's not like these are rare weapons in the game, nor will they ever be. As far as guns go they are common as dirt and that's just...

And I'm not saying it needs to nor should be done, I'm just saying in the case that it is done it's not the worst weapon ever. Of course I'd rather have a Saiga, or Benelli, or Mossberg, or whatever, but that doesn't mean that doing one of these is somehow wrong.

It isn't a heatseeking plasma rifle but it is still "wrong" because there's no good reason to add it, there are far better choices available, and "plus SPAS-12" equals "minus something else", there's no free lunch. I don't see how it could be "right".

Fuck off. You do nothing to help the game.

If they were to add as many guns as humanly possible, thus diversifying the weapon loot tables, who gives a shit if there is 50 'assault' weapons and 100 'civilian' weapons? Add the Spas-12. Why? It's a gun. Its feasibly possible it could be somewhere in Chernarus. Plus, shotguns aren't as effective as, say, an assault fucking rifle.

Agreed Edited by DaNic2553

I'm always nitpicking. :lol:

I don't know about that, IMO Mosin, 10/22, 1911, Walther, AKM, AK74, AKS74U, SKS, CZ75, CZ527, IZH-43, MP133, SVD, and M4A1 are good or decent choices, and AWC Amphibian, Makarov PMM, Derringer, AK101, Blaser, FNX45, Python, Encore, PM-73, MP5K, AUG and Rossi are either questionable or poor choices. That is pretty close by my count.

And especially given how often some of these spawn. I see many, many Blasers and Pythons. It's not like these are rare weapons in the game, nor will they ever be. As far as guns go they are common as dirt and that's just...

It isn't a heatseeking plasma rifle but it is still "wrong" because there's no good reason to add it, there are far better choices available, and "plus SPAS-12" equals "minus something else", there's no free lunch. I don't see how it could be "right".

I wouldn't say the AUG or MP5K are inherently bad choices. There aren't a whole lot of bullpup ARs that really see major widespread use around Eastern Europe, it's fairly inconsistent, but among guns like the TAR-21, FN F2000, and Vepr, the AUG is not absent. Plus, seeing what they've discussed, there's a lot they want to do with the AUG, so there's definitely room for other rifles. Likewise, the moshpit that is called the MP5K isn't so much a poor choice, but rather that a full sized variant ala the MP5A2/A3 would have been a better choice. And they did give it the PDW stock, so it's much more believable.

The Makarov, Rak, and AK are perfectly fine for the scenario. It's the specific variants that make it odd - the 'AK-101' (not even an AK-101, just a renamed AK-74M), the PM-73 (again, model of a PM-63, renamed), and Makarov IJ-70-17F (Only gun of the three actually originally modeled to be as it is ingame.) And there's nothing to say that the Baikal Makarov is a bad choice, it's just that the PM would've obviously been the more realistic choice. I wouldn't lose sleep over things like this, but that's just me.

The Blaze, Derringer, and Rossi are somewhat unique in their own respects. Blaser guns aren't weapons you don't find in Eastern Europe. It's not like the B95 itself is somehow out of place, it's just that the rate at which it spawns is unrealistic for the real variant of the rifle it's supposed to represent. The RG17 and Rossi were clearly done because the devs wanted a lever-action rifle and derringer in the game. There aren't really any guns of those kinds in notable quantity to say those were poor choices compared to other weapons. Under assumed realism, both series of weapons would best be left absent, but in this case it's hard to compare.

And the FNX was done simply because it was a new resource at the time and no other pistols existed. Granted, I'm not sure why they didn't choose to add the Walther P99 or MP-443 instead, but that's probably for the same reason all of the other guns exist - the devs thought that they were cool and/or were unique enough in respects to gameplay to warrant them being added.

(Also, I don't know about you, but the PM-73 is extremely rare. I've only ever found mags for it, and across the board very few people have used it since it was released.)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Why the hell should any gun be a "plus" and a "minus"? They can add as many as they fucking want. Oh, the Spas-12 and Saiga are slightly similar! Despite being two incredibly different guns. One is magazine fed. Both look 'oh so tactical'. So what? Add them both. They're both shotguns that you may find in an apocalyptic scenario. While you're at it, add other weapons that fit the role. Create a vast, wide variety of weapons in every single fucking category.

The game shouldn't wimp out and have us 'argue' over adding guns. If the gun exists and isn't some super rarity, add it into the game if there is time. The devs shouldn't leave modders to pick up the fucking work and make huge gun packs, but it seems like that is what they are going to do.

Adding more guns only expands the loot tables and thus makes them better and more diverse. If its a gun and it could even possibly be there, add it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say the AUG or MP5K are inherently bad choices.

No gun is a bad choice, if the devs don't go with a fucktarded mindset that one gun is a 'plus' and a 'minus' at the same time.

You can have more then one type of weapon in a video game. Easily. They can have 30 bolt actions, 30 assault rifles, 30 shotguns, 30 pistols, 30 semi-automatics, 10 lever actions (much more narrow range of weaponry), and 30 submachine guns. Will this 'unbalance' the game in any way? Hell fucking no. Just add a small chance guns spawn with their magazines, the only problem the loot tables give us. Expand calibers for a more diverse loot table, as well, and you will have a game where you're probably going to find a different weapon everytime.

You'll bounce from gun to gun depending on what you find. Finding a gun shouldn't be easy, there should just be a large variety of them. It will make the game inherently better. More people have their 'dream gun' in the game and you get to use more then the drab and drag mosin or AKM we've all gotten very used to.

Shit man, I would love to see the SPAS introduced in even tho I'm a strong advocate for the less assault variety of weapons.

Finding a SPAS would give me half o mongrel for sure

I think Derringer's are far more commonly found weapons (Due to their history in self defense); however, the Uzi would definitely be a great addition to the game, at least if they are going to add the Gold Plated AKM. Why? Only wealthy gang members/ dictators would have gold plated guns, and if gang weapons are implemented, why not an Uzi or Uzi variant? Drive by's :o

Derringers are very common in the US but since WWII only a few models have been made in numbers. Alot of antique and gun shops have a ton of different models of derringers, But most of them are from the 1800's and would explode if fired. BUT they aren't even the ones being added. The name derringer isn't for one weapon, it applies to pretty much all weapons in that style. And during the 1800's atleast 100 different models were made.

i'de say the Model of derringer (Most common) being added is about as common as a Golden Ak IRL, And i bet more Uzi's and its variants are in existence than all Derringers, Becuase of the Slow production of the Ladder. Also, Uzi's are all over the world while Derringers are mostly in the US.

And in Chernarus? Fuk those Derringers. (Noy saying i don't want it added)

(Edit) Did i really just write a giant rant without making my point? I want the Uzi... excuse my tiredness

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

No gun is a bad choice, if the devs don't go with a fucktarded mindset that one gun is a 'plus' and a 'minus' at the same time.

You can have more then one type of weapon in a video game. Easily. They can have 30 bolt actions, 30 assault rifles, 30 shotguns, 30 pistols, 30 semi-automatics, 10 lever actions (much more narrow range of weaponry), and 30 submachine guns. Will this 'unbalance' the game in any way? Hell fucking no. Just add a small chance guns spawn with their magazines, the only problem the loot tables give us. Expand calibers for a more diverse loot table, as well, and you will have a game where you're probably going to find a different weapon everytime.

You'll bounce from gun to gun depending on what you find. Finding a gun shouldn't be easy, there should just be a large variety of them. It will make the game inherently better. More people have their 'dream gun' in the game and you get to use more then the drab and drag mosin or AKM we've all gotten very used to.

That's originally how I felt about the situation - as many guns & calibers as possible, even for guns & calibers with extremely limited variety or that you'd almost never find.

However, that's impractical for development. More guns of all kinds are always welcome to me, but I feel like it's a good idea to flesh out the different kinds of guns first, and it's not realistic to expect that (despite how much I'd love it to be) every gun under the sun can/will be added. It's more so arguing on the merits of what should be added first in that respect, because a Saiga would ultimately be better than the SPAS.

That isn't saying that it shouldn't be added, just that given limited development resources and time, the Saiga would be more beneficial to the game.

I do hope that weapons eventually get expanded on for variety alone, not because of gameplay purposes, but that's not for this stage. Right now we need a good set of variable weapons.

That's originally how I felt about the situation - as many guns & calibers as possible, even for guns & calibers with extremely limited variety or that you'd almost never find.

However, that's impractical for development. More guns of all kinds are always welcome to me, but I feel like it's a good idea to flesh out the different kinds of guns first, and it's not realistic to expect that (despite how much I'd love it to be) every gun under the sun can/will be added. It's more so arguing on the merits of what should be added first in that respect, because a Saiga would ultimately be better than the SPAS.

That isn't saying that it shouldn't be added, just that given limited development resources and time, the Saiga would be more beneficial to the game.

I do hope that weapons eventually get expanded on for variety alone, not because of gameplay purposes, but that's not for this stage. Right now we need a good set of variable weapons.

I simply want there to be as many weapons and calibers as possible by release or late Beta, not now in Alpha.

even tho I'm a strong advocate for the less assault variety of weapons.

Why? Why not have 'assault variety of weapons?' You can have both civilian weapons and 'tactical' weapons. They can coexist. They're both effective, too, a bullet is a bullet - It kills.

Some people prefer realism over implementing every firearm known to mankind..

The community gets very picky choosy for what kinds of realism they want in.