alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Not pouting, just i miss assumed it was a request page

Request: DENIED

And you just find all that weapons hanging around everywhere in the end of world...right ? Like a huge shop where you can find any weapon you want. Is already bad enough in my opinion, the Devs are spending far to much time adding every single weapon imaginable ... but not enough time adding things to use that weapons on. Soon if going to be so much fire power that bullets are just going to fly across the map none stop.

I'd hardly agree, compared to the mod, or that matter any game where guns play an important role, dayz is rather pathetic. Everyone's arsenal is the same, as well as everyone's top tier. Weapons and the various attachments get boring to use, and everyone uses either an SKS, mosin or AKM. Weapons like the cz 527, double barrel and blaze see little to any use, and next to no one seems to have an m4 with a clean legit mag attached. The day where when I walk past 10 geared players and dont see the same weapon twice is the day where dayz's weapons are balanced and finished.

Also fire power thing is very flawed, one easily argues with less weapons in game makes its easier to find mags and ammunition the gun you currently have. Sure you can turn down the spawn rates but that still leaves a very boring selection of guns. As for to much, yes, there are other things that they could be working on, but the dev team never fails to prove just how slow they are at doing anything (no offence), and this makes it easier to criticize where they are spending there time. As for every weapon under the sun, lol. The devs have only just got most of the basics done, no where close to 'every gun under the sun' if that where true every gun ever mentioned in this thread would be in game, and I would be surprised if even 10% of those end up ingame

I'd hardly agree, compared to the mod, or that matter any game where guns play an important role, dayz is rather pathetic. Everyone's arsenal is the same, as well as everyone's top tier. Weapons and the various attachments get boring to use, and everyone uses either an SKS, mosin or AKM. Weapons like the cz 527, double barrel and blaze see little to any use, and next to no one seems to have an m4 with a clean legit mag attached. The day where when I walk past 10 geared players and dont see the same weapon twice is the day where dayz's weapons are balanced and finished.

Also fire power thing is very flawed, one easily argues with less weapons in game makes its easier to find mags and ammunition the gun you currently have. Sure you can turn down the spawn rates but that still leaves a very boring selection of guns. As for to much, yes, there are other things that they could be working on, but the dev team never fails to prove just how slow they are at doing anything (no offence), and this makes it easier to criticize where they are spending there time. As for every weapon under the sun, lol. The devs have only just got most of the basics done, no where close to 'every gun under the sun' if that where true every gun ever mentioned in this thread would be in game, and I would be surprised if even 10% of those end up ingame

You obviously missed the point...DayZ Standalone isn't the mod or Arma game.. or any other game where guns are the main focus. Why you think you start playing the game with only a torch and a battery ? instead of a fully loaded gun with ammo.

• Like 2

You obviously missed the point...DayZ Standalone isn't the mod or Arma game.. or any other game where guns are the main focus. Why you think you start playing the game with only a torch and a battery ? instead of a fully loaded gun with ammo.

Your right but your wrong, DayZ SA is the mod, or at least its supposed to be a better version of it, and the mod wasn't all about guns either.

tldr;

winchester repeating model 70, not any line in particular, just a really really good rifle.

tldr;

winchester repeating model 70, not any line in particular, just a really really good rifle.

Yeah could use a typical hunting rifle uses the same ammunition as the Mosin. But the developers will add more rifle manufactured by the European company as CZ, Sauer and Sabatti

Yeah could use a typical hunting rifle uses the same ammunition as the Mosin. But the developers will add more rifle manufactured by the European company as CZ, Sauer and Sabatti

yeah i pretty much thought the same, however considering the fact the winchester made it in the mod and is a gun that is mainly imported rather than held in it's country of origin, doesn't hurt to ask ;)

A huge emphasis of DayZ is getting a better weapon and gaining an edge in survival. At the moment, as stated by l4yue, there is very little variation and you either have a good weapon or a borderline useless one.   Plus if Dayz SA becomes anywhere near as good as the mod was at first then it is a success in my eyes.

Edited by lootable
  • Like 1

Steyr Aug confirmed. i wonder which one, hopefully the old traditional STG 77

better come with the ACOG attached to it.

Steyr Aug confirmed. i wonder which one, hopefully the old traditional STG 77

If Dean wants the Steyr AUG in the game for the same reason he's going to put the Browning Hi-Power in, it'll probably be whichever version of the AUG that is currently issued to the NZ Armed Forces.

I am hoping the aug we see is not the new one but instead the one found in in conflict all over the middle east.

The A1 with a fixed scope.

If Dean wants the Steyr AUG in the game for the same reason he's going to put the Browning Hi-Power in, it'll probably be whichever version of the AUG that is currently issued to the NZ Armed Forces.

When did he say he was adding the Browning Hi-Power? I'm really excited if they actually plan on adding it, but you'd think they'd go with the P226 if they wanted the active handgun (or both, I like both guns, especially SIGs.)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Dean said he wanted the Browning Hi-Power because he used it himself at PAX. However he also stated that its not really his decision. So its not confirmed but might be on the (wish-)list. He confirmed the M1 Garand shortly after this though.

Browning hi power would be pretty fantastic.

Let's see if they model in the grip bite. #1 reason I like the idea of the hi power is because of how iconic it is. The hi power sits next to the m1911 in terms of how influential the pistol was in history.

Ever heard of something called manners....son. ie be polite, learn to spell and don't call me son, that clear enough for you.

And if you killed 150lb hogs with a .410 what cartridge did you use and at what range ?  I will have to ask some other hunter friends of mine their opinion on the matter.

While I admit that it is probably quite possible to kill a hog with a .410 using a slug at close range, I wouldn't fancy taking the chance when there are more suitable calibers available.

Come on Legio23 I hear tell that DURHUNTER takes on Cape Buffalo with a .22 revoilver and his Rambo knife. He's a legend!!!  But in any case I use a .45-70 Marlin lever action carbine on hogs and my 1911 with hardball ammunition as a backup. When dealing with hogs in the Brush I wan't something that will anchor them to the deck QUICK.  

texana_4_1286848885.jpg

• Like 2

Browning hi power would be pretty fantastic.

Let's see if they model in the grip bite. #1 reason I like the idea of the hi power is because of how iconic it is. The hi power sits next to the m1911 in terms of how influential the pistol was in history.

A copy of the Browning HP is produced in Hungary, in addition Chernarus is bordered by Takistan which received considerable military support from the West during the Cold War (Mil-Surp import) so its presence in Chernarus would not be unusual.

A copy of the Browning HP is produced in Hungary, in addition Chernarus is bordered by Takistan which received considerable military support from the West during the Cold War (Mil-Surp import) so its presence in Chernarus would not be unusual.

I never said it would be unusual.

It would be quite the opposite the HP is one of the most prolific semi auto pistols of the 20th century.

Mossberg Model 500

The Model 500 isn't the most exotic or expensive pump shotgun on the market, but it works. A favorite with those who want solid performance at a modest price the aluminum alloy-framed 500 combined lightweight, reliability, fast handling, and interchangeable barrels to fill many roles.

37_mossberg_500_0.jpg?itok=lga10v7U

Found on reddit. Ie civilian weapons produced in Russia.

VPO-301 Griffin

Hunting rifle / shotgun which interesting design feature is the ability to adapt it to the 3 types of ammunition, a 308 Win, 223 Rem and 20 gauge whole conversion involves the exchange of three elements namely barrel, magazine and bolt face. Available with a magazine for 2, 5 or 6 rounds.

5192422.jpg

VPO 210 (12 Gauge) and VPO 211 (20 Gauge)

Semi-automatic shotguns from factory Molot. They have a rotary magazine 3 + 1, like oversized 10/22 (at least as described by the owner). In the photo, the 210 is at the top and 211 below

DgWVsZv.jpg

MA-PP-91

Based on PKSK version of PP-91, semiauto pistol, made for private guards service. Almost the original PP-91 without full auto. So this one - is civilian version of it. Longer barrel with fake can on it, welded stock.

UlZSvju.jpg

Mouflon (Mosin-Nagant M44 in .410)

Curio from Russia. Due to legal restrictions on the possession of firearms in this case the possibility of having rifle only after 5 years of having shotguns, local gunsmiths adapt M44 rifles and other ammunition caliber 7.62 to 410 as a substitute of rifle for sport shooters and hunters who do not have five years "experience". In the countries bordering on Russia "ersatz-rifle" has gained a certain popularity due to cheap ammo from Russia in this caliber.

z7XLSn9.jpg
Edited by Uweron1010

Hi!

I've just started playing DayZ Standalone and so far I have developed a love/hate relationship to the game. I definitely see a ton of potential tho. Here are a couple of guns I'd be stoked to see in Chernarus. I know one or two of them are highly unlikely to find in rural wherever-chernarus-is, but they'd still be cool as fudge.

1. De Lisle carbine

The De Lisle carbine or De Lisle Commando carbine was a British firearm used during World War II that was designed with an integral suppressor. That, combined with its use of subsonic ammunition, made it extremely quiet in action, possibly one of the quietest firearms ever made. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine

This bolt action silent killer would be sick to roam around with in high populated cities at night. As the Thompson it's chambered with .45 ACP so it would be perfect to carry together with a 1911.

delisle-027213_2.jpg

2. Thompson M1A1

The Thompson was favored by soldiers, criminals, police and civilians alike for its ergonomics, compactness, large .45 ACP cartridge, reliability, and high volume of automatic fire. It has since gained popularity among civilian collectors for its historical significance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun

Needs no further explanation.

thompsom_newspec_11.jpg

3. 38 Special

The Colt Detective Special is a carbon steel framed double-action short-barreled revolver, and is an example of a class of firearms known to gun enthusiasts as "snubnosed", "snubbies", or "belly guns". As the name "Detective Special" suggests, this model revolver was used as a concealed weapon by plainclothes police detectiveshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Detective_Special

Just get it in there!

400px-ColtDS.jpg

4. FN MAG (preferably the -58 make)

The FN MAG is a Belgian 7.62 mm general-purpose machine gun, designed in the early 1950s at Fabrique Nationale (FN) by Ernest Vervier. It has been used by more than 80 countries, and it has been made under licence in countries such as ArgentinaEgyptIndiaSingapore and the United Kingdomhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_MAG

Mechanical, big, heavy, hard-hitting and brutal. If a beast like this would be to OP in DayZ, maybe limit it to be a carry-in-hands-only weapon due to the sheer size and weight of the damn thing.

fn_mag_b.jpg