mattlightfoot

Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.34.115106

I fixed my issue with the HUGE performance drop and eventual freeze...

There were some items with flickering textures in my inventory.  I removed these items (all food in my case), and fixed.  Not saying this will fix everyone's issue with this new bug, but give it a shot.  Just remove the flickering items and get away from them.  

Thing is the flickering textures are happening with new characters too. Hope this gets fixed even if it isn't game breaking

hehe thanks mate ;) yeah i dont know why theres no statistic or other informations like fps, cpu usage etc. would be helpful by many performance issues.

because there are plenty of 3rd party apps for such information, no need for the team to spend time making this something in-game when most people already use other apps readily available to everyone.

Edited by Irenicus

So the B95 and cowboy-hats are in the stable-version right now? :>

Found both after a horrible lag to my death, found them on my way to my friends.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225507436

Did not keep it, want some more fun with the SKS first.

Edited by BoogyBas

Ok, just made a test run. 

Got the same issues like others with FPS.

Also searched for "flickering" items in my Inventory, found some flickering baked beanes and dropped them.

Then the game ran smooth for like.. 10 min until it frozen.

Time to wait for the next patch i guess :)

Nice Update, but could we get the building at the north east and west and where ever else it is. The one with the jail at the front and the stairs leading up to another room upstairs. There is a glitch where people can hide inside the wall down stairs and see out, they use it to sneak up on people and kill them through it, Cheap jerks who can't play fair.

I start with decent FPS and then (after about 5-10 minutes of playing) it drops to like 3-5 frames per second or even below (literally, sometimes the game freezes). It's happening to me and all my friends after this update. It's unplayabruuu right now  :(

• Like 1

because there are plenty of 3rd party apps for such information, no need for the team to spend time making this something in-game when most people already use other apps readily available to everyone.

thats make no sense. sorry but thats a bad excuse. the mod had it. absolutley no hard work to integrate a diagnostic tool.

Current major issues I see are...

1. Weapon duping bug that happens when carrying two weapons and you log out.  Its dropped on the ground but also still in your inventory. Please have it not drop your second pri weapon in your hands when you log off. (Most likely due to sitting down ?!)

2. Rain can sometimes cause MAJOR lag/framerate issues... everyone on the server were experiencing them at the same time but pings were low.

It was raining hard for some, stopping and starting for others or raining lightly... and kept changing, for people in the same 2-3 block radius.

Edit: Might be items texture related as others have reported...

3. Reinstate some sort of speed checking server side, to not allow people using speed hacks.  I know it was bugged and the check was moved client side, returning it serverside with a higher value might work... removing the possibility of the client side check being bypassed.

Edit: Items 2

Edited by ErZ101

I've had the mentioned FPS problems both when raining and not raining, so the rain is defenitely not causing it, unless there's sort of a dynamic rain system and it doesn't rain in all parts of the map at once.

The FPS issues seem to happen only to certain servers, most likely during lag times and don't seem to affect all players (I had 8 FPS on a high-medium PC while my friend had 20 stable FPSs on a pretty old CPU)

All of the guys in our crew experienced some very bad frame loss around Cherno. Prior to hitting Cherno, several of us were scattered around the map. We decided to meet up in Cherno. When one of the guys hit Cherno and started to look around, he died unexpectedly (either death from lag spike or ladder slingshot).

About that time, the rest of us arrived in the Cherno area, and that's when the problems really started. Two of the guys made it to his body at the firehouse and started to pull the equipment from his body to redistribute or to save for him. Within a few minutes, they started experiencing frame drops.

Around this time, I arrived just north of Cherno. For me, merely looking in the direction of Cherno would start to tank my frames.  I decided to skirt the north side and try coming in to the city from the east. Looking at the ground instead of the buildings appeared to keep the frames up for a bit, but every once in a while, they would suddenly dip by 15 or 20. A few times, I attracted some zombies and then my frames would tank to 1 or 2. Several times, my video locked while I would hear zombies shrieking around me. Since I figured I was dead, I logged out and jumped servers. To my surprise, when I logged on to the next server, my guy was alive and unwounded. I actually locked several times when zombies came at me while around Cherno and each time I exited and logged back in, my character was fine.

In the end, we made it in to town, grabbed the gear, and made it out, but a number of us went through several lock ups, restarts, etc before we made it to the woods between Cherno and Balota.

The frame drop was manageable when we went through small towns or stayed in the woods. Electro did bring frames down, but was still manageable. Of course, Cherno was horrible. Unfortunately, the frame drop for one of our crew was so bad that at one point, for about 45 minutes, he was constantly experiencing extreme frame lag or locking.

At this point, we are considering the current version to be unplayable. I understand that they pushed the latest patch earlier than expected because of the "infinite death" bug that was introduced by the previous patch, but it's too bad that this issue popped up. It's all part of the dev process.  :)  Hopefully they devs are able to find the solution for the frame drop issue next week.

Edited by RedDogMT

I've also had the FPS drop, Pre-patch i ran at about 50-60fps and now i'm running at about 5-10fps before the game freezes completely. I'm running a MSI R9 290x with 4gb GDDR5 an almost 800$ card so i really hope it has nothing to do with my setup.

The FPS-drop issue is being heavily discussed here in the forums and elsewhere on the net, so if you used the search function (or maybe even perhaps Google or something similar ;) ), you might have found this thread right here in the forum:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172310-new-patch-memory-leak-possible-fixworkaround/

It worked for me, I had huge issues with FPS since the last patch, but after using this fix everything's back to normal and I can play again :)

• Like 2

Have only experienced an fps boost since stable patch, its either settings or server in my opinion

No issue with FPS here. Played 3 hours straight. Did notice increase in FPS as more and more people left the server I was on. Started out with 40/40 and ended up with just 10/40. But apart from the global sound glitches (which happen a lot more when a server is full), no real issues to speak of.

I was able to "fix" my frame rate drop. I had a few items in my inventory that weren't rendering properly so I dumped them. that didn't help. I went back through my inventory and discovered some of my attachments weren't rendering properly either but they were not flickering like the other items. It was a mag pull buttstock and handguard (green). It was hard to tell at first because of the color but they were definitely not rendered right. I found new handguard and buttstock (green magpull) and switched them for the glitched ones on my rifle. That worked until I reconnected to the server. They didn't render properly upon login so I ditched them completely for stock attachments and haven't had an issue since.

TL;DR check for improperly rendered items in inventory, even attachments. Green attachments can be hard to tell if glitched or not.

Same thing.
I had food items inside my yellow cases that had no textures on it. Same thing for the Headtorch, no texture on it. Only a mat shader.
I dropped these items an ran away and now I can play just fine like before.

Edited by Lachance

I can seem to dl the new update, its stuck on 0.34.115077, intried restarting computer but that did not work, any ideas people?

Me too. Anybody know anything?

The only main problem I have encountered so far was in Svetlojarsk. Me and a few friends went there after raiding the shipwreck to find some more attachments, gear, etc. Once we got there our frames dropped dramatically. It was pretty crazy going from a normal 50-65 fps in towns down to about 3-12 fps. We eventually got tired of it so we left the town maybe about 1200 meters but the fps drop didn't resolve itself; Ended up all moving to a different server and it was fine, up until we went back to the town. In other words DONT GO TO SVETLOJARSK. Pretty much the fps drop is permanent until re-log.

One other small problem I got was I was killed by a player, went to respawn and I was stuck (Just like a lot of other people) in the middle of the ocean - dead (Pressed Esc and I could see where I was). This was easily resolved for me but yea... that was pretty annoying on its own.

P.S. When will there be a good hotfix/patch for this? Things were fine before; Should have just kept things normal and on schedule -.-

I start with decent FPS and then (after about 5-10 minutes of playing) it drops to like 3-5 frames per second or even below (literally, sometimes the game freezes). It's happening to me and all my friends after this update. It's unplayabruuu right now  :(

Okay, I wanna do a little update on my previous post. I was playing at 25-30 fps stable and all of a sudden fps dropped to below 10. Second after that it started raining. 2 or 3 minutes later the rain stopped and 5 second after that my fps came back to 25-30.

So yeah, in my case it's probably the new weather that causes the fps drops.

I seem to have gotten an fps boost since this patch, especially in towns where before i would get 15 to 18fps i am now getting 25 to 30 fps, strange.

Since the patch i only get the messages "Please Wait ...", "You are unconscious." and "You are dead."

Please fix that problem too.

The only main problem I have encountered so far was in Svetlojarsk. Me and a few friends went there after raiding the shipwreck to find some more attachments, gear, etc. Once we got there our frames dropped dramatically. It was pretty crazy going from a normal 50-65 fps in towns down to about 3-12 fps. We eventually got tired of it so we left the town maybe about 1200 meters but the fps drop didn't resolve itself; Ended up all moving to a different server and it was fine, up until we went back to the town. In other words DONT GO TO SVETLOJARSK. Pretty much the fps drop is permanent until re-log.

One other small problem I got was I was killed by a player, went to respawn and I was stuck (Just like a lot of other people) in the middle of the ocean - dead (Pressed Esc and I could see where I was). This was easily resolved for me but yea... that was pretty annoying on its own.

P.S. When will there be a good hotfix/patch for this? Things were fine before; Should have just kept things normal and on schedule -.-

This patch was meant to fix a bigger issue of numerous players not being able to play at all because they were stuck at the you are dead screen that is why they had to do the emergency hotfix before the weekend and they even warned players that it may introduce new bugs since they only got to test it for a few days.  This is an alpha so you should expect game breaking bugs to appear every now and then.

• Like 2

Cant play after the last update. After 5 minutes game starts lagging very bad... freeze and crash. Before the last update was working very good.