alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Son...ive killed 150 pound hogs with a .410 shut yo mouth.

Ever heard of something called manners....son. ie be polite, learn to spell and don't call me son, that clear enough for you.

And if you killed 150lb hogs with a .410 what cartridge did you use and at what range ?  I will have to ask some other hunter friends of mine their opinion on the matter.

While I admit that it is probably quite possible to kill a hog with a .410 using a slug at close range, I wouldn't fancy taking the chance when there are more suitable calibers available.

Edited by Legio23

Ever heard of something called manners....son. ie be polite, learn to spell and don't call me son, that clear enough for you.

And if you killed 150lb hogs with a .410 what cartridge did you use and at what range ?  I will have to ask some other hunter friends of mine their opinion on the matter.

While I admit that it is probably quite possible to kill a hog with a .410 using a slug at close range, I wouldn't fancy taking the chance when there are more suitable calibers available.

well i called you son and not something like 'you fucking cunt youve never hunted a day in you goddamned stupid ass life' now did i?

30 yards, with buckshot, through brush.

Edited by kichilron
There is no need for such behaviour.

One thing the devs really haven't capitalized on is having a second rifle that accepts a common mag with another rifle. Any of these rifles would be a good fit to introduce not only ammo compatibility, but magazine and optic compatablity.

G36 and AUG don't use STANAGs without modification.

TAF Frontier (real name AIA No 4 Mk IV and M10 B-2 Match) (7,62X51)

That's my idea for players who miss the "dinner bell" from mod.

The most famous product Takistan Arms Factory or Lee Enfield rifle replica uses the 308 Winchester caliber ammunition with a barrel length of 24 inches. Rifle in Chernarus appeared in the mid 80s as gifts to members of the Communist Party. The rifle has become popular in the former Soviet Union and other countries in the 90s among shooters looking for weapons which will be similar to the British original but will use the wide widespread ammunition.

3793-02--01.jpg

It's funny because Takistan is an actual country in ArmA 2 and it's where the Lee-Enfields in the game came from :P

Your thinking seems to be flawed in the fact that you dont want .410 because there are more effective shotgun rounds available, but if that's all you want why add a new shotgun gauge when 12 gauge already exists? You my aswell replace all the rifle calibres with .50 bmg because thats the most effective rifle calibre commonly available. The reason for .410 instead of 20 gauge is variety, not power. .410 also looks more different from 12 gauge then 20 gauge and would cut down on confusion, in both the name and appearance, making it a more likely and suitable candidate. 

There are versions of both those weapons that can accept STANNAG/MAGPUL magazines

Augs require a special kit and the g36 uses a special adapter that you can see attached to the bottom of the magwell. I see no reason to add these particular firearms, as the only thing needed in the loot tables other then the rifle itself is the magazines, not a new round. The devs have shown no hesitation to litter the loottables with specific magazines, only new calibres so I would imagine these could go in as there normal most common variants.

Your thinking seems to be flawed in the fact that you dont want .410 because there are more effective shotgun rounds available, but if that's all you want why add a new shotgun gauge when 12 gauge already exists? You my aswell replace all the rifle calibres with .50 bmg because thats the most effective rifle calibre commonly available. The reason for .410 instead of 20 gauge is variety, not power. .410 also looks more different from 12 gauge then 20 gauge and would cut down on confusion, in both the name and appearance, making it a more likely and suitable candidate. 

No my thinking is not at all flawed thank you. I don't at all consider it necessary to add another guage, but, if there is to be one added I do not see any reason for it to be the .410 when the 20g would be a much better choice both for hunting and defence.

Please your arguementation with the 50BMG is rather lame and childish and NOT at all what I was implying as well you know therefore a ridiculous statement, plus, its not the most effective rifle round so better go back and check that again.

What variety ? oh your one of those that wants the 'cool' guns, because if we had the .410 we could have the judge or the governer etc etc. that again is a pretty lame excuse in my opinion too to have the .410 there is more than enough variety with 20g shotguns, plus, a short .410 out of a short revolver barrel you may as well stick to using the pistol round. As for cuting down confusion, seriously you're trying to tell me that you won't be able to tell the difference between a 12 or 20g shell ? well hopefully not everyone on this game gets so easily 'confused'.

Had you bothered to actually go back and read, this started because someone stated 'what about a .22/.410/12g combo'. Why on earth would you want a 3 barrelled combo in that configuration as for me the .410 is redundant there. I also stated that I could see the use of a .410 with .22 combo, but you prefered just jumping up and spouting off, as I also said that the .410 had its merits for small game hunting but a 20g is more effective.

But now I'm just being stubborn.

Edited by Legio23

Augs require a special kit and the g36 uses a special adapter that you can see attached to the bottom of the magwell. I see no reason to add these particular firearms, as the only thing needed in the loot tables other then the rifle itself is the magazines, not a new round. The devs have shown no hesitation to litter the loottables with specific magazines, only new calibres so I would imagine these could go in as there normal most common variants.

Those are built to accept STANNAG Models, not conversions using an add-on or adapter. The whiners casuals will complain about finding new magazines if they take this route.

In 20 gauge vs. .410 bore I would root for the the .410 bore simply because there is a greater difference between it and 12 gauge in both actual shooting (thus gameplay) and name. Telling the difference shouldn't be a problem anyways as you could just have 20 gauge shells in yellow and .410 bore is much thinner than both. However I think adding both would be too much - while I would like to have two separate shotgun strains three would probably be too much.

The 12 gauge strain might consist of higher power low to mid tier weapons while the .410 bore strain could be a shared low tier (small game hunting) and high tier (automatic shotguns like the Saiga 410) category.

Edited by Evil Minion

It's funny because Takistan is an actual country in ArmA 2 and it's where the Lee-Enfields in the game came from :P

I know. I wanted to give only the ability to add to DayZ Standalone, one of the most iconic guns from the mod and at the same time reconciled with the fact that the developers "do not like strange calibers in the game" (that is 303 British) adding a possible in-game description, a small easter-egg and give a little lore about Chernarus and Takistan. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I know. I wanted to give only the ability to add to DayZ Standalone, one of the most iconic guns from the mod and at the same time reconciled with the fact that the developers "do not like strange calibers in the game" (that is 303 British) adding a possible in-game description, a small easter-egg and give a little lore about Chernarus and Takistan. :rolleyes:

You pretty much hit it spot on with that one, beans to you. You should really try directly petitioning it to one of the devs like Chris Torchia, or at least try reddit, because apparently they have their 1.0 release weapons planned out so weapons suggestions are going out the window really quickly. The devs read the forums but you can't rely on them here.

Those are built to accept STANNAG Models, not conversions using an add-on or adapter. The whiners casuals will complain about finding new magazines if they take this route.

The G36's you posted use an adapter. HK has never produced a stanag compilable g36, but an adapter for the the magazine well exists. The AUG uses a special nato compliant stock. I really see no reason to add these variants of the weapon when the devs don't seem to mind adding new magazines. A number off the magazines (cz 527, Ak-101, Makarov, PM63, P1 to name few) have no options for expansion into other firearms, and those who complain eventually learn.   

Edited by I4yue

I really see no reason to add these variants of the weapon when the devs don't seem to mind adding new magazines.

Because those weapons would - if added - supplement the M4A1 at helicopter crash sites. Now helicopter crash sites are already pretty rare and I don't think the magazines should be found there in abundance and they should not be found elsewhere. So having different magazines makes it even harder to find the right ones while also somewhat reducing competition between those weapons in terms of magazines.

Having them use the same magazines instead would keep the same dynamics just adding more variety for the basic weapon platform.

FN Minimi?

M249 (it self a version of the Minmi) would be better as I don't think the mag well for 5.56 magazines is standard on all versions of the Minimi.

M249 (it self a version of the Minmi) would be better as I don't think the mag well for 5.56 magazines is standard on all versions of the Minimi.

Just a thought. weve suggested every gun in civilization.

Well 5.45x39 is confirmed! Here's hoping we get the AK74M as well as the AKS74U.

I don't get why most of the Russian/Slavic arms are not being voted in and the American ones are. American weapons are 1 in 1000 in Slavic countries, yet the Winchester gets put in and the VSS doesn't? How does this make any sense...you are more likely to find a VSS, As-Val than a bloody Winchester. 

Why does it matter if it is used by the Spetsnaz and surrounding special forces? These guns have been put in every Russian, Ukrainian game post ww2. Stop with the ridiculous American weapons and start putting in weapons that you would actually find.

you are more likely to find a VSS, As-Val than a bloody Winchester. 

Maybe inside military areas but outside you would probably find much more Winchesters. Now Chernarus is a fictional country so you won't know for sure which weapon are "authentic". As a former Soviet state with a recent NATO intervention its very likely to find Soviet weapons and modern NATO weaponry. However, we don't know about gun laws and the weapons used by Chernarus after the Soviet Union stopped being a union. Very exotic weapons like the Armsel Striker are unlikely but the Winchester is not (neither are VSS and AS Val).

Now for civilian guns we can assume that popular models might also be popular in Chernarus. As for militay equipment - NATO and Russian is very likely as are firearms from former Soviet states. And of course the chance of finding one of the most produced firearms worldwide is pretty high as well.

I don't get why most of the Russian/Slavic arms are not being voted in and the American ones are. American weapons are 1 in 1000 in Slavic countries, yet the Winchester gets put in and the VSS doesn't? How does this make any sense...you are more likely to find a VSS, As-Val than a bloody Winchester. 

Why does it matter if it is used by the Spetsnaz and surrounding special forces? These guns have been put in every Russian, Ukrainian game post ww2. Stop with the ridiculous American weapons and start putting in weapons that you would actually find.

Firstly, communism ended in Eastern Europe about 25 years ago and the Soviet Union collapsed 23 years ago. What this means for the shooter in these areas? In the shops there are plenty of western firearms which is popular all over the world (yep, local shooters use the same weapon that uses a Western Europe or the USA, albeit with some exceptions such as Baikal shotguns and a lot Soviet army surplus but Glock, Sabatti, Remington, lever-action rifles or AR-15 are as common as in the rest of Europe)  , moreover, the local armed forces and police in Chernarus could these two and a half decades to replace its Soviet-era weapons for new weapons.

As for the Dragunov rifle, these guns mostly sent for scrap or are interred somewhere in warehouses army and police in most countries of the former Eastern bloc since been replaced by a new weapon from the west as part of the standardization of weapons within NATO and słybymi performance this rifle compared to requirements of today's battlefield.

American weapons are 1 in 1000 in Slavic countries,

No

How does this make any sense...you are more likely to find a VSS, As-Val than a bloody Winchester. 

No

Stop with the ridiculous American weapons and start putting in weapons that you would actually find.

Most weapons currently in game, with the exception of the blaze, actually would actually be fairly common. Even some of the more sketchier guns like the python wouldn't be unrealistic as its a relativity common revolver calibre. The only flaw with these weapons is if the chernarus lore says the country had stringent gun control, which would prohibit ownership of any firearm, meaning Russian or american, they'd both be hard to get. The fact you think the VSS would be more common a Winchester your whole post even more lol worthy. Only 4 country's use the vintorez, and its only used by special op forces, making it extremely rare. Winchesters on the other hand are good hunting rifles would fairly common for this reason, as they are cheap and reliable and there arent many slavic produced hunting rifles. Dont get me wrong, Im all for the slavic firearms, but only really for common military rifles. Civilian firearm usage is much more varied and in the case of chernaruses map would be much more likley to be found then a VSS vintorez. 

How about a Model 12 Remington pump action .22 LR? Has a large tubular magazine, i dont know the exact capacity.

How about a Model 12 Remington pump action .22 LR? Has a large tubular magazine, i dont know the exact capacity.

Sounds good.

A varied selection of guns in .22lr only helps the game.

Its a shame that Alexei cant get on more often because of school.

• Like 1