alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

-snip

De Lisle Carbine: Hell No

M1A1 Thompson: No, EXTREMELY few given to the Soviet army in WW2.  PP variant SMGs would be more common.

Colt Detective Special: Eh.. Maybe

FN MAG: Maybe.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

De Lisle Carbine

Is extremely rare but my god is it a very unique gun that would actually bring alot of the desireable qualities of the VSS to dayz.

It shares magazines with the m1911, it is .45 acp, it has a limited range of under 400m shame its so rare though.

Found on reddit. Ie civilian weapons produced in Russia.

VPO-301 Griffin

Hunting rifle / shotgun which interesting design feature is the ability to adapt it to the 3 types of ammunition, a 308 Win, 223 Rem and 20 gauge whole conversion involves the exchange of three elements namely barrel, magazine and bolt face. Available with a magazine for 2, 5 or 6 rounds.

5192422.jpg

VPO 210 (12 Gauge) and VPO 211 (20 Gauge)

Semi-automatic shotguns from factory Molot. They have a rotary magazine 3 + 1, like oversized 10/22 (at least as described by the owner). In the photo, the 210 is at the top and 211 below

DgWVsZv.jpg

MA-PP-91

Based on PKSK version of PP-91, semiauto pistol, made for private guards service. Almost the original PP-91 without full auto. So this one - is civilian version of it. Longer barrel with fake can on it, welded stock.

UlZSvju.jpg

Mouflon (Mosin-Nagant M44 in .410)

Curio from Russia. Due to legal restrictions on the possession of firearms in this case the possibility of having rifle only after 5 years of having shotguns, local gunsmiths adapt M44 rifles and other ammunition caliber 7.62 to 410 as a substitute of rifle for sport shooters and hunters who do not have five years "experience". In the countries bordering on Russia "ersatz-rifle" has gained a certain popularity due to cheap ammo from Russia in this caliber.

z7XLSn9.jpg

Those are amazing especially the semi auto shotgun the ammo capacity leads me to believe it is a fowl gun and it probably has a choke on it giving you night tight patterns at range.

How about this weapon

Colt New Service

.45 acp

Revolver

Fits the low hierarchy civilian firearm that could spawn in any of the houses and desk in the civilian homes.

ColtNewService1917.jpg

ColtNewService.jpg

De Lisle Carbine

Is extremely rare but my god is it a very unique gun that would actually bring alot of the desireable qualities of the VSS to dayz.

It shares magazines with the m1911, it is .45 acp, it has a limited range of under 400m shame its so rare though.

Those are amazing especially the semi auto shotgun the ammo capacity leads me to believe it is a fowl gun and it probably has a choke on it giving you night tight patterns at range.

Why would you trade in a Soviet Sniper Rifle like the VSS Vintorez (hint the word SOVIET, it was made in the Soviet Union) for a British EXTREMELY Limited Special Rifle...

De Lisle Carbine

.45 acp at just under 400 yards? Bwahahaha

Hahahahaha.

Hahahahaha.

Ha.

Gibonez, why u so dumb?

Gibonez, why u so dumb?

Why are you so dumb?

he said meters. not yards. damn metric.

Hahahahaha.

Hahahahaha.

Ha.

Gibonez, why u so dumb?

hmmm you do realize thats what the specified maximum effective range on the rifle is right ?

It also happens to be what the sights top off at also.

Bullets don't magically disappear after a set distance when you fire them.

Why are you so dumb?

he said meters. not yards. damn metric.

400 yards is 365 meters. Yards and meters are very close.

hmmm you do realize thats what the specified maximum effective range on the rifle is right ?

It also happens to be what the sights top off at also.

Bullets don't magically disappear after a set distance when you fire them.

Have you ever fired a handgun? Seriously. Or any pistol caliber round? You're talking insanity man. The drop would be 400-500 inches.

An sks already is tough at 400 yards irl, and you expect me to believe someone's doing that with a .45? That's probably for area targets/suppressive fire.

400 yards is 365 meters. Yards and meters are very close.

Have you ever fired a handgun? Seriously. Or any pistol caliber round? You're talking insanity man. The drop would be 400-500 inches.

An sks already is tough at 400 yards irl, and you expect me to believe someone's doing that with a .45? That's probably for area targets/suppressive fire.

Trust me I know I am not saying its easy I am merely listing what the effective range of the gun is.

I am sure the gun was used at distances much closer than that however.

The 400m effective range for the de lisle is most likely for point targets as the rifle was designed for sentry removal doubt it was ever used at those ranges however.

The comparison to the 9x39 still stands however as they both have very similar rainbow trajectories.

The Delilse Carbine will not be added to the list.

The Delilse Carbine will not be added to the list.

yea so guys quit bickering about it here is what he is saying nicely.

I think it'd be a fun little gun if it was rare. Just don't give it laser accuracy from a .45. Maybe it would be a good fit... FOR THE MUSEUM?

Im just gonna put this out there, but i think we should only have guns that have over lets say eh 500,000+ made. Anything less would be veryyyyy uncommon and not to say (game-breaking) but just would not fit the lore. Plus if its not made on the continent of Eurasia (excludes UN/Chopper crash stuff) it shouldnt be there.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Im just gonna put this out there, but i think we should only have guns that have over lets say eh 500,000+ made. Anything less would be veryyyyy uncommon and not to say (game-breaking) but just would not fit the lore. Plus if its not made on the continent of Eurasia (excludes UN/Chopper crash stuff) it shouldnt be there.

But it would fit in a... MUSEUM. :D

<500,000 guns is a lot more than it sounds, that requirement would unnecessarily limit the number of guns in game. Half of the guns in the game wouldn't be in for that requirement.

There are also plenty of non-Eurasian (mainly American) weapons that appear all across Europe - the M1911, Browning Hi-Power, M16 series, as well as many other guns from Colt, Winchester, Remington, Ruger, Taurus, and whatnot, are not at all uncommon across the planet, so that's a poor statement to be made.

Going to add some updates tonight:

Remove added weapons

Add old poll results

Going to add some updates tonight:

Remove added weapons

Add old poll results

would it be possible for you to talk to a moderator on getting this thread pinned so we wont have to deal with thousands of different weapon topics?

would it be possible for you to talk to a moderator on getting this thread pinned so we wont have to deal with thousands of different weapon topics?

If I were to get this thread pinned, then we would also have the clothing thread pinned.

I wish they would pin this, but I will try and contact them

Let's get some German & Austrian handgun love

Heckler & Koch P7 - 9x19mm

300px-H%26K_P7.jpg

Heckler & Koch USP - 9x19mm, .45 ACP

350px-USP9mm.jpg

Heckler & Koch USP Compact - 9x19mm, .45 ACP

350px-USPCompact9.jpg

Heckler & Koch HK-45 - .45 ACP

350px-HH45.jpg

Heckler & Koch Mark 23 - .45 ACP

400px-Mk23.jpg

SIG P210 - 9x19mm

400px-Sig_P210.jpg

SIG-Sauer P226 - 9x19mm

300px-SigP226.jpg

SIG-Sauer P228 - 9x19mm

300px-Two_Tone_Sig_Sauer_P228.jpg

SIG-Sauer P229R - 9x19mm

300px-SIG-SauerP229R.jpg

SIG Pro (SP2022) - 9x19mm

350px-SIG-SauerP2022Pro.jpg

Luger P08 - 9x19mm

350px-P08Luger1917.jpg

Walther P38K - 9x19mm ('Kurz' version of the P38. Can also be called the "P1K"

400px-P38K.jpg

Walther PP - .380 ACP

350px-Walther_PP.jpg

Walther PPK - .380 ACP

350px-PPKNazi1.jpg

Walther P22 - .22LR
WaltherP22.jpg

Walther P88 - 9x19mm

400px-Walther-P88C.jpg

Walther P99 - 9x19mm

300px-Walther-P99-Pistol.jpg

Glock 17 - 9x19mm

300px-Glock173rdGen.jpg

Glock 18 - 9x19mm

400px-Jamesgeorgopoulosdarkknightimfdb.j

Glock 19 - 9x19mm

300px-Glock19pistol.jpg

Glock 26 - 9x19mm

300px-Glock_26.jpg

Handguns FTW!~~~

(EDIT: Apparently that "Glock 18", is just the full-auto Glock 17 used in The Dark Knight. Oh well, a Glock 18 would still be awesome)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I like this.

I like this.

Too arbitrary, though. Plenty of guns from Eurasia that shouldn't be there and plenty of guns from the US that should be, without spawning in chopper crashsites (unless you want Sporter-22s spawning in heli crashsites)

Also setting a "real world manufacture limit" would diminish the chances of even most guns in the game from appearing.

Too arbitrary, though. Plenty of guns from Eurasia that shouldn't be there and plenty of guns from the US that should be, without spawning in chopper crashsites (unless you want Sporter-22s spawning in heli crashsites)

Also setting a "real world manufacture limit" would diminish the chances of even most guns in the game from appearing.

The number is too specific yes.

But I like the idea of the weapons being added in the game on the context of them making sense for the region and having some tangible number for them to be included.

The number is too specific yes.

But I like the idea of the weapons being added in the game on the context of them making sense for the region and having some tangible number for them to be included.

I guess, but does that mean we should get rid of guns like the FNX-45, Colt Python, and Amphibia? Because they certainly aren't region specific and are relatively limited production (FNX simply because it's a new gun)

I guess, but does that mean we should get rid of guns like the FNX-45, Colt Python, and Amphibia? Because they certainly aren't region specific and are relatively limited production (FNX simply because it's a new gun)

Sure why not.

I can think of 3 different guns that fit the exact same role with the same caliber as those guns yet would make far far far more logical sense.

Sure why not.

I can think of 3 different guns that fit the exact same role with the same caliber as those guns yet would make far far far more logical sense.

And what good would that do for development to scrap all the work put into those guns? (not to mention taking them out of the inventories of players who have them)

What would be the ideal 15-round modular .45 ACP handgun replacement for the FNX-45? There are, of course, USP, Glock, Mark 23, and 1911 models that fill a similar niche, but none would really be a complete replacement that's also a lot more realistic. The Mark 23 specifically is something I want a lot, but it's still only got a 13 round capacity.

And what about the AWC Amphibia S? Regular Ruger .22 pistols are similar but I can't think of any internally suppressed .22 pistols that are MORE realistic.

The Colt Python could obviously be replaced by a plethora of .357 pistols, but like the Blaze 95, it doesn't at all "feel" out of place.

That, and would you be willing to consider the "replacements" as supplements of the guns, rather than removing them completely. The FNX-45 & Amphibia both have traits that could completely justify high rarity, so a lower-end variant might simply augment the role rather than ostensibly taking it over.

Edited by Chaingunfighter